What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Any homer info on these WR's? (1 Viewer)

PitbullTD

Footballguy
Malcolm Kelly, WR WAS

Lavelle Hawkins, WR TEN

Brandon London, WR MIA

What are your thoughts on these three guys? NFL wise and FF wise? Will they ever amount to anything? Im most interested in Kelly and Hawkins as I hear that London is on the bubble to even make the 53 man roster in Miami.

Kelly had Fitz like Physical attributes, but I recall huge question marks with his knees. Can he overcome it? Where is he on the Depth chart? How has camp and preseason been for him? Looking at his preseason stats I see nothing impressive, but it could be decieving.

Hawkins I dont know much about.

Malcolm Kelly, WR WASLavelle Hawkins, WR TENBrandon London, WR MIAWhat are your thoughts on these three guys? NFL wise and FF wise? Will they ever amount to anything? Im most interested in Kelly and Hawkins as I hear that London is on the bubble to even make the 53 man roster in Miami.Kelly had Fitz like Physical attributes, but I recall huge question marks with his knees. Can he overcome it? Where is he on the Depth chart? How has camp and preseason been for him? Looking at his preseason stats I see nothing impressive, but it could be decieving. Hawkins I dont know much about.
I work in Nashville. I don't hear much about Hawkins, but I get the feeling he is becoming increasingly viewed as a disappointment. Struggled a bit to stay healthy and doesn't do much when he is. It's only his second year and he could turn it around, but I don't expect much this year or in the future based on what is going on now. They hope Britt is the future #1, and Fisher tends to be a bit conservative, so on the off chance Hawkins does develop into a #2 in the next couple of years, he still might not be of much use.

I'm actually curious as to any info on the WR situation in Tennessee. Seems like its still just a big blur.

Gage is the clear guy to get in Tennessee and I think he might actually have some decent fantasy value this year. Britt will contribute a bit this season, but Gage is the clear #1 for now and he has actually looked really good in the preseason (and even at the end of last season and in the playoffs). With Nate Washington out indefinitely, Gage is even more vital to the passing game.

Hawkins is unlikely to ever contribute anything.

Kelly has the best chance to play a significant role in DC (better than Devin Thomas who still can't run more than a handful of routes). I'd still stay away though, I don't expect anyone to be fantasy worthy in DC other than Moss/Cooley/Portis.

My guess is Kelly is named a starter. But, I'm not sure what kind of numbers that will translate to. My projection in May was 26-325-2 with the assumption he wouldn't be a starter. My guess at this second for Kelly would be something like 40-500-3. ARE's still going to his share as the slot receiver and Devin Thomas will see plenty of action. Oh, and the new fan favorite is Marko Mitchell who will make the team and see the field some. Some are even ranking Mitchell over Thomas, but I wouldn't put him there yet.

Once the opening day roster is set, I'll probably redo my Skins projections in the Redskins thread.

Kelly has the best chance to play a significant role in DC (better than Devin Thomas who still can't run more than a handful of routes). I'd still stay away though, I don't expect anyone to be fantasy worthy in DC other than Moss/Cooley/Portis.
I work with a serious Redskins homer and he's been saying the same things.

My guess is Kelly is named a starter. But, I'm not sure what kind of numbers that will translate to. My projection in May was 26-325-2 with the assumption he wouldn't be a starter. My guess at this second for Kelly would be something like 40-500-3. ARE's still going to his share as the slot receiver and Devin Thomas will see plenty of action. Oh, and the new fan favorite is Marko Mitchell who will make the team and see the field some. Some are even ranking Mitchell over Thomas, but I wouldn't put him there yet.Once the opening day roster is set, I'll probably redo my Skins projections in the Redskins thread.
Well said! :confused: Kelly & Thomas will be interchangable. So, even if one starts...the other might just see as much time as the other one. Unless one of them REALLY starts to perform, that's the way I see it. Other than the big 3, not much else to see in DC in regards to FF.

Users who are viewing this thread