What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Anybody Else Nervous Starting Frank Gore ? (1 Viewer)

RalphMouth

Footballguy
49's play on Monday night-

there's a very good chance Seattle will have wrapped things up a day earlier and the SF game against Atl will have no meaning so ....

I have to believe he will probably get a lot of rest or a reduced role especially knowing he has had a

tender ankle the past few weeks-

what do the Sharks think about this ??

wouldnt they still be playing to lock up the wildcard spot?

edit- even if gore plays 1 half, hes still a must start unless you are loaded at rb

Last edited by a moderator:
They do need to win I think. If they lose, they could fall to the 6th seed and the Cardinals would have the same record as they do. The Cards/49ers play in Week 17.

But yes, I'm still nervous. They have a great matchup, but Gore has 1 TD since the bye week and only 1 100yd game since then too. I'm trying to decide between Gore, Woodhead, and Vereen for my RB2 spot.

My concerns are usage.

The game has wildcard meaning cuz sf has to stay ahead of no/carolina loser and cards.

Now harbs may get cute and limit gore because harbaugh.

Honestly I hate the way they use Gore. When they run the ball they always go into some BS goalline formation with 2-3 TE they telegraph the run so much that the defenses are t'ing off on him

My flex situation has become so desperate that I'm considering starting Kendall Hunter with a championship on the line.

That said, I wouldnt be concerned about starting Gore. They still have playoff and seeding implications to play for.

I have to choose between gore and vereen and am going with gore. the bottom line is that atlanta is just so bad at stopping the run and gore isnt in his prime but still has elite skills. the clowns known as harbaugh and roman can screw gore over with the playcalling like theyve been doing recently but thats definitely a risk i can accept for the upside that i perceive.

It is very likely, not just possible, that San Francisco will have clinched a playoff spot (if Seattle beats Arizona at home) before they enter their Monday night game.

But they are going to play this game to win. First and most importantly, they want the #5 seed. If they get the #5 seed, a trip to Seattle is deferred to the NFC Championship game. Best case scenario becomes #6 seed Carolina beating Seattle in Seattle, and who knows, it could become Carolina @ SF for the NFC Championsip. So seeding is important.

And then there's the fact that this is most likely the last ever game at Candlestick. Harbaugh has already gone on record as "not wanting to be they guys who screw it up".

Users who are viewing this thread