What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Anyone else lose because of the QB/WR designation (1 Viewer)

Time Kibitzer said:
That's what you get for playing in yahoo, lesson learned. You guys should move your league to ESPN or MFL for next year.
I've played both ESPN and Yahoo leagues, and i have to say, Yahoo leagues are far superior. The difference is so huge to me that I do all that's in my power to not play ESPN.

2- If you didn't complain about Webb being designated a WR from the moment that he appeared on the Minny depth chart at QB, then it is too late to complain now.
Yahoo has been doing this for years, with varying degrees of justification -- ranging from the ludicrous (Marques Colston NEVER played TE, but Yahoo listed him at TE) to the plausible (Woodhead was a WR last year).Regardless of the circumstances, this is something that your league should have addressed a long time ago. Otherwise, you must abide by Yahoo's rules. To expect your commissioner to step in at this point (to the benefit of YOU and YOU ONLY) is far more unethical than starting Webb in the first place.

2- If you didn't complain about Webb being designated a WR from the moment that he appeared on the Minny depth chart at QB, then it is too late to complain now. If an owner had raised the issue in their league before he became a big factor, you would probably have had an easy time getting a consensus to not allow him to be played at QB. Complaining after he's been used and has beaten you is way too late. Outside the hardest of the hardcore dynasty players and Minnesota fans, who can honestly say they knew who Joe Webb was and what position he played? How can you then complain about a guy you don't know exists? It would only be applicable when you notice a guy starting Joe Webb as a WR against you that week.
What you are saying is on par with the argument that ignorance is an excuse for the law. Saying that only people who knew about a certain player could be responsible enough to do anything about that certain player is no different than saying only people who know about certain law can be responsible for doing anything about that certain law.
3- Why aren't those who are mad about Webb also complaining about Josh Cribbs? What about when Miami was using the wildcat with great effectiveness? There are usually anomalies with positions every season. Those can add and also subtract from player values depending on your league rules. This is not uncommon. Josh Cribbs, Danny Woodhead, et al were not listed as 2 completely different scoring positions. In 99% of leagues, QB's score different than RB's and WR's. In 99% of non-PPR leagues, RB's and WR's score the same. To have the ability to have an extra player at a position that scores higher than the other (QB vs WR) then it is an unfair advantage created by the host site and not fully available for everyone to exploit. Only the first guy who notices the loophole.
Then your problem isn't the Yahoo eligibility rule. Your problem is your league's scoring rules that make a less than average QB score MORE than a better than average WR or RB.
4- Bottom line is, whatever the rule was when the draft occurred HAS to still be the rule until the season is over. I do not blame any owner for using Webb as a WR in a Yahoo league. The same opportunity was there for all owners. Some rules can be ammended during the season when an unusual situation occurs. This qualifies as an unforseen situation that drastically affects the integrity of the league.
Seriously?!?!? Rules should NEVER be changed midseason.... EVER!!! The only exception our league would ever make to this is something so dire that 100% of the players agree to make the rule change midseason. This has never happened in our legaue, but could. The only time I have ever seen the list of league rules even modified midseason is when a rule had to be ADDED because the commish had to make a decision where no rule existed for him to use in making his decision. With the lack of rule, a rule had to be adopted midseason. In the case of Joe Webb, there is no lack of a rule for the commish's decision. If an owner questioned Joe Webb's eligibility to start at WR, the commish just has to look at Yahoo's existing eligibility rule to explain why Webb IS eligible at WR. The only way a commish could say Joe is NOT eligible at WR is to IGNORE an existing rule and make up a new one in its place.
5- Bad luck and good luck are big aspects of fantasy football, maddening as that can be. Having Webb become so relevant in the fantasy playoffs is simply part of the luck factor, not unlike Jerome Harrison last year. But unlike Jerome Harrison or Jamaal Charles, he was used not at the position that he played.
According to Yahoo's rule, that doesn't even matter. A player can be eligible at a position, according to Yahoo's rule, for no other reason than the team listed the player at that position sometime before the season started. This isn't the first time a player has had eligibility at a position he's never played a down at. That being said, Joe Webb DID play downs at WR in week 13 because the Vikings were plagued with WR injuries.

No, YOU (and many other people, of course) didn't know who Joe Webb was. He has been talked about as the Vikes' "QB of the future" since his performance in mini-camp in June. If you want to notice value before the other owners in your league you will need to do more homework. Notice how Josh Cribbs is referenced as a comparison in this story from June: http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/...ArksUUUycaEacyU

Josh Cribbs is a QB/WR who can also lineup at RB. He is listed as WR most places. If they discovered he was a really good thrower like Webb apparently is, his FF value would go way up because you would be able to use a player generating QB points at the WR position. This has been the case for a couple of years with Cribbs. Kordell Stewart was another example.

It is not about who notices the loophole, because it isn't a "loophole". It is, like everything else in this hobby, about recognizing fantasy football value before your leaguemates do. Somebody in each Yahoo league figured out that Webb had potential hidden fantasy value this season because he was listed as a WR but had impressed the coaches in the summer enough that Minnesota considered him to be a promising QB. Webb was the third QB every week of the season, so him being at that position was no secret. You could read his name every week on the inactives' list, each time listed as a QB by Minnesota. I don't think there were any Vikings' homers who were unaware of Webb.

When Favre began taking a beating this season, the value of both Tarvaris Jackson and Joe Webb went up. On Monday, Dec 13 when Tarvaris Jackson went down, Webb's Yahoo value jumped significantly again. If everybody in your league was appalled to discover that day for the first time that Webb was listed as a WR, they could have complained to the commissioner and undoubtedly could have asked for an in-season ruling that declared Webb ineligible to be played as a WR in your league. Once an owner picked Webb up, whether it was before Dec 13th or afterward, you can't change the rule to penalize the owner who understood Webb's value first. Changing the rule after he's been picked up amounts to cheating, whether it is done unilaterally by the commissioner or collectively by the other complaining owners. I would immediately cash out and leave any league that seriously entertained doing that.

Anybody whose feelings got hurt because Joe Webb wasn't on their radar until last week should do more homework and less complaining IMHO.
I'm seeing a trend here. So what you're telling me is that Joe Webb is a QB. So if someone were to pick him up, they should be starting him as a QB. To start him as a WR after you've clearly made the case of him being a QB would be taking advantage of a loophole created by lazy Yahoo site management would it not? Thanks for clearing that up.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am assuming someone bumped this article - indicating he was drafted to play WR.

Joe Webb started his career at UAB as a quarterback, switched to wide receiver after a "quarterback controversy" in 2007, moved back to quarterback in 2008 and now enters the NFL as a receiver.

The Vikings selected Webb in the sixth round with the 199th overall pick. Webb said the Vikings want him as a receiver but also might use him in special packages such as the Wildcat.

"Right now, I'm just going up there freely, open to whatever they want me to do," Webb said. "If they want me to get some reps at quarterback, that's fine. But I'm just trying to work my way in."

"It's based on what the coaches want me to do," he added. "Right now they want to see me at receiver and see how can I improve there. As time goes on, if they want to see what I've got at quarterback, I'm all for it. I'm pretty open right now. I just want to go out there and play some football."

No, YOU (and many other people, of course) didn't know who Joe Webb was. He has been talked about as the Vikes' "QB of the future" since his performance in mini-camp in June. If you want to notice value before the other owners in your league you will need to do more homework. Notice how Josh Cribbs is referenced as a comparison in this story from June: http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/...ArksUUUycaEacyU

Josh Cribbs is a QB/WR who can also lineup at RB. He is listed as WR most places. If they discovered he was a really good thrower like Webb apparently is, his FF value would go way up because you would be able to use a player generating QB points at the WR position. This has been the case for a couple of years with Cribbs. Kordell Stewart was another example.

It is not about who notices the loophole, because it isn't a "loophole". It is, like everything else in this hobby, about recognizing fantasy football value before your leaguemates do. Somebody in each Yahoo league figured out that Webb had potential hidden fantasy value this season because he was listed as a WR but had impressed the coaches in the summer enough that Minnesota considered him to be a promising QB. Webb was the third QB every week of the season, so him being at that position was no secret. You could read his name every week on the inactives' list, each time listed as a QB by Minnesota. I don't think there were any Vikings' homers who were unaware of Webb.

When Favre began taking a beating this season, the value of both Tarvaris Jackson and Joe Webb went up. On Monday, Dec 13 when Tarvaris Jackson went down, Webb's Yahoo value jumped significantly again. If everybody in your league was appalled to discover that day for the first time that Webb was listed as a WR, they could have complained to the commissioner and undoubtedly could have asked for an in-season ruling that declared Webb ineligible to be played as a WR in your league. Once an owner picked Webb up, whether it was before Dec 13th or afterward, you can't change the rule to penalize the owner who understood Webb's value first. Changing the rule after he's been picked up amounts to cheating, whether it is done unilaterally by the commissioner or collectively by the other complaining owners. I would immediately cash out and leave any league that seriously entertained doing that.

Anybody whose feelings got hurt because Joe Webb wasn't on their radar until last week should do more homework and less complaining IMHO.
I'm seeing a trend here. So what you're telling me is that Joe Webb is a QB. So if someone were to pick him up, they should be starting him as a QB. To start him as a WR after you've clearly made the case of him being a QB would be taking advantage of a loophole created by lazy Yahoo site management would it not? Thanks for clearing that up.
If you call a multiple position eligibility rule (that yahoo has used for years and years and years in all of it's fantasy sports in addition to football, that in this instance has been brought up as a question of "fairness" for no other reason than the whacked out scoring rules your league chose for different positions) a loophole... then sure it's "a loophole" by that definition. :banned: on your argument of semantics!

If you call a multiple position eligibility rule (that yahoo has used for years and years and years in all of it's fantasy sports in addition to football, that in this instance has been brought up as a question of "fairness" for no other reason than the whacked out scoring rules your league chose for different positions) a loophole... then sure it's "a loophole" by that definition. :popcorn: on your argument of semantics!
Comparing Yahoo's multiposition rule from other sports is pointless. QB and WR are 2 completely different positions. IT would be like fantasy baseball having an outfielder with Pitcher ability as well. Plugging in a LF to a pitching spot would help dominate a league. So keep arguing like our scoring system is out of whack, its not. 1 pt every 25 yards passing, 4 pts a TD pass. QBs get the ball more and have more opportunity to score. WRs may get 1-5 looks a game depending on their ability and their QB's ability. QBs in general will score more in a game than a WR. To use a QB at the WR is bogus. If you look at it as gambling and win at all costs, I get it. You make the move cause its there. If you're playing with friends and win because you started a 2nd QB as a WR, you're a tool.

I am assuming someone bumped this article - indicating he was drafted to play WR.

Joe Webb started his career at UAB as a quarterback, switched to wide receiver after a "quarterback controversy" in 2007, moved back to quarterback in 2008 and now enters the NFL as a receiver.

The Vikings selected Webb in the sixth round with the 199th overall pick. Webb said the Vikings want him as a receiver but also might use him in special packages such as the Wildcat.

"Right now, I'm just going up there freely, open to whatever they want me to do," Webb said. "If they want me to get some reps at quarterback, that's fine. But I'm just trying to work my way in."

"It's based on what the coaches want me to do," he added. "Right now they want to see me at receiver and see how can I improve there. As time goes on, if they want to see what I've got at quarterback, I'm all for it. I'm pretty open right now. I just want to go out there and play some football."
This doesn't help your case.

Your still playing under Yahoo! Fantasy Sports rules by using Webb as a WR. Your a complete ######## if you complain about it.

If you call a multiple position eligibility rule (that yahoo has used for years and years and years in all of it's fantasy sports in addition to football, that in this instance has been brought up as a question of "fairness" for no other reason than the whacked out scoring rules your league chose for different positions) a loophole... then sure it's "a loophole" by that definition. :thumbup: on your argument of semantics!
Comparing Yahoo's multiposition rule from other sports is pointless. QB and WR are 2 completely different positions. IT would be like fantasy baseball having an outfielder with Pitcher ability as well. Plugging in a LF to a pitching spot would help dominate a league. So keep arguing like our scoring system is out of whack, its not. 1 pt every 25 yards passing, 4 pts a TD pass. QBs get the ball more and have more opportunity to score. WRs may get 1-5 looks a game depending on their ability and their QB's ability. QBs in general will score more in a game than a WR. To use a QB at the WR is bogus. If you look at it as gambling and win at all costs, I get it. You make the move cause its there. If you're playing with friends and win because you started a 2nd QB as a WR, you're a tool.
If a below average QB scores more points in your scoring system than an above average WR or RB, then your scoring system is out of whack.

If you call a multiple position eligibility rule (that yahoo has used for years and years and years in all of it's fantasy sports in addition to football, that in this instance has been brought up as a question of "fairness" for no other reason than the whacked out scoring rules your league chose for different positions) a loophole... then sure it's "a loophole" by that definition. :) on your argument of semantics!
Wipe your runny nose, Jackwagon. Webb is both a receiver and a QB and has played both this season. Your league classified him as a WR this season. You didn't do your homework, didn't know who he was, and are mad because your league didn't dumb itself down to your level. If you spent your time researching NFL players instead of typing out the plaintive wail of failure on message boards, perhaps you'd fare better in your competitions.This is what happens when a generation grows up with everyone getting a trophy whether they won or lost.

If you call a multiple position eligibility rule (that yahoo has used for years and years and years in all of it's fantasy sports in addition to football, that in this instance has been brought up as a question of "fairness" for no other reason than the whacked out scoring rules your league chose for different positions) a loophole... then sure it's "a loophole" by that definition. :goodposting: on your argument of semantics!
Wipe your runny nose, Jackwagon. Webb is both a receiver and a QB and has played both this season. Your league classified him as a WR this season. You didn't do your homework, didn't know who he was, and are mad because your league didn't dumb itself down to your level. If you spent your time researching NFL players instead of typing out the plaintive wail of failure on message boards, perhaps you'd fare better in your competitions.This is what happens when a generation grows up with everyone getting a trophy whether they won or lost.
No this is what happens when a generation grows up thinking it can justify whatever sleezy move they make to make them feel better about being a complete tool. Used to be people were looked down upon for being cheaters. Now its encouraged I guess. Way to win on a loophole. I guess I have my integrity but you wouldnt understand what that means since you would have to have a conscience to enjoy it.

If you call a multiple position eligibility rule (that yahoo has used for years and years and years in all of it's fantasy sports in addition to football, that in this instance has been brought up as a question of "fairness" for no other reason than the whacked out scoring rules your league chose for different positions) a loophole... then sure it's "a loophole" by that definition. :thumbup: on your argument of semantics!
If a below average QB scores more points in your scoring system than an above average WR or RB, then your scoring system is out of whack.
And yet a majority of people apparently that discovered the loophole chose that below average QB over above average WR's the last 2 weeks. I guess all their systems are out of wack. Or perhaps most leagues scoring systems have QBs score more points than WR's. :shrug: :goodposting:

Your still playing under Yahoo! Fantasy Sports rules by using Webb as a WR. Your a complete ######## if you complain about it.
Of course you are if you play in a random league with no commissioner. You'd be an ####### for staying in a league like that.

Wipe your runny nose, Jackwagon. Webb is both a receiver and a QB and has played both this season. Your league classified him as a WR this season. You didn't do your homework, didn't know who he was, and are mad because your league didn't dumb itself down to your level. If you spent your time researching NFL players instead of typing out the plaintive wail of failure on message boards, perhaps you'd fare better in your competitions. This is what happens when a generation grows up with everyone getting a trophy whether they won or lost.
No this is what happens when a generation grows up thinking it can justify whatever sleezy move they make to make them feel better about being a complete tool. Used to be people were looked down upon for being cheaters. Now its encouraged I guess. Way to win on a loophole. I guess I have my integrity but you wouldnt understand what that means since you would have to have a conscience to enjoy it.
It isn't cheating if it is within the rules, especially when this situation is not an uncommon one. Joe Webb is just one of many multi-position players who have appeared in the fantasy football world, as has been well-chronicled in this thread. You can throw yourself down and pound the ground with your flailing arms and legs all day long, but just know that the rest of the world is laughing at you. And while you are congratulating yourself on your "integrity" you are also taking the position that it is perfectly fine to change the rules of your league in the middle of the season so as to penalize one of your "friends" simply because you haven't heard of a player before. THAT is cheating and it isn't even debatable. You have no integrity at all. Make a New Year's resolution to do more homework and less squealing like a stuck pig. Or consider giving up your fantasy football hobby for something like knitting or gardening.

Wipe your runny nose, Jackwagon. Webb is both a receiver and a QB and has played both this season. Your league classified him as a WR this season. You didn't do your homework, didn't know who he was, and are mad because your league didn't dumb itself down to your level. If you spent your time researching NFL players instead of typing out the plaintive wail of failure on message boards, perhaps you'd fare better in your competitions. This is what happens when a generation grows up with everyone getting a trophy whether they won or lost.
It isn't cheating if it is within the rules, especially when this situation is not an uncommon one. Joe Webb is just one of many multi-position players who have appeared in the fantasy football world, as has been well-chronicled in this thread. You can throw yourself down and pound the ground with your flailing arms and legs all day long, but just know that the rest of the world is laughing at you. And while you are congratulating yourself on your "integrity" you are also taking the position that it is perfectly fine to change the rules of your league in the middle of the season so as to penalize one of your "friends" simply because you haven't heard of a player before. THAT is cheating and it isn't even debatable. You have no integrity at all. Make a New Year's resolution to do more homework and less squealing like a stuck pig. Or consider giving up your fantasy football hobby for something like knitting or gardening.
:goodposting: I would adjust the rules to make it so that a QB could not be played as a WR. Guess I'm the sleeze ball here. This thread is a sad commentary on the people that play in yahoo leagues. As much as I complain about CBS, its 1000 times better than the farce that is yahoo.

If this happened to Jesus in his fantasy football league he would just turn the other cheek.

I blame Lombardi and his "winning is the only thing" philosphy.

If you call a multiple position eligibility rule (that yahoo has used for years and years and years in all of it's fantasy sports in addition to football, that in this instance has been brought up as a question of "fairness" for no other reason than the whacked out scoring rules your league chose for different positions) a loophole... then sure it's "a loophole" by that definition. :shrug: on your argument of semantics!
And yet a majority of people apparently that discovered the loophole chose that below average QB over above average WR's the last 2 weeks. I guess all their systems are out of wack. Or perhaps most leagues scoring systems have QBs score more points than WR's. :shrug: :popcorn:
Most leagues scoring systems ARE out of whack. You're not pointing out anything that's not already common knowledge. If anything good comes out of Webb questioning, it will be that many leagues come to realize just how stupid their scoring rules are when a below average QB scores more in their scoring system than an above average WR. The worst thing that could come out of it is that people who play according to the rules are labled as the unethical ones, and commishes that do the most unethical thing a commish could do (change the rules in midseason) are praised as being ethical.

:popcorn: I would adjust the rules to make it so that a QB could not be played as a WR.
Game rules are adjusted all the time.... EXCEPT in the middle of a game. Every year our league has changed or adopted at least one rule in the offseason, usually more. Changing a rule in the middle of the game though is ludicrous, unless it's a dire situation that has unanimous approval from every person in the league.

If you call a multiple position eligibility rule (that yahoo has used for years and years and years in all of it's fantasy sports in addition to football, that in this instance has been brought up as a question of "fairness" for no other reason than the whacked out scoring rules your league chose for different positions) a loophole... then sure it's "a loophole" by that definition. :popcorn: on your argument of semantics!
This doesn't make any sense whatsoever. Websites such as MFL, CBS Sportsline, Rotoworld, ESPN and every other fantasy football website except for Yahoo didn't have Webb eligible at WR when he was starting as a QB. So to imply that anyone who complains about this as an immature baby is flat out wrong especially when it defies common sense of starting a QB at WR.Though I do believe the blaming yahoo is wrong since everyone knows this has been an issue with Yahoo for a while. The op's league should have a rule such as the player's position is based on the depth charts at Rotoworld (or another reputable site) regardless of what yahoo has. That would clear issues like this or the ridiculous Colston at TE a few years ago.

:thumbup: I would adjust the rules to make it so that a QB could not be played as a WR.
Game rules are adjusted all the time.... EXCEPT in the middle of a game. Every year our league has changed or adopted at least one rule in the offseason, usually more. Changing a rule in the middle of the game though is ludicrous, unless it's a dire situation that has unanimous approval from every person in the league.
Not when a QB is being played as a WR it isnt, thats just setting things right.

:shrug: I would adjust the rules to make it so that a QB could not be played as a WR.
Not when a QB is being played as a WR it isnt, thats just setting things right.
No one who seriously believes this should ever, EVER play in a Yahoo league. Yahoo's multiple position eligibility rules has been a staple of all of their fantasy sports leagues for years. This isn't the first, nor the last time, it will produce tools who cry "THAT'S NOT FAIR!"

Another reason why no league should allow waiver wire pickups during the playoffs. All waivers are completed at the end of the regular season and you go through the playoffs with who's on your squad. To be able to pick up a guy during the championship week and have him win you the title, is asinine IMO.

Another reason why no league should allow waiver wire pickups during the playoffs. All waivers are completed at the end of the regular season and you go through the playoffs with who's on your squad. To be able to pick up a guy during the championship week and have him win you the title, is asinine IMO.
I had Webb on the team (deep rosters) at week 12 when I saw there was a chance of this whole thing coming to fruition.

I had Webb on the team (deep rosters) at week 12 when I saw there was a chance of this whole thing coming to fruition.
Nice to see people who do homework get rewarded! :yes:

GridironMenace said:
Really not a factor here. I'm not a proponent of having waivers during the playoffs. BUT, were I to try to convince a FF league to not have waivers during the playoffs, I would certainly not be bringing up Joe Webb as an example. Why? Because everybody in the room would look at me sideways, wondering what in tarnation Joe Webb has to do with the matter at hand.

Yahoo needs to get its act together with player designations. I remember when they had Colston listed as a Tight End. That was good money back in those days for the lucky few that played Colston as their TE.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/...bell_could.html

Uh oh. "Cheaters" all over the Yahoo universe can add Joshua Cribbs today and watch their WR take snaps at QB. Brace yourself for more whining! :confused:
You are pretty hopeless if you can't see the difference between Cribbs lining up for a couple plays as a wildcat and running the offense as a QB for the whole game.
What if Cribbs plays QB much of the game because the wildcat is wildly successful and throws some TD passes? You don't know how much or how well he will play at QB. That is the point you have failed to grasp with this whole discussion. There are some multi-position players in the NFL. Websites classify them at one position. There are always going to be hidden-value players because of their versatility. Your argument shows an astonishing level of hypocrisy. It's okay for Cribbs to be used as a fantasy WR even if he is lining up as a QB because you, with all your infinite wisdom, have decided he won't rack up enough stats to matter, but Webb-owners are sleazy cheaters! And even they were fine until Webb had the audacity to score more points at QB than you thought and your little fantasy team took a beating! :shock: Then you top it off with the righteous position that the commissioner should change the rules in the middle of the fantasy playoffs so that your "friend" is penalized and you get to win! ROFLMAO!

Uh oh. "Cheaters" all over the Yahoo universe can add Joshua Cribbs today and watch their WR take snaps at QB. Brace yourself for more whining! :thumbup:
You are pretty hopeless if you can't see the difference between Cribbs lining up for a couple plays as a wildcat and running the offense as a QB for the whole game.
What if Cribbs plays QB much of the game because the wildcat is wildly successful and throws some TD passes? You don't know how much or how well he will play at QB. That is the point you have failed to grasp with this whole discussion. There are some multi-position players in the NFL. Websites classify them at one position. There are always going to be hidden-value players because of their versatility. Your argument shows an astonishing level of hypocrisy. It's okay for Cribbs to be used as a fantasy WR even if he is lining up as a QB because you, with all your infinite wisdom, have decided he won't rack up enough stats to matter, but Webb-owners are sleazy cheaters! And even they were fine until Webb had the audacity to score more points at QB than you thought and your little fantasy team took a beating! :wub: Then you top it off with the righteous position that the commissioner should change the rules in the middle of the fantasy playoffs so that your "friend" is penalized and you get to win! ROFLMAO!
If Cleveland said before the game that Cribbs would be their #1 starting QB, then I would have the same problem as I do with Webb being played as a WR. However, he wasn't. Your argument is like saying Roy Oswalt should be able to be played as an OF all season because he played it in one game (which he did and even caught a flyball against Houston). So Roy should have dual eligibility due to him having actually played OF. As for my league, I'm the commish in a CBS league so I don't have this problem since Webb is listed as a QB. There is no ridiculous nonsense as dual eligibility. If there was a situation that occured, I would bring it to the league's attention and have them vote on the decision. If they felt it was fine, then I'd let it go and change it for next year. If the majority felt it was wrong, I'd change it in season. FYI, Not that it matters but I didn't make the playoffs in that league this year and no one picked up Joe Webb because he was listed as a QB and there are better QBs out there.

What if Cleveland said before the game that Cribbs would be the #1 QB, and you forbid the Cribbs owner from playing him at WR...and then once the game gets underway, Cribbs only throws 5 passes before being shifted back to his RB/WR/KR combo role?

The point is...you either need to accept the fact that some players play multiple positions (Brad Smith, Cribbs, Webb, Woodhead - doesn't matter if the mix is QB/WR, RB/WR, or DT/K like Suh) etc or you need to eliminate it entirely. You compromise your own integrity when you say that it's okay if it only happens 3 times a game, but not if it happens for the whole game. Fundamentally, there is absolutely no difference.

Your argument is like saying Roy Oswalt should be able to be played as an OF all season because he played it in one game (which he did and even caught a flyball against Houston). So Roy should have dual eligibility due to him having actually played OF.
That is NOT how Yahoo's multiple eligibilty rule even works. Do you even understand how the Yahoo rule works? If you did, you couldn't believe that what you wrote above is even applicable as an example. The only way you could use the above as an example is if you don't understand how Yahoo's rule works. I'm pretty certain that you don't.

Your argument is like saying Roy Oswalt should be able to be played as an OF all season because he played it in one game (which he did and even caught a flyball against Houston). So Roy should have dual eligibility due to him having actually played OF.
:rant:Since OF's accumulate hitting stats, I am pretty sure you don't want to play Oswalt as an OFer.It does happen in baseball though. Pujols comes to mind, when he switched from 3b to 1b. He was eligible as a 3b based on his prior year, but primarily played 1b - so whoever was able to play him as a 3b got a bonus.

:rant:Since OF's accumulate hitting stats, I am pretty sure you don't want to play Oswalt as an OFer.It does happen in baseball though. Pujols comes to mind, when he switched from 3b to 1b. He was eligible as a 3b based on his prior year, but primarily played 1b - so whoever was able to play him as a 3b got a bonus.
Of course, that is the solution that Yahoo could have defaulted to - only award Receiving and Rushing stats for players listed as RB/TE/WR

Uh oh. "Cheaters" all over the Yahoo universe can add Joshua Cribbs today and watch their WR take snaps at QB. Brace yourself for more whining! :hifive:
What if Cribbs plays QB much of the game because the wildcat is wildly successful and throws some TD passes? You don't know how much or how well he will play at QB. That is the point you have failed to grasp with this whole discussion. There are some multi-position players in the NFL. Websites classify them at one position. There are always going to be hidden-value players because of their versatility. Your argument shows an astonishing level of hypocrisy. It's okay for Cribbs to be used as a fantasy WR even if he is lining up as a QB because you, with all your infinite wisdom, have decided he won't rack up enough stats to matter, but Webb-owners are sleazy cheaters! And even they were fine until Webb had the audacity to score more points at QB than you thought and your little fantasy team took a beating! :lmao: Then you top it off with the righteous position that the commissioner should change the rules in the middle of the fantasy playoffs so that your "friend" is penalized and you get to win! ROFLMAO!
If Cleveland said before the game that Cribbs would be their #1 starting QB, then I would have the same problem as I do with Webb being played as a WR. However, he wasn't. Your argument is like saying Roy Oswalt should be able to be played as an OF all season because he played it in one game (which he did and even caught a flyball against Houston). So Roy should have dual eligibility due to him having actually played OF. As for my league, I'm the commish in a CBS league so I don't have this problem since Webb is listed as a QB. There is no ridiculous nonsense as dual eligibility. If there was a situation that occured, I would bring it to the league's attention and have them vote on the decision. If they felt it was fine, then I'd let it go and change it for next year. If the majority felt it was wrong, I'd change it in season. FYI, Not that it matters but I didn't make the playoffs in that league this year and no one picked up Joe Webb because he was listed as a QB and there are better QBs out there.
You are open about your willingness to cheat your fellow owners. I admire your honesty. Most cheats lie and steal to try to cover their tracks. You are open about being a cheat and a thief. Bravo!

:confused:Since OF's accumulate hitting stats, I am pretty sure you don't want to play Oswalt as an OFer.It does happen in baseball though. Pujols comes to mind, when he switched from 3b to 1b. He was eligible as a 3b based on his prior year, but primarily played 1b - so whoever was able to play him as a 3b got a bonus.
Of course, that is the solution that Yahoo could have defaulted to - only award Receiving and Rushing stats for players listed as RB/TE/WR
So by extension, only award passing stats for players listed as QB...and Vick owners are screwed.Someone said this earlier in the thread, and it's worth repeating. Those who are on the "let Webb be started in the WR slot" are the ones playing by the (Yahoo) rules. The rest of you are the ones looking for loopholes.

Uh oh. "Cheaters" all over the Yahoo universe can add Joshua Cribbs today and watch their WR take snaps at QB. Brace yourself for more whining! :excited:
What if Cribbs plays QB much of the game because the wildcat is wildly successful and throws some TD passes? You don't know how much or how well he will play at QB. That is the point you have failed to grasp with this whole discussion. There are some multi-position players in the NFL. Websites classify them at one position. There are always going to be hidden-value players because of their versatility. Your argument shows an astonishing level of hypocrisy. It's okay for Cribbs to be used as a fantasy WR even if he is lining up as a QB because you, with all your infinite wisdom, have decided he won't rack up enough stats to matter, but Webb-owners are sleazy cheaters! And even they were fine until Webb had the audacity to score more points at QB than you thought and your little fantasy team took a beating! :unsure: Then you top it off with the righteous position that the commissioner should change the rules in the middle of the fantasy playoffs so that your "friend" is penalized and you get to win! ROFLMAO!
You are open about your willingness to cheat your fellow owners. I admire your honesty. Most cheats lie and steal to try to cover their tracks. You are open about being a cheat and a thief. Bravo!
Lol, whatever. Point is, Yahoo is a failed host site. A safehaven for people who like to cheat. Enjoy.

"Lol, whatever. Point is, Yahoo is a failed host site. A safehaven for people who like to cheat. Enjoy."

-Insein (perfect moniker btw)

We finally are in agreement. You belong on Yahoo. :link:

Make sure you tell those "friends" in your league that you are perfectly willing to change the rules in the middle of the season if you can get enough trailing owners to band together, "commissioner".

:lmao: Since OF's accumulate hitting stats, I am pretty sure you don't want to play Oswalt as an OFer.

It does happen in baseball though. Pujols comes to mind, when he switched from 3b to 1b. He was eligible as a 3b based on his prior year, but primarily played 1b - so whoever was able to play him as a 3b got a bonus.
So by extension, only award passing stats for players listed as QB...and Vick owners are screwed.Someone said this earlier in the thread, and it's worth repeating. Those who are on the "let Webb be started in the WR slot" are the ones playing by the (Yahoo) rules. The rest of you are the ones looking for loopholes.
:shrug: F'ing cheaters! :lmao:

wow, Y-gen vs Baby boomer fight... :shrug: Don't worry Y-Gen, the X Gen blames the sleezy Boomers for everything too :lmao:

Users who are viewing this thread