What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Another Packer on IR - LB Brad Jones (1 Viewer)

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/105903173.html

"Well, that didn't take long for a decision on Brad Jones.

Actually, the Packers found out Wednesday that a waiver claim they put in on New York Jets defensive tackle Howard Green was accepted and so they needed a roster spot. Jones probably was going to have the surgery anyway, but the Packers didn't know until today that they had been awarded Green.

The 6-2, 340-pound Green has played in 51 games with 12 starts. The sixth-year pro hasn't started a game since 2004 with New Orleans.

By the way, the Packers now have 10 guys on injured reserve, five of them starters, and we're not yet halfway thorugh the season. I'll try to put together a comparison with other teams for a blog later tonight."

I hope they can hold it together on defense, I really do. But it gets tougher by the day. Silver lining might be that they get Al Harris and Bigby back soon. But beyond that, they are really hurting for bodies.

Who is their strength and conditioning coach?
I don't think it has anything to do with that. These injuries are just not the types of injuries that have to do with strength and conditioning.Same coach as last year and hardly any injuries.It's a freak season.

Yeah, that explains the 3 LBs they signed in the last 2 days.

Good they got the big boy from the Jets too...we need bodies on the line.

As a Packer fan, I'm crying uncle on our former Superbowl aspirations. This season will be a success if they even sniff the playoffs. Grant, Finley, Neal, Jones, Bigby, Harris, Burnett all will miss at least 1/2 of the season if not more. Its been proven that healthy teams win the Superbowl. Not our year apparently.

As a Packer fan, I'm crying uncle on our former Superbowl aspirations. This season will be a success if they even sniff the playoffs. Grant, Finley, Neal, Jones, Bigby, Harris, Burnett all will miss at least 1/2 of the season if not more. Its been proven that healthy teams win the Superbowl. Not our year apparently.
for what its worth throw in Jolly and Harrell who would have helped the D line rotation so we wouldn't have to play an OT as an extra D lineman in goal line situations....

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/105903173.html

"Well, that didn't take long for a decision on Brad Jones.

Actually, the Packers found out Wednesday that a waiver claim they put in on New York Jets defensive tackle Howard Green was accepted and so they needed a roster spot. Jones probably was going to have the surgery anyway, but the Packers didn't know until today that they had been awarded Green.

The 6-2, 340-pound Green has played in 51 games with 12 starts. The sixth-year pro hasn't started a game since 2004 with New Orleans.

By the way, the Packers now have 10 guys on injured reserve, five of them starters, and we're not yet halfway thorugh the season. I'll try to put together a comparison with other teams for a blog later tonight."

I hope they can hold it together on defense, I really do. But it gets tougher by the day. Silver lining might be that they get Al Harris and Bigby back soon. But beyond that, they are really hurting for bodies.
If you're looking for a silver lining, it's probably that coming into 2010 Brad Jones was one of our marginal starters....ideally we would have drafted or signed somebody in the offseason to seriously challenge Jones for the starting job. He's a solid performer, but he is much more easily replaced than most of the other folks we've lost this season. That said, at some point the injuries are just too much to overcome.

for what its worth throw in Jolly and Harrell who would have helped the D line rotation so we wouldn't have to play an OT as an extra D lineman in goal line situations....
Yeah, the Jolly situation, while not widely discussed, has really hurt our D-line depth this year. It's a big reason our run defense dropped....

Thumbs up to Capers thus far too for having this mash unit performing well enough to keep them in games.

By the way, the Packers now have 10 guys on injured reserve, five of them starters, and we're not yet halfway through the season.
I think Silverstein is putting it mildly here. If you count Jolly, they've lost 9-10 guys who could be expected to be significant contributors from scrimmage this season, and that doesn't count guys like Pickett, Driver and Chillar who may not be fully healthy again this season. We all expected Tausch to be in and out of the lineup, so I don't even count him. One thing that goes unnoticed is the devastating effect this has on special teams, as they move ST regulars into the starting roles and end up signing guys off the street for Slocum.Last Sunday, they expected to have both Jenkins and Pickett available, but lost Jenkins in pre-game warmups and lost Picket in the first half. I just can't imagine how Capers and his assistants are able to scramble to put together a defense under these conditions.

Injured Reserve

56 Barnett, Nick LB 6-2 236 29 8 Oregon State

Bell, Josh CB 5-11 177 25 3 Baylor

42 Burnett, Morgan S 6-1 209 21 R Georgia Tech

88 Finley, Jermichael TE 6-5 247 23 3 Texas

25 Grant, Ryan RB 6-1 222 27 4 Notre Dame

91 Harrell, Justin DE 6-4 315 26 4 Tennessee

59 Jones, Brad LB 6-3 242 24 2 Colorado

29 Martin, Derrick S 5-10 198 25 5 Wyoming

96 Neal, Mike DE 6-3 294 23 R Purdue

51 Poppinga, Brady LB 6-3 250 31 6 Brigham Young

Physically Unable to Perform