What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Adele (1 Viewer)

Love my gb kutta but gotta disagree with him on this one. I dislike most top-40/pop whatever you want to call it music but Adele is insanely talented. Her songs are so powerful and filled me emotion. I am chuckling at you not knowing who she was - I'm actually not completely surprised based on a couple discussions we've had. Definitely check out her other stuff - not sure you'll like it because it's pretty similar to "Hello" but she's worth listening to.
Well when I get to Atlanta and have that bourbon with you, let's go for some different tunes. :banned:

casual fan for a while, but Adele sounds to have reached a point many of even the best modern artists do - keeping the counsel of those who only say 'yes' and 'more'. 'hello' sounds more engineered than composed. still powerful in its way, hardly as clever or genuine as the stuff that broke her, tho
Solid critique here.

Crazy voice. Chill inducing. I watched the official video and then this live version back to back....could hardly tell any difference in voice quality.

Just effortless. Sam Smith is a male comparison. Those two in a different league.
Possibly Sia as well. http://youtu.be/8Hg_rIqOZHc
Never heard of her til last night when she was on SNL...she killed on both performances.
You may have heard her music before though. She sang Breathe Me, which was the finale song for Six Feet Under, and vocals on Titanium, which was a huge pop hit a few years ago.
and Chandelier (her hit song last year) was one of the more memorable and popular music videos in recent memory. It was spoofed everywhere.
:bag:

I knew Sia from the SFU Breathe me song.

I checked out her more popular hits from the recommendations in this thread.

I thought that chandelier song and the elastic heart one where Rhianna when I would hear them on the radio

Crazy voice. Chill inducing. I watched the official video and then this live version back to back....could hardly tell any difference in voice quality.

Just effortless. Sam Smith is a male comparison. Those two in a different league.
Never heard of her til last night when she was on SNL...she killed on both performances.
You may have heard her music before though. She sang Breathe Me, which was the finale song for Six Feet Under, and vocals on Titanium, which was a huge pop hit a few years ago.
and Chandelier (her hit song last year) was one of the more memorable and popular music videos in recent memory. It was spoofed everywhere.

I thought that chandelier song and the elastic heart one where Rhianna when I would hear them on the radio
She wrote alot of Rihanna's hits

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe I heard she will be on SNL this weekend and also look for a BBC special to air with live performances in the next few days.Sales of the album may break a ton of records.

Oh yeah, I knew of her when she was the girl you lost to cocaine.

i cannot listen to Sia or Rihanna. Absolutely hate their voices.

Adele, she is OK, her voice doesn't make me want to :X or :wall: although her songs are a bit boring, IMO.

Love Chasing Pavements though.

signed

50 y/o white dude

Love the new Adele song and was kinda embarrassed about it. Power in numbers. I feel it's part of the oedipal complex . 9 of 10 songs I can't get enough of right now are by women/girls.

Adele says no streaming for new album '25'

British singer Adele's much-anticipated new album "25" will not be available for streaming on any digital music services, including Spotify and Apple Music, a music industry source said on Thursday.

The source said Adele's XL Recording label had decided to withhold "25," expected to be the biggest album release of 2015, from streaming platforms when it is released on Friday. The New York Times first reported the move, citing three people familiar with the matter.

"We love and respect Adele, as do her 24 million fans on Spotify. We hope that she will give those fans the opportunity to enjoy '25' on Spotify alongside '19' and '21' very soon," Spotify said in a statement, confirming that its followers would not have access to the new album.

Adele's representatives declined to comment on the decision, which follows a similar move by U.S. country-pop artist Taylor Swift over her 2014 album "1989."

Apple Inc did not immediately respond to requests for comment and other services, including Pandora and Google Play could not immediately be reached.

The album is the first by the British singer since "21" in 2011, which won six Grammys and sold more than 30 million copies worldwide.

"25" had been expected to sell more than 1 million units in North America alone in its first week, according to estimates by Billboard magazine last month.

The release follows record-breaking downloads and views for the first single "Hello," which was released in October. As of this week, the video for "Hello" had racked up 400 million plays on YouTube.

The move by Adele and her management mirrors Swift's refusal to offer her album "1989" to streaming services. Swift, one of the most powerful names in pop music, made the decision after writing an op-ed on how artists should value their music and not offer it for free.

"1989" went on to become the biggest selling album in the world in 2014 with estimated sales of more than 8.5 million copies.

Swift in July agreed to put "1989" on Apple Music, days after it did an about-face and agreed to pay artists during a free trial of its new streaming music service.
Interesting that you can stream the single now (Whetting the appetite) but won't be able to stream the album. Wonder if they will take down the single stream when the album is released. Also wonder how many people will be more likely to d/l the music illegally with this occurring.

British singer Adele's much-anticipated new album "25" will not be available for streaming on any digital music services, including Spotify and Apple Music, a music industry source said on Thursday.

The source said Adele's XL Recording label had decided to withhold "25," expected to be the biggest album release of 2015, from streaming platforms when it is released on Friday. The New York Times first reported the move, citing three people familiar with the matter.

"We love and respect Adele, as do her 24 million fans on Spotify. We hope that she will give those fans the opportunity to enjoy '25' on Spotify alongside '19' and '21' very soon," Spotify said in a statement, confirming that its followers would not have access to the new album.

Adele's representatives declined to comment on the decision, which follows a similar move by U.S. country-pop artist Taylor Swift over her 2014 album "1989."

Apple Inc did not immediately respond to requests for comment and other services, including Pandora and Google Play could not immediately be reached.

The album is the first by the British singer since "21" in 2011, which won six Grammys and sold more than 30 million copies worldwide.

"25" had been expected to sell more than 1 million units in North America alone in its first week, according to estimates by Billboard magazine last month.

The release follows record-breaking downloads and views for the first single "Hello," which was released in October. As of this week, the video for "Hello" had racked up 400 million plays on YouTube.

The move by Adele and her management mirrors Swift's refusal to offer her album "1989" to streaming services. Swift, one of the most powerful names in pop music, made the decision after writing an op-ed on how artists should value their music and not offer it for free.

"1989" went on to become the biggest selling album in the world in 2014 with estimated sales of more than 8.5 million copies.

Swift in July agreed to put "1989" on Apple Music, days after it did an about-face and agreed to pay artists during a free trial of its new streaming music service.
Interesting that you can stream the single now (Whetting the appetite) but won't be able to stream the album. Wonder if they will take down the single stream when the album is released. Also wonder how many people will be more likely to d/l the music illegally with this occurring.
My guess is that Dropbox will see an uptick in usage today

These artist make sooo much bank touring. You'd think they'd embrace pay streaming services since the public clearly prefers this method of song delivery. If you want to buy her album, that options out there too. I can't understand why they risk pissing off millions of fans by withholding streaming so a couple more albums get sold. Plus they have to know that they're encouraging pirating :gang1: of their music. And don't artist typically have lousy deals on their take on albums anyway? How much cash are they actually losing?

Dumb.

Who does she think she is? I guess she thinks she is big enough to change the entire industry. People paying for music services are paying +/- $120 a year for music. That is $120 more than I ever paid for music before, and I'm happy to do it because of convenience. F this fat greedy b and her album.

Who does she think she is? I guess she thinks she is big enough to change the entire industry. People paying for music services are paying +/- $120 a year for music. That is $120 more than I ever paid for music before, and I'm happy to do it because of convenience. F this fat greedy b and her album.
She's making way more money to do it this way. She would be an idiot to do it otherwise.

Who does she think she is? I guess she thinks she is big enough to change the entire industry. People paying for music services are paying +/- $120 a year for music. That is $120 more than I ever paid for music before, and I'm happy to do it because of convenience.F this fat greedy b and her album.
:lmao:

Capella said:
When we were young is a really powerful song. Geez.
Local radio station played it today and maybe the lyrics are powerful, but the song sucked out loud. Kept waiting for it to have some sort of catchy riff, but it felt like some wailing lounge singer who ambled on and on.

Capella said:
Local radio station played it today and maybe the lyrics are powerful, but the song sucked out loud. Kept waiting for it to have some sort of catchy riff, but it felt like some wailing lounge singer who ambled on and on.
:fishing:
Sorry man. That song was ear abuse. I'm sure lyrically it is on par with Dylan's best stuff, but that song is terrible. You and I obviously have different tastes in music. I like some of her stuff, but When We Were Young isn't for me at all.

Capella said:
Sorry man. That song was ear abuse. I'm sure lyrically it is on par with Dylan's best stuff, but that song is terrible. You and I obviously have different tastes in music. I like some of her stuff, but When We Were Young isn't for me at all.
That's fine but lounge singer? Come on.

Capella said:
That's fine but lounge singer? Come on.
In that it just seems to amble on without really hitting a peak. Her voice is legendary, but that song just meanders for me, like a lounge singer who just drones on.

What a voice she has. Her new song gives me chills and Im not ashamed to admit it. The best singer of this generation.
what generation is that?

cause she is not the best singer of this generation..

Americans born between 1977 and 1994.

is her generation which means loads of singers better than her :D

Love Adele, particularly "21." Hello is miles above anything else on the rest of the "25" album. A bit underwhelmed by it.

Current generation is people born in nineties and onward numbnuts and she's not ever American although I dont understand the point of mentioning that. She's born in 1988 so close enough. Name singers better than her of this generation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMkW_idNaMA

now thats singing from a god...that voice would get you so much poon tang.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-O29UGfWReY

this voice makes you a bad ###...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LK3NuxO3Ke0

not this generation but plays in a band in this generation

voice of a ####in angel.

^ probably the best singer of todays music...by a long shot.

and a female singer better than adele?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6-XiYgRSE0

amy lee of course.....

adele is great but she is nothing that hasnt been done before.

Current generation is people born in nineties and onward numbnuts and she's not ever American although I dont understand the point of mentioning that. She's born in 1988 so close enough. Name singers better than her of this generation.
she is born in my generation.

which spans from 1977 to 1994

current generation can barely drive cars right now.

she is like 27

Users who are viewing this thread