What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Anybody Rolling With Goodson? (1 Viewer)

dmb3535

Footballguy
I know that Stewart is back and looking pretty darn good, but I am having a hard time benching Goodson this week vs Seattle. Just look at what Seattle gives up on the ground and I think they both could run for 80+ and a TD each. Are you guys still rolling with Goodson, or is it time to bench him?

I know that Stewart is back and looking pretty darn good, but I am having a hard time benching Goodson this week vs Seattle. Just look at what Seattle gives up on the ground and I think they both could run for 80+ and a TD each. Are you guys still rolling with Goodson, or is it time to bench him?
I'm having the same questions. I have him and Westbrook(and R.Mathews) as my #2 Rb's right now and I'm leaning Westbrook just because of Stewart being back healthy and ran strong last week. Also, I'm still afraid that Seattle's defense shows up and plays alittle better this week since they are rated pretty high in fantasy this week going against Carolina's O. Even if Seattle's D is bad again, I think Stewart takes more advantage but that's just MHO.As of now, I'm benching Goodson but I'm not sure I should since he's been so good to me the last three weeks...I'm thinking Westbrook isn't a bad option, but my league is non-ppr so that comes into play too.

I'm having the same questions. I have him and Westbrook(and R.Mathews) as my #2 Rb's right now and I'm leaning Westbrook just because of Stewart being back healthy and ran strong last week. Also, I'm still afraid that Seattle's defense shows up and plays alittle better this week since they are rated pretty high in fantasy this week going against Carolina's O. Even if Seattle's D is bad again, I think Stewart takes more advantage but that's just MHO.As of now, I'm benching Goodson but I'm not sure I should since he's been so good to me the last three weeks...I'm thinking Westbrook isn't a bad option, but my league is non-ppr so that comes into play too.
I'm sticking with Goodson over Stewart in a 2 PPR league. I always hate to bench a player with the hot hand, but even more importantly, I'm thinking about how the game will play out. Qwest Field is a tough place to play, and despite last week's decent showing, the Panthers are not a good team. Seattle should be able to handle the Clausen Cats, meaning the visitors will be playing from behind, limiting Stewart's value. Don't know how Goodson's lack of practice reps will affect playing time, but of the two, I like his chances better this week

I'm sticking with Goodson over Stewart in a 2 PPR league. I always hate to bench a player with the hot hand, but even more importantly, I'm thinking about how the game will play out. Qwest Field is a tough place to play, and despite last week's decent showing, the Panthers are not a good team. Seattle should be able to handle the Clausen Cats, meaning the visitors will be playing from behind, limiting Stewart's value. Don't know how Goodson's lack of practice reps will affect playing time, but of the two, I like his chances better this week
Goodson seems to be matchup proof and Clausen proof, since he's put up 3 straight games of over 100+ combined yards against Baltimore, TB, and Cleveland, with Clausen and Brian St. Pierre as his QBs. I think Goodson should be a solid play, but the only worry is his lack of practice this week and J.Stew's return. I think we'll start to see Goodson's carries dip, but he's still a strong part of the passing game, so he's a solid play in PPR leagues. In my normal league, I'm currently playing both RBs, but I might sub in Gerhart or Ivory instead of Goodson depending on injury news.

RB Mike Goodson (CAR) will make the trip to Seattle for Week 13 and is fully expected to play in Sunday's game. However, he skipped a significant chunk of practice to be with his newly born baby, so his touches may be limited.

Last edited by a moderator:
Stewart going 'home'.

Played his high school ball just down the road before heading to Oregon...

Carolina homers, who do you think Fox will be more loyal to between Stewart and Goodson?

Stewart- he ran very good last week and Fox has tended to favor veterans in the past with Stew in line to be the guy before the concussion

Goodson- has the hot hand and looked good the last several weeks but missed a lot of practice time this week

RB Mike Goodson (CAR) will make the trip to Seattle for Week 13 and is fully expected to play in Sunday's game. However, he skipped a significant chunk of practice to be with his newly born baby, so his touches may be limited.
I'm a Stewart owner but this sounds like speculation by RotoWorld. Maybe they're right but given how effective Goodson has been the past three games I'd be surprised if his role was minimized. At the very least he should be a strong RB3 option in PPR leagues because he's pretty much the only player Carolina QBs can get the ball to at the moment. I don't see how that changes this week. I think both RBs are looking real good this week. If I had Goodson and had been starting him, he'd be locked into my lineup this week.

I have both and I am probably going to start Stewart this week in a non ppr league. I think Stewart gets more carries. I also like what I saw last week with nearly 10 ypc for Stewart. I think part of Goodson's success is that the Carolina running game seems to be finally clicking, and I think Stewart should benefit from this at least as much as Goodson has. Goodson should remain in involved in the passing game but I believe Stewart is good enough to run away with getting up to 75% of the carries for the remainder of the season.

If your deciding between the two is simple. Stewart in a non PPR league and Goodson in a PPR league.

If goodson has another strong game I will call him this years Charles/Jerome harrison. RB who at the end of the fantasy year comes out of no where to post strong fantasy games. Harrison and Charles were sharring carries with other backs but were so explosive especially in the passing game they were fantasy gold. A back that gets 12 ish carries and 5-8 recpetions is worth his weight in gold in PPR leagues . Jamal Chalres is putting up good fantasy numbers sharing with Jones. Goodson can do the same and they BOTH can be fantasy relevant.

Once they fall behind by 10 or more, I would expect that Stewart will be watching from the bench.

Wow really??Cuz 10 pts is such a mountain to climb vs that vaunted Sea run D. Any coach who benches J Stew after falling behind by 10 vs such a D should be fired. Only way is if it's mid 4thQ and the clock is working against you. Otherwise, 10 pts is nothing vs a bad run D in the NFL. The key is Carolina's OL . They're starting to wake up and resemble last year's OL. This means they can support 2 productive RBs, as they've done in the past, and done very well. If Car was facing a D like Chi, NYJ, or a Pit , that would change everything. But vs SEa???? C'Mon, man!

I have goodson in but may stick westy in...ppr league here....goodson has been solid, but I'm feeling good about about westy

Be wary Goodson owners. Fox will probably favor Stewart - he has a penchant to go back to the vet. Stewart ran better than Goodson last week too based on ypc (8 ypc vs. 4) . Goodson's production came in the passing game which is unreliable (and he had that one long run after catch at the end of teh game in garbage time). I think Stewart has to be started over Goodson. Also you gotta think they want to see if they can rely on Stewart as the main back for next year. Stewart is better in pass protection so if they were being careful with him last week they certainly can be less so this week. I see a let down for Goodson owners and a much bigger slice of teh pie going to Stewart.(and I am a Goodson fan - love the way he runs).

When your lead dogs WERE Addai and Gore...Goodson is about as good as you can hope for. So, yeah I am starting him with not much confidence in the decision - but moreso than I would have with starting John Kuhn or Tashard Choice.

Users who are viewing this thread