What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Any Brees owners trusting Shaun Hill this week? (1 Viewer)

CrossEyed

Footballguy
Detroit has a lot of weapons and Hill has been named the starter. But is he fully healthy? Will rust play a big factor? Seems like a pretty nice matchup against the Bills. Anyone else rolling him out there this week?

If you have Hill, you have to roll with him. His numbers were great (top 5?) when he started.
Yeah, leaning that way myself. Always thought I'd be using Ryan on Brees' bye week, but the Ravens with Reed back worry me a bit. If Hill hadn't been hurt it would be a no brainer. But I guess he looked pretty good coming in cold after Stafford got hurt the first time.

I'm playing the owner of Brees this week. He picked up Derek Anderson before the news came out about Hill. I grabbed Hill just to keep him from getting him. I think my mother could post at least 12 points against Buffalo :goodposting:

Why wouldn't you, Hill has been one of the bigger QB surprises of the year, really. Guy doesn't get much love; he should have been a big pickup this week, FBGs didn't even have him on the list. According to Gray's SOS, 3 nice matchups ahead, including 3 straight home games. Hill could make a difference for teams in need down the stretch.

Anyway, if they think he's okay to start, that's good enough for me, especially against Buffalo.

FYI...

I live in the Detroit market and there's not much good being said around here re: the health of Hill. People are basically laughing at the fact the he's starting over a health Stanton considering two days ago all he could is hand off outta the shotgun. It's more of an indictment on Stanton I guess. There's also local radio hosts wondering if Swartz is pulling a fast one as to who he's starting because he's mentioned that Hill is the guy "unless he can't go".

No links, no facts, just thought I'd share what I'm hearing on the local airwaves.

Last edited by a moderator:
FYI...I live in the Detroit market and there's not much good being said around here re: the health of Hill. People are basically laughing at the fact the he's starting over a health Stanton considering two days ago all he could is hand off outta the shotgun. It's more of an indictment on Stanton I guess. There's also local radio hosts wondering if Swartz is pulling a fast one as to how he's starting because he's mentioned that Hill is the guy "unless he can't go".No links, no facts, just thought I'd share what I'm hearing on the local airwaves.
Who is getting the first team reps at practice? I doubt that he would be preparing Hill with the 1s if he really thought that Stanton would be starting.

FYI...I live in the Detroit market and there's not much good being said around here re: the health of Hill. People are basically laughing at the fact the he's starting over a health Stanton considering two days ago all he could is hand off outta the shotgun. It's more of an indictment on Stanton I guess. There's also local radio hosts wondering if Swartz is pulling a fast one as to how he's starting because he's mentioned that Hill is the guy "unless he can't go".No links, no facts, just thought I'd share what I'm hearing on the local airwaves.
Thanks for posting this. This is pretty much why I'm leaning towards Ryan right now. I read Hill will start "barring a setback". I'm going to wait until after reading the practice reports before making a decision, but with Ryan and Hill my only two options, I can't afford to bench Ryan if there is still a chance that Hill won't play.

Thanks for posting this. This is pretty much why I'm leaning towards Ryan right now. I read Hill will start "barring a setback". I'm going to wait until after reading the practice reports before making a decision, but with Ryan and Hill my only two options, I can't afford to bench Ryan if there is still a chance that Hill won't play.
Ryan/Hill owner here. This is the only reason I'm going with Ryan today. A bit too much risk with Hill for my liking. Ryan is a virtual lock for 230 and 1 with plenty of upside. Roddy White's injury status does play a role here, of course.

Last edited by a moderator:
Broken forearm was it? fractured forearm?

I remember thinking how will he clutch the ball when it's snapped? And then reading something about them rolling with a shotgun offense. Doesn't he have to clutch it to throw? Won't he use those sore muscles?

I too feel like something's missing here in the info we get.

Hill's a gamer so that won't help me understand either.

Rolling with another QB, OK with regretting it if he throws 4 TDs against Bills or somesuch

I think Hill deserves mention as aa late season flyer who could produce in his own right, not just as a one week fill-in.

Hill could be great this year and might be a great pickup period.

But couldn't he go out after one hit just like Stafford? Maybe wait and see if presented with alternatives like Young, Garrard, and maybe a couple others?

Changed my mind and rolling with Ryan. Just noticed my opponent has him in my other league. So if he goes off and beats me in one league, at least he'll go off and help me win in the other.

I've lost Romo, Stafford, Henne and have only one waiver wire move left to make. I traded for McNabb who I'm not confident in at all, and on the WW are Hill, Garrard and Sanchez. I feel Garrard is the "safest" but I like Hill's potential. Is anyone rolling with Hill for the rest of the season (for injury/benching reasons)?

I've lost Romo, Stafford, Henne and have only one waiver wire move left to make. I traded for McNabb who I'm not confident in at all, and on the WW are Hill, Garrard and Sanchez. I feel Garrard is the "safest" but I like Hill's potential. Is anyone rolling with Hill for the rest of the season (for injury/benching reasons)?
I picked up Hill in both of my leagues. Need him this week only for Rodgers' bye in one but have him as a second to Orton in another (lost Romo). I am nervous that Denver loses a couple more games and they look at the chosen one so Hill is my lottery ticket for the end of the year. He was very good when he was in and I think Stafford is done this year. Hard not to like the guy throwing to Calvin...

I wish I went with my gut and started Ryan.

FYI...I live in the Detroit market and there's not much good being said around here re: the health of Hill. People are basically laughing at the fact the he's starting over a health Stanton considering two days ago all he could is hand off outta the shotgun. It's more of an indictment on Stanton I guess. There's also local radio hosts wondering if Swartz is pulling a fast one as to who he's starting because he's mentioned that Hill is the guy "unless he can't go".No links, no facts, just thought I'd share what I'm hearing on the local airwaves.
Interesting. Thanks PR Sparty, this is why we love the homers.

I picked up Hill yesterday, but today I traded for Orton... I am thinking Orton is safer at least this week until I see how healthy Hill is...

Dr. Awesome said:
PR Sparty said:
FYI...I live in the Detroit market and there's not much good being said around here re: the health of Hill. People are basically laughing at the fact the he's starting over a health Stanton considering two days ago all he could is hand off outta the shotgun. It's more of an indictment on Stanton I guess. There's also local radio hosts wondering if Swartz is pulling a fast one as to who he's starting because he's mentioned that Hill is the guy "unless he can't go".No links, no facts, just thought I'd share what I'm hearing on the local airwaves.
Interesting. Thanks PR Sparty, this is why we love the homers.
:hot: I do not have the URL's but I remember words like "interesting" and "should be fun" from the local writers. Hopefully there is more to come this afternoon. I am looking at Freeman, Hill & Collins this week. Right now Freeman is in - my hope is Collins gets the start. It just seems too good to be true for Hill.

CrossEyed said:
Changed my mind and rolling with Ryan. Just noticed my opponent has him in my other league. So if he goes off and beats me in one league, at least he'll go off and help me win in the other.
Finally, a move that I made this year that looks like it won't kill me. Now watch Hill throw for 400 and 5 TDs.

I can't pull the trigger here. I have Rivers on bye and have Hill, Cutler and Young available. I'm going with Cutler at home for now. I need some more info. to reassure me that a banged up QB coming off of an injury and going on the road (even against a bad Buffalo team) is less risk than my other options.

im a romo and stafford owner who just picked up gerrard and hill--dont know which one im goin to start yet

Romo/Henne Owner here, who was lucky enough to get Hill from the Free agent list this week, and traded Colt McCoy for Kyle Orton this week for a moronic owner.

Probably going to roll with Orton over Hill this week - after that, who knows?

Had Stafford as my backup, now Rolling with Bradford.

I'd take Hill in a heartbeat without the injury, but I think there's too much risk.

I think it's a cointoss between a very decent day - 250yds and 2 TD's, and a bagel because he aggravates the injury in the first quarter.

So I'm going with a guy with a higher floor and a lower ceiling.

brtdud7 said:
why does this have to be for only brees owners? why cant it be for aaron rodgers owners? or anyone else?
I have Brady and Mr. Bunchen is starting to take up space on my roster. And when that happens..... I drop them and pick up Saun Hill.Dead serious.

I wish I had Brees,

I have Eli and Hill. FBG has Hill rated over Eli and the Giants against Dallas. Eli threw 4TDs 306 yards with 3 picks at Dallas week 7. The Bills are bad, but the reports were that Hilll was having problems making handoffs with the left hand. Last time Hill was at QB Calvin Johnson was below average, and came back big on Staffords return (except for the Jets Game). Lions WR Calvin Johnson played under Bills coach Chan Gailey at Georgia Tech from 2004-06. Does he know a way to take him out of the game?

we get 3 pts per td toss and .5 per passing yard.

Dallas is team that is falling apart with a possible up tick with a new head coach. Giants are the best in the NFL right now.

Just wonder about the ranking of Hill over Eli.

what do You Sharks think?

I can't pull the trigger here. I have Rivers on bye and have Hill, Cutler and Young available. I'm going with Cutler at home for now. I need some more info. to reassure me that a banged up QB coming off of an injury and going on the road (even against a bad Buffalo team) is less risk than my other options.
Well, he's not likely to get hit...

I wish I had Brees, I have Eli and Hill. FBG has Hill rated over Eli and the Giants against Dallas. Eli threw 4TDs 306 yards with 3 picks at Dallas week 7. The Bills are bad, but the reports were that Hilll was having problems making handoffs with the left hand. Last time Hill was at QB Calvin Johnson was below average, and came back big on Staffords return (except for the Jets Game). Lions WR Calvin Johnson played under Bills coach Chan Gailey at Georgia Tech from 2004-06. Does he know a way to take him out of the game?we get 3 pts per td toss and .5 per passing yard.Dallas is team that is falling apart with a possible up tick with a new head coach. Giants are the best in the NFL right now. Just wonder about the ranking of Hill over Eli.what do You Sharks think?
i love eli this week! don't have him but, if i did, i would plug him in over hill and smile the rest of the day!

Users who are viewing this thread