What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Antonio Gates (1 Viewer)

Well... considering that I have him on my undefeated team... of which I have Miles Austin, Reggie Wayne, Roddy White, and Hakeem Nicks... and Gates is outscoring all of them... I would say that you will never get back what he gives your team... especially if you have to start TE's.

Really wish I had gates so i could trade him. Haven't seen this much kool aid since jermichael finley
Difference is, Finley had a good year in 2009 and people were drinking the kool-aid for him to explode this year, and you can't predit injury. Antonio Gates so far has been the top WR scoring wise, and #6 overall in most leagues with 1-5 being 4 QBs and Arian Foster. He also has a proven track record and has been tearing it up in the NFL since 2004. Not to mention he is the favorite target of a pass heavy offense with the #1 QB FF-Wise in the league this year. I think to compare the love for Gates and Finley is a bit of a stretch, and to expect the same outcome Finley had is foolish.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gates

Antonio Gates' injured left ankle was in a protective boot following the Chargers' Week 6 loss to St. Louis.

According to the San Diego Union-Tribune, "it doesn't look good." Gates was held in check by the Rams pre-injury, managing just 12 yards on two catches. He also has a long history of ankle problems. The Chargers didn't just lose Sunday's game to a much lesser-talented St. Louis team. They may have lost their top two pass catchers with Malcom Floyd (hamstring) also hurt. Oct. 17 - 5:16 pm et

Wow. I HAD Finley. Traded Knowshon Moreno, McFadden, and Finley (prior to out for season news) for Gates and Wells. Back to life without a TE.

Unreal...

Gates

Antonio Gates' injured left ankle was in a protective boot following the Chargers' Week 6 loss to St. Louis.

According to the San Diego Union-Tribune, "it doesn't look good." Gates was held in check by the Rams pre-injury, managing just 12 yards on two catches. He also has a long history of ankle problems. The Chargers didn't just lose Sunday's game to a much lesser-talented St. Louis team. They may have lost their top two pass catchers with Malcom Floyd (hamstring) also hurt. Oct. 17 - 5:16 pm et
bump vjax

Last edited by a moderator:
Gates

bump vjax
and Finley

I hope he gets better this week...

Antonio Gates was on the field but essentially a decoy for all but eight of the Chargers’ first 60 offensive snaps.

He played all but one of their final 10 snaps and made four catches for 50 yards, the first of the catches being a four-yard touchdown.

“I was still a decoy, man,” Gates said with a smile, indicating how far he was from full strength due to the toe injury he suffered the previous week at St. Louis. “I tried to do what I can, and obviously when you are playing a really good team, it is hard not to be 100-percent and play well. I think for a minute they got lost in coverage, and I was able to make some plays.”

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/oc...es-what-he-can/

I hope he gets better this week...

Antonio Gates was on the field but essentially a decoy for all but eight of the Chargers’ first 60 offensive snaps.

He played all but one of their final 10 snaps and made four catches for 50 yards, the first of the catches being a four-yard touchdown.

“I was still a decoy, man,” Gates said with a smile, indicating how far he was from full strength due to the toe injury he suffered the previous week at St. Louis. “I tried to do what I can, and obviously when you are playing a really good team, it is hard not to be 100-percent and play well. I think for a minute they got lost in coverage, and I was able to make some plays.”

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/oc...es-what-he-can/
A Decoy that Scored TD and got 50 yards.. This keeping his gap on all other TE's.... Davis and Miller are good 4.9 PTS per game behind him in my league. (13.3 vs 8.4) Now that's major advantage! Considering no one else as more than 2 point advantage at QB/RB/WR/K/DEF.

He should have had two TDs. I still cant believe he dropped that 2nd one.
Yep, made my decision to go with Moeaki a bit easier to swallow :sick:I think the defender might have gotten a hand after it hit his hands, but I think he was as surprised he missed that as anyone else. He probably makes that catch 90+/100 times.

Users who are viewing this thread