What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Android App - MFL Football 12 - Locomo Labs (1 Viewer)

Curado Kev

Footballguy
I just wanted the Android users out there that I put this app on my ASUS transformer Prime Tablet and it works great ! Plus they have updated it twice in the last week to add trades, MFL and NFL date plus more...

I have no allegiance to them and don't know any of the developers - Just wanted to let the Shark Pool know it is pretty nice !

Cya Kev

I have had a lot of issues in the past with their delay in adding features, but this offseason the updates have been really good.

I didn't like that it didn't separate my taxi squad players from my active roster, but other than that it's worth the $3. Certainly the best thing available for MFL on Android.

Certainly worth the $3, thank you.Am I going to half to cough up another $3 next year?
Yes. The good news is that this year they actually provided updates for the extra purchase. Over the past few years, they just kept rolling out the same app without and noticeable updates. It's good to see that they are finally doing some extra work on the app.

Appreciate the kind words, thank you. I'm Chris and developed "MFL Fantasy Football 12" for Android. I try to add as much as I can to the app, given the ability to do so with the MFL API, how much of an impact it will have for the majority of users, and any impact changes have to the rest of the user base. I've added a few highly requested features for our 2012 edition such as being able to offer/accept/reject/revoke trades. That functionality just recently became possible with the MFL API, which is why it wasn't included in previous seasons.

2012 is the 3rd season my app has been available. 2010 was our first year and many features were added in August and into the season. In 2011 the big enhancement was the ability to draft live from within the app, a highly requested feature. For 2012, trading, league chat, a new ICS-like UI, and player salaries have already been added to the live product. I'm currently working on more features (a version for Kindle Fire, more caching to improve performance, recent league transactions, and a few others I hope to finish soon). I generally go into maintenance mode when the season starts, simply because the likelihood of breaking something when the app is it's most useful is too high. Which is why you're seeing a lot of development and releases in August. The last thing I want to do is add some minor feature and break the ability to view scores or set lineups. Clearly that's on me to get right, but those decisions are ones I don't take lightly.

Again, thanks for the kind words on my work. I'm glad you're enjoying it. If you have any feature suggestions, I encourage you to send them along (chris@locomolabs.com). I can't guarantee they'll be included for 2012 but they'll make it to my list for future enhancements.

I didn't like that it didn't separate my taxi squad players from my active roster, but other than that it's worth the $3. Certainly the best thing available for MFL on Android.
Question about taxi squad, as I don't have leagues that use it. Would it be helpful to have a separate view that shows the taxi squad per franchise? Basically the "View Rosters" feature but show only taxi squad players for the chosen franchise. Or, would having (TAXI or IR) added to the specific player's name in the View Rosters view do the trick? I'm looking to do this for both Taxi and IR, FYI.

Question about taxi squad, as I don't have leagues that use it. Would it be helpful to have a separate view that shows the taxi squad per franchise? Basically the "View Rosters" feature but show only taxi squad players for the chosen franchise. Or, would having (TAXI or IR) added to the specific player's name in the View Rosters view do the trick? I'm looking to do this for both Taxi and IR, FYI.
My thinking was when looking at the roster view the IR and taxi players would be below the active players with dividers between each type. Basically the same way MFL organizes them (example). A separate view would work well also. Just having a tag by their name would be better than nothing, but I think one of the other options would be preferable. Also, I haven't submitted a lineup yet, but it would be nice to indicate in some way who is IR/taxi in that view as well.

Thanks for responding to this BTW.

My thinking was when looking at the roster view the IR and taxi players would be below the active players with dividers between each type. Basically the same way MFL organizes them (example). A separate view would work well also. Just having a tag by their name would be better than nothing, but I think one of the other options would be preferable. Also, I haven't submitted a lineup yet, but it would be nice to indicate in some way who is IR/taxi in that view as well.

Thanks for responding to this BTW.
Makes sense, thanks. I'll work on this tomorrow.

App looks significantly improved. Much faster, lots of features....well done.

Hope it works this well throughout the year

When I click on 'offer trade' I get a blank screen with the continue button on the bottom. It wants me to select a player but there are none listed. I've purchased each year, I love being able to see live scoring for all of my leagues in 1 place no matter where I am.

Appreciate the kind words, thank you. I'm Chris and developed "MFL Fantasy Football 12" for Android. I try to add as much as I can to the app, given the ability to do so with the MFL API, how much of an impact it will have for the majority of users, and any impact changes have to the rest of the user base. I've added a few highly requested features for our 2012 edition such as being able to offer/accept/reject/revoke trades. That functionality just recently became possible with the MFL API, which is why it wasn't included in previous seasons.2012 is the 3rd season my app has been available. 2010 was our first year and many features were added in August and into the season. In 2011 the big enhancement was the ability to draft live from within the app, a highly requested feature. For 2012, trading, league chat, a new ICS-like UI, and player salaries have already been added to the live product. I'm currently working on more features (a version for Kindle Fire, more caching to improve performance, recent league transactions, and a few others I hope to finish soon). I generally go into maintenance mode when the season starts, simply because the likelihood of breaking something when the app is it's most useful is too high. Which is why you're seeing a lot of development and releases in August. The last thing I want to do is add some minor feature and break the ability to view scores or set lineups. Clearly that's on me to get right, but those decisions are ones I don't take lightly.Again, thanks for the kind words on my work. I'm glad you're enjoying it. If you have any feature suggestions, I encourage you to send them along (chris@locomolabs.com). I can't guarantee they'll be included for 2012 but they'll make it to my list for future enhancements.
Looking forward to the Kindle Fire addition of the app, any ETA?

Plaid, can you email me your league I'd and your franchise name? I'll debug and figure out what's wrong. Chris@locomolabs.com

Any way to get the MFL Live Scores page (page that comes up when you select My MFL Scores) to show the league to the right of the score? I have 4 teams in different leagues with the same name. I know the order of them is the order I entered the leagues, but it would be helpful to be able to see it at a glance and not have to remember the order I entered them. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread