What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ahmad Bradshaw (1 Viewer)

49er fan

Footballguy
Bradshaw is consistently falling to the late 4th round in every 12 team mock draft I am a part of. Is it just me, or is this awesome value? Knowing I can probably get him as my RB2 in the 4th round of my redraft league, makes me feel more comfortable taking a top 3 QB in round 1 or one of the top TE's in round 2. Anyone feel different? I usually take him in the 4th, then almost always grab Wilson in the late 8th or early 9th.

Disclaimer: I've done close to a hundred mock drafts over the past 6 weeks, but they've all been done on Yahoo!, which is the site my league is ran under. I'm not a newbie to fantasy football (been playing since '04), but I have not really branched out of the Yahoo! site, other than a couple seasons with MFL. Could this just be a Yahoo! phenomenon?

Last edited by a moderator:
Might be a touch low but I would say at best he is a 3rd round pick and you are smart to pick up Wilson just in case. In the end we will see what happens with him but I would suspect most people have him as a middle of the road RB2 possibly a touch lower or higher.

Also try and get a mock draft in on all the main sites as well. It really will help you in the long run, I personally have an app on my Ipad that lets me do mocks from NFL/ESPN/Yahoo so its a nice thing when sitting waiting for a doctors appointment or what not.

Might be a touch low but I would say at best he is a 3rd round pick and you are smart to pick up Wilson just in case. In the end we will see what happens with him but I would suspect most people have him as a middle of the road RB2 possibly a touch lower or higher.

Also try and get a mock draft in on all the main sites as well. It really will help you in the long run, I personally have an app on my Ipad that lets me do mocks from NFL/ESPN/Yahoo so its a nice thing when sitting waiting for a doctors appointment or what not.
what's the name of the app?

I have seen him go in the 3rd round in most mocks I have done. I love him there. I think he is a value pick this year.

bradshaw is a great player but you have to be concerned with his history of foot problems. I think I would want a safer selection in round 3 than a RB that will prob miss multiple games. just my opinion, but I would look for a my RB2 later. They spent a first rounder on a RB and I think they will split more than folks think

The giants O-line was dead last in YPC last year. That is probably why Bradshaw is falling like he is. I think he is a great back, I had him on my team before he took over for Jacobs. For him to do well they will have to be creative with the run game, which they really aren't. Other RB's available at the same value include Fred Jackson, Darren Sproles, and Frank Gore. I would take those guys over Bradshaw. That is another reason why I think he will probably go in the 4th round. So come draft day if those backs aren't available and I am taking a back in the 4th then I may take him, I see it being a toss up between Bradshaw and Doug Martin, I don't think it is necessarily an undervalued pick though.

I think Bradshaw is a great running back. He runs with incredible power and effort for someone his size (as a Giant fan I was always happier to see Bradshaw in short yardage situations vs. Jacobs , although perhaps that's not saying much). I think this season the Giants try to get back to running the football more and Bradshaw is going to be the workhorse for them. Having said that, I think that the injury risk and potential emergence of David Wilson, not to mention the carries DJ Ware ends up stealing should knock him down a little. When you mix that all together, you have a guy with high-end RB2 potential, but should probably be drafted where he's going now because of all the "caution flags" on him.

I guess it really depends on how his foot injury holds up and how the rookie Wilson performs...but I have to believe that if Bradshaw is healthy enough to play then he has enough talent to produce RB1 numbers

He has a very low floor and a limited ceiling, that's why he is being taken at a heavy discount.

He's the same "style" back as the guy they just drafted in the first round. It is possible Wilson will simply be better in most aspects of his game. If so, Bradshaw won't play much.

Bradshaw has one 1000 yard season out of 5 in the NFL, and while his overall effectiveness in his career has been very good, it wasn't that good last year. Maybe that was partially injury, but that leads to the next concern. What's the deal with his foot? Is the condition chronic? Did he put off a surgery that was probably the best plan a la Landry?

All in all, we could easily be looking at 700-800 total yard kind of guy next year in the lesser half of a time share, and it's also possible he could determine that he needs that foot surgery after all at some point.

I guess if all goes perfectly and Wilson stinks he could have a very good year in a very good offense, but it doesn't seem likely to me at all.

i think wilson is a nice pick later in drafts. he could produce the same or better results as bradshaw and be taken really late.

i think wilson is a nice pick later in drafts. he could produce the same or better results as bradshaw and be taken really late.
I like Wilson more but he is young and it very well could be the Bradshaw show this year. If he has feet issues again this year, the Giants are going to lose patience with Bradshaw.In dynasty get Wilson everywhere you can.

What is Coughlin's history with starting rookies?
He may not start, but if he's good he'll play.Just like most teams, the Giants have played most of their 1st rounders a fair amount over the last 5 years or so, some of them started most of their rookie season. Coughlin seems to hold guys back a little longer than some, but not by a ton.

If Bradshaw is healthy Wilson will not start. Wilson is going to have to prove that he can 1. Protect Eli Manning in the passing game2. Hold onto the ball…he had fumbling issues at Va. Tech

Bradshaw contract:

8/1/2011: Signed a four-year, $18 million contract. The deal contains $9 million guaranteed, including a $5 million signing bonus, Bradshaw's first-year base salary, and $2.5 million of his second-year salary. Annual $250,000 workout bonuses are available in years two through four. 2012: $3 million, 2013: $3.75 million, 2014: $4 million, 2015: Free Agent

One of the recent audibles had info that Wilson is technically the 3rd string RB right now, behind DJ Ware (IIRC).

I like Bradshaw, I think he has been undervaled recently but the foot issues will probably scare me off. I'm no Jene Bramel but those seem like a chronic thing that will never fully heal

I guess it really depends on how his foot injury holds up and how the rookie Wilson performs...but I have to believe that if Bradshaw is healthy enough to play then he has enough talent to produce RB1 numbers
agreed
here is what I like about him:1) Undervalued2) While he does have a good rookie behind him, we have seem time and again, where it took a rookie RB a year to get established3) If the line is an issue, his vision and experience will serve him well over Wilson (this is partially an assumption, but feel "vets" do better than young "jets" in these type of situationsConcerns:1) Foot injuries2) Timeshare may make him a highly efficient 800 yard guy which does not help us muchI like him and think that knowledge of the offense, natural ability and veteran know-how will keep him on the field for at least one more year in a "lion's share" situation...as long as he can stay healthy.

agreed
i am pretty sure he has never perfomed like a RB1 so far in his career. Why now, after drafting a RB in round 1 and having a great 1-2 punch at WR would he even sniff RB1 numbers? Dont see it

'need2know said:
'Sabertooth said:
'49er fan said:
agreed
i am pretty sure he has never perfomed like a RB1 so far in his career. Why now, after drafting a RB in round 1 and having a great 1-2 punch at WR would he even sniff RB1 numbers? Dont see it
I'm pretty sure you are wrong.He finished the 2011 season as the 20th RB in Zealots scoring (non PPR) last season while missing 4 gamesSo his point per game average would have made him a low end RB1 (12 team leagues)Finished the 2010 as the 12th RB is Zealots scoring once again making him a low end RB 1 (12 team leagues)

'need2know said:
'Sabertooth said:
'49er fan said:
agreed
I'm pretty sure you are wrong.He finished the 2011 season as the 20th RB in Zealots scoring (non PPR) last season while missing 4 gamesSo his point per game average would have made him a low end RB1 (12 team leagues)Finished the 2010 as the 12th RB is Zealots scoring once again making him a low end RB 1 (12 team leagues)
good info. still would rather draft a high end WR in the third than him though

'need2know said:
'Sabertooth said:
'49er fan said:
agreed
and i don't think that their 1-2 punch at WR takes away from Bradshaw's value...Sure they have a good passing game, but they don't air it out the way GB/NO/NE does...they still run the ball consistently

'need2know said:
'Sabertooth said:
'49er fan said:
agreed
I only play in PPR and Bradshaw has definitely produced like a RB1 in that last couple years when healthy.2010 - 246.9 points which was good for RB92011 - 125 points in first 7 games before he got hurt which would work out to 285.7 points if you extrapolate it. That would be good for RB5 The question is not will he be able to produce.. Its will he be able to stay healthy.

'SexyRexy said:
One of the recent audibles had info that Wilson is technically the 3rd string RB right now, behind DJ Ware (IIRC).I like Bradshaw, I think he has been undervaled recently but the foot issues will probably scare me off. I'm no Jene Bramel but those seem like a chronic thing that will never fully heal
He has't even been through training camp yet. Depth charts at this point are meaningless for rookies.

'Yenrub said:
'Sabertooth said:
If Bradshaw is healthy Wilson will not start. Wilson is going to have to prove that he can 1. Protect Eli Manning in the passing game2. Hold onto the ball…he had fumbling issues at Va. Tech
1 is absolutely right. Not so sure about 2. Obviously, if fumbling is a consistent issue, he'll sit. However, Bradshaw hasn't exactly been the model of ball security either, so you have to factor that in. Bradshaw put the ball on the ground twice in 4th quarter the Super Bowl for goodness sake. One was let go on a technicality, and the other was recovered by the offense so no harm done, but still...

I know I'm a little late to the party but after watching some videos Wilson looks like he has "it"...I'll be looking to add him later on if/ when Bradhsaw gets hurt.

I like Bradshaw's talent; he's a good, versatile all-around RB. That said, I'm not going anywhere near him this year for four reasons:

1.) The foot issues seem to be a potential chronic problem at this point.

2.) Wilson - taking him late in the 1st the year after signing Bradshaw long term seems to indicate that the team might be worried also.

3.) 3rd / 4th round ADP - I think that this is one of the sweet spots for WR value this year. I'd rather lock up some good WRs in this area and grab my 2nd / 3rd RBs later, as there are a few I really like (Hillis, McGahee, etc).

4.) The biggest issue BY FAR is the massive decline of the Giant's ground game overall. They've fallen off from #1 in the entire NFL in both rushing yards and YPC in 2009 to middle of the pack in 2010, to dead last in both categories last year. The days of NY producing two viable fantasy RBs appear to be over, and with only 1400 total rushing yards (last years total) to be split among a few RBs, I kind of doubt that any Giants RB will be a guy you want to rely on every week. They have a truly elite bunch of WRs, Eli really came into his own as a stud QB the last two years, and they won a Super Bowl last year throwing the ball all over the place. IMO Eli, Cruz, and Nicks are among the best in the NFL at their positions, while the RBs are "merely" good, and the run blocking evidently totally sucks. I expect 2012 forward to look more like 2011 vs. the 2500 rushing yards @ 5 YPC they put up in 2009

In my 16 team PPR league I got him with the 10th pick in round 3. I think he is hugely undervalued this year. Looks good to me for 12+ TDs with no Jacobs there. They way he played at the end of the year and in the playoffs makes me think he's primed for a big year.

If he plays a given week he's pretty much a lock for Top 15 production. I like him as a bit of a dark horse candidate to be a borderline RB1 type of guy. But you just better have a solid backup plan in case he misses time as he does seem to have issues all the time. Like Steven Jackson in that respect, always at least Probable, but often Questionable on the injury report.

I like Bradshaw's talent; he's a good, versatile all-around RB. That said, I'm not going anywhere near him this year for four reasons:

1.) The foot issues seem to be a potential chronic problem at this point.

Agree, this is a concern for sure. I don't know that it's chronic but you have to wonder.

2.) Wilson - taking him late in the 1st the year after signing Bradshaw long term seems to indicate that the team might be worried also.

The team needed a RB and Wilson was the BPA. I think the team realizes Bradshaw is a very good player but injuries are a real threat with him and may always be.

3.) 3rd / 4th round ADP - I think that this is one of the sweet spots for WR value this year. I'd rather lock up some good WRs in this area and grab my 2nd / 3rd RBs later, as there are a few I really like (Hillis, McGahee, etc).

I'd much rather have Bradshaw than Hillis, though McGahee could be nice value. I agree about the WRs in the 3rd/4th though.

4.) The biggest issue BY FAR is the massive decline of the Giant's ground game overall. They've fallen off from #1 in the entire NFL in both rushing yards and YPC in 2009 to middle of the pack in 2010, to dead last in both categories last year. The days of NY producing two viable fantasy RBs appear to be over, and with only 1400 total rushing yards (last years total) to be split among a few RBs, I kind of doubt that any Giants RB will be a guy you want to rely on every week. They have a truly elite bunch of WRs, Eli really came into his own as a stud QB the last two years, and they won a Super Bowl last year throwing the ball all over the place. IMO Eli, Cruz, and Nicks are among the best in the NFL at their positions, while the RBs are "merely" good, and the run blocking evidently totally sucks. I expect 2012 forward to look more like 2011 vs. the 2500 rushing yards @ 5 YPC they put up in 2009

I think the Giants' runnning game will be better this year. They won't be top 10, but there will be improvement IMO. And... even though they weren't effective in the NFL last season, Bradshaw was still the 18th best RB in my leagues, and that's missing 4 games (14th in average points per game). He is very effective in fantasy and could be a borderline #1 RB easily even sharing with Wilson. To me this is a non-issue because Bradshaw was very good last year even though technically the running game struggled.

agreed
and i don't think that their 1-2 punch at WR takes away from Bradshaw's value...Sure they have a good passing game, but they don't air it out the way GB/NO/NE does...they still run the ball consistently
That all seems false. They had fewer rushing attempts than NE and NO. They ran the ball 16 times more than GB, yet they ran for 131 less yards than GB. They aren't a running team and they certainly weren't consistent in run production in 2011.

The Giants were top 10 in RZ% last year(and just outside of it in '10 FWIW). Obviously that includes both run and pass, but fact remains....when they got the ball in the red zone they were housing it over 54-55% of the time. This is a positive.

They weren't a great running team in '11, and they likely won't be in '12 either, but Gilbride will run it with/throw it to the running backs in the red zone whether they are good at it or not. Bradshaw remains the most likely candidate to see the lion's share of those red zone reps.

Bradshaw missed 4 full games last year, was banged up in others, and split reps with Jacobs when healthy and he still had 11 total touchdowns. All of them were scored inside the RZ, with five of them from within the 5. The year before he scored 8 TDs in the same time share. 7 were scored in the RZ. 5 of them from within the 5. What that shows me when I look at Bradshaw is this: A three-down back who gets the RZ/GL work, while being given an occasional blow by somebody, for a pretty good offense. His only negative, and it is a pretty big one, is his questionable durability because of the foot stuff.

I completely understand that TDs are unpredictable, but the Giants offense is pretty strong. They will score TDs somehow. Any scored by the RBs have a very good chance to be scored by Ahmad.

When Bradshaw has played the past two years, he scores like a low-end RB1 most weeks, at worst, particularly in PPR. In round 3 that's extremely valuable.

His stock will rise closer to draft time. I'm sure others see him as a value too. I wouldn't build my first three rounds hoping to get Bradshaw in the forth because somebody will most likely take him in the third. If he's there in the 4th for your taking then yes, he is an excellent value. I heard a Giants insider on Sirius radio today say Bradshaw is going to get the goal line carries which is a huge boost to his fantasy value this year.

Users who are viewing this thread