What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** All T.O. - All the time *** (1 Viewer)

He'll go to whoever comes up just short in the playoffs and thinks they are one player away from winning next year.Possible candidates from that description: Seattle, Dallas, New York Giants, Denver, New England, Indianapolis? (If they lose Wayne and lose in the SB this year, I could see them giving him a one year deal).But I think we'll have a much clearer picture after the playoffs.

Correct Answer is "other".

Remember, you heard it here first, it will be the DALLAS COWBOYS. Hear me out on this one:

1) Jerry Jones will do anything to win, and he'd love to stick it to a division rival in the process.

2) Parcells can handle Keyshawn, he'll handle T.O., too.

3) Michael Irvin's influence on T.O. will convince him that he'll be a god in Dallas and that he should take a small amount of $ to be treated like a god and make a bigger payday down the line.

Next time T.O. celebrates on the star, he'll have one on his helmet, too.
I'm buying what you're selling. :goodposting: Can't wait for the first Dallas-Philly game of 2006 - and I definitely can't wait for the first time Brian Dawkins crushes TO like a hammer to a light bulb.

Remember, you heard it here first, it will be the DALLAS COWBOYS. Hear me out on this one:

1) Jerry Jones will do anything to win, and he'd love to stick it to a division rival in the process.

3) Michael Irvin's influence on T.O. will convince him that he'll be a god in Dallas and that he should take a small amount of $ to be treated like a god and make a bigger payday down the line.

I highly doubt it. Parcells says he doesn't want bad attitudes, and that's way he dumped Antonio Bryant as soon as he found a taker. Keyshawn is different because he was already one of Parcells guys before he ever acted up in TB. I also don't think Jerry is going to forget the celebrations on the stars that quickly.

He'll go to whoever comes up just short in the playoffs and thinks they are one player away from winning next year.

Possible candidates from that description: Seattle, Dallas, New York Giants, Denver, New England, Indianapolis? (If they lose Wayne and lose in the SB this year, I could see them giving him a one year deal).

But I think we'll have a much clearer picture after the playoffs.
I can't see the Giants going after him because they just gave Burress a big contract. Ditto Indy and Marvin Harrison. I think it's absurd to suggest that New England would take on a guy like this. He'd be a perfect fit in Seattle, Dallas, or Denver, however.

lol Jim Mora just said knowing the Atlanta owner & his son Jim Mora Jr., no way in hell would the Falcons sign him.
Probably the case...however, there were a great many folks (myself included) who thought there a zero % chance the Eagles would pursue T.O. last year and in fact they did. "Talent" + "Greed" + "Desire to Win" make strange bedfellows. :yes:
I think McNabb had a lot to do with TO going to the Eagles. They became buddies during the probowl, and McNabb really wanted TO on the team. I think Reid trusted McNabbs opinion. McNabb learned the hard way that he was wrong about TO's character. McNabb even said in jest this weekend "you never really know someone until you put a mic infront of them". Live and learn.

I would say Seattle is out because cap, although the new CBA could change this, but Reid and Gruden coached for Holmgren. He probably has similar feelings about guys like TO and Meshawn.To me it would be between Dallas, Oakland, Washington, Denver, Miami, Chicago, and KC.

I say other, and this is how it shakes out:In a shocking act of good faith, Drew Rosenhouse drops TO as a client, citing an inability to work for a "classless" individual and a desire to continue doing business in the NFL. He says he figures that TO would be too hard a sell and, after asking around the league, decides to part ways with the"aging, though once great" prima donna. Drew then promptly recieves a position within league offices for a hefty yearly salary. Many years down the road, hello Mr. Commish.TO for his part, left with the prospect of no agent and an increasingly difficult & hostile negotiation process, decides to take his chances in Hollywood. He gets in touch with Dennis Rodman and together they decide to create a reality based TV program entitled "Two for the Road", the irony of which is lost on both of them. The chief conceit behind the show is to chronicle two stars in their twilight as they travel across the US (in a bus aptly named "ME", after their new corporation Megalomania Enterprises), searching for adoration from fans... particularly of the female variety. In a not so coincidental twist of fate, none of the major networks bids on the pilot, but ESPN takes a stab and buys the show for one season. The show is cut short however when, in eposide III (later to be known as the "Any Port in the Storm" episode), TO, after a night of heavy drinking and striking out with the fans, seduces one sexy amazon of a woman whom looks somewhat familiar. It's not until the next afternoon that he wakes up to realize he is in his own bed on the bus... the worm in drag right by his side.

KC NEEDS him, but I can't see him going there.Washington would love him and Snyder isn't afraid of spending, but it would need to be a incentive deal because I think they are not going to have the cap room to do anything else.I really do not want Denver as an option. It would make rooting for my team really hard. Plus I hope they make a run at Wayne in the off-season.I can see the logic on the Dallas idea. I think a Meeshon vs TO battle would be fun.

I apologize if this is a hijack, but what procedures are in place for a situation like this?If/When the Eagles cut him a team can simply opt to pick up the current contract right? They won't necessarily have to give him a big payday for the rest of the year and could just cut him after the season at virtually no cost.I can't see why one of the bottom tier teams wouldn't take a flier on him under these conditions. Green Bay seems like an obvious choice with all the problems they have at WR.Next year when the bonus is due it may be a different story.

Chose ATL.. but would love to see the TUna try a reclamaition (sp?) on him
:goodposting: dallas is my pick, too..he is a tough coach, and t.o. won't try his crap there..

not a bad idea to go to dallas..they are closer to another SB apearance..

I highly doubt it. Parcells says he doesn't want bad attitudes, and that's way he dumped Antonio Bryant as soon as he found a taker. Keyshawn is different because he was already one of Parcells guys before he ever acted up in TB.

I also don't think Jerry is going to forget the celebrations on the stars that quickly.
Antonio Bryant is not the gamebreaking talent T.O. is., not even close. Parcells has different rules for studs (remember LT?), he'd take a chance on Owens if he thought it could help "put a pelt on his pony", as BP refers to SB titles in his biography.Think about. Parcells can take a third differnt team to the SB, but he is running out of time and T.O. can get him there.

As for Jerry Jones, he loved "Primetime" b/c he was a gamebreaker and helped Jones win games and make money. He'd love T.O. for the same reasons.

Last edited by a moderator:
It HAS to be Oakland. HAS to be.

Cannot wait to see Moss and Owens compete for looks on the same team. How long before they start sniping at each other in the press?
Training Camp.That would be comedy gold for any non-Raider fans.

Washington would love him and Snyder isn't afraid of spending, but it would need to be a incentive deal because I think they are not going to have the cap room to do anything else.
Who in Washington would love him? Snyder? Probably. Gibbs? Doubtful.

He will not go to Denver as long Drew Rosenhaus is his agent. Shanahan and owner Pat Bowlen have nothing but contempt for Rosenhaus especially after the Portis incident. When that was going down I picked up a hidden message that if you go with Rosenhaus your days are numbered as a Bronco.

I agree 100%. TO plays in Dallas next year.As an Eagle fan I'll be the first to say that we got what we asked for. TO came, boosted our team to the Super Bowl, and then went back to his old ways.

Last season he was a God in Philadelphia, could have been the Mayor, then he screwed us over. But we should have seen this coming.

I agree that he will not...get a big money long term deal. He will be looking at one or two year deals with special behavior clauses in them. If I had to make a guess where he ends up, I would say Dallas or Denver.

But this is assuming that Phil cuts him right away this summer. I mean we are all guessing that will happen, but if Phil retains his rights and tries to trade him for something of value--are they going to trade him within the NFC to a divisional rival??

It would be funny if he goes to another league like the AFL or CFL for a year. Hypothetically, if there is no agreement reached in the CBA TO could take down the NFL. If he signs a deal in the AFL people will still watch him, just like Tyson in boxing. This would open the door for 18 year olds to go straight to a league, instead of making the NCAA money for free. Its stupid that you can die for your country at 18, but you can not play a pro sport. Rickey may even follow him there if they are lax on marijuana. If the AFL dismissed marijuana as a non-performance enhanceing drug like the Olympics does for snow boarders the NFL would be out of business.

He'll go to whoever comes up just short in the playoffs and thinks they are one player away from winning next year.

Possible candidates from that description: Seattle, Dallas, New York Giants, Denver, New England, Indianapolis? (If they lose Wayne and lose in the SB this year, I could see them giving him a one year deal).

But I think we'll have a much clearer picture after the playoffs.
To will not be a colt :boxing:

It will not be either Washington or Indianapolis, regardless of who they might lose in the off-season. Gibbs and Polian/Dungy are both committed to building TEAMS. Even if Snyder were inclined, he will respect Joe's firm "no".

It HAS to be Oakland.  HAS to be.

Cannot wait to see Moss and Owens compete for looks on the same team.  How long before they start sniping at each other in the press?
Training Camp.That would be comedy gold for any non-Raider fans.
If this happened and HBO didn't bring back that training camp show, it would be borderline criminal. :lmao:

:scared:

If/When the Eagles cut him a team can simply opt to pick up the current contract right? They won't necessarily have to give him a big payday for the rest of the year and could just cut him after the season at virtually no cost.
Exactly right. Which is why the Eagles will cut him in February 2006, right before his roster bonus is due.

I'll gladly take him on the Bears...but I see Dallas/Seattle/Denver is in his future. There is absolutely no way the best receiver in the game has trouble finding a home, although he will not get the money he deserves.

You guys are all naive if you think T.O. won't find any suitors.

GUARANTEED he will find somebody who wants him.

One post mentioned New England...and I say a 1 year deal is not that absurd...
Totally agreed. I doubt anyone gives up much, but someone will take the risk.IMO it would more likely be a team with little to lose, but has a solid veteran QB.

I don't know if TO is more Kevin Brown or Dennis Rodman.

I am thinking Raiders or Falcons.The Raiders are the most likely to sign a players with attitude issues like Owens. The Falcons is likely the top choice for Owens (and they need a #1 WR), but I don't know that would want to take on the character issues. It would be funny if he went to the Falcons...it would be like Vick playing with the angel (Dunn) and devil (TO) on his shoulders.Oh, and the chance of Owens playing for Seattle next year is probably less than 1%. Seattle just brought in a new front office and got rid of all their character issues to build a true team with team players. There is no way they bring in TO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nowhere , he doesnt deserve to play in a pro football league.The guy is a uneducated moron . He should be banned completely.

IMO, the criteria for a team to be willing to sign TO.1. The COACH is dominant decision maker of the team2. The coach only has one to two years of coaching left in him. a. Dallas b. Washington c. San Diego d. Kansas City3. Good QB that needs a stud WR. Eliminates Washington since they think they have their stud in Moss. Dallas probably does not feel that they need TO to be competitive, and Bledsoe may not qualify as a "good" QB according to TO.San Diego may be a little scared off by the David Boston situation, and unknown QB situation.Oakland won't commit more money to the WR position unless they unload Porter or Moss.I think if **** Vermeil is still the coach in KC, that is where he lands.

It's just crazy talk if anyone thinks JJ's going to bring him into Dallas. That is absolutely, positively not going to ever happen under any circumstances, unless it's to face a firing squad. And, in Texas, I'm not sure that's too far out of the range of possibilities.Say what you want about Jerry Jones, but he not about to (a) compete with TO's ego/antics and (b) entirely unwilling to so blatantly stick a thumb in the collective face of the Dallas fans.

To those of you that voted Atlanta, why do you think that TO would want to play with Vick?Face it TO will want to go somewhere where he'll put up numbers and be involved a lot. Atlanta is a run first team, they don't throw much, and as of now they don't really need to. White impressed yesterday, and Finneran still has some years left. Atlanta doesn't need him, why would they want them, and how could they afford them? They're in a bad situation with the cap, they'll be eating some of Price's also.I'd hate to see it though as an Atlanta fan. I don't think Vick would be the same classy guy that McNabb has been. TO would get frustrated with his lack of opportunities and say something about Vick, and I'm not so sure that Vick would be able to stay quiet. TO is a cancer.

Are you (fb)guys kidding me that voted for Atlanta?Having to depend on Vick to get the ball to him might just put T.O. over the ledge he's already on. That's like signing Manny and giving him the bunt signal.Another question. What would be the cap implications of the following:What if you sign T.O. to an incentive contract that pays him game by game only? Therefore, the team is ONLY on the hook, cap-wise, for the good times.Funny thing is --> T.O. and Rosenhaus have screwed both themselves out of millions of dollars.

And, for those who think Atlanta's a good fit, you may want to do a little bit of research on Arthur Blank. T.O.'s about the most visible "bad character" guy out there, and that ain't what Blank will put up with. I give that less than 5% chance of happening.Dallas? No way.Baltimore? Nope.Atlanta? Popular pick, but slim chance.I think Crenell will court him in Cleveland, but my hunch is that Owens will ultimately wind up in Tampa. He's whacked out enough to be a Gruden-type player.

I'll gladly take him on the Bears...but I see Dallas/Seattle/Denver is in his future. There is absolutely no way the best receiver in the game has trouble finding a home, although he will not get the money he wants.
Fixed. (Showing a modicum of respect to your teammates and organization is important in a team sport. He gets an "F" on that side of the ledger.)

Randy Moss left a huge void in the Vikings receiving corps. If Daunte wasn't injured I could see them making a run at Owens.

There's still a slight chance he could come back this year. I highly doubt it but if you've got the space it's not a horrible gamble.

Users who are viewing this thread