What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

AMA: drinking alone at a dive bar in Tbilisi, Georgia (1 Viewer)

The giggling. Drives me ape****.
i think i've seen every episode of that show, sometimes three or four times over.... i will admit that is annoying sometimes.

enjoy your trip, i can't wait to be able to take my kids on trips like that

edit - why'd the kid pick georgia? pretty random location

Last edited by a moderator:
i think i've seen every episode of that show, sometimes three or four times over.... i will admit that is annoying sometimes.

enjoy your trip, i can't wait to be able to take my kids on trips like that
Highly recommend it. Tough to stay close to teens. He's mainly monosyllabic till after lunch, but turns chatty after that. Learned a lot.

One of Georgia’s most popular singers was stabbed in Tbilisi Monday evening. Two girls are suspected of carrying out the crime.

Irakli “Picasso” Nozadze of the popular quartet Street Boys is in a critical condition after being stabbed in the chest.

The singer has lost a large amount of blood. After undergoing surgery his condition is more stable, but remains very serious, a doctor at the hospital said.

Witnesses say Nozadze was asked to come out from his flat by two girls. He went down to the street and entered a Mini Cooper which the girls were in. Soon afterward, he came out the car bleeding and calling for help. The girls left the scene. Their identities are not known.
Have you heard about this?!

in case you missed my edit ... why'd your kid pick georgia?  seems pretty random.......
Since his mom couldn't go this summer, he wanted somewhere she would probably would never want to go. We love hiking, so hitting the Caucuses on Friday. And he's learning Russian, so picked Ukraine, Georgia, and Azerbaijan.

Since his mom couldn't go this summer, he wanted somewhere she would probably would never want to go. We love hiking, so hitting the Caucuses on Friday. And he's learning Russian, so picked Ukraine, Georgia, and Azerbaijan.
Wait...so you ARE one of the annoying backpackers then?  Getting mixed messages here... :lmao:

My wife seems to have some odd fascination with wanting to go there (Georgia in general).  Says it looks beautiful in pictures/videos.  I've never really been sure why, but that part of the world seems to be on her bucket list.  Your thoughts thus far?

My wife seems to have some odd fascination with wanting to go there (Georgia in general).  Says it looks beautiful in pictures/videos.  I've never really been sure why, but that part of the world seems to be on her bucket list.  Your thoughts thus far?
Really like it. Definitely feels young, and up-and-coming, at least in Tbilisi. Definitely an artsy vibe. Great food. Cheap.

Mountains look great, but will know more this weekend.

Steve Tasker said:
Your thoughts thus far?
I'll add:

Kyiv: glad i went. Feel no need to return.

Baku: really surprised. Not to get political, but visiting a secular islamic country where all kinds seemed to interact without much judgment was a great experience.

Tbilisi - wish my wife was here. She would love it.

any hot women or hookers?
Can't believe it took this long to ask. Plenty of alterna-hot in Tbilisi, which is just my type. If you like thin, dark hair, and stylish.

Lots of hookers in the the pubs in Baku. Talked to a few because they were the only ones in the place who could speak english.

Kyiv had the traditional  hotties. Head turners in short skirts and dresses. Yet the dudes all wore jorts. Felt like i was back in Gainesville.

Can't believe it took this long to ask. Plenty of alterna-hot in Tbilisi, which is just my type. If you like thin, dark hair, and stylish.

Lots of hookers in the the pubs in Baku. Talked to a few because they were the only ones in the place who could speak english.

Kyiv had the traditional  hotties. Head turners in short skirts and dresses. Yet the dudes all wore jorts. Felt like i was back in Gainesville.
I was mostly just concerned about in the bar you are in....figured you might be able to use the little kitty cat to "strike up a conversation"....we could lead you along like you had an earpiece....

I was mostly just concerned about in the bar you are in....figured you might be able to use the little kitty cat to "strike up a conversation"....we could lead you along like you had an earpiece....
Kitty has moved on. Dudes outnumber women 3 to 1. Though i could have used an FFA cyrano de bergerac at many points in my life.

I'll add:

Kyiv: glad i went. Feel no need to return.

Baku: really surprised. Not to get political, but visiting a secular islamic country where all kinds seemed to interact without much judgment was a great experience.

Tbilisi - wish my wife was here. She would love it.
We ran the gamut on a trip to Turkey a few years ago, ranging from the "western metropolis" vibe of Istanbul, to the touristy Mediterranean coast, and the conservative central/eastern part of the country not far from Syria.  It's certainly a unique experience; I'm sure Baku was similar to Istanbul based on what you've described here.

Sounds like a great trip.  Are you going anywhere else after Tbilisi?

We ran the gamut on a trip to Turkey a few years ago, ranging from the "western metropolis" vibe of Istanbul, to the touristy Mediterranean coast, and the conservative central/eastern part of the country not far from Syria.  It's certainly a unique experience; I'm sure Baku was similar to Istanbul based on what you've described here.

Sounds like a great trip.  Are you going anywhere else after Tbilisi?
Haven't been to Turkey - missed our window before Erdogan started to tighten the reins. In fact, lots of arabs and iranians go to baku instead of turkey now. Felt very cosmopolitan.

Going to the mountains in georgia for 4 days, then stopover in Berlin (my favorite city) for 4 more days before heading home.

Users who are viewing this thread