What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

AFC SB Predictions (1 Viewer)

Who will win AFC?

• Colts

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chargers

• Dolphins

• Ravens

• Steelers

• Titans

• Total voters
My guess

IND beats SD

MIA beats BAL

TEN beats IND

PIT beats MIA

TEN V IND this is a tough call I gotta go with TEN though.

TEN beats PIT

TEN v NYG

NYG Wins

Last edited by a moderator:
Colts and Chargers are both hot right now. I think it could be the winner of this game.
Agree. If the Colts can get by SD, they go all the way. But SD couldn't have asked for a better time to peak. I almost favor SD.

Steeler should have enough to get thru the AFC, but then they get blasted by the Giants in the Super Bowl

My guessIND beats SDMIA beats BALIND beats PITTEN beats MIATEN V IND this is a tough call I gotta go with TEN though.
No way Indy comes into Pittsburgh and wins. I'll call that. Of all the AFC teams, I think the Colts will be the easiest win in Pittsburgh.

My guessIND beats SDMIA beats BALIND beats PITTEN beats MIATEN V IND this is a tough call I gotta go with TEN though.
If Miami beats Baltimore and Indy beats San Diego, then Miami would play in Pittsburgh and Indy would play in Tennessee.IF...and this in my mind is a huge if...Miami gets by Baltimore, I think they could give a (shaky?) Roethlisberger and Pittsburgh fits.

If Miami beats Baltimore and Indy beats San Diego, then Miami would play in Pittsburgh and Indy would play in Tennessee.IF...and this in my mind is a huge if...Miami gets by Baltimore, I think they could give a (shaky?) Roethlisberger and Pittsburgh fits.
It's a toss up for me between PITT and MIA as the AFC weakest link. But it's the playoffs and anything could happen.

No way Indy comes into Pittsburgh and wins. I'll call that. Of all the AFC teams, I think the Colts will be the easiest win in Pittsburgh.
They already went into Pittsburgh and won once this year. Why wouldn't they be able to do it again?
Not saying it's a lock to happen again, but that's what I was thinking too.

Not much love for the Titans, eh? Are some forgetting the beatdown they put on the Steelers last week? It is gonna take a major effort for a team to go into Tennessee and win.

I think this is the year that Jeff Fisher finally wins that elusive Super Bowl.

My guess

Indy at SD - SD

Baltimore at Miami - Baltimore

SD at PITTS - SD

Baltimore at Tennessee - Tenn

SD at Tenn - Tenn

I think the colts are the most overrated team in AFC.

They beat a bunch of weak teams at the end and barely beat others decent teams.

Now they have to play every game on the road.

I'll take the Titans.

I think the colts are the most overrated team in AFC.They beat a bunch of weak teams at the end and barely beat others decent teams.Now they have to play every game on the road.I'll take the Titans.
I agree with the Colts being given too much hype. Their defense isn't playing well even when Bob Sanders is playing. The game vs Jacksonville in Week 16 showed a team that was very vulnerable. I think the Colts will have a hard time surviving the Chargers game. I know they beat them last time but that was a tight game that could have gone either way. I think the Chargers have steadily improved on Defense of late.

Peyton is less than stellar in the playoffs for a majority of his career. The Colts defense is average.

I expect the Colts to get knocked out this or next weekend.

They have zero chance of making the Super Bowl. Look for any team with a strong defense to

pummel Manning and the Colts yet again.

They already went into Pittsburgh and won once this year. Why wouldn't they be able to do it again?
:lmao: Although Manning was extremely lucky in the last game. His first TD was severely underthrown and bounced off the hands of Ike Taylor to Reggie Waynes who was a couple yards downfield. Taylor had another sure pick go through his hands to Dallas Clark for a first down on a 3rd and long situation. Manning had another horribly thrown pass dropped by Polamalu that would have been 6 the other way. Indy beat the Steelers in Pitttsburgh and could certainly do so again but they had some very fortunate bounces in that game.

:shrug: Although Manning was extremely lucky in the last game. His first TD was severely underthrown and bounced off the hands of Ike Taylor to Reggie Waynes who was a couple yards downfield. Taylor had another sure pick go through his hands to Dallas Clark for a first down on a 3rd and long situation. Manning had another horribly thrown pass dropped by Polamalu that would have been 6 the other way. Indy beat the Steelers in Pitttsburgh and could certainly do so again but they had some very fortunate bounces in that game.
I'll always remember watching that game at the Fox N Hound...some guy was basically crying because of all those bounces...he was mf'n Manning left and right. Sometimes you get the bounces....it'll be tough for them to come into Pgh twice and win though.

Some good observations if the Colts faces the Steelers. I do see the Colts winning again in this matchup because Steelers haven't shown the ability to run the ball, or protect their QB.

Some good observations if the Colts faces the Steelers. I do see the Colts winning again in this matchup because Steelers haven't shown the ability to run the ball, or protect their QB.
As a Steelers fan this is my biggest concern. Parker has been getting a lot of flack but I think the o-line is actually worse at run blocking than they are in pass protection and that is saying a lot. It is a rare occurrence when the line actually opens a hole for Parker to run through.That being said, this is nothing new for the Steelers this year and they've beaten some pretty good teams with the subpar running game. Also Indy is 24th against the run, not much better than the Browns, so I don't think Indy would be able to shut them down entirely.

And let's not forget that Indy is 31st in rushing offense. Going one dimensional against the #1 defense in the league (#1 vs pass, #2 vs run) is not normally a good thing.

It would be an interesting rematch and there is a good chance it could happen.

It's a toss up for me between PITT and MIA as the AFC weakest link. But it's the playoffs and anything could happen.
:deadhorse:

As a Steeler fan, the team I don't want to see the most is Baltimore. Two extremely physical games that could have gone either way. It is just so hard to beat the same team three times. The good news is if this game happens, it is in the conference championship round.

I think the Steelers match up best against Miami, San Diego and Indy. Tennessee and Balimore scare me the most.

That said, I think any team in the AFC has the capability of running this table, with Miami being the longest shot.

My guess

IND beats SD

MIA beats BAL

IND beats PIT

TEN beats MIA

TEN V IND this is a tough call I gotta go with TEN though.
What? You think San Diego is better than either of these teams? You really think Pitt, with that defense, is a weak link?

I have to agree that the AFC is really tough to call. I can see 5 teams with a very legitimate shot at it. Only the Dolphins seem to be the team that has little to no chance. I think any of the other teams have a respective shot at it.

NFC is a joke. Only Carolina or NY are legit Superbowl contenders with possibly Atlanta playing a spoiler to one of them. Minn, AZ, and Philly will all be done after the divisional round and I can't even see one of those 3 making the championship game.

I'm a big fan of the Ravens' toughness but 10 votes (currently) for them is out of whack. Their best game is probably only the fourth or fifth best game of all the AFC qualifiers. And while I like their chances in a slug-fest with the Stillers or Titans, their very worst matchup is the Colts. Peyton is brilliant at the chess match that Rex Ryan and his defense so very much love to play.

Not sure why San Diego is getting so much love here. The 4 teams that SD beat to get to 8-8 are Oakland, KC, Tampa and Denver. Only Tampa has a winning record and they were falling apart at the end. To me, next to Miami, these guys are the weakest AFC player.

I think SD is the weakest out of the AFC field, by a lot.

My crystal ball says that the Titans and Chargers embarrass themselves, while perennial favorites Steelers and Colts do well.

Peyton is less than stellar in the playoffs for a majority of his career. The Colts defense is average.I expect the Colts to get knocked out this or next weekend.They have zero chance of making the Super Bowl. Look for any team with a strong defense to pummel Manning and the Colts yet again.
Right. Explain how Baltimore has never once pummeled the Colts. I'd say it is if anything 50/50 with good defenses. NE with a good defense has had both shoot outs and also pummeled the Colts. Jacksonville with good defenses have never pummeled the Colts. NE is the only team that comes to mind as a good defense that has pummeled the Colts.

Peyton is less than stellar in the playoffs for a majority of his career. The Colts defense is average.

They have zero chance of making the Super Bowl. Look for any team with a strong defense to

Right. Explain how Baltimore has never once pummeled the Colts. I'd say it is if anything 50/50 with good defenses. NE with a good defense has had both shoot outs and also pummeled the Colts. Jacksonville with good defenses have never pummeled the Colts. NE is the only team that comes to mind as a good defense that has pummeled the Colts.
I agree with what you are saying but the 2005 Steelers had a good defense and did an exceptional job against shutting down Manning in the AFC Championship Game.

I have to agree that the AFC is really tough to call. I can see 5 teams with a very legitimate shot at it. Only the Dolphins seem to be the team that has little to no chance. I think any of the other teams have a respective shot at it.

NFC is a joke. Only Carolina or NY are legit Superbowl contenders with possibly Atlanta playing a spoiler to one of them. Minn, AZ, and Philly will all be done after the divisional round and I can't even see one of those 3 making the championship game.
I actually think that the NFC stacks up very well with the AFC this year. Carolina and NYG are certainly serious contenders to win it all but don't sleep on PHilly. If this team gets hot, they can beat anyone. It pains me to say that as a Steeler fan living in Philly. I hate Eagles fans but they've got a solid team and seemingly a lot of luck on their side.

Not sure why San Diego is getting so much love here.
Because of their December run, but let's remember that that four-game winning streak was against Oakland, KC and two teams that completely collapsed. Their offense will keep them from getting blown out, most likely, but a team with a defense that bad just isn't going to win three games in a row in a tough AFC, unless their defense makes a miraculous turnaround, similar to the one Indy's made in '06.
I think SD is the weakest out of the AFC field, by a lot.
I think that kinda goes without saying. Their defense is still pretty bad, and they are the worst-coached team of the six.

Colts over Chargers (this one will be over by halftime)

Dolphins over Ravens (this is toughest call of WC weekend but my gut says Dolphins find way to win)

Steelers over Dolphins (Miami will keep it close for a while but Pitt will pull away late)

Titans over Colts (Titans run all over Colts and keep Manning off the field)

Steelers over Titans (low scoring game, Steelers win on some unbelievable play by Polamalu).

Steelers over Giants in Super Bowl

Colts over Chargers (this one will be over by halftime)Dolphins over Ravens (this is toughest call of WC weekend but my gut says Dolphins find way to win)Steelers over Dolphins (Miami will keep it close for a while but Pitt will pull away late)Titans over Colts (Titans run all over Colts and keep Manning off the field)Steelers over Titans (low scoring game, Steelers win on some unbelievable play by Polamalu).Steelers over Giants in Super Bowl
I :shock: your predictions but the lack of a Steelers running game and crummy pass protection is a major concern. Even with that I think they'll be OK as long as they protect the ball. If Ben goes on a pick or fumble spree they are toast.

Ghost Rider said:
Not much love for the Titans, eh? Are some forgetting the beatdown they put on the Steelers last week? It is gonna take a major effort for a team to go into Tennessee and win. I think this is the year that Jeff Fisher finally wins that elusive Super Bowl.
To me it comes down to the health of their defense (Haynesworth, etc.). If they can give a go and play well I think they have the type of game to win it all.

why? they played to a 3 pt game a few weeks ago and it's not like Indy has some great defense or SD can't score (2nd in league). I think this will be a game where each team scores nearly each time it has the ball, it's going to come down to TD's vs. FG's.

Godsbrother said:
clampino said:

I agree with what you are saying but the 2005 Steelers had a good defense and did an exceptional job against shutting down Manning in the AFC Championship Game.
Yeah, but the thing about Manning is, even if it looks like the game is getting away from the Colts, he can still bring them back within striking distance. The Colts still had a achance to win that game at the end. If I remember right, Nick Harper was playing on a hampered leg and was caught by Big Ben after attempting to run back a PITT fumble. I'm not saying manning can't get rattled enough to lose games because we have seen him do that. But we've also seen him beat some of the best defenses out there. That's why I say it could be 50/50. It could go either way. But if they continue this streak, I don't see an AFC defense that can beat Manning. The offense is healthy. They are winning without Marvin even being a factor this year. I like thier chances, but I will say this is the most even I have seen the AFC in years. Its really up for grabs.

why? they played to a 3 pt game a few weeks ago and it's not like Indy has some great defense or SD can't score (2nd in league). I think this will be a game where each team scores nearly each time it has the ball, it's going to come down to TD's vs. FG's.
Yeah, I don't see this being a blow out either way. Both offenses can score pretty quickly even if it is a lopsided half time score, I wouldn't count either team out at that point.

As a Ravens fan, the one team I would not want to face is the Colts. I feel they have a shot to beat all the others.....

Ghost Rider said:
Idiot Boxer said:
Not sure why San Diego is getting so much love here.
Because of their December run, but let's remember that that four-game winning streak was against Oakland, KC and two teams that completely collapsed.
Conversely, their four-game winning streak was against two teams with winning records and two teams that played much better down the stretch.

My guessIndy at SD - SDBaltimore at Miami - BaltimoreSD at PITTS - SDBaltimore at Tennessee - TennSD at Tenn - Tenn
I agree with everything except the last pick. I think if SD gets by Indy they will be able to pull one off against the Titans. Perhaps I am writing the Steelers off to easily but even if Ben is ready I think his play will be affected enough to allow an upset.

My guess

Indy at SD - SD

Baltimore at Miami - Baltimore

SD at PITTS - SD

Baltimore at Tennessee - Tenn

SD at Tenn - Tenn
I agree with everything except the last pick. I think if SD gets by Indy they will be able to pull one off against the Titans. Perhaps I am writing the Steelers off to easily but even if Ben is ready I think his play will be affected enough to allow an upset.
All reports are that is was a low grade concussion and Ben could be back in practice as early as today though they'll probably wait until next week since they have the bye. By that time I doubt his play will be affected much.To me the only thing keeping the Steelers from the Super Bowl will be turnovers. In the Steelers 4 losses this season they turned the ball over 15 times. In their 12 wins they only turned the ball over a total of 10 times.

If the Steelers lose it will be due to their offense coughing up the ball. Unfortunately, the best teams in the NFL in terms of turnover ratio are all in the AFC playoffs: Miami, Tennessee, Baltimore and Indy.

I don't think the Colts or Chargers. Being on a hot streak can help going into the playoffs, but it doesn't always translate into a SB appearance or SB win. I think the Colts or Chargers (whichever wins) will run into a buzzsaw at some point in the form of a stout defense -- Ravens, Steelers, or Titans.

the chargers dont get blown out. This game will be close.

I don't think they're that good, but I'm taking the Titans here. Being the #1 seed has its advantages, especially when there's no great team in the AFC.

(6)BAL 21 (3)MIA 14

(4)SD 35 (5)IND 33

(1)TEN 14 (6)BAL 10

(2)PIT 42 (4)SD 13

(1)TEN 21 (2)PIT 17

Users who are viewing this thread