What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Andy Dalton is a QB 1 in fantasy right now (2 Viewers)

I'd have zero problem rolling with him as my QB next year. Maybe try and pair him up with Nick Foles or something? That'd be an elite QBBC if you can work the match-ups properly.

He's extremely underrated because of his inconsistency. He'll net you 30 3 weeks straight, then get you <10 pts the next 2 weeks. He's like the Chris Johnson of QB's. He'll finish as a QB1, but if you own him, you know he is very boom or bust. Chris Johnson seems to always finish as an RB1 on pure numbers, but it's inflated because of 5-6 unreal weeks.

Hes

Perhaps he is being overlooked?

Surprising stat of the day: Andy Dalton has the 3rd most pass TD in his first 3 seasons in NFL HISTORY, trailing only Peyton and Marino!
He's not in the same stratosphere as those guys. I don't care what anyone says, what stats you come up with, I don't see it. As a fantasy qb yes he has value in advantageous starts but nfl wise he's proved nothing. He beats up on dogs and gets smoked in test games. He's Matt Schaub 2013.
No shame in that. Nobody thinks he's the next Manning or Marino. But the point is (I think) that the guy doesn't get credit for what he does. Gets smoked in test games? How do you make the playoffs if you can't win test games? If that were true, they'd be 6-10 every year. Funny how people are praising Newton because he won a "test game" and he just made the playoffs for the first time this year. Dalton's three-for-three.
look at who cincy has beaten, who they have lost to, who smoked them, and why.The Bengals are loaded with talent, they're better than bad and mediocre teams, despite Dalton. Against the best? Nope. I think they can win a game this year since they will probably be at home, but once they have to go on the road, good night.
Do you get tired of being wrong so often?

ghostguy123 said:
Perhaps he is being overlooked?

Surprising stat of the day: Andy Dalton has the 3rd most pass TD in his first 3 seasons in NFL HISTORY, trailing only Peyton and Marino!
And in 3-4 years from now we will be able to say that same thing about some other mediocre QB considering every year that goes by the league gets more passer friendly.
Are Russ Wilson and Andrew luck average?If Wilson ticks up to 30 tds next year, he'll be in the vicinity. Luck has to throw 35 or so. Not impossible, but unlikely IMO. These are guys that are considered the best young franchise qbs, the future at the position, and they might not achieve Dalton's tds.
both of those guys are much better than Dalton. Wilson has no wr's/te's whatsoever and still can move an offense and make terrific individual plays. Same with Luck.

Yesterday was another day that Dalton seemed to have a good game because he won but the way I see it he was home, his defense shutdown the Ravens and they were only in the game due to his 4 picks... he made some nice throws and a lot of bad ones...he managed the clock poorly and just doesn't impress me as a difference maker. He's got good offensive coaches, terrific offensive talent, good line and a tremendous defense. He's a cog in a good machine.
Those are all fair points, but none of that matters in fantasy football. All points are created equal in fantasy.

Some people here make a point about Dalton struggling against the best defenses. In fantasy football that is actually a GOOD thing. The easier it is to project his bad games the more value he has in fantasy as one can trust the matchups. So what if he struggles against the Browns and the Ravens as long as he consistently puts up big numbers in plus matchups.

And when it comes to interceptions those are devastating in real life football but in fantasy they don't matter that much. In fantasy a 281 yd 3 TD 4 INT game is quite much better than a 172 yd 1 TD 0 INT game no matter how much better decisions and accurate throws Russell Wilson made.

Users who are viewing this thread