What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ahman Green wants to come back (1 Viewer)

mjr

Footballguy
(Rotoworld) Free agent RB Ahman Green now says he's not retired and is planning to make a comeback attempt. Analysis: Green retired last August after being cut by the CFL's Montreal Alouettes, but he's since had second thoughts. "I've got at least five years left in me to play football," said Green, 35. Green says he's willing to play special teams to get a look. "Just put me anywhere," he said. "I'm a football player first. ... If a team wants to call me and show serious interest, I'll be ready."
Another 5 years? Haha. Any info out there on the performance curve of a 40 year old RB?

(Rotoworld) Free agent RB Ahman Green now says he's not retired and is planning to make a comeback attempt. Analysis: Green retired last August after being cut by the CFL's Montreal Alouettes, but he's since had second thoughts. "I've got at least five years left in me to play football," said Green, 35. Green says he's willing to play special teams to get a look. "Just put me anywhere," he said. "I'm a football player first. ... If a team wants to call me and show serious interest, I'll be ready."
Another 5 years? Haha. Any info out there on the performance curve of a 40 year old RB?
Being cut by the CFL should be a clue your career is over.

'David Yudkin said:
He can sit next to Tiki Barber.
:goodposting: Green wants to come back, huh? So does Cedric Benson...and David Boston.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just playing Devil's Advocate, if there was not a "Vet's Minimum", and you could pay Tiki and Ahman the same as an undrafted FA rookie, wouldn't you do that?

To his credit, at least Green is saying he'd play special teams etc. now. It seems as though he isn't crazy enough to think he can be heavily involved in a team's rushing attack at this point. Although, saying he has five years left is a bit nutty.

I wouldn't expect him to say anything else.

And he has my respect for all of his accomplishments.

Y'all are just bored.

I hope Priest Holmes and Jamal Lewis come back too and we can go back to the good old days of early 2000s when RBs mattered.

'whatadai said:
I hope Priest Holmes and Jamal Lewis come back too and we can go back to the good old days of early 2000s when RBs mattered.
I heard recently that Jamal Lewis is in pretty rough shape for his age

this guy was a wildman from the ninth dimension of the bowels of hell when he was the man but that was back when kids still rolled up there pants and max headroom was all the rage and the kids would quote that all the time and basically it annoyed the hell out of me and when it was cool to have checkerboarded vans which were and still are cool but those days are gone and all you can do now is listen to eddie money and rock out with your you know what out old school style well your jerk neighbor calls the cops but i guess that mabye aman can walk on water and go back and find a way to prove that he still has it take that to the banks brohans from another realm renasanse fair style

Users who are viewing this thread