What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Any Bears Fans Nervous? (1 Viewer)

ScottyDog

Footballguy
I don't think anyone has even mentioned this but THIS IS JAY CUTLER'S FIRST EVER PLAYOFF GAME!!! Are you Bear fans the least worried about this? I have been listening to Chicago ESPN 1000 all this week and it seems there is some concern. Chicago is the more talented team but they also can be just as up and down as the Seattle team. Seattle is riding the wave and seems to be playing their best ball when it matters. As a Bears fan are you nervous? I think I would be if my QB was Cutler and my offensive coordinator was Martz. Also you never know when that vaunted defense is going to put up a stinker AT HOME (Jets, Patriots). Oh and let's not forget the Hawks for the most part always play Chicago tough at Chicago. They went to OT in their last playoff game, and of course there is their week 6 win. Seattle fans feel good about this game as far as our chances go, or at least a lot better than our chances going into the Saints game last week, and that one turned out well.

I don't think anyone has even mentioned this but THIS IS JAY CUTLER'S FIRST EVER PLAYOFF GAME!!! Are you Bear fans the least worried about this? I have been listening to Chicago ESPN 1000 all this week and it seems there is some concern. Chicago is the more talented team but they also can be just as up and down as the Seattle team. Seattle is riding the wave and seems to be playing their best ball when it matters. As a Bears fan are you nervous? I think I would be if my QB was Cutler and my offensive coordinator was Martz. Also you never know when that vaunted defense is going to put up a stinker AT HOME (Jets, Patriots). Oh and let's not forget the Hawks for the most part always play Chicago tough at Chicago. They went to OT in their last playoff game, and of course there is their week 6 win. Seattle fans feel good about this game as far as our chances go, or at least a lot better than our chances going into the Saints game last week, and that one turned out well.
I am not worried about this being Cutlers first playoff game. The guy is too arrogant to let that bother him. The only thing I am worried about is Mike Martz being stupid and throwing the ball 75% of the time. In the end, I am not really nervous about this game. Of course anything can happen, but I think the Bears win by double digits.

I didn't know that but I am nervous because cutler is so widely inconsistent. So is the O-line and who knows how the wrs corps will do any given week. I think the D will carry them over the top but I think it's silly that the bears are so heavily favored, especially considering seattle won their reg. season matchup.

From what I heard from Mike and Mike on ESPN, Vegas gave the 'Hawks 10 points in order to get some action on the game. They weren't getting any on the 'Hawk side so they added about another 5 or 6 points.

I didn't know that but I am nervous because cutler is so widely inconsistent. So is the O-line and who knows how the wrs corps will do any given week. I think the D will carry them over the top but I think it's silly that the bears are so heavily favored, especially considering seattle won their reg. season matchup.

From what I heard from Mike and Mike on ESPN, Vegas gave the 'Hawks 10 points in order to get some action on the game. They weren't getting any on the 'Hawk side so they added about another 5 or 6 points.

Yeah, I know that betting lines are set in order to get ppl to bet on a team rather than on how the oddsmakers think a team will do. However most fans also seem to think seattle will get trounced. The funny thing is most ppl thought that same way last week and even despite seeing seattle win most ppl still think of them as a scrub team.

Very true, the win last week has been looked at as a fluke by the majority of fans. I can see their point of view. That is why I am really excited for this game, if the 'Hawks win this one, how will this "run in the playoffs" be looked upon? As a fluke, or as a team getting hot at the right moment? Either way, I wish the Bear fans good luck tomorrow.

Yeah, I know that betting lines are set in order to get ppl to bet on a team rather than on how the oddsmakers think a team will do. However most fans also seem to think seattle will get trounced. The funny thing is most ppl thought that same way last week and even despite seeing seattle win most ppl still think of them as a scrub team.

Of course Bears fans should be worried. New Orleans was the defending champion of the NFL and is 1000 times better than Chicago.

What overwhelming advantage does Chicago have over Seattle? Their prolific passing offfense?

Gimme a break.

Of course Bears fans should be worried. New Orleans was the defending champion of the NFL and is 1000 times better than Chicago.What overwhelming advantage does Chicago have over Seattle? Their prolific passing offfense?Gimme a break.
Bears win by 20. Take the over, give the points. Seattle is not a good team.

Of course Bears fans should be worried. New Orleans was the defending champion of the NFL and is 1000 times better than Chicago.What overwhelming advantage does Chicago have over Seattle? Their prolific passing offfense?Gimme a break.
And neither are the Bears as Seattle proved earlier this year.
And neither are the Patriots as the Browns proved earlier this year. Same thing.

Gamblin said:
two_dollars said:
fantasizing said:
And neither are the Bears as Seattle proved earlier this year.
The Seahawks have to win the NFC Championship to even get over .500 for the season....get real.

Last edited by a moderator:
fantasizing said:
What are you talking about? 1000 times better? That team that is 1000 times better than the bears, is sitting on there couches this weekend.Bears are a better football team and will prove that Sunday.

fantasizing said:
Of course Bears fans should be worried. New Orleans was the defending champion of the NFL and is 1000 times better than Chicago.

What overwhelming advantage does Chicago have over Seattle? Their prolific passing offfense?

Gimme a break.
What are you talking about? 1000 times better? That team that is 1000 times better than the bears, is sitting on there couches this weekend.

Bears are a better football team and will prove that Sunday.
And WHO put them there onto the couch as you say?

fantasizing said:

Gimme a break.
What are you talking about? 1000 times better? That team that is 1000 times better than the bears, is sitting on there couches this weekend.

Bears are a better football team and will prove that Sunday.
And WHO put them there onto the couch as you say?
The Seahawks did. Your point?Bears will beat the Seahawks on Sunday, just as they would have beaten the Saints if they played.

Neither team is particularly good so I can't imagine why either one would have a lot of confidence that they're going to win. I give Chicago the advantage at home, but it wouldn't surprise me if they lost to Seattle again.

I'm personally offended that the Bears, who EARNED the #2 seed, are being put on equal footing with the worst team to ever make the playoffs. Because of a game that happened in week 6? These aren't even the same teams! I bet the Pats sure are glad the Browns didn't make it! Chicago is an elite team, whose greatness is distorted by a lack of flash and fantasy numbers. They didn't accidentally get to 11-5. The amount of disrespect heaped onto the Bears is sickening.

:) at the Seahawks coolaid drinking in here. I don't know if it will be a blow out but I just can't imagine a scenario where Bears loose this game unless Cutler's head falls off.

The team I am concerned about is the one that just killed the Falcons in their supposed amazing home field advantage stadium. They are the one not so great regular season record standings team that worries me and not the Seahawks

fantasizing said:
What are you talking about? 1000 times better? That team that is 1000 times better than the bears, is sitting on there couches this weekend.Bears are a better football team and will prove that Sunday.
I'm sorry, but beating the sucky seahawks in Chicago doesn't prove much. The Saints are not just better than the Bears, they are FAR BETTER and it's not even close. On a neutral field, Bears vs Saints, i would give the Saints 9 wins out of 10. In fact, the Bears are probably the 2nd worst team to make the playoffs, ahead of only the Seahawks.

:lmao: at the Seahawks coolaid drinking in here. I don't know if it will be a blow out but I just can't imagine a scenario where Bears loose this game unless Cutler's head falls off. The team I am concerned about is the one that just killed the Falcons in their supposed amazing home field advantage stadium. They are the one not so great regular season record standings team that worries me and not the Seahawks
Pretty good chance that it gets knocked off. :)

fantasizing said:
I'm sorry, but beating the sucky seahawks in Chicago doesn't prove much. The Saints are not just better than the Bears, they are FAR BETTER and it's not even close. On a neutral field, Bears vs Saints, i would give the Saints 9 wins out of 10. In fact, the Bears are probably the 2nd worst team to make the playoffs, ahead of only the Seahawks.
Saying the Saints are far better than the Bears is laughable.

Not really concerned at all. I'd be more nervous if they were playing Philly (even though the Bears won vs. Philly @ home and lost to Seattle, I feel Philly is the vastly superior team).

I think the Chicago D will be amped and destroys Hass in the process. I'd be amazed if the Bears represented the NFC in the Super Bowl again (as I had no expectation that this would be anything more than a .500 team at best coming into the year).

The Bears and the Packers are clearly the two best NFC teams in this year's playoffs. Tomorrow we'll see GB/ATL MK II.

Bears by 21.

I'm personally offended that the Bears, who EARNED the #2 seed, are being put on equal footing with the worst team to ever make the playoffs. Because of a game that happened in week 6? These aren't even the same teams! I bet the Pats sure are glad the Browns didn't make it! Chicago is an elite team, whose greatness is distorted by a lack of flash and fantasy numbers. They didn't accidentally get to 11-5. The amount of disrespect heaped onto the Bears is sickening.
:goodposting:

The Bears only have Forte as a offense ( Their receivers are probably among the least talented in the league ) so you stop the runs score 17 pts and beat the bears.

Challenege the Bears passing game and Cutler to beat you , you will win.

Cutler will throw a few picks , will get sacked 3 - 4 times and will make stupid decisions as always ..

Hawk 23 - Bears 14

As a Bears fan, I'm not nervous but not overconfident.

I'd say 75 times out of 100, they'd beat the Hawks at home. Anything can happen this year so I don't know why so many Bears fans are so overconfident.

I do think the D will take care of business but maybe Hasselbeck will come out in Pro Bowl form again...

Saints are the laughingstock of the league this year.

After the Bears blow out the Seahawks today, you'll see what I mean.

I want to see Packers/Bears for the George Halas trophy.

Time for Seattle to go home.

Saints are the laughingstock of the league this year.After the Bears blow out the Seahawks today, you'll see what I mean.I want to see Packers/Bears for the George Halas trophy.Time for Seattle to go home.
No that would be the Cowboys or the Bills. The Saints were over confident especially defensively.

:popcorn:

:bag: at the Seahawks coolaid drinking in here. I don't know if it will be a blow out but I just can't imagine a scenario where Bears loose this game unless Cutler's head falls off. The team I am concerned about is the one that just killed the Falcons in their supposed amazing home field advantage stadium. They are the one not so great regular season record standings team that worries me and not the Seahawks
Pretty good chance that it gets knocked off. :thumbup:
I lol'd.

The Bears are by far the better team, but Cutler can win games by himself and lose games by himself. If the 'bad' Cutler shows up the Seahawks could easily win this game. Don't think it will happen though.

Green94 said:
:lmao:
XI was at Soldier Field on October 1, 2006 (the exact same season as the OT playoff win over the Hawks) and watched the Bears absolutely POUND the defending NFC Champion Seahawks 37-6 on a nationally televised Sunday night game. Bears are healthy, have one of the best assembly of coaches in the NFL with former NFL head coaches Tice, Martz, & Marinelli to go along with Lovie, and have had ample time to prepare for Seattle. This game will be over by halftime IMO. Not trying to be over confident but this is not the same Bears team that played Seattle in week 6, and the stakes are off the charts with the winner hosting the NFC Championship game next week. I haven't felt more certain about a Bears game in the last 25 years (since the '85 season).

Today will be a re-enactment of that Sunday night game I referenced from back in '06, and a total domination on both sides of the football. BTW Cutler doesn't make me nervous until next week against the Packers defense; but today he will carve up a very mediocre Seattle secondary. Hopefully the NE/NYJ game will provide some excitement to NFL fans, because the Bears game will only be fun for those rooting for the Bears...

Last edited by a moderator:
:goodposting:

Green94 said:
:homer:
XI was at Soldier Field on October 1, 2006 (the exact same season as the OT playoff win over the Hawks) and watched the Bears absolutely POUND the defending NFC Champion Seahawks 37-6 on a nationally televised Sunday night game. Bears are healthy, have one of the best assembly of coaches in the NFL with former NFL head coaches Tice, Martz, & Marinelli to go along with Lovie, and have had ample time to prepare for Seattle. This game will be over by halftime IMO. Not trying to be over confident but this is not the same Bears team that played Seattle in week 6, and the stakes are off the charts with the winner hosting the NFC Championship game next week. I haven't felt more certain about a Bears game in the last 25 years (since the '85 season).

Today will be a re-enactment of that Sunday night game I referenced from back in '06, and a total domination on both sides of the football. BTW Cutler doesn't make me nervous until next week against the Packers defense; but today he will carve up a very mediocre Seattle secondary. Hopefully the NE/NYJ game will provide some excitement to NFL fans, because the Bears game will only be fun for those rooting for the Bears...

Seahawk fans are generally good peeps

They are not an obnoxious lot, and even if they were there is no need to kick them when they are down.

Congrats on getting to the divisional round after everyone counted the Hawks out and gave them little chance even at home against the Saints. Nice to see Hass playing tough; he just doesn't have the tools around him to have tremendous success against this Bears D :thumbup:

Traders2001 said:
The Bears only have Forte as a offense ( Their receivers are probably among the least talented in the league ) so you stop the runs score 17 pts and beat the bears.Challenege the Bears passing game and Cutler to beat you , you will win.Cutler will throw a few picks , will get sacked 3 - 4 times and will make stupid decisions as always ..Hawk 23 - Bears 14
update?

Congrats to the Bears and the Bears fans. Cutler looked pretty good for his first playoff game and the Seahawks looked like a .........7-9 regular season team.

Users who are viewing this thread