What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***American Idol Season 13*** (1 Viewer)

Caleb definitely said yes. THere was a period before voting where they were sort of grouped, so there could have been some communication. What's the motivation for saying no? I only saw the last few minutes of the show; was anyone told they were safe?
No to the bold part.

Motivation to saying No is to get rid of the weakest link(s) now so as to not give them a chance next week..

Imagine if they all voted "yes, save everyone" and they then announced who would have been sent home had they gone that route.. They announce Sam would have gone home and his voters swamp next weeks voting to save him yet again, thereby sending someone more deserving of staying home. :mellow:
:goodposting: That is my thinking as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did they say they would announce the lowest vote getter if everyone voted yes? THey never have before when they end up keeping everyone.

At any rate, the one big happy family thing has been blown apart.

Did they say they would announce the lowest vote getter if everyone voted yes? THey never have before when they end up keeping everyone.

At any rate, the one big happy family thing has been blown apart.
No, they didn't.. but this is AI and they already saved the Sam once to keep the under 16 year old girls to watch.. so most of us assume they were doing what they could to save him.

I wouldn't have put it past them to announce who was the bottom one, or at least the bottom two, had they voted to keep everyone..

They would have had to fill the time that was used by :yawn: boy singing his good bye song.

I didn't see the results show...what exactly was the twist? The comments in This thread are hard to decipher.

I didn't see the results show...what exactly was the twist? The comments in This thread are hard to decipher.
They gave each of the five remaining contestants a secret ballot where they could vote to eliminate someone like they always do, or keep all five there for another week, but two people get eliminated next week.

JuniorNB said:
Wingnut said:
They gave each of the five remaining contestants a secret ballot where they could vote to eliminate someone like they always do, or keep all five there for another week, but two people get eliminated next week.
:lmao: So lame. Sam had been in the bottom a few times before they saved him...and this was nothing more than a way to possibly keep him another week. For what? It was painfully obvious that he sucks and had a less than zero shot at winning. I just dont see what they see in him.

JuniorNB said:
Wingnut said:
:lmao: So lame. Sam had been in the bottom a few times before they saved him...and this was nothing more than a way to possibly keep him another week. For what? It was painfully obvious that he sucks and had a less than zero shot at winning. I just dont see what they see in him.
:moneybag: from advertisers due to young girls watching just for him..

JuniorNB said:
Wingnut said:
:moneybag: from advertisers due to young girls watching just for him..
Right, but for one more week? Its almost cruel to keep trying to save him when he has to know he's dead weight.

JuniorNB said:
Wingnut said:
Young white kid who they let fake play a guitar.

Oh, and whoever early in the season told him he looked good in those stupid hats should be smacked. Looked like a freakin moron.

That Jena version of I can't help falling in love with you was outrageous. This show has been awful and unimpressive all season. This was the first "wow" performance. Kudos to her, I don't even like her all that much normally.

That Jena version of I can't help falling in love with you was outrageous. This show has been awful and unimpressive all season. This was the first "wow" performance. Kudos to her, I don't even like her all that much normally.
Get the **** outta here…….are you kidding me? Outrageous?

Contrived moment by J Lo and her reaction.

Caleb's Maybe I'm Amazed was fantastic. That was the real deal.

J Lo……oh brother woman.

Different strokes for different folks.

catching up here in Mountain Time Zone - that Jena Lady Gaga was a train wreck - can't see how they pump her up but beat the crap out of the rest of them

I'm just ready for the thing to end already. The singers are predictable and JLo and Keith are unbearable.

I think Caleb is great and everything, but I don't know, I feel like punching him in the face repeatedly. I think Jena will have a nice career no matter what and I hope Alex does too. Jessica was awful tonight and should go home.

Jena has an incredible voice, but I thought the Elvis arrangement was way too self-indulgent and melodramatic.

I have only been a sporadic viewer, but Caleb has impressed me every single time I've seen him perform.

Jena has an incredible voice, but I thought the Elvis arrangement was way too self-indulgent and melodramatic.
Couldn't disagree more on this one BB.All 4 are talented.

4) Jessica - totally depends on the song. Wildly inconsistent. If it's a perfect song for her, like the last one, she kills it. If not, she's toast.

3) Caleb - 2nd most inconsistent. Kills rock anthems usually but pretty one dimensional until tonight. Baby I'm Amazed gets him to the final 3.

2) Alex - Dude is a pure pro. I don't even like Coldplay and he killed it. True musician, and there are TONS of bands that would want him as the lead singer today. The truth is if he looked like Sam he would be an even money favorite to win this

1) Jena - since Alex nor Caleb look like Sam, Jena will get all of the teen girl votes. She's a lock for the final 2 and most likely the win. Not that she doesn't deserve it. Completely fearless on stage and I haven't seen her give a bad performance in ages.

Judge Smails said:
bigbottom said:

4) Jessica - totally depends on the song. Wildly inconsistent. If it's a perfect song for her, like the last one, she kills it. If not, she's toast.

3) Caleb - 2nd most inconsistent. Kills rock anthems usually but pretty one dimensional until tonight. Baby I'm Amazed gets him to the final 3.

2) Alex - Dude is a pure pro. I don't even like Coldplay and he killed it. True musician, and there are TONS of bands that would want him as the lead singer today. The truth is if he looked like Sam he would be an even money favorite to win this

1) Jena - since Alex nor Caleb look like Sam, Jena will get all of the teen girl votes. She's a lock for the final 2 and most likely the win. Not that she doesn't deserve it. Completely fearless on stage and I haven't seen her give a bad performance in ages.
And I couldn't disagree more on your Alex assessment. The guy is a good musician, but he has the personality of a toad. He'd be much better off as a solo act and even then, only on the radio. He just stands there every single time with his legs/feet no more than an inch apart pretty much marching in time. Who wants to watch that? Oh.....and he's an ugly mofo. There's that too.

Judge Smails said:
Even when he's great, it's like, okay, we get it, you can scream hard rock songs really well. You'll do great in a hard rock band. But I go back to my original assessment of him which is that he's a one-trick pony, and some of his stuff is starting to take on a karaoke or cruise ship kind of vibe. When he's tried to do something softer and more nuanced, it was horrific. Plus we're starting to see he's a self-absorbed jackass. I don't get why his r-word fiasco last week isn't huge news; usually that kind of non-pc moment blows up all over the media and online. You contrast him with some of the more creative and diverse stuff we're seeing from Alex and Jena lately -- I think they've closed the gap in a big way. I could see Jena winning this thing where 2 weeks ago I was saying it was Caleb all the way.

But I'll say again, I'm glad we're approaching the end finally.

Todem said:
Get the **** outta here…….are you kidding me? Outrageous?

Contrived moment by J Lo and her reaction.

Caleb's Maybe I'm Amazed was fantastic. That was the real deal.

J Lo……oh brother woman.

Different strokes for different folks.
I agree with Otis. I'm not digging Jena's sound that much (some weird back of the mouth guttaral thing going on), and I agree with whoever just said she's self-indulgent with her choices... but that version was impressive- and proves to me that she can make it as a "pop" star, especially if she was the one making those musical choices with the song (and not just being told what to do).

that said- Maybe I'm amazed was pretty incredible too. Both were two of the better performance that I've seen on the show this year (haven't seen every week).

Jessica had a really nice performance with her last song. Obviously her or Alex are going home, and given that she's probably pulling all the country votes, I'd say it's Alex (who I like, but seems like he's running out of ideas with this).

And I couldn't disagree more on your Alex assessment. The guy is a good musician, but he has the personality of a toad. He'd be much better off as a solo act and even then, only on the radio. He just stands there every single time with his legs/feet no more than an inch apart pretty much marching in time. Who wants to watch that? Oh.....and he's an ugly mofo. There's that too.
I hope next year they find a hunkier fella for you. :thumbup:

Did everyone else know that Jimmy Iovine was co-founder of Beats with Dr Dre? Just hear on relation to the Apple bid. He was very close with Jobs apparently.

I hope next year they find a hunkier fella for you. :thumbup:
Gotcha. Ignore the rest of the comment about him and go for that. Good one. You're on your game today.

Wow Caleb is really having a hard time with his voice tonight...it must stuck to have that happen at this point in the competition.

I've lost all respect for JLo and Urban. The cheerleading and grinding is horrible etiquette for a judge. Harry maintains his integrity nightly.

Next year's show will be cut down from 50+ to 37 hours. SHould be an improvement. As the ratings grew, they overexpanded. I wouldn;t mind them cutting two people a week like other shows do.

I think Jena is a lock for the final.

I think Alex outperformed Caleb on 2 of 3 songs last night, but Caleb killed the 3rd.

Wouldn't be too surprised if either go home, but I'm guessing it's Alex

Producers are praying Jena wins. They haven't had a marketable female winner in...since...Carrie Underwood? (yes, I know a woman won last year. Where is she now?)

Alex has the best voice of the remaining three and is consistently bringing really solid and diverse performances week after week. If this competition was about substance over style, he'd clearly be the frontrunner right now. But, again I'm predicting Caleb wins, because 'Murica. And I still think Jena will end up having a nice career.

I really wanted Alex to make it to the finally.

I guess it's a Jena and Caleb finally. The female rocker versus the guy rocker. Should be interesting.

Jena is super talented, but her voice is so effected that I almost can't take her seriously.
Yeah I can't take her pronunciation at all. It is a huge turn off for me. She has plenty of talent.....but she has never been my cup of tea from day one. I also don't care for her personality at all.

Caleb crushes it next week. He will be your winner.

Book that and a Heat series win Pizza :o

Users who are viewing this thread