What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Andre Johnson ejected from Hou-Ten game (1 Viewer)

Finnegan ripped his helmet off...I think the ejection will be enough, I doubt they suspend him.

Just saw the replay - don't know what triggered that but first the helmets flew and then the fists and then it was a proper old time hockey style beatdown with Finnegan on the ground with Andre landing haymakers. :lmao:

finnegan should get less since he never threw a punch

and he only tore off aj's helmet in response to it being done to him

i don't see how aj doesn't get at least a game

It's a fight. There are punches thrown in a lot of games. I don't think there is a specific rule between sucker punching someone and throwing "combos" on someone. Being involved in a fight is just exactly that.

finnegan should get less since he never threw a punchand he only tore off aj's helmet in response to it being done to himi don't see how aj doesn't get at least a game
Finnegan threw a weak punch that did nothing but still a punch.

finnegan should get less since he never threw a punchand he only tore off aj's helmet in response to it being done to himi don't see how aj doesn't get at least a game
Finnegan threw a weak punch that did nothing but still a punch.
:yes: Just because Finnegan failed in fisticuffs it does not absolve him.

I hope he's not suspended, but if he's a guy named Steve Johnson will be happy to come off bench and take his place in my starting lineup

Last edited by a moderator:
That's about the best multiple punch combo any non-boxer pro athlete has put together. That was a serious beating.

James Harrison threw a combination at a guy in the Superbowl and didn't get suspended. I don't see how Andre gets forced to sit.

Praying for no suspension, trying to clinch top seed and top regular season points with no Nicks and no AJ is gonna be tough

What the hell was AJ supposed to do in that situation? Run away?Finnegan went after his head and I saw a man defending himself.
Maybe not molly whomp him while he was on the ground covering himself?I can see AJ being suspended for at least a week.
He was on the ground covering himself because he was getting his ### kicked. He started it and got what he deserved.
Yeah, I know. Im not defending Finnegan, dude poked at the bee hive one too many times. But AJ can you know...not hover above him and throw haymakers. ##### at the ref or have your coach ##### at the ref to do their job. Finnegan got punked but got up smiling, AJ is going to be the topic of discussion for a league that is trying their best to keep any sort of image problem at bay.

What the hell was AJ supposed to do in that situation? Run away?Finnegan went after his head and I saw a man defending himself.
Maybe not molly whomp him while he was on the ground covering himself?I can see AJ being suspended for at least a week.
He was on the ground covering himself because he was getting his ### kicked. He started it and got what he deserved.
Yeah, I know. Im not defending Finnegan, dude poked at the bee hive one too many times. But AJ can you know...not hover above him and throw haymakers. ##### at the ref or have your coach ##### at the ref to do their job. Finnegan got punked but got up smiling, AJ is going to be the topic of discussion for a league that is trying their best to keep any sort of image problem at bay.
AJ is one of the cleanest most well respected players in the league. Finnegan is an instigating little ##### known for this sort of thing. No way the punishments should be equal. The NFL won't get this right, but at least Finnegan got his ### beat.

In my leagues where I own Andre, I'm saying he won't be suspended.

In the leagues where I don't own Andre, I'm saying he gets at least a week.

I'm sure that's what the majority of folks are doing in here.

What's the precedence on something like this? I'm sure the dust will settle similarly.

I would think a decision will have to be made real fast since Hou plays on Thursday night and typically the NFL wants a team to know whether they will have to prepare for a game with or without a player facing possible disciplinary action

You need to watch it again because Finnegan absolutely threw the first punch. He swung at AJ and hit him in the side of the head right after AJ ripped the little fake Irishman's helmet off.

What the hell was AJ supposed to do in that situation? Run away?

Finnegan went after his head and I saw a man defending himself.
To late for that.

You need to watch it again because Finnegan absolutely threw the first punch. He swung at AJ and hit him in the side of the head right after AJ ripped the little fake Irishman's helmet off.
if you're going to call that slap a "punch", then finnegan threw the first "punch" at the snap with the illegal hands to the face. What you're referring to as a "punch" would only draw a flag, not a fine or suspension.bottom line is that aj did quite a bit more to be suspended/fined.Now his reputation, or actually more accurately, Finnegan's negative reputation, might save him from suspension, if the league just goes by the actual events, suspension is likely.

James Harrison threw a combination at a guy in the Superbowl and didn't get suspended. I don't see how Andre gets forced to sit.
did you want him to get suspended for the Pro Bowl?
LOL, I knew the Steelers would get dragged into this somehow.So you feel better, the Steelers sat him the first 2 preseason games the next year to teach him a lesson.Finnegan = instigator/total bouche dagAJ = defending himself

Users who are viewing this thread