What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

All in on Matt Flynn (1 Viewer)

Third string demotion is the kiss of death. Flynn will never take another snap for the Oakland Raiders. His future in the NFL, assuming he still has one is holding a clipboard. What a precipitous fall from grace. Not unlike the Josh Freeman saga, but admittedly less dramatic.

Third string demotion is the kiss of death. Flynn will never take another snap for the Oakland Raiders. His future in the NFL, assuming he still has one is holding a clipboard. What a precipitous fall from grace. Not unlike the Josh Freeman saga, but admittedly less dramatic.
That is pretty much one of the best jobs in America.

Anyone remember that "not dead yet" scene from Monty Python?

New Year's Day, 2012, Flynn came into Lambeau vs the Detroit Lions and went:

31 for 44

480 yards

6 TDs (1 Int)

Stafford had a heck of a day that day too btw (5 TDs & a 2 pt conv, but lost 45-41).

That Packer team was 14-1 though. And this is before Flynn's "noodle" arm became "withered."

Jordy Nelson went 9/162/3.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone remember that "not dead yet" scene from Monty Python?

New Year's Day, 2012, Flynn came into Lambeau vs the Detroit Lions and went:

31 for 44

480 yards

6 TDs (1 Int)

Stafford had a heck of a day that day too btw (5 TDs & a 2 pt conv, but lost 45-41).

That Packer team was 14-1 though. And this is before Flynn's "noodle" arm became "withered."

Jordy Nelson went 9/162/3.
:thumbup:

Rotoworld take:

Coach Mike McCarthy named Matt Flynn the Packers' Week 13 starter for Thursday's game against the Lions.

Aaron Rodgers (collarbone) has been ruled out. He participated in some individual drills this week but was never expected to be cleared in time on the short week. Flynn has been getting all of the first-team reps and will be backed up by Scott Tolzien. The last time Flynn faced the Lions, in Week 17 of 2011, he torched them for six touchdowns and 480 yards through the air. He's obviously not going to post those numbers again, but he'll be a decent plug-and-play QB2 option for Week 13. Look for Rodgers to possibly return in Week 14.

Related: Aaron Rodgers

Source: Rob Demovsky on Twitter

This deserves more discussion:

Not to a/c this, but between RG3, McCown and Flynn, Im strongly leaning towards going GB in a big day matchup with WRs desperate to go off and a QB desperate to regain glory.

What are people thinking about his chances tomorrow? DET can definitely be torched and they can score, so he should be throwing... a lot

I picked up Flynn today and will start him over RGIII. I need a win to get in, and RG can't be trusted.

Flynn had 15 points in three qtrs in my league, so I'm hoping he can put 20-25 on the board. As stated above, Det gives up some big points to Qb's.

Come on Flynn, you own the Lions!!!

I picked up Flynn today and will start him over RGIII. I need a win to get in, and RG can't be trusted.

Flynn had 15 points in three qtrs in my league, so I'm hoping he can put 20-25 on the board. As stated above, Det gives up some big points to Qb's.

I'm in the same spot. Trying to decide between Flynn or McGown over Rg3.

Original poster is likely a visionary and saw this playing out exactly this way.

Flynn for dynasty QB#8.

I think this is a high scoring game. 35-31 Packers. I'd start Jordy, Jones, Boykin, Calvin, Stafford, Bush, Burleson, and Lacy. As it stands I only have Burleson, Calvin and Jordy. All are in the lineup today.

I think this is a high scoring game. 35-31 Packers. I'd start Jordy, Jones, Boykin, Calvin, Stafford, Bush, Burleson, and Lacy. As it stands I only have Burleson, Calvin and Jordy. All are in the lineup today.
Surprisingly, of all the guys you'd figure to start, lacy is the one I am a bit concerned about today. Maybe I am just thinking of that epic game Flynn had against Detroit or something but I see this as a good game for Flynn and mayb about 6-7 points for lacy just because of how it plays out. Hope I'm wrong.

Free Jordy!

All I know is that the Packers need this game more than anything, win this and they know Rodgers can come back and take them to the playoffs, if not, well...

So what about Matt's allegedly withered noodle arm and macaroni elbow? All better now?

I just have images of Tiquan Underwood romping free in the Lions backfield.

Flynn went 23/36/218/6.1/1/0 vs MIN - give me that and a little more with a whole 60 minutes, and toss that TD plus one more to Jordy and I can just go to sleep on the tryptophan.

I must say it always cracks me up to look at rankings and you see a team's two WR's ranked in the top 5 or top 20 for a given game and then you scroll down to the QB and he's like not even top 15. Who do they think the receivers will be having all this success with?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think this Lions game is where it all comes full circle for Flynn and not in a good way. He's been living off that one magical game against the Lions and the fairy tale is over.

In like Flynn baby! He's gonna wreck Detroit today. That secondary is terrible and they likely don't have their best CB.

GB fans, I saw lat week that Jones had 12 targets and Boykin 10. Any insight into who Flynn prefers? Any edge of one WR over the other?

Last time Flynn played the lions they helped him get a 25m contract, wonder what the shaky lion pass defense will serve up to Matty boy this time.

I did the same thing. Don't really need the win but I wouldn't mind knocking somebody out of a first-round bye in the playoffs.

The game plan did the guy no favors. You have an offensive line that can't give him any time yet they call a 5-7 step drop every play. How about calling plays that get the ball out of his hands quickly? How about rolling him out? How about anything? It took them 4 possessions to realize maybe they should put him in the shotgun. How do they expect the guy to go through his progressions when the pocket is collapsing almost instantly?

He scored -2.5 points for me. I should of started myself and scored zero.

I'm going to try to take a dump on my own chest because I am an idiot.

He was probably cut last night.

The guy was cut by the Raiders a few weeks ago. No more NFL for Flynn.
That. Was. Awful.

Any of us starting Lacy/Nelson/Boykin/ GB DST must have been engaging in wishful thinking and got drawn in by the stat matchup.

No bad defense can make an awful QB worthwhile.

fantasycurse42 said:
:lmao:

Hopefully the last time he sabotages Lacy though...
He was great for Lacy last week though.
Lacy was great for Lacy! With Flynn at QB, he'll see 8 in box nonstop.
Ya but he also checked down 4 or 5 times to Lacy against Minnesota. Lacy was still good but Rodgers, doesn't do the dump offs very often.
Are you saying Matt Flynn is not a huge downgrade for Lacy?

Clearly Flynn was not prepared to play that game. Not sure what book he's been reading lately, but it was not his playbook.

Snap, drop back, and lock in on Jordy Nelson. He looked like a guy that won a "so you want to be an NFL QB" contest during the pregame warm-up.

I can think of two plays off the top of my head; the Andrew Quarless wide open crossing the field (whom he threw past/behind) and Eddie Lacy standing all alone, facing Flynn, while he sits in the pocket waiting to be sacked.

Should be cut immediately for lack of interest.

He was probably cut last night.

The guy was cut by the Raiders a few weeks ago. No more NFL for Flynn.
That. Was. Awful.

Any of us starting Lacy/Nelson/Boykin/ GB DST must have been engaging in wishful thinking and got drawn in by the stat matchup.

No bad defense can make an awful QB worthwhile.
Except for the Vikings... Their defense seems to make a living out of making bad QB's look good. The game last year against Jacksonville, when Gabbert lit them up at the dome (and nearly beat them), comes to mind as a good example.

msudaisy26 said:
fantasycurse42 said:
:lmao:

Hopefully the last time he sabotages Lacy though...
He was great for Lacy last week though.
Lacy was great for Lacy! With Flynn at QB, he'll see 8 in box nonstop.
Ya but he also checked down 4 or 5 times to Lacy against Minnesota. Lacy was still good but Rodgers, doesn't do the dump offs very often.
Are you saying Matt Flynn is not a huge downgrade for Lacy?
Yes that is exactly what I am saying, as matter of fact another couple weeks and they will be saying Aaron who?

Matt Flynn has been on the active rosters of 4 NFL teams in the past 10 months. Is that an NFL record for a quarterback?

Users who are viewing this thread