What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Andrew Luck Not Practicing Today (2 Viewers)

Draft dominator disagrees with you in certain scoring formats. Besides like I mentioned before a lot of us affected by Luck's injuries have him in a dynasty league. I'm not sure why this turned into a discussion about not drafting a QB in the 1st round.
It's never NOT a good time to pass judgement of others online

BTW I won my league's championship and the regular season the two times I drafted QBs in round 1 so...yea. My experience trumps everyone's!

Last edited by a moderator:
while you all bicker about when to take a QB, an important piece of news came out:

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6439/andrew-luck

Colts coach Chuck Pagano stated Friday that he is "absolutely" Andrew Luck (questionable, shoulder) will play against the Jaguars.
Although Luck was not spotted during the portion of Friday's practice that was open to the media, the Colts listed him as a "limited" participant for the third straight day. Pagano stated Wednesday he was "supremely confident" Luck would start against the Jaguars, and on Friday reiterated he "absolutely" expects Luck to be out there. Pagano explained that the Colts' signing of Josh Johnson was just to have "all our bases covered." Oct 2 - 1:46 PM

while you all bicker about when to take a QB, an important piece of news came out:

Colts coach Chuck Pagano stated Friday that he is "absolutely" Andrew Luck (questionable, shoulder) will play against the Jaguars.
Although Luck was not spotted during the portion of Friday's practice that was open to the media, the Colts listed him as a "limited" participant for the third straight day. Pagano stated Wednesday he was "supremely confident" Luck would start against the Jaguars, and on Friday reiterated he "absolutely" expects Luck to be out there. Pagano explained that the Colts' signing of Josh Johnson was just to have "all our bases covered." Oct 2 - 1:46 PM
Why that is some splendid news for the Luckites, Hiltonites and Moncriefians.

#fireryangrigson

Why that is some splendid news for the Luckites, Hiltonites and Moncriefians.

#fireryangrigson
Coaches lie all the time.

The Colts also signed two QBs this week.

So the question becomes: Do you even take a chance if he does play, if you have a suitable alternative as a backup? I know it's against JAX but dude hasn't performed for most of the season.

Dr. Octopus said:
bb7278 said:
OK Ill give you Dion out of those but you still have Leveon,Charles and AP, name me 3 QB's who would go in round 1 today.
Do you think that anyone that took Luck passed on Bell, Charles of Peterson to do so?
I saw it happen, Luck before Charles in one league.

Bottom line is you guys can have fun and do whatever you like but I will NEVER take a QB in round 1 no matter what and I've definitely won a lot in 15 years and there's at least a few people that agree with me not that I care.

I was just trying to help because I think it's a fair strategy that's worked for me but to each their own, I think a lot of people checking this thread are Luck owners so I understand your frustration.
Maybe you can draft up some cheat sheets for us next year. Thanks.
It doesn't take a genius to figure out you don't take QBs in the first two rounds in 12-teamers, regardless of scoring format.
In start 2 QB leagues? No, you're absolutely wrong in that case.

So I'm actually starting to get really nervous about this. I think I'm rolling with T-Mobile in one league and...gulp...Bradford I another.

This situation smells like an old polecat.

I picked up Tannehill but forgot he plays at 930am so waiting to see the verdict on Luck isnt even an option. I could always drop him for another QB, but I think Im gonna roll with Tannehill. All the news the last few days just feels like Luck wont play, and if he does Im not sure how effective he'll be.

How is this not a bigger deal? There is no info on what is wrong with Luck. This sounds a lot like Brees but there's no replaying of the hit, no discussion of MRIs or exams or second opinions. Luck has a shoulder injury and sits a week and then what? Where's the media? People should be howling from the rooftops here.

Fitzmagik scraped up from the bottom of the barrel. This is going to be a long year.
Starting him in two leagues, one for Luck and one for Roethlisberger. Thank goodness I drafted other positions knowing I had solid QBs in those two leagues.

Fitzmagik scraped up from the bottom of the barrel. This is going to be a long year.
Starting him in two leagues, one for Luck and one for Roethlisberger. Thank goodness I drafted other positions knowing I had solid QBs in those two leagues.
FITZMAGIK TD. He may throw only one all day but I feel much better about my lack of Luck. Pun intended.

FITZMAGIK TD. He may throw only one all day but I feel much better about my lack of Luck. Pun intended.
And he has the better beard. I was forced to do the same thing.

Is anyone benching him tonight? I can start the ever boring Alex Smith against the Bears. Never thought I'd have to worry about this.

Is anyone benching him tonight? I can start the ever boring Alex Smith against the Bears. Never thought I'd have to worry about this.
Well, he's not expected to play so I'm sitting him. You could do a lot worse than Smith as a replacement. As a matter of fact, you should probably be starting Smith is week even if Luck was healthy. He's been much better and has a good matchup.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000552318/article/matt-hasselbeck-expected-to-start-vs-texans

If he plays, I am benching him for Palmer in one league and starting him over Cousins in another. Pretty easy decision for me, I think.

For people making tougher calls, I'd say if he plays, you go with him unless you have a really top option. Anything that appears to be a push or lateral move, I defer to the talent and the likely game flow of this game.

Looks like Vick gets another go in my superflex. It's either him or one of Agholor, Watkins, or Carrier (WAS TE) :X

OK Ill give you Dion out of those but you still have Leveon,Charles and AP, name me 3 QB's who would go in round 1 today.
Do you think that anyone that took Luck passed on Bell, Charles of Peterson to do so?

Bottom line is you guys can have fun and do whatever you like but I will NEVER take a QB in round 1 no matter what and I've definitely won a lot in 15 years and there's at least a few people that agree with me not that I care.

I was just trying to help because I think it's a fair strategy that's worked for me but to each their own, I think a lot of people checking this thread are Luck owners so I understand your frustration.
It doesn't take a genius to figure out you don't take QBs in the first two rounds in 12-teamers, regardless of scoring format.
It doesn’t take a genius to see that your statement is pretty ignorant

It doesn’t take a genius to see that your statement is pretty ignorant
yeah, apparently doesn't know about start 2QB formats.

Does anyone think the Texans defense is a good play here?
Anyone? I havent seen the Colts at all and only one game of the Texans but conventional wisdom says that the Texans at home would be a good play. Just would like to get a homers input here as the Texans d hasnt produced much this year by the numbers.

Does anyone think the Texans defense is a good play here?
Anyone? I havent seen the Colts at all and only one game of the Texans but conventional wisdom says that the Texans at home would be a good play. Just would like to get a homers input here as the Texans d hasnt produced much this year by the numbers.
I think they could be a safe play. I don't think Hasselback is going to light up the scoreboard. I see a 20-17 type game that could go either way.

How concerned should we Luck owners be for the rest of the season?

I was just offered Brees and Antonio brown for Luck and Cobb.

I could be off base but I'm not worried at all for the remainder. Thur games are tough due to short turnaround. He has a bye next week. He should get plenty of rest before playing again.

Decline. Brees and Brown have their own problems. THe best thing going in that bunch right now is Cobb. I think he's on pace for 1300/15 TDs or something.

I could be off base but I'm not worried at all for the remainder. Thur games are tough due to short turnaround. He has a bye next week. He should get plenty of rest before playing again.
Cotls bye week is not until week 10

Cotls bye week is not until week 10
Crap yeah read it wrong. Still, not very worried after this week.

Users who are viewing this thread