What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Amendola Trade Value Now (1 Viewer)

Loomba

Footballguy
With Amendola seemingly landing in the best situation a WR could in free agency, what are Amendola owners seeing as offers or now expecting to get for him in trades, either in redraft, dynasty or PPR leagues?

He wasn't worth a lot before his signing yesterday, but should warrant a lot more today. Injury risk of course...

:blackdot: I just put him on my trade bait this morning. I will report back if I get any offers...... Just a guess, but knowing my league if I get any offers they will be 2nd round rookie picks.

Edit to add: NON-PPR League.

Last edited by a moderator:
With Amendola seemingly landing in the best situation a WR could in free agency, what are Amendola owners seeing as offers or now expecting to get for him in trades, either in redraft, dynasty or PPR leagues?

He wasn't worth a lot before his signing yesterday, but should warrant a lot more today. Injury risk of course...
If we are comparing his value as the #1 passing option in STL to that of the #3 (behind Gronk and Hernandez) with the NE, I feel the value is roughly the same (with a slight bump to NE due to Brady). The issue is if the guy can suit up week to week. He certainly has not proven it over the last two years (playing 12 games over the period). Fantasy owners don't win their leagues with their starters in the training room. If I paid up for him, my priority would be to get his backup at all costs as it is the position that holds the value.

If we are comparing his value as the #1 passing option in STL to that of the #3 (behind Gronk and Hernandez) with the NE, I feel the value is roughly the same (with a slight bump to NE due to Brady). The issue is if the guy can suit up week to week. He certainly has not proven it over the last two years (playing 12 games over the period). Fantasy owners don't win their leagues with their starters in the training room. If I paid up for him, my priority would be to get his backup at all costs as it is the position that holds the value.
Agree that health is key for him....but disagree on value of team. I would much rather have him in NE than St.Louis. No one wanted to touch him until he signed in NE...now I am getting immediate interest.

Right now, given his injury history, a late first (11/12) or high second seems about right to me. His owners probably won't sell for that, though.

YES!!! i just realized i stashed amendola on my bench and will be a 12th round keeper

booya

This is just my speculation--because we have to remember that the free agent market is still open and active. Also, the draft hasn't even occurred yet. My opinion is that right now is probably a very good time to sell Amendola high if you own him. Being in New England doesn't guarantee that he will be elite--look at what Brandon Lloyd was projected to do last year. If there are people in your league that assume that Amendola will immediately have "welker" value--I'd sell. In my opinion--the absolute best case scenario would be if Amendola became a highly injury prone version of Welker--which would make him a low end WR2 or high end WR3 with upside. I compare it to the Pierre Garcon syndrome--- the dude has the ability to put up great numbers--but no experienced fantasy owner would rely on Garcon as their WR1/high end WR2 just because of his tendency not to be on the field. The Pats could get more WR's via trade, free agency, drafts..etc.., so in my opinion, if I owned him in a league-- I'd put him on the block. In redraft leagues--non ppr--I personally wouldn't draft him anywhere ahead of the 5th round, and in ppr leagues, I wouldn't look at him until the 4th round--and I'd still be weary of that. I could very well end up being wrong but I don't like to roll the dice on my early round picks--and I view Amendola as being a risky guy to own at this very moment. His value could change for the worst in a heartbeat.

Cheap ### New England invest some real money in him. I'd expect him to fill that same role seller had. Not saying he's a lock for 120 catches or anything but he'll get a large amount of targets. I'd expect his value to continue to creep up until people realize he will be in that role. Buy now while he's still reasonably priced

Right now, given his injury history, a late first (11/12) or high second seems about right to me. His owners probably won't sell for that, though.
As an Amendola owner, I think I would be insulted if offered that.

FWIW I was offered Sidney Rice and a 2014 1st right after the FA signing.

I will probably turn it down as I like Amendola as a very nice flex option in this league, 12 team PPR.

I have been offered Eric Decker for him in a PPR league, which is interesting given Welker in Denver now diminishes Decker's value somewhat. Would have been a no brainer previously but not so sure now...

"insulted" at a late first would imply you think he's worth a lot more than that.So what do you think is he worth?
At this point in time, I wouldn't take less than a 1.04 and I am not even sure I would do that. I think he will be gold in PPR leagues - providing he can stay healthy (which is not a concern to me as I have yet to see any proof that there is such a thing as being injury prone).

In a non-ppr dynasty league I'd take any 1st rounder for him.
Agree, I'd take any future 1st for him if I had any depth at wr.It's amendola people, not Calvin Johnson.
Ppr and non-ppr almost need separate threads on this question.
:goodposting: I have him in a PPR dynasty where I am stacked at WR (Calvin, Marshall, Dez, S.Johnson, Amendola, T.Y. Hilton). I see no reason to trade him for a single draft pick. I would consider a top 3 pick this year (and obviously take 1.01), but I just don't like the prospects this year enough to trade a strong Brady target for one of them.What do you get with a late first? A player that has a less than 50% chance of being valuable, and probably not for 2-3 years after you draft him. Look at last year's draft, generally considered as better than this one... Richardson, Martin, Wilson, Blackmon, Griffin, and Luck... then Floyd, Wright, Quick, Jeffrey, Fleener, Pead, L.Miller, Hillman, et al. I like Miller, but would not trade Amendola for him until after I know Miami is not signing or drafting a good RB. Some may cite talent and prefer one of the other WRs, but I see no clear path to fantasy success for those guys. Alfred Morris went much later unless you drafted close to the season.There are players I like in this draft, but not enough to trade NE's slot WR that they just uncharacteristically paid real money to for. I would be amazed if anybody actually did in PPR.If I am trading Amendola in a ppr, it is either for a starter in a position of need or as part of a package for an upgrade. I do think Amendola's talent is underappreciated, and I think New England is a great spot for him. I don't think he is as good as Welker in the Welker role, but he is good enough to thrive. I would put the over/under for receptions at around 90.

"insulted" at a late first would imply you think he's worth a lot more than that.So what do you think is he worth?
As a non Amendola owner, the most I would offer is a late first--1.10 or later. For you to take offense is pretty sensitive. It isn't like he is a proven stud and he has consistently had health issues. If you can't stay healthy, it can sink a promising career.

He went at the 8.04 in a recent start-up .... I could see taking him in the 7th or high 6th right now maybe. I see Hernandez getting the benefit more than Amendola going crazy. That said, I think he has a lot of talent and the ceiling is high.

Welker went at 5.04 in a recent pre-free agency startup. Amendola has an injury history, but is five years younger. I could see him going in the 5th.

I don't think he holds nearly as much value as some are saying they would ask, in dynasty at least.

-He can't stay healthy.

-That position on the field was clearly being diminished by the Pats last year up until the point that Hernandez got hurt.

-It's a 2 year deal and its the Patriot's, meaning you may be buying a one year player (who has never stayed healthy).

-The draft has not occurred yet. The Patriots can still make a lot of changes.

-Less than a year ago, Lloyd came over and everybody made the connections and said this guy was a lock for a top 10-15 season. We saw that relaity often interferes with the ideas in the heads of fantasy owners.

All in all, I'd rather be a seller than a buyer right now because I think the better value is there.

I don't think he holds nearly as much value as some are saying they would ask, in dynasty at least.-He can't stay healthy.-That position on the field was clearly being diminished by the Pats last year up until the point that Hernandez got hurt.-It's a 2 year deal and its the Patriot's, meaning you may be buying a one year player (who has never stayed healthy).-The draft has not occurred yet. The Patriots can still make a lot of changes.-Less than a year ago, Lloyd came over and everybody made the connections and said this guy was a lock for a top 10-15 season. We saw that relaity often interferes with the ideas in the heads of fantasy owners.All in all, I'd rather be a seller than a buyer right now because I think the better value is there.
It's not a 2 yr deal.

My offer of 1.8, 2014 1st (mid-late ) and Stephen Hill was promptly rejected with a not even close if that helps.

Umm, his value is NOT the same. It's like 5x what it was

'gianmarco said:
'Shutout said:
I don't think he holds nearly as much value as some are saying they would ask, in dynasty at least.-He can't stay healthy.-That position on the field was clearly being diminished by the Pats last year up until the point that Hernandez got hurt.-It's a 2 year deal and its the Patriot's, meaning you may be buying a one year player (who has never stayed healthy).-The draft has not occurred yet. The Patriots can still make a lot of changes.-Less than a year ago, Lloyd came over and everybody made the connections and said this guy was a lock for a top 10-15 season. We saw that relaity often interferes with the ideas in the heads of fantasy owners.All in all, I'd rather be a seller than a buyer right now because I think the better value is there.
It's not a 2 yr deal.
I don't know the details beyond 5 years, 31 mil, with 10 guaranteed.How that ten mil is spread out is the key. The rest is meaningless. I think that's what he was getting at.

'Loomba said:
I have been offered Eric Decker for him in a PPR league, which is interesting given Welker in Denver now diminishes Decker's value somewhat. Would have been a no brainer previously but not so sure now...
its still a no brainer

'az_prof said:
'jwb said:
'rude classless thugs said:
'jwb said:
As a non Amendola owner, the most I would offer is a late first--1.10 or later. For you to take offense is pretty sensitive. It isn't like he is a proven stud and he has consistently had health issues. If you can't stay healthy, it can sink a promising career.
Because pick 10 is sooooooooo valuable.I would be insulted if offered pick 10, not even because it is a bad offer, but because it is a bad offer directly after that player ends up in a dream spot, and it's almost like you are thinking I am too stupid to have heard the news he went to New England, hoping I still thought he was in St Louis.

'HAM said:
My offer of 1.8, 2014 1st (mid-late ) and Stephen Hill was promptly rejected with a not even close if that helps.
Thats a bit silly to say not close. I have a feeling when he shops him around he will realize that was about what he will get.

'HAM said:
Thats a bit silly to say not close. I have a feeling when he shops him around he will realize that was about what he will get.
He does know that I am a huge pats fan and probably was looking for max value.. But I can't go much further than that.

What this comes down to is the always present fantasy dynamic of potential/projected value and hype versus actual proven value. In my opinion--a great fantasy owner maximizes their chances of winning by seeing through "smokescreens" and turning potential/hyped value into actual value. The fact of the matter is that the ONLY value that Amendola has now is hyped value. There is no guarantee that he will be a good fit for New Englands system, there is no guarantee that he can or will stay healthy, there is no guarantee that New England won't draft or trade for any more Wr's, and there is no guarantee that New England might want to put an even heavier emphasis on their running game this year. For anybody to be "offended" by any offer for Amendola is ridiculous--as nobody can guarantee that he will have ANY value. I've played in a lot of fantasy leagues--and I can assure you that most people who overpay for hype end up losing--and the owners who capitalize on hype are the ones that end up winning. I'm not saying that Amendola can or will be a bust--but if own him and have the opportunity to interchange him with a proven commodity, I would recommend giving it some major thought.

What this comes down to is the always present fantasy dynamic of potential/projected value and hype versus actual proven value. In my opinion--a great fantasy owner maximizes their chances of winning by seeing through "smokescreens" and turning potential/hyped value into actual value. The fact of the matter is that the ONLY value that Amendola has now is hyped value. There is no guarantee that he will be a good fit for New Englands system, there is no guarantee that he can or will stay healthy, there is no guarantee that New England won't draft or trade for any more Wr's, and there is no guarantee that New England might want to put an even heavier emphasis on their running game this year. For anybody to be "offended" by any offer for Amendola is ridiculous--as nobody can guarantee that he will have ANY value. I've played in a lot of fantasy leagues--and I can assure you that most people who overpay for hype end up losing--and the owners who capitalize on hype are the ones that end up winning. I'm not saying that Amendola can or will be a bust--but if own him and have the opportunity to interchange him with a proven commodity, I would recommend giving it some major thought.
I'll give you Burleson for him.

I'll give you Burleson for him.
I'd say no--but if you read the above posters--there were people getting insulted about getting offered first round picks for him. Burleson is far from that.

'HAM said:
He does know that I am a huge pats fan and probably was looking for max value.. But I can't go much further than that.
That's way too much anyway.

'gianmarco said:
'Shutout said:
It's not a 2 yr deal.
I don't know the details beyond 5 years, 31 mil, with 10 guaranteed.How that ten mil is spread out is the key. The rest is meaningless. I think that's what he was getting at.
Doesn't matter. He's saying it's a 2 year deal. It is NOT a 2 year deal. On top of that, he's saying it could only be a 1 year player, so already shortening the contract for some arbitrary reason and then shortening it more on top of that. Maybe he's thinking of Welker's 2 year deal. Either way, it is a 5 year deal and that's a substantial difference than saying it's a 2 year deal.

'az_prof said:
'jwb said:
'jwb said:
Because pick 10 is sooooooooo valuable.I would be insulted if offered pick 10, not even because it is a bad offer, but because it is a bad offer directly after that player ends up in a dream spot, and it's almost like you are thinking I am too stupid to have heard the news he went to New England, hoping I still thought he was in St Louis.
It's not a "bad offer". Sorry, but it's not.I'm not saying you have to agree with the value, mind you - someone got 1.1 for him (that's just nuts, but whatever). But getting insulted by any first round pick for Danny Amendola is silly.

'gianmarco said:
'Shutout said:
It's not a 2 yr deal.
Doesn't matter. He's saying it's a 2 year deal. It is NOT a 2 year deal. On top of that, he's saying it could only be a 1 year player, so already shortening the contract for some arbitrary reason and then shortening it more on top of that. Maybe he's thinking of Welker's 2 year deal. Either way, it is a 5 year deal and that's a substantial difference than saying it's a 2 year deal.
It does matter. Contracts are all about guaranteed money and if Danny doesn't step up within the first year or two, he'll likely get cut and knowing the Pats, it's unlikely he'll live out the contract.

'az_prof said:
'jwb said:
'jwb said:
It's not a "bad offer". Sorry, but it's not.I'm not saying you have to agree with the value, mind you - someone got 1.1 for him (that's just nuts, but whatever). But getting insulted by any first round pick for Danny Amendola is silly.
:goodposting:

I own Amendola in a non-PPR. I would not accept a late 1st for him, but I would certainly not be "insulted" by it. It's not clear (at least to me) who the 10th best rookie would be, but I like Amendola's prospects better than whoever falls that late.

In a PPR league, I wouldn't consider anything outside the top 3-4, and even then I'd probably pass until I after the NFL draft.

Still getting offered Decker for Amendola. PPR league. Now some picks added into the mix that favour me. Can't get a read on how much Welker will impact Decker's value but it will be fairly substantial I think. Not going to rush into a deal as the Amendola PPR hype is only going to increase from here as the season approaches.

Still getting offered Decker for Amendola. PPR league. Now some picks added into the mix that favour me. Can't get a read on how much Welker will impact Decker's value but it will be fairly substantial I think. Not going to rush into a deal as the Amendola PPR hype is only going to increase from here as the season approaches.
Until they sign Emannuel Sanders and re-sign Julilan Edelman.

In dynasty at the beginning of 2012 he WAS worth a lot if you were PPR even if he was a Ram he was locked in and ready. How soon we forget....

Last edited by a moderator:
I would take Decker right now.

Users who are viewing this thread