What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Anyone but Romney (1 Viewer)

So with Santorum finally dripping out it looks like the GOP ticket is set with Romney.

I know quite a few conservatives and almost all of them did not want Romeny.

Some wanted Newt.

Some wanted what's his name? OH Ron Paul.

Many wanted Chris Christie.

But most of all it was ANYONE BUT ROMNEY.

So how long will it be before Fox offers Santorum a job?

'Flying Spaghetti Monster said:
So with Santorum finally dripping out it looks like the GOP ticket is set with Romney.I know quite a few conservatives and almost all of them did not want Romeny.Some wanted Newt.Some wanted what's his name? OH Ron Paul.Many wanted Chris Christie.But most of all it was ANYONE BUT ROMNEY.So how long will it be before Fox offers Santorum a job?
this is like tim saying he has a black friend and making generalizations about the Martin/Zimmerman case

So with Santorum finally dripping out it looks like the GOP ticket is set with Romney.

Some wanted Newt.

All those people are stupid.

Last edited by a moderator:
So with Santorum finally dripping out it looks like the GOP ticket is set with Romney.I know quite a few conservatives and almost all of them did not want Romeny.Some wanted Newt.Some wanted what's his name? OH Ron Paul.Many wanted Chris Christie.But most of all it was ANYONE BUT ROMNEY.So how long will it be before Fox offers Santorum a job?
I have not heard one person that wanted Romeny!

and yet Ron Paul can't catch a break.Dude has to just be tearing his hair out by now.
Look I really hate the guy but yea he screwed.If the grandfather of the Tea party can not rally in 2012 after the HUGE impact the tea party had in the mid terms then there is NO HOPE for...#### whats his name again.... Ron Paul.Dammit I am writing it down this time.

Some wanted Newt.

this is like tim saying he has a black friend and making generalizations about the Martin/Zimmerman case
he said QUITE A FEW

I think it has always been anyone but Obama and that has not changed.
Perhaps, but we won't know until we see the Republican voter turnout on election day.
I expect GOP turnout to be strong. Again, it is anyone but Obama and if you need to prod them a bit just remind them of Obama's "I will have more flexibility after this election"- that should scare the crap out of any center right and further person. If the economy continues to go back into neutral as recent economic data showed we have just done- then Romney has a good chance to win. The center has had no reason to be excited about Obama. They may not be excited about Romney either but they may be willing to give him a try based on his economic resume when considering 4 years of a less than desirable economy. I think it is a lock that Romney selects Rubio as his VP. I think that it will peel some votes to the ticket (more so than your normal VP pick) and if there is not real movement on the economy- Romney can win. The question is not so much on motivating the GOP voters to vote, because they will, if only to try to defeat Obama regardless of who they are voting for. The question is will the Democrats still support him and where does the center move.

Cant have our first non-christian (Romney) in the white house can we? :lol:

And a CULT member at that. :lol:

If you wanna talk about sticking to your conservative values, he is a non option. :lol:

Cant have our first non-christian (Romney) in the white house can we? :lol:And a CULT member at that. :lol:If you wanna talk about sticking to your conservative values, he is a non option. :lol:
I know this happened a long time ago but you have totally gone over the edge. Do you froth at the mouth when you type?

Cant have our first non-christian (Romney) in the white house can we? :lol:And a CULT member at that. :lol:If you wanna talk about sticking to your conservative values, he is a non option. :lol:
I know this happened a long time ago but you have totally gone over the edge. Do you froth at the mouth when you type?
So :thumbup: on the non-christian, cultist Romney in the white house that causes conservatives to denounce their stoic conservative stances.Awesome!!!*ps... love making people like Peens and co. curl up in fetal position and cry.

So :thumbup: on the non-christian, cultist Romney in the white house that causes conservatives to denounce their stoic conservative stances.Awesome!!!
The only one that appear to have a problem with Romney's religion is you. Every conservative I talk to and know could care less. Sounds like you're trying to make this a bigger issue than it really is so you can finger point.The issue is to get Obama out of office as soon as possible so this country can start recovering. I don't care if the GOP nominee is a Shaolin Monk.

So :thumbup: on the non-christian, cultist Romney in the white house that causes conservatives to denounce their stoic conservative stances.Awesome!!!
The only ones that appear to have a problem with Romney's religion is you. Every conservative I talk to and know could care less. Sounds like you're trying to make this a bigger issue than it really is so you can finger point.
Its a political tool that has been used by the conservatives forever. Now its going to be utilized against them.

The only ones that appear to have a problem with Romney's religion is you. Every conservative I talk to and know could care less. Sounds like you're trying to make this a bigger issue than it really is so you can finger point.
Its a political tool that has been used by the conservatives forever. Now its going to be utilized against them.
Well, I guess you can say that it didn't work then and it won't work now.

Isn't it fairly common in politics to be against someone, but then support that person when they are the only choice?

I thought that was SOP on both sides. :shrug:

Isn't it fairly common in politics to be against someone, but then support that person when they are the only choice?

I thought that was SOP on both sides. :shrug:
True dat. Do liberals actually believe Santorum, Paul and Gingrich supporters are going to vote for Obama?This same thing happened in 2008 with Clinton and Obama. The Clinton supporters all ended up voting for Obama in the end.

Isn't it fairly common in politics to be against someone, but then support that person when they are the only choice?I thought that was SOP on both sides. :shrug:
True dat. Do liberals actually believe Santorum, Paul and Gingrich supporters are going to vote for Obama?This same thing happened in 2008 with Clinton and Obama. The Clinton supporters all ended up voting for Obama in the end.
They may not vote.

Isn't it fairly common in politics to be against someone, but then support that person when they are the only choice?I thought that was SOP on both sides. :shrug:
They may not vote.
That's wishful thinking on your part and a highly unlikely scenario.

They may not vote.
That's wishful thinking on your part and a highly unlikely scenario.
Then they vote for the ANTI-Christian person. Betting many would gun shy.

So :thumbup: on the non-christian, cultist Romney in the white house that causes conservatives to denounce their stoic conservative stances.Awesome!!!*ps... love making people like Peens and co. curl up in fetal position and cry.
You have issues. Mormons mirror the conservative stances of evangelical Christians- so, what in the world are you yapping about?

You have issues. Mormons mirror the conservative stances of evangelical Christians- so, what in the world are you yapping about?
Moving the goalpost. :pics: Suckers.

They may not vote.
As well as all those people who voted for Obama last time on the strength of hope and change... the spent the last 3 years whining or ignoring the lack of hope and change. But that does support your political pron sessions. huh?

You have issues.

Mormons mirror the conservative stances of evangelical Christians- so, what in the world are you yapping about?
Stuff like this
'CrossEyed said:
I think it's pretty well known in Evangelical churches that Mormons teach many things that are incompatible with what we believe the Bible teaches. This isn't news.
That is theological and not political. Again, Mormons mirror the conservative stances of evangelical Christians.

You have issues.

Mormons mirror the conservative stances of evangelical Christians- so, what in the world are you yapping about?
Stuff like this
'CrossEyed said:
I think it's pretty well known in Evangelical churches that Mormons teach many things that are incompatible with what we believe the Bible teaches. This isn't news.
That is theological and not political. Again, Mormons mirror the conservative stances of evangelical Christians.
He was yapping about the theological differences. He knows they'll hold their noses and vote for him anyway.

You have issues.

Stuff like this
'CrossEyed said:
He was yapping about the theological differences. He knows they'll hold their noses and vote for him anyway.
Then he has no idea what he is yapping about because the conservative values are not theological. And if he was yapping about that, does he not know that Santorum is Catholic? There are theological differences there as well. Basically- he is yapping without having a clue. Don't try to clean up his messes. You are better than that.

The only one that appear to have a problem with Romney's religion is you. Every conservative I talk to and know could care less. Sounds like you're trying to make this a bigger issue than it really is so you can finger point.The issue is to get Obama out of office as soon as possible so this country can start recovering. I don't care if the GOP nominee is a Shaolin Monk.
And vote back in someone from the party that started us down the slope? :lmao: What sucks is that there isn't a viable third party candidate that would tell both of the corporate parties to shove it and return government back to the people. Obama is spoon fed by GE and the unions and the right side is spoon fed laws by ALEC. :kicksrock:The biggest issue the right is going to have is that their recent policies are driving women to the left in droves.

And vote back in someone from the party that started us down the slope?
Oh great. "This party is better than that party!" "This guy's party did that, so they're bad!" You're exactly what's wrong with this country. Congrats.

Anyone but Romney

Did Romney Choose the Wrong Vacant Factory?

Mitt Romney used a shuttered drywall plant in Ohio as a backdrop for his message that President Obama has failed to create jobs, the Cleveland Plain Dealer reports.

The only problem: The plant closed four years ago during President George W. Bush's administration.

You have conservative friends? lol

Anyone but Romney

Did Romney Choose the Wrong Vacant Factory?

Mitt Romney used a shuttered drywall plant in Ohio as a backdrop for his message that President Obama has failed to create jobs, the Cleveland Plain Dealer reports.

The only problem: The plant closed four years ago during President George W. Bush's administration.
And it's still not filled after almost 3 1/2 years of failed policy. What's the problem?

Users who are viewing this thread