What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Adrian Peterson....time to sell fellas (1 Viewer)

You were wrong in your original premise. Unless someone offers a Herschel Walkeresque payday you ride guys like AP into the ground. Of course all trade offers are unique but if you sold prior to 2011 you most likely would not have generated the value you hoped relative to the way AP has performed since then.
So how about this year and next year though, and the year after that? Say I traded AP for the top rookie from that season. Just straight up traded a 27 year old Adrian Peterson for the #1 overall dynasty pick. I think that's pretty reasonable. The consensus #1 pick that year was AJ Green.

Since this thread came into existence, standard FBG scoring -

Adrian Peterson - 806.6 FP

AJ Green - 852.2 FP

You were wrong in your original premise. Unless someone offers a Herschel Walkeresque payday you ride guys like AP into the ground. Of course all trade offers are unique but if you sold prior to 2011 you most likely would not have generated the value you hoped relative to the way AP has performed since then.
So how about this year and next year though, and the year after that? Say I traded AP for the top rookie from that season. Just straight up traded a 27 year old Adrian Peterson for the #1 overall dynasty pick. I think that's pretty reasonable. The consensus #1 pick that year was AJ Green. Since this thread came into existence, standard FBG scoring -

AJ Green - 852.2 FP
And if my grandmother had wheels she'd be a wagon. You were three seasons early, and even then it was by luck, why is it so difficult for you to accept?What if you had taken the consensus #1 RB in 2011? Or any RB for that matter? How many players drafted in 2011 have exceeded AP's production?

Last edited by a moderator:
The OP of this thread was a just a few years early, but if you haven't already sold Peterson folks, you are officially late.

The AP ship has officially sailed.

Time to lock this sucker.

The OP of this thread was a just a few years early, but if you haven't already sold Peterson folks, you are officially late.

The AP ship has officially sailed.

Time to lock this sucker.
So funny coming from a Gordon supporter that you think he's done. As we've seen, anything can happen.

My Soulfly prediction: Week 8 he's back.

Rymes, if you can't see the difference here, le me help you out.

Major sponsors are not calling the league office because Gordon failed test #72 by the slimmest of margins and had a few speeding tickets.

And if his DUI was a Blackmon like .24 instead of .09, I would have declared Gordon as toast.

AP And Gordon are not even remotely comparable.

One of these two will be playing again in 2014, the other will not.

So how about this year and next year though, and the year after that? Say I traded AP for the top rookie from that season. Just straight up traded a 27 year old Adrian Peterson for the #1 overall dynasty pick. I think that's pretty reasonable. The consensus #1 pick that year was AJ Green. Since this thread came into existence, standard FBG scoring -

AJ Green - 852.2 FP
And if my grandmother had wheels she'd be a wagon. You were three seasons early, and even then it was by luck, why is it so difficult for you to accept?What if you had taken the consensus #1 RB in 2011? Or any RB for that matter? How many players drafted in 2011 have exceeded AP's production?
lol. Didn't like that one too much did you? It's ok.

Bigboy10182000 said:
Fat Nick said:
Bigboy10182000 said:
No way he plays this week:

ProFootballTalk‏@ProFootballTalk5 mins

Nike pulls Adrian Peterson merchandise off shelves in Twin Cities stores http://wp.me/p14QSB-9zCL
It'd be really hard for the Vikings to rescind that "He's reinstated and he's playing" comment now though. What a PR nightmare that would be...No new info in the case, just changing their minds. They're likely to look like fools either way, but I think it's going to take more than Nike not selling ADP jerseys to swing them.
Rog wont allow it. I expect the league to make the call for them.
This right here.
I dont think he sees the field again this season. At the least he gets an indefinite suspension and is back on appeal

AJ Green - 852.2 FP
It's okay to admit that you are wrong and you were wrong for three years. Just let it out buddy.

How was I wrong though? Actually I know how I was wrong. I got talked into going against my gut. That was a mistake. I was really right all along. So I do admit to that mistake. The only way I was wrong, all kidding aside, is if he was more valuable coming off his 27 year old 2097 yard season than he was when I made this post. But then again he was two years older at that point and I don't know that you could have fetched the same trade value at that one point. I guess there isn't really any way to tell. I tend to thin that season was an outlier though.

So I guess the question becomes:

Do you prefer a 25 year old coming off a 1300 yard season or a 27 year old coming off a 2097 yard season.
On a long enough timeline everyone eventually is a sell. So you win because Peterson isn't immortal and will age? If that's your premise then you do win I suppose.

Had an offer of Danny Amendola for him in 12 team Re-Draft. I declined that, as he wouldn't even make my roster, but told the owner I'd trade him for Malcom Floyd or Reuben Randle.

I'm gonna trade him today, or cut him and send him into our player pool for FAAB bids tonight. At the very least, drain someone else's FAAB that wants to deal with the headache. I don't have the roster space to hold him indefinitely thanks to injuries to other players.

Edit: And yeah, just took Randle for him. I'm done.

Chaka said:
Sabertooth said:
Chaka said:

AJ Green - 852.2 FP
It's okay to admit that you are wrong and you were wrong for three years. Just let it out buddy.
I would if I was. But I wasn't so you should.

Chaka said:
Sabertooth said:
Chaka said:

AJ Green - 852.2 FP
Okay. I absolutely and categorically admit that I am wrong for thinking you are a mature and rational human being.

Satisfied?

Chaka said:
Sabertooth said:
Chaka said:

AJ Green - 852.2 FP
Okay. I absolutely and categorically admit that I am wrong for thinking you are a mature and rational human being.

Satisfied?
And likewise and categorically apologize for waffling on my original gut instinct. Turns out I was spot on. Only slight hiccup was his 2097 yard season. These things happen. He still failed in the playoff that year though.

I just dealt AP and got L.Green TE SD. It is a 16 team IDP league, 1.5ppr for TE's. Figured at worst, a wash this year scoring wise for both. More of a move for next year when Gates gets cut.

What are people getting for Tiger Blood Peterson nowadays? Ladarius Green seems like a bargain.
The guy in last place of my league is collecting potential keepers. AP only costs a 4th rounder. Trying to get Desean from him. Normally wouldn't even try but he just traded lacy and Gio for Hyde, Mason and Rainey. Need to get in on this.

Sold him Saturday at our deadline in a package for L.Bell before the ruling came down.

it was ADP,OBJ,Moncrief, 2014 3rd

for L.Bell, Maclin, 2014 2nd.

How so? Is he even in the top 10 in fantasy points from 2011-2014? Top 20? Maybe one of the data miners could look that up, I don't know a good way to do that.

How so? Is he even in the top 10 in fantasy points from 2011-2014? Top 20? Maybe one of the data miners could look that up, I don't know a good way to do that.
Im gonna jump out on a limb and suggest missing almost an entire season hurt his numbers.

Im gonna jump out on a limb and suggest missing almost an entire season hurt his numbers.
This. Assuming you've got a little bit of depth on your roster, PPG is what matters and Peterson still crushed at that through 2011-2014.

I have no idea what that would have to do with anything. You posted this thread before his near-record breaking 2,000+ yard season. I guess you're trolling though, so have fun trolling in a thread where you look like a maroon.

Yeah everybody has games they miss.
So on average guys missed 25% of that time frame? Now would be a good time to consider the first law of holes.

Where do you all think this is headed? I wonder was was discussed between him and owners? I would assume he requested a trade...

50%- return to Minny

25%- holdout

15%- forced trade

10%- they cut him

Users who are viewing this thread