What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

All Things Fungi! Mushrooms, Fungi, Psilocybin, Mycology... (1 Viewer)

urbanhack

Fight The Power!
Patiently waiting for Psilocybin Therapy to become available in the Pacific Northwest area, not sure where things stand after legalization... it's legal but no one is offering yet that I can see. Have some friends in the area eager to try with a legit therapist. 

Patiently waiting for Psilocybin Therapy to become available in the Pacific Northwest area, not sure where things stand after legalization... it's legal but no one is offering yet that I can see. Have some friends in the area eager to try with a legit therapist. 
Where are you? I have a friend in the Seattle area who is doing "guided journeys" using plant-based medicine including Psilocybin, DMT and mdma.

Where are you? I have a friend in the Seattle area who is doing "guided journeys" using plant-based medicine including Psilocybin, DMT and mdma.
Friend has been looking for someone in the Springfield/Eugene/Corvallis OR area, doesn't seem to be having luck yet

Man I remember as a kid heading out to the cow pastures after the afternoon thunderstorms we have in FL everyday in the summer. Nothing like seeing those big old shrooms growing out of the cow poop . We would take them home boil them down and make gallons of mushroom tea. Trip our butts off for free. Sometimes I wonder how I ever survived my teenage years .

Last edited by a moderator:
“We don’t pay you enough to be able to put truffles in your risotto, Solo. But don’t ever make the calamitous error of mistaking my deliberate short sightedness for blindness. Now you’ll report for duty tomorrow morning nine a.m. sharp. And with a better attitude.”

Runkle said:

Uncle Ben's Tek.  Grow em yourself. 

Uncle Ben's Tek.  Grow em yourself. 

No. Psilocybin therapy for mental illness requires a trained therapist to guide the journey. This isn't the "treat yourself but really just get high" kind of thing. 

Last edited by a moderator:
No. Psilocybin therapy for mental illness requires a trained therapist to guide the journey. This isn't the "treat yourself but really just get high" kind of thing. 

What mental illness?  Depression?   

I don't think you give yourself enough credit.  

If anyone is interested in a fantastic reference book on the subject (and other mind altering substances), I highly recommend The Psychedelics Encyclopedia. I’m guessing some of the info is a bit outdated, but it’s an interesting book nonetheless. I actually used it as reference for a biochem class I took back in the day. 

Never tried psychedelics, but looking forward to it, once my body starts to fail. No need to escape reality when healthy IMO.

On a loosely related note, the shuttle to Niseko, Japan stops at this random goumet grocery/cafe called Mushroom Kingdom. There’s like a bazillion different types of fungi for sale, though I’m not sure if any of them are psychoactive.

bump for recent shroom chat....
Talk to us about the push for legalization efforts on psilocybin. Could that happen in Oregon or Colorado?
Already has. Decriminalized and now legal. The first shops / guided experiences are starting to open.

Already has. Decriminalized and now legal. The first shops / guided experiences are starting to open.

Man, looks like The Journey is charging $138 for 3 grams worth of mushies plus an average of $1,500 in trip guiding at their facility. Nice business to be in.

Man, looks like The Journey is charging $138 for 3 grams worth of mushies plus an average of $1,500 in trip guiding at their facility. Nice business to be in.
We'll see how all that works out. I would imagine there is no margin on the product and this all for the monitored services and cost of location. Can't imagine what the licenses cost, insurance...we'll see if these places can make any money.

Users who are viewing this thread