What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Alright, it's official Manning is greedy (1 Viewer)

I am finally conviced that everybody who is hating on P.Manning is either going against him this week or hating on the fantasy team that has him...you guys sound like a bunch of girls. Seriously. Edge has over 200 yards rushing and a TD, Peyton hasn't played the entire 4th quarter and here you guys are whining because Peyton has thrown 4 TD's already....Grow up please. Watch football and appreciate the season Manning is having because it is highly unlikely that you will see it again in this lifetime. P.S. I bet if Manning was on anyone of you guys team you wouldn't have half a negative word to say about him.....

If Manning is still in the game in this next drive, then he clearly is thinking about himself over the team.Which is more important, resting and staying healthy in a game that is already decided or staying in and tossing a couple more TDs?
Still waiting for you answer on that above question.ANDI'm pretty certain that its a coaches decision on who plays and who subs out.

If Manning is still in the game in this next drive, then he clearly is thinking about himself over the team.Which is more important, resting and staying healthy in a game that is already decided or staying in and tossing a couple more TDs?
Thank goodness they pulled him to stop the :cry: J
:rotflmao: I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY THEY KEEP THROWING!! DESPITE THE FACT THAT IT'S WORKING AND ALL!! :cry:

I am finally conviced that everybody who is hating on P.Manning is either going against him this week or hating on the fantasy team that has him...you guys sound like a bunch of girls. Seriously. Edge has over 200 yards rushing and a TD, Peyton hasn't played the entire 4th quarter and here you guys are whining because Peyton has thrown 4 TD's already....Grow up please. Watch football and appreciate the season Manning is having because it is highly unlikely that you will see it again in this lifetime.

P.S. I bet if Manning was on anyone of you guys team you wouldn't have half a negative word to say about him.....
I disagree. Just like people do/don't like TO for his mouth, Bush haters/lovers, people are going to take sides on this issue b/c it is a big story this year.Those on Peyton's "side" have yet to say that he's NOT going for the record, only defending that passing inside the 20 is the best chance for the Colts to win.

I am finally conviced that everybody who is hating on P.Manning is either going against him this week or hating on the fantasy team that has him...you guys sound like a bunch of girls. Seriously. Edge has over 200 yards rushing and a TD, Peyton hasn't played the entire 4th quarter and here you guys are whining because Peyton has thrown 4 TD's already....Grow up please. Watch football and appreciate the season Manning is having because it is highly unlikely that you will see it again in this lifetime. P.S. I bet if Manning was on anyone of you guys team you wouldn't have half a negative word to say about him.....
:goodposting:

EHHHHH Wrong answer. Its bush league. Last week against the Texans he was tossing long passes in the 4th up by a boatload of points. I'm not saying he's not effective I just wish the football gods let the ACL fairy visit him.

As the thread starter, I never implied that Manning passing wasn't more effective... he obviously is. However, my original point was that Indy is pounding the CRAP out of Chicago & Edge is greedy also (stats = $$$). Why not make a good faith effort to give Edge some #'s in a game that's well in hand? But nooooooo, he's got to THROW it again on 3rd & goal at the 1... just because the Bears MIGHT come back from 31-3 if Edge gets stuffed at the 1. Pfffft.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bull#### like this is why I'm growing to dislike fantasy football.Guy is in the midst of one of the greatest seasons ever, his team is SMOKING people right now and people actually come here to whine about how selfish he is, how he's just looking out for himself and how they hope he gets hurt to end his season.You people are idiots.

Bull#### like this is why I'm growing to dislike fantasy football.Guy is in the midst of one of the greatest seasons ever, his team is SMOKING people right now and people actually come here to whine about how selfish he is, how he's just looking out for himself and how they hope he gets hurt to end his season.You people are idiots.
Thank you...

All of you "Manning is greedy" nut jobs need to take a one year break from Fantasy football, and actually pay attention to the football aspect of football.

Running backs take a beating in the NFL. They get hit multiple times, every carry. History has shown us VERY CLEARLY that running backs have a much shorter career trajectory than QB or WR. So maybe, just maybe, the Colts are saving James, who they know they need fresh to win a Super Bowl.

For years, people have bi***ed and moaned that Manning laser locked on Harrison. Now that they've developed other weapons, people are bi**&ing and moaning that he's NOT laser locked on Harrison.

Is Preist Holmes "greedy" because he scored all of those TD's the last three years? Faulk from the late 1990's? Emmitt and/or Favre from the mid 1990's? Of COURSE not. The entire purpose of football is to score touchdowns, period. If you have a QB who can throw for 60, throw him for 60. If you have a RB who can score 25-30, run his ####. I see a lot of people who's entire perspective of football has been completely warped by fantasy. :football:
The difference here is that Manning audibles to himself at the goal line.Disappointing.
How do you know this? Can you explain the Colts audible system for me. Perhaps a base audible system from any offense?

Easy there...it's just a discussion about FF.We "idiots" are entitled to our opinion of Manning's intentions.

Edge 17 rushes from the 5 yardline and in resulting in 3 td's

Manning 17 passing attempts from the 5 yardline and in resulting in 11 td's.

I really want to see how you fools answer this one.  Maybe you are the same guys who thought Leaf was the better QB? :lol:
I'm still waiting for this answer as well.
Hi jw,Don't hold your breath on that one. Can't reason with the guys that hate him for producing.

J
JB thowin' down at the General!! Show me some love my man!Look - I can't argue that what Manning has done has not been effective thus far. And obviously you guys have some good stats to back it up. Just remember - there's lies, damn lies, and then there's statistics. I wish I had more time to go back to last week's game and pull up those shamfeul stats of when and where Manning threw the ball, but I'm tied up doing two things at once this afternoon.

My argument is two-fold:

1. Manning is obviously out for the record - at the expense of his teammates and his opponents. He's out for himself - plain and simple. Edge has got to be ticked, and I know his opponents are furious. Both of these are needless when you have games securely in hand.

2. His quest for the record is going to hurt the Colts because teams are already starting to gameplan expecting the pass inside the 10. It's obvious thus far today. It's not what has worked in the past - it's what ill work today. And today, teams will expect the pass. So isn't it better to run?? Do you think Peyton is thinking of this when he is audiblizing at the line of scrimmage?

He'll get the record, but the Colts won't be better off for it. And come January we'll once again see Peyton choke in the big game.
You're way off base. I'll address both of your points:1.At the expense of his teamates? This just in: Resting your RBs for the playoffs helps your team. RBs wear down as the season goes on, QBs do not. Edge is not 'ticked' because they are winning. That is a completely unsubstantiated claim by you. Find me one link or source that says anything about him being upset. Manning is out for the record- AT THE EXPENSE OF HIS OPPONENTS? Well, yeah...what player in the NFL isn't trying to do well at the expense of their opponents? I mean, are there any players who say, "Yeah, I wanna do well, but I also hope that our opponents put up some good numbers too"??

2.If teams start to gameplan the pass inside the 10 and it stops working, then they'll make adjustments. So far they have 11 TDs on 17 passes inside the 5. Thats an amazing success story! Yes, if it stops working and they continue to pass, then I'll give in to your point....However, shouldn't we wait to see what they do when the short passes stop working(if they ever do) before we make this judgment? "Its obvious thus far today"??? Yeah, their offense has really struggled today(note: sarcasm). When teams start to stop more than 1/3 of the passes from being TDs(and right now they can't even stop 1/2 of them), then they'll start to run more. Couldn't it be possible that it just doesn't matter what the defense 'expects', but that Manning is just so good that the red zone passing will always work?

"He'll get the record, but the Colts won't be better off for it. " The Colts aren't even a .500 team without Manning. And his great passing in the red zone is the reason that they are where they are today.

Yes, I agree that Peyton COULD again choke in the big game...that really has nothing to do with this argument though, and the fact that you had to throw that shot in there just shows that you're a Manning hater and looking for a reason to be pissed at him.

I am finally conviced that everybody who is hating on P.Manning is either going against him this week or hating on the fantasy team that has him...you guys sound like a bunch of girls. Seriously. Edge has over 200 yards rushing and a TD, Peyton hasn't played the entire 4th quarter and here you guys are whining because Peyton has thrown 4 TD's already....Grow up please. Watch football and appreciate the season Manning is having because it is highly unlikely that you will see it again in this lifetime.

P.S. I bet if Manning was on anyone of you guys team you wouldn't have half a negative word to say about him.....
I disagree. Just like people do/don't like TO for his mouth, Bush haters/lovers, people are going to take sides on this issue b/c it is a big story this year.Those on Peyton's "side" have yet to say that he's NOT going for the record, only defending that passing inside the 20 is the best chance for the Colts to win.
Every NFL QB is 'going' for the record. I don't understand your point. Because Peyton is actually good enough to challenge it, then thats a knock against him??? What QB wouldn't want the record?

All of you "Manning is greedy" nut jobs need to take a one year break from Fantasy football, and actually pay attention to the football aspect of football.

Running backs take a beating in the NFL. They get hit multiple times, every carry. History has shown us VERY CLEARLY that running backs have a much shorter career trajectory than QB or WR. So maybe, just maybe, the Colts are saving James, who they know they need fresh to win a Super Bowl.

For years, people have bi***ed and moaned that Manning laser locked on Harrison. Now that they've developed other weapons, people are bi**&ing and moaning that he's NOT laser locked on Harrison.

Is Preist Holmes "greedy" because he scored all of those TD's the last three years? Faulk from the late 1990's? Emmitt and/or Favre from the mid 1990's? Of COURSE not. The entire purpose of football is to score touchdowns, period. If you have a QB who can throw for 60, throw him for 60. If you have a RB who can score 25-30, run his ####. I see a lot of people who's entire perspective of football has been completely warped by fantasy. :football:
That might be the biggest piece of c-r-a-p I've heard on this board in a long time. What manning is doing is selfish, greedy, and in my opinion does not make sense from a FOOTBALL standpoint. Frankly it's bad play calling at this point. The offense has become totally predictable inside the 10, and mark my words - it will start o hurt the Colts. Edge is a very safe, reliable bet on 3rd and 1 from the 2. There is no good football argument for throwing it there. And don't give me that garbage about the Pats game last year. That was last year.What's most troubling about it is the effect it's got to be having on Edge's morale. Today's players, and their contracts, are largely measured on touchdowns. That's why Manning is doing what he is doing. And what doesthat say to your workhorse RB?? "OK Edge - you run for 200 yards in between the 10's and then let me get the TD record". And this during a contract year for Edge!! Boy - with teammates like that, who needs enemies.

Not to mention what Manning's opponents are thinking. Throwing on first down with a 4TD lead in the 4th quarter?? He better watch his back. Wait till Houston plays them again this year.

:thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:
Yep can't wait. I'll go out on a limb and predict 5 TD's versus my Home team here. They know they were whipped and are hoping to compete in the next game.

EHHHHH Wrong answer. Its bush league. Last week against the Texans he was tossing long passes in the 4th up by a boatload of points. I'm not saying he's not effective I just wish the football gods let the ACL fairy visit him.
Again, this is off base...Last week, late in the 4th they would run on first and second down and end up in 3rd and long. Then they would throw and try to get the first down- they would throw about 10 yard passes and the Texans wouldn't tackle them and they would run it into the end zone for a 50+ yard pass TD.

Easy there...it's just a discussion about FF.We "idiots" are entitled to our opinion of Manning's intentions.
Manning's intentions are to win football games. If you think otherwise, and you think he's doing it because he's greedy and he wants all the stats.Sorry. They're going with what works, and it's working at an alarming rate. They aren't going to stop doing it to "show Edge red-zone love" (whatever the hell that is) or because some yokels on an internet message board are facing Manning in their FF contest this week.They're destroying teams, and one of the reasons why is because of how amazing they are throwing the ball in the red-zone. End of story. If you think otherwise, then giddy up, because the :11: is waiting.

As the thread starter, I never implied that Manning passing wasn't more effective... if obviously is. However, my original point was that Indy is pounding the CRAP out of Chicago & Edge is greedy also (stats = $$$). Why not make a good faith effort to give Edge some #'s in a game that's well in hand? But nooooooo, he's got to THROW it again on 3rd & goal at the 1... just because the Bears MIGHT come back from 31-3 if Edge gets stuffed at the 1. Pfffft.
Fair enough. Heres my answer to that:In a game that is practically out of reach, you don't mind having your QB throwing an extra pass, but you definitely don't want to have your RB run unneccessary short yardage runs because RBs wear down a lot as the season goes along and since they are a legit super bowl contender, keeping Edge rested is very important to them. This is especially vital since Edge has an injury history.

For anyone who thinks Manning is being greedy, they must not have ever seen Marino play in person, because that's exactly how he was, too. The Dolphins were constantly throwing back then and running up the score. At least Manning does it without constantly whining like a little girl or blaming his teammates whenever things aren't going their way.

Again, this is off base...Last week, late in the 4th they would run on first and second down and end up in 3rd and long. Then they would throw and try to get the first down- they would throw about 10 yard passes and the Texans wouldn't tackle them and they would run it into the end zone for a 50+ yard pass TD.
Fourth Quarter Houston Texans continued... 2-7-IND49 (15:00) D.Carr pass incomplete to C.Bradford. 3-7-IND49 (14:54) (Shotgun) D.Carr pass to D.Davis to IND 39 for 10 yards (C.June, V.Hutchins). 1-10-IND39 (14:27) D.Carr pass incomplete to B.Miller (C.June). 2-10-IND39 (14:21) D.Carr pass to J.Gaffney to IND 17 for 22 yards (V.Hutchins). 1-10-IND17 (13:47) D.Davis up the middle to IND 10 for 7 yards (J.Williams). 2-3-IND10 (13:17) D.Davis up the middle to IND 10 for no gain (C.June, J.Nelson). 3-3-IND10 (12:47) D.Davis up the middle to IND 11 for -1 yards (M.Reagor, D.Freeney). 4-4-IND11 (12:07) D.Carr pass incomplete to J.Gaffney. Indianapolis Colts at 12:02 1-10-IND12 (12:02) P.Manning pass incomplete to M.Harrison. 2-10-IND12 (11:57) P.Manning pass to M.Harrison to IND 25 for 13 yards (G.Earl). 1-10-IND25 (11:21) P.Manning pass to R.Wayne to IND 37 for 12 yards (D.Robinson). 1-10-IND37 (10:44) P.Manning pass intended for M.Pollard INTERCEPTED by A.Peek at HST 48. A.Peek to IND 32 for 20 yards (D.Clark). Houston Texans at 10:31 1-10-IND32 (10:31) D.Carr pass to A.Johnson to IND 27 for 5 yards (N.Harper, V.Hutchins). 2-5-IND27 (9:59) D.Carr pass to B.Miller to IND 21 for 6 yards (J.Nelson). 1-10-IND21 (9:34) D.Carr pass incomplete to D.Armstrong. 2-10-IND21 (9:30) D.Carr pass to D.Davis to IND 14 for 7 yards (J.David, C.June). 3-3-IND14 (9:03) D.Davis left end to IND 10 for 4 yards (J.Nelson). 1-10-IND10 (8:34) D.Carr pass incomplete to D.Armstrong. 2-10-IND10 (8:29) D.Davis left tackle to IND 1 for 9 yards (B.Sanders, C.June). 3-1-IND1 (7:50) D.Davis up the middle for 1 yard, TOUCHDOWN. K.Brown extra point is GOOD, Center-B.Pittman, Holder-C.Stanley. HOU 14 IND 42, Plays: 8 Yards: 32 Possession: 2:44. Houston Texans at 07:47 K.Brown kicks 58 yards from HST 30 to IND 12. D.Rhodes MUFFS catch, touched at IND 12, and recovers at IND 9. D.Rhodes to IND 14 for 5 yards (G.Earl). Indianapolis Colts at 07:42 1-10-IND14 (7:42) E.James up the middle to IND 15 for 1 yard (A.Peek). 2-9-IND15 (6:58) E.James left tackle to IND 17 for 2 yards (G.Earl, R.Smith). 3-7-IND17 (6:24) P.Manning pass to A.Moorehead pushed ob at HST 49 for 34 yards (D.Robinson). Penalty on IND-A.Moorehead, Illegal Shift, declined. Penalty on IND-R.Wayne, Illegal Shift, declined. PENALTY on HST-G.Earl, Unnecessary Roughness, 15 yards, enforced at IND 17 - No Play. 1-10-IND32 (6:24) E.James left end to IND 39 for 7 yards (J.Sharper). 2-3-IND39 (6:24) E.James left end to IND 41 for 2 yards (S.Payne). 3-1-IND41 (4:22) P.Manning pass incomplete to M.Harrison. 4-1-IND41 (4:22) (Punt formation) PENALTY on IND-J.Jefferson, False Start, 5 yards, enforced at IND 41 - No Play. 4-6-IND36 (4:16) H.Smith punts 51 yards to HST 13, Center-J.Snow. J.Moses to HST 26 for 13 yards (J.Snow). Houston Texans at 04:05 1-10-HOU26 (4:05) D.Carr pushed ob at HST 32 for 6 yards (R.Brock). 2-4-HOU32 (3:58) D.Carr pass to D.Davis to HST 40 for 8 yards (R.Brock, J.Nelson). 1-10-HOU40 (3:29) D.Davis left tackle to HST 41 for 1 yard (M.Reagor). 2-9-HOU41 (3:07) D.Carr pass incomplete to J.Gaffney. 3-9-HOU41 (3:04) (Shotgun) D.Carr pass to C.Bradford to IND 40 for 19 yards (I.Bashir, B.Sanders). 1-10-IND40 (2:35) J.Wells up the middle to IND 33 for 7 yards (B.Sanders). PENALTY on HST-B.Miller, Offensive Holding, 10 yards, enforced at IND 33. 1-13-IND43 (2:33) D.Carr pass to J.Wells pushed ob at IND 44 for -1 yards (N.Harper). 2-14-IND44 (2:27) D.Carr pass incomplete to A.Johnson. 3-14-IND44 (2:22) (Shotgun) D.Carr pass to D.Davis to IND 33 for 11 yards (C.June, R.Diem). 4-3-IND33 (2:00) D.Carr left end pushed ob at IND 30 for 3 yards (C.June). 1-10-IND30 (1:53) D.Carr pass incomplete to M.Bruener. 2-10-IND30 (1:47) D.Carr pass intended for A.Johnson INTERCEPTED by V.Hutchins at IND 23. V.Hutchins for 77 yards, TOUCHDOWN. PENALTY on IND-B.Sanders, Taunting, 15 yards, enforced between downs. Indianapolis Colts at 01:35 M.Vanderjagt extra point is GOOD, Center-J.Snow, Holder-H.Smith. HOU 14 IND 49 Indianapolis Colts at 01:35 J.Baker kicks 45 yards from IND 15 to HST 40, out of bounds. Houston Texans at 01:35 1-10-IND45 (1:35) D.Davis left tackle to IND 41 for 4 yards (B.Sanders). PENALTY on HST-C.Pitts, Unnecessary Roughness, 15 yards, enforced at IND 41. 2-21-HOU44 (1:24) D.Davis up the middle to HST 47 for 3 yards (D.Thornton, B.Sanders). 3-18-HOU47 :-)44) D.Davis up the middle to IND 44 for 9 yards (B.Sanders).Even in the 3rd quarter up 35 - 0 and 35 - 7 he's throwing out of the shotgun. Its not college ball where you need to run up the score .

Those on Peyton's "side" have yet to say that he's NOT going for the record, only defending that passing inside the 20 is the best chance for the Colts to win.
This confuses me. I'm not an expert, but I'm pretty sure the goal in football is to score points, so wouldn't it make sense that players on the offense all want to score as many points as possible?Or do you think some QB's would rather not score so much?

Those on Peyton's "side" have yet to say that he's NOT going for the record, only defending that passing inside the 20 is the best chance for the Colts to win.
This confuses me. I'm not an expert, but I'm pretty sure the goal in football is to score points, so wouldn't it make sense that players on the offense all want to score as many points as possible?Or do you think some QB's would rather not score so much?
Babydemon90 is a ####ing cheater but I do agree with his point. Manning is doing what is best for his team which is scoring points.

Manning's intentions are to win football games. If you think otherwise, and you think he's doing it because he's greedy and he wants all the stats.Sorry. They're going with what works, and it's working at an alarming rate. They aren't going to stop doing it to "show Edge red-zone love" (whatever the hell that is) or because some yokels on an internet message board are facing Manning in their FF contest this week.They're destroying teams, and one of the reasons why is because of how amazing they are throwing the ball in the red-zone. End of story. If you think otherwise, then giddy up, because the :11: is waiting.
Buddy, you need to slow with those insults. It's uncalled for an makes you sound like you're taking FF a bit too seriously.An idiot is someone who isn't open to another's opinion, simply lowering themself to calling someone a name rather than listening.Please put me on your ignore list, I'd rather not disuss anything with someone like you.

Fourth Quarter Houston Texans continued... 2-7-IND49 (15:00) D.Carr pass incomplete to C.Bradford. 3-7-IND49 (14:54) (Shotgun) D.Carr pass to D.Davis to IND 39 for 10 yards (C.June, V.Hutchins). 1-10-IND39 (14:27) D.Carr pass incomplete to B.Miller (C.June). 2-10-IND39 (14:21) D.Carr pass to J.Gaffney to IND 17 for 22 yards (V.Hutchins). 1-10-IND17 (13:47) D.Davis up the middle to IND 10 for 7 yards (J.Williams). 2-3-IND10 (13:17) D.Davis up the middle to IND 10 for no gain (C.June, J.Nelson). 3-3-IND10 (12:47) D.Davis up the middle to IND 11 for -1 yards (M.Reagor, D.Freeney). 4-4-IND11 (12:07) D.Carr pass incomplete to J.Gaffney. Indianapolis Colts at 12:02 1-10-IND12 (12:02) P.Manning pass incomplete to M.Harrison. 2-10-IND12 (11:57) P.Manning pass to M.Harrison to IND 25 for 13 yards (G.Earl). 1-10-IND25 (11:21) P.Manning pass to R.Wayne to IND 37 for 12 yards (D.Robinson). 1-10-IND37 (10:44) P.Manning pass intended for M.Pollard INTERCEPTED by A.Peek at HST 48. A.Peek to IND 32 for 20 yards (D.Clark). Houston Texans at 10:31 1-10-IND32 (10:31) D.Carr pass to A.Johnson to IND 27 for 5 yards (N.Harper, V.Hutchins). 2-5-IND27 (9:59) D.Carr pass to B.Miller to IND 21 for 6 yards (J.Nelson). 1-10-IND21 (9:34) D.Carr pass incomplete to D.Armstrong. 2-10-IND21 (9:30) D.Carr pass to D.Davis to IND 14 for 7 yards (J.David, C.June). 3-3-IND14 (9:03) D.Davis left end to IND 10 for 4 yards (J.Nelson). 1-10-IND10 (8:34) D.Carr pass incomplete to D.Armstrong. 2-10-IND10 (8:29) D.Davis left tackle to IND 1 for 9 yards (B.Sanders, C.June). 3-1-IND1 (7:50) D.Davis up the middle for 1 yard, TOUCHDOWN. K.Brown extra point is GOOD, Center-B.Pittman, Holder-C.Stanley. HOU 14 IND 42, Plays: 8 Yards: 32 Possession: 2:44. Houston Texans at 07:47 K.Brown kicks 58 yards from HST 30 to IND 12. D.Rhodes MUFFS catch, touched at IND 12, and recovers at IND 9. D.Rhodes to IND 14 for 5 yards (G.Earl). Indianapolis Colts at 07:42 1-10-IND14 (7:42) E.James up the middle to IND 15 for 1 yard (A.Peek). 2-9-IND15 (6:58) E.James left tackle to IND 17 for 2 yards (G.Earl, R.Smith). 3-7-IND17 (6:24) P.Manning pass to A.Moorehead pushed ob at HST 49 for 34 yards (D.Robinson). Penalty on IND-A.Moorehead, Illegal Shift, declined. Penalty on IND-R.Wayne, Illegal Shift, declined. PENALTY on HST-G.Earl, Unnecessary Roughness, 15 yards, enforced at IND 17 - No Play. 1-10-IND32 (6:24) E.James left end to IND 39 for 7 yards (J.Sharper). 2-3-IND39 (6:24) E.James left end to IND 41 for 2 yards (S.Payne). 3-1-IND41 (4:22) P.Manning pass incomplete to M.Harrison. 4-1-IND41 (4:22) (Punt formation) PENALTY on IND-J.Jefferson, False Start, 5 yards, enforced at IND 41 - No Play. 4-6-IND36 (4:16) H.Smith punts 51 yards to HST 13, Center-J.Snow. J.Moses to HST 26 for 13 yards (J.Snow). Houston Texans at 04:05 1-10-HOU26 (4:05) D.Carr pushed ob at HST 32 for 6 yards (R.Brock). 2-4-HOU32 (3:58) D.Carr pass to D.Davis to HST 40 for 8 yards (R.Brock, J.Nelson). 1-10-HOU40 (3:29) D.Davis left tackle to HST 41 for 1 yard (M.Reagor). 2-9-HOU41 (3:07) D.Carr pass incomplete to J.Gaffney. 3-9-HOU41 (3:04) (Shotgun) D.Carr pass to C.Bradford to IND 40 for 19 yards (I.Bashir, B.Sanders). 1-10-IND40 (2:35) J.Wells up the middle to IND 33 for 7 yards (B.Sanders). PENALTY on HST-B.Miller, Offensive Holding, 10 yards, enforced at IND 33. 1-13-IND43 (2:33) D.Carr pass to J.Wells pushed ob at IND 44 for -1 yards (N.Harper). 2-14-IND44 (2:27) D.Carr pass incomplete to A.Johnson. 3-14-IND44 (2:22) (Shotgun) D.Carr pass to D.Davis to IND 33 for 11 yards (C.June, R.Diem). 4-3-IND33 (2:00) D.Carr left end pushed ob at IND 30 for 3 yards (C.June). 1-10-IND30 (1:53) D.Carr pass incomplete to M.Bruener. 2-10-IND30 (1:47) D.Carr pass intended for A.Johnson INTERCEPTED by V.Hutchins at IND 23. V.Hutchins for 77 yards, TOUCHDOWN. PENALTY on IND-B.Sanders, Taunting, 15 yards, enforced between downs. Indianapolis Colts at 01:35 M.Vanderjagt extra point is GOOD, Center-J.Snow, Holder-H.Smith. HOU 14 IND 49 Indianapolis Colts at 01:35 J.Baker kicks 45 yards from IND 15 to HST 40, out of bounds. Houston Texans at 01:35 1-10-IND45 (1:35) D.Davis left tackle to IND 41 for 4 yards (B.Sanders). PENALTY on HST-C.Pitts, Unnecessary Roughness, 15 yards, enforced at IND 41. 2-21-HOU44 (1:24) D.Davis up the middle to HST 47 for 3 yards (D.Thornton, B.Sanders). 3-18-HOU47 :-)44) D.Davis up the middle to IND 44 for 9 yards (B.Sanders).Even in the 3rd quarter up 35 - 0 and 35 - 7 he's throwing out of the shotgun. Its not college ball where you need to run up the score .
You have a problem with a team running from the shot gun in the 3rd quarter? Come on...I thought you were talking about with 5:00 left in the game. Anything before 5:00 left in the game is fine by me- Remember the Indy/ TB MNF game? Anything can happen; You can't let up, especially not as early as the 3rd quarter.

Buddy, you need to slow with those insults. It's uncalled for an makes you sound like you're taking FF a bit too seriously.An idiot is someone who isn't open to another's opinion, simply lowering themself to calling someone a name rather than listening.Please put me on your ignore list, I'd rather not disuss anything with someone like you.
Thats just Capella. SOMETIMES, hes not a very nice person :)

Take FF seriously? :rotflmao: I play in one league and don't even have Manning. I just think everybody crying over him playing so well and thinking he's doing it for the record is idiotic.And I wish we had an ignore list here. :(

Can I add you to my ignore list? :D

You don't have him on your ignore list already? :confused:

You have a problem with a team running from the shot gun in the 3rd quarter? Come on...I thought you were talking about with 5:00 left in the game. Anything before 5:00 left in the game is fine by me- Remember the Indy/ TB MNF game? Anything can happen; You can't let up, especially not as early as the 3rd quarter.
To a degree but my main problem is with him throwing in the 4th when the objective should be to run down the clock and get your team out of there with a big win and no injuries. That smacks of arrogance and a selfishness to break a record. I am fairly confident that if Manning or any other vital Colt on O was injured last week late in the game every person who is defending Manning in this thread would be screaming to the heavens that he shouldn't have been there and he shouldn't have been throwing..

You don't have him on your ignore list already? :confused:
No room, after I filled it up with all the JoeT alia and Melvin T. Janitor.

To a degree but my main problem is with him throwing in the 4th when the objective should be to run down the clock and get your team out of there with a big win and no injuries. That smacks of arrogance and a selfishness to break a record. I am fairly confident that if Manning or any other vital Colt on O was injured last week late in the game every person who is defending Manning in this thread would be screaming to the heavens that he shouldn't have been there and he shouldn't have been throwing..
I'll agree with you on that point. But I'm pretty sure that the Coach controls who is in the game, not Manning, so you can't put that on him.

Cut him some slack - he's a Yankee fan. They have a right to be a little edgy these days. :D

So what if he gets the record? Manning is having a great year - the Colts are winning playing the way they are. Having a lead helps the Def as well, and the bigger the lead, the easier job the Def has.

I personally don't like Manning, but I still give him his props - he is one of the best QBs in the league. I don't think Harrison or Edge are complaining about winning. They may ask for more plays, but what star player doesn't want the ball more? They appreciate that what the Colts are doing is working, and aren't going to upset that to pad their stats.

And, BTW, coaches frequently will help their players get a record if it looks like they can and in doing it helps the team win.

So, go Manning, and I hope Culpepper can come back with some great games to challenge you and Marino for the record.

Mike

Cut him some slack - he's a Yankee fan. They have a right to be a little edgy these days. :D
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: ME a Yankee fan?You obviously have me confused. I wouldn't root for the Yankees if they were playing Satan.

Cappy is a Yankee fan? :confused:

Don't disagree.I called out Manning throwing long late in the game as bush league in the Random Shots.I think lots of people thought that.What's different here is the people blubbering and saying ultra lame stuff like hoping Manning blows a knee out or just plain hatred for the guy for whatever reason they can come up with.J

Cappy is a Yankee fan? :confused:
:no: It's not everyday the Devil Rays get confused with the Yankees. :unsure:

To a degree but my main problem is with him throwing in the 4th when the objective should be to run down the clock and get your team out of there with a big win and no injuries.  That smacks of arrogance and a selfishness to break a record.    I am fairly confident that if Manning or any other vital Colt on O was injured last week late in the game every person who is defending Manning in this thread would be screaming to the heavens that he shouldn't have been there and he shouldn't have been throwing..
Don't disagree.I called out Manning throwing long late in the game as bush league in the Random Shots.I think lots of people thought that.What's different here is the people blubbering and saying ultra lame stuff like hoping Manning blows a knee out or just plain hatred for the guy for whatever reason they can come up with.J
Is wishing a busted knee on a player the mature thing to do? No of course not. In hindsight, my statement was made in the same haste in which people scream " I could kill that guy" when someone cuts them off in traffic. I'll amend it by saying that I just hope that if the football gods feel Manning is stepping over the line they pay him back in whatever way they feel the most effective. I have no personal stake in whether Manning breaks the record. I don't own him or Edge and I've beaten the two teams in my leagues that own Manning. I understand why Edge owners get ticked because most people who are griping feel Manning gets to make his own audibles at the LOS. By calling his own number he freezes out Edge in what should be a running situation.

What's different here is the people blubbering and saying ultra lame stuff like hoping Manning blows a knee out or just plain hatred for the guy for whatever reason they can come up with.J
I'm cool with all of the other stuff but wishing a guy gets hurt due to his success sucks, unless it's Joe Thiesmann

Did you see the Manning MasterCard commercial. "Hey I have you on my fantasy team! You're the best worker on my team! Hi five! Oh, I'll never wash this hand again!" I love it. He's just lighting up the score board, I for one, hope he keeps it going. I'd love to see him break all of Marino's records.

To a degree but my main problem is with him throwing in the 4th when the objective should be to run down the clock and get your team out of there with a big win and no injuries.  That smacks of arrogance and a selfishness to break a record.    I am fairly confident that if Manning or any other vital Colt on O was injured last week late in the game every person who is defending Manning in this thread would be screaming to the heavens that he shouldn't have been there and he shouldn't have been throwing..
Is wishing a busted knee on a player the mature thing to do? No of course not. In hindsight, my statement was made in the same haste in which people scream " I could kill that guy" when someone cuts them off in traffic. I'll amend it by saying that I just hope that if the football gods feel Manning is stepping over the line they pay him back in whatever way they feel the most effective. I have no personal stake in whether Manning breaks the record. I don't own him or Edge and I've beaten the two teams in my leagues that own Manning. I understand why Edge owners get ticked because most people who are griping feel Manning gets to make his own audibles at the LOS. By calling his own number he freezes out Edge in what should be a running situation.
Thanks. I think we all pretty much see how it is.I commented on it and that it made your other posts more clear. You had time to think about it and then still came back with a "thank you".Sorry, don't buy the "haste" thing.But that's ok. Board is made up of all different kind of folks.J

Running down the clock is one way to protect a lead. But its not the only way. Another way is to make the lead bigger. That may work better for the Colts.As for avoiding injuries - is running your feature back in to the line over and over letting his messed up knee get pounded the best way to do that? I don't know. Passing might be safer.Another thing - some of your best practice in the NFL comes from real game situations. Manning is a real student of the game. It may be very beneficial to him to play around and try new plays against live competition. He shouldn't be denied that chance just cause the other team sucks.The Colts are a unique team, perhaps the best passing team in NFL history. What makes sense for everyone else may not make sense for them.

You know, Manning just can't win with some people.Ridiculously, he gets blamed for not "winning the big game" like Brady. However, when he leads his team to boatloads of touchdowns and makes the play of the Colts defense irrelevant, he is derided for being "greedy". This entire thread is a joke.

This entire thread is a joke.
I agree...Peyton's paycheck, record, stats, and endorsements are anything but funny though. That certainly seems to piss some haters off! :D When he wins the Superbowl, they'll find other reasons to hate him... :confused:Maybe IF he ran into the stands and beat up a couple of overweight kids, then this could help his street cred... :wall:

I must say Manning is the one player in the NFL that I hope gets a season ending knee injury.......
You are a complete *****.

I can see this coming a mile away. When the Colts lose in the playoffs(and they will because their defense stinks), all the Manning bashers will blame him. Some of the crying in this thread is almost comical. Favre threw countless touchdown in his MVP seasons from inside the 5 and I didn't hear anyone complaining then.

Another thing - some of your best practice in the NFL comes from real game situations. Manning is a real student of the game. It may be very beneficial to him to play around and try new plays against live competition. He shouldn't be denied that chance just cause the other team sucks.
:goodposting:

I think Manning wants the record. The Colts better learn how to score on the ground if they want to win in the playoffs. Manning may break the record, but they cannot make it through the playoffs. I am sure James and Harrison will look at their # of TD's and wonder if they want to come back to a team that has a QB that is worried about throwing for TD record?

Users who are viewing this thread