What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Acee says Floyd and Gates out tonight... (1 Viewer)

DanFouts

Footballguy
After he tested his hamstring Thursday afternoon, the Chargers determined that Malcom Floyd was not fit to play Thursday night against the San Francisco 49ers.

Floyd had played in all four games sine the Chargers' bye but last week aggravated the hamstring strain that had kept him out three games prior to that and could not come back in time on a short week.

As expected, Antonio Gates will not play a second straight game due to the torn plantar fascia in his right foot.

Philip Rivers will have wide receivers Vincent Jackson and Legedu Naanee.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/de..._medium=twitter

Can you sit V-Jax now? Gosh, I am toiling between a start three of CJ, Nicks, V-Jax and Britt, and it is bar far, the toughest decision I have had to make all season...

I just picked up Naane to throw in for Floyd, with Rivers throwing the ball and no gates he can put up similar numbers that Malcom could have

I just picked up Naane to throw in for Floyd, with Rivers throwing the ball and no gates he can put up similar numbers that Malcom could have
The Charger website has an interesting depth chart:WR1 Malcom Floyd Patrick Crayton Seyi Ajirotutu

WR2 Malcom Floyd Legedu Naanee Kelley Washington

http://www.chargers.com/team/depth-chart.html

Since the article referred to V-Jax and Naanee as the starters, I presume the first Malcom Floyd is in fact Jackson. Crayton is out. I think all the remaining receivers are decent plays. V-Jax could be a monster play.

Jesus, giagantic bump for Sproles here.

Impact on the running game with this? Have they announced if Willis is out?

Jesus, giagantic bump for Sproles here.Impact on the running game with this? Have they announced if Willis is out?
Was just thinking this. Sproles had some really nice games when Floyd was out before VJAX came back. I think matthews was out too though. Hmm...

San Diego homers please help us with your opionion on Naanee for tonights game?
:thumbup:I was planning on starting some waiver wire chum this week (choices are Ben Obomanu/Anthony Armstrong/Arrelious Benn) but I'd like some insight as to whether Naane is a better play than any of those guys.

Sweet biscuits...just discovered that VJax is available in one of my leagues. Scooped him up, but not sure I have the balls to start him over my choices of Owens, Colston, and Tampa Mike Williams. I just created a headache for myself...

Last edited by a moderator:
Sweet biscuits...just discovered that VJax is available in one of my leagues. Scooped him up, but not sure I have the balls to start him over my choices of Owens, Colston, and Tampa Mike Williams. I just created a headache for myself...
I'd easily start him over Tampa Mike.49ers linebackers Patrick Willis and Takeo Spikes will play, although both have broken right arms, a source with knowledge of the situation told NFL.com senior writer Steve Wyche. Spikes and Willis have had their arms casted and are expected to have them reinforced with padding and tape in order to play. Both were listed as questionable.

I just listened to Cecil Lammey's lexycast...recommends sitting on VJax until we see something. Feels like the smart thing to do, but I could totally see him blowing up tonight.

This is maddening. Just when I thought I could maybe play Seyi Ajirotutu, all of the sudden Naanee comes back and I even saw Kelly Washington getting targeted a lot.

I'm desperate at WR3 and would be tempted to start Ajirotutu if I could but I just have no idea who's gonna be targeted.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just listened to Cecil Lammey's lexycast...recommends sitting on VJax until we see something. Feels like the smart thing to do, but I could totally see him blowing up tonight.
I'm sorely tempted to start VJax instead of Wallace or Britt tonight, but, as I have Kaeding and the SD defense, I feel that it would be unwise to put too many eggs in one basket. I could see VJax getting 7/109/1, but I can also envision SF rolling safety help his way allowing Nanee or Arojitutu to have those numbers leaving VJax with something like 3/34/0.If he goes off for several TDs, I'll kick myself. But Britt's matchup vs. HOU is a bit more intriguing - even if his QB isn't up to the same level as Rivers.

trying to decide between VJAX and Marshall as well. Already have Kaeding going. Leaning Marshall vs Buffalo but worried the Dolphins wont even need to pass.

crap, was hoping to roll with floyd tonight. naanee is on the waiver wire, so i may try to snag him. other options are ochocinco or m. wallace (worried about revis).

I'm putting him in. No guts, no glory. And if he flops, I'll take take it to the venting thread. Dodds bumped him up big time in the rankings, FWIW.

Dude, do we have the same team.Those three are my WRs. You wouldn't happen to have Matt Ryan, Moreno and MJD do you?

This is maddening. Just when I thought I could maybe play Seyi Ajirotutu, all of the sudden Naanee comes back and I even saw Kelly Washington getting targeted a lot.

I'm desperate at WR3 and would be tempted to start Ajirotutu if I could but I just have no idea who's gonna be targeted.
I'm in a similar situation. Just looking at Naanee's and Ajirotutu's stats, I don't see how either can be trusted.

Man this sucks but I really have to wait and see if Greg Jennings will have Rogers on Sunday. If only this game were played on Sunday. Then I would feel sure of my decision of starting VJ.

Dude, do we have the same team.Those three are my WRs. You wouldn't happen to have Matt Ryan, Moreno and MJD do you?
Oh my...Here is my team:

Matt Ryan

David Garrard

M. Jones-Drew

A. Bradshaw

J. Best

D.Woodhead

M. Colston

T. Owens

V. Jackson

M. Williams

A. Gates

C. Cooley

D. Akers

San Diego D

Starters penciled in for this week in bold...no one cares, but perhaps you do :ph34r:

I'm sorely tempted to start VJax instead of Wallace or Britt tonight, but, as I have Kaeding and the SD defense, I feel that it would be unwise to put too many eggs in one basket. I could see VJax getting 7/109/1, but I can also envision SF rolling safety help his way allowing Nanee or Arojitutu to have those numbers leaving VJax with something like 3/34/0.If he goes off for several TDs, I'll kick myself. But Britt's matchup vs. HOU is a bit more intriguing - even if his QB isn't up to the same level as Rivers.
That's a good way to look at it (not putting all the eggs in one basket). I also had to choose between Jackson and Britt  and went with Jackson last minute, partly because I may go with Collins over Big Ben. I hope they both get off though. 

That's a good way to look at it (not putting all the eggs in one basket). I also had to choose between Jackson and Britt  and went with Jackson last minute, partly because I may go with Collins over Big Ben. I hope they both get off though. 
I went with Britt over Vjax, ugh. Hope they do both go off.

Going with VJax, likely Welker will sit on Sunday. Main reason is because I can watch the game tonight!

Welp, fml.

Welp, fml.
:lmao:

Users who are viewing this thread