What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

ahman green stuff (1 Viewer)

jayboy444

Footballguy
been burned recently with ahman green's hamstring woes, compounded by very bad intel. saturday midnight deadline keeps me on edge as last two weeks his "inactive status" wasn't revealed until sunday game time. is he worth the trouble? looks like the pack is happy with RBBC and herron is getting some positive results. is it time to just say good-bye to ahman or does he still have potential to be a top tier RB?

don't think he'll be a top tier RB but he could be a decent #2/great #3 if he can stay healthy. Herron/Morency are going to get looks but Green will see enough touches to be effective. The question is if he can stay on the field.

In my PPR he was ranked, I think, 5th after Week 3.

Had over 100 rushing against Chicago, close to 350 all purpose, 17 receptions and a TD

My concerns are (1) was this injury simply just a run-of-the-mill injury that he's now over and (2) has Herron earned a greater share going forward?

I like him to be a good #2 in a PPR going forward, but we'll obviously be able to read his situation a little better after this week.

In my PPR he was ranked, I think, 5th after Week 3. Had over 100 rushing against Chicago, close to 350 all purpose, 17 receptions and a TDMy concerns are (1) was this injury simply just a run-of-the-mill injury that he's now over and (2) has Herron earned a greater share going forward?I like him to be a good #2 in a PPR going forward, but we'll obviously be able to read his situation a little better after this week.
Well the safe play would be to let him sit the first game back and see if he the main guy or if they use a RBBC approach thats for sure. I would like to use him with Jackson on bye but have Foster and R. Johnson, so he'll ride the pine this week.

been burned recently with ahman green's hamstring woes, compounded by very bad intel.
The "intel" wasn't bad. Each of those two games the coaching staff expected Green to start. It was during pregame warmups that his hammy became sore and thus Green didn't play.

Don't be a drama queen. This is not a rare occurrence - Ahman is fighting hamstring injuries and had the BYE week come at the PERFECT time. I'm forced to start him and we're all going to find out a lot this weekend.

Beyond that, there's not much that needs to be said. Sit and watch.

The ESPN crew just said word from the Packers is to expect a lot of Herron spelling Green in an effort to keep him healthy.

Packers are starting 3 rookie offensive lineman today... Clifton is out.

No idea who will get the carries but I am benching Green today.

I'm benching Ahman in lieu of a 3rd WR (Moss, Galloway... whomever you consider the '3rd' WR of those two.....about equal... ) Wish we know Ahman was "back" so I could just plug him in... course Moss and the 1 reception for 18 yards he'll get today....

I'm also bench him in favor of a 4th WR (R. Moss, Greg Jennings, Reggie Williams). I had him in there ahead of Jennings until I read about the Clifton injury.

I see about 60 total yards from him today. Nothing special. I take the risk with WR's who could foreseeably blowup.

Packers are starting 3 rookie offensive lineman today... Clifton is out.No idea who will get the carries but I am benching Green today.
Clifton got sick last night, Packers reportedly starting three rookies:Colledge at LTSpitz at LGMoll at RG"jail-break"
Spitz has been starting all year hasn't he? Moll the last few games too, after replacing the sub par play of Colledge.Colledge at LT is the weak link IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread