What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Anyone Else Wondering if McNabb Is a Sell High? (1 Viewer)

FFdork

Footballguy
Let me start by saying I got McNabb at a huge bargain in one of my drafts, so I've been very pleased with him and don't want to trade him. HOWEVER, as I watched Westy miss the game with what looks like a chronic issue, Stallworth hurt his hamstring (again), and Reggie Brown go off with a shoulder injury I started to get concerned.

Don't get me wrong. I think McNabb will continue to put up nice numbers. Anyone that was productive with Todd Stinkston and Freddy Mitchell can be productive with Hank Baskett and L.J. Smith. Still, I'm wondering if anyone else thinks now is a good time to unload McNabb at peak value before he falls back to the pack?

Sidebar: any homer info on the seriousness of the injuries to his playmakers is appreciated as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
McNabb will continue to be productive. If you saw the game yesterday you must have noticed how McNabb took over and rushed for 2 TDs when his playmakers were out. He'll always find ways to be productive and Philly will always keep throwing so I don't think you'd be much better off with anyone else as QB. FWIW, I saw Reggie Brown back on the field after his injury.

Look at his schedule. So far, he's had four of the easiest matchups that he'll have all year.

So yes, he's a sell-high candidate.

The question is, what can you get for him? Obviously, you can't expect to get Peyton straight up for McNabb. Which QB would you trade him for? Or would you trade him for a second-tier QB and a very good RB/WR?

I'd be curious to hear what people are willing to give up for McNabb.

I have the same question. I think his value is at an all time high. While, I agree that he should continue to put up solid numbers, he has been unbelievable for the first part of the season. I was looking at making a move for someone like Hasselbeck and either Maroney or T. Bell. I think that would be a good fair trade.

As a McNabb owner, I'm not giving him up for anything. I get enough weekly points for the QB spot, that I'll at least have a shot in every game, even if most of my team tanks. The only other guy who can do that is Peyton, but McNabb is doing it better right now, regardless who his weapons are.

Having watched McNabb, he looks as spry as ever. I have no concerns about his running. He's been putting up huge passing numbers to date as well. Those may slow down, but he'll finish top 3 easy.

Look at his schedule. So far, he's had four of the easiest matchups that he'll have all year. So yes, he's a sell-high candidate. The question is, what can you get for him? Obviously, you can't expect to get Peyton straight up for McNabb. Which QB would you trade him for? Or would you trade him for a second-tier QB and a very good RB/WR?I'd be curious to hear what people are willing to give up for McNabb.
I tried to trade McNabb last week. Looked at getting a legit WR1 (Holt, Harrison, etc). I also tried to package him with T Jones and get a decent RB2, or low-end RB1.I got no bites. But, I made sure to send out an email last night (when McNabb got his 35th point which gave me the win) to all the owners thanking them for not taking me up on my offers.PS....I have been looking at the owner who had LT2 and Hasselback. May try and make a move for both of them, especially after their subpar weeksI got a few emails back this morning saying that they were kicking themselves for not making the deal.I expect offers to come in...don't know if I want to trade him now though.But, his schedule does get much more difficult. I am confused as to what to do

I think his value is absolutely at an all-time high mainly because the skill position players are breaking down and while that did not hurt Mcnabb last night it will take it's toll as the season progresses.

Stallworth's hamstring is looking like a chronic situation, Westbrook has been battling a knee all year, Brown hurt his shoulder and LJ Smith has cropped up on the injury report twice already.

In my league, the McNabb owner also has Manning. I'm going after one of them in a trade, but I'm not sure which one he'd consider expendable.

All I know is that he is wasting a lot of points on his bench each week.

I was about to sober up the McNabb owner in my league regarding McNabb's easy early schedule. But beforehand I decided to look at the rankings of fantasy points given up to QB's by defenses. His schedule doesn't ever really get difficult. Rtsports includes this report now. I removed McNabb's own games and re-ranked. He has thus far faced the 26th, 29th, 30th, and 31st ranked QB fantasy defenses

His remaining schedule he faces the: 10th, 24th, 25th, 18th, 28th, 27th, 16th, 23rd, 28th, 29th, 10th.

I was about to sober up the McNabb owner in my league regarding McNabb's easy early schedule. But beforehand I decided to look at the rankings of fantasy points given up to QB's by defenses. His schedule doesn't ever really get difficult. Rtsports includes this report now. I removed McNabb's own games and re-ranked. He has thus far faced the 26th, 29th, 30th, and 31st ranked QB fantasy defenses
Good find, that is great info.Also keep in mind that a big part of the reason the D's he faced are ranked so low is that he has torched every team he faced so far. McNabb is making these Defenses bad.

Look at his schedule. So far, he's had four of the easiest matchups that he'll have all year.

So yes, he's a sell-high candidate.

The question is, what can you get for him? Obviously, you can't expect to get Peyton straight up for McNabb. Which QB would you trade him for? Or would you trade him for a second-tier QB and a very good RB/WR?

I'd be curious to hear what people are willing to give up for McNabb.
FWIW, I'm offering the McNabb owner Michael Vick and a RB3 (F Taylor or A Green).

McNabb no longer has Westbrook, Brown or Stallworth. He's in the exact situation as a year ago when he got hurt trying to do everything himself. Trade him now for whatever you can get, it will be better than the zeros and dead roster space he'll provide when he gets hurt again.

Brown, sprained AC joint. Expected to practice Wednesday.

Stallworth, hamstring strain (same one) will be held out of practice Wednesday.

Westbrook, knee- "Pretty good chance" he will be held out of practice Wednesday.

Good find, that is great info.Also keep in mind that a big part of the reason the D's he faced are ranked so low is that he has torched every team he faced so far. McNabb is making these Defenses bad.
That's what I thought until I removed McNabb's games. The rankings I posted are game average fantasy points surrendered to QB's by each defense but I removed McNabb's own games from the average calculations for the defenses he already faced.

That may be what the numbers say now, but look at his playoff schedule:

w14: @WAS

w15: @NYG

w16: @DAL

I doubt those will look like easy matchups when we get to December.

FFdork said:
Let me start by saying I got McNabb at a huge bargain in one of my drafts, so I've been very pleased with him and don't want to trade him. HOWEVER, as I watched Westy miss the game with what looks like a chronic issue, Stallworth hurt his hamstring (again), and Reggie Brown go off with a shoulder injury I started to get concerned.

Don't get me wrong. I think McNabb will continue to put up nice numbers. Anyone that was productive with Todd Stinkston and Freddy Mitchell can be productive with Hank Baskett and L.J. Smith. Still, I'm wondering if anyone else thinks now is a good time to unload McNabb at peak value before he falls back to the pack?

Sidebar: any homer info on the seriousness of the injuries to his playmakers is appreciated as well.
Methinks you answered your own question, chief.

Bucks said:
I was about to sober up the McNabb owner in my league regarding McNabb's easy early schedule. But beforehand I decided to look at the rankings of fantasy points given up to QB's by defenses. His schedule doesn't ever really get difficult. Rtsports includes this report now. I removed McNabb's own games and re-ranked. He has thus far faced the 26th, 29th, 30th, and 31st ranked QB fantasy defenses His remaining schedule he faces the: 10th, 24th, 25th, 18th, 28th, 27th, 16th, 23rd, 28th, 29th, 10th.
Thank you. This is what I was looking for.I own Mcnabb and I can honestly say it's not LT that is carrying my team in that league...it's McNabb...I needed 25 from him last night and I got 42...he just keeps tearing it up.The injuries are worrisome though.

That may be what the numbers say now, but look at his playoff schedule:w14: @WASw15: @NYGw16: @DALI doubt those will look like easy matchups when we get to December.
Washington just got into a 36-30 shootout with Jax....Philly D is not as good as many other topnotch defenses so they are going to have to score points...lots of them. They didn't against the NY Giants so they paste SF for 38 and then they post 31 on GB...they know 30 is where they want to be in just about every game. NYGiants? They can't stop anyone. Mcnabb will slice right thru themDallas? Let's see what happens this week but that may be their toughest test in the FF playoffs for sure...3 games all on the road.I hear people wanting to trade for Manning str8 up...can't say I blame you but what happens when Indy is 12-2, or 13-1 and has the playoff home field wrapped up and your stuck with Manning for maybe 1 half...not good.

I know this has already been stated, but look at the 4 defenses he has faced:

Houston

NYG

SF

Green Bay

That, along with injuries around him makes me think his production will decrease significantly. I would think his value is as high as it will get all year ..

I know this has already been stated, but look at the 4 defenses he has faced:

Houston

NYG

SF

Green Bay

That, along with injuries around him makes me think his production will decrease significantly. I would think his value is as high as it will get all year ..
But just how far down can he go? He is outpacing the avg QB in most leagues by almost 12-14 pts a week...eventually he has to slow downa bit but he has the capability to explode. Rex Grossman, Charlie Frye, and David Carr are riding the pine in most leagues even if they have been outscoring Matt Hasselbeck week in and week out. Other than the Manning Bros, no one you would feel comfortable starting is anywhere close. If you have McNabb you are likely 3-1, or maybe even 4-0 at this point in the season. Can't be very many owners out there 0-4 with Mcnabb...if so I'd like to see their rosters.Sort by:Average Fantasy Points/Fantasy Points/Passing Yards

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Rush Rush Rush Fum Fan Avg

# Pos Quarterback NFL GP Att Comp Yds TDs Int Att Yds TDs Lost Pts Pts

--- --- --------------------- --- -- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ----- ----- ----- -----

1 QB McNabb,Donovan PHI 4 143 85 1248 9 1 16 86 2 1 118.0 29.50

2 QB Batch,Charlie PIT 1 25 15 209 3 0 7 17 0 1 24.2 24.20

3 QB Manning,Eli NYG 3 113 75 893 8 5 1 0 0 1 71.8 23.93

4 QB Manning,Peyton IND 4 140 86 1112 6 1 6 3 2 0 91.0 22.75

5 QB Grossman,Rex CHI 4 125 78 1061 8 3 6 1 0 0 81.8 20.45

6 QB Frye,Charlie CLE 4 125 79 866 5 7 17 58 3 2 80.1 20.02

7 QB Carr,David HOU 4 111 81 865 7 2 14 30 1 3 78.3 19.57

8 QB Pennington,Chad NYJ 4 122 82 1015 6 2 8 22 0 2 75.8 18.95

9 QB Leftwich,Byron JAX 4 136 86 893 5 5 21 39 2 0 75.7 18.92

10 QB Vick,Michael ATL 4 90 45 522 3 2 38 333 1 0 75.5 18.88

11 QB Kitna,Jon DET 4 150 98 1081 4 3 7 19 1 2 75.0 18.75

12 QB Bulger,Marc STL 4 141 84 1039 5 0 8 -6 0 2 71.5 17.88

13 QB Favre,Brett GB 4 164 93 1055 6 5 3 -5 0 1 71.3 17.82

14 QB Brady,Tom NE 4 133 72 891 6 3 10 30 0 2 68.6 17.15

15 QB Brees,Drew NO 4 138 91 1069 4 2 9 -3 0 2 67.3 16.82

16 QB Palmer,Carson CIN 4 120 75 917 6 4 8 5 0 4 66.5 16.63

17 QB Bledsoe,Drew DAL 3 91 48 662 5 4 2 3 0 0 49.5 16.50

18 QB Brunell,Mark WAS 4 118 77 950 4 2 6 22 0 0 63.9 15.98

19 QB Hasselbeck,Matt SEA 4 125 77 854 6 7 6 32 0 0 63.0 15.75

20 QB Warner,Kurt ARI 4 123 77 916 5 5 8 5 0 3 61.4 15.35

21 QB Losman,J.P. BUF 4 111 71 797 3 1 10 41 1 2 61.0 15.25

22 QB Smith,Alex SF 4 133 74 906 3 2 12 53 0 1 60.7 15.18

23 QB Culpepper,Daunte MIA 4 134 81 929 2 3 11 20 1 0 59.5 14.88

24 QB McNair,Steve BAL 4 131 73 746 5 3 10 23 0 0 56.7 14.18

25 QB Johnson,Brad MIN 4 136 81 927 2 3 8 21 0 1 53.6 13.40

26 QB Delhomme,Jake CAR 4 137 79 808 3 1 5 9 0 3 52.4 13.10

27 QB Huard,Damon KC 3 66 47 481 3 0 3 12 0 2 36.9 12.30

28 QB Rivers,Philip SD 3 68 46 488 3 1 7 12 0 0 36.7 12.23

29 QB Simms,Chris TB 3 106 58 585 1 7 4 7 1 0 33.1 11.03

30 QB Plummer,Jake DEN 3 86 44 567 2 4 5 7 0 1 33.1 11.03

31 QB Collins,Kerry TEN 3 90 42 549 1 6 0 0 0 0 25.6 8.53

32 QB Whitehurst,Charlie SD 1 0 0 0 0 0 1 14 1 0 7.4 7.40

33 QB Young,Vince TEN 3 52 24 288 2 3 10 27 0 1 22.2 7.40

The QBs in red have a majority of the higher drafted QBs in them and are likely on the field most weeks right now.

H.K. said:
McNabb no longer has Westbrook, Brown or Stallworth. He's in the exact situation as a year ago when he got hurt trying to do everything himself. Trade him now for whatever you can get, it will be better than the zeros and dead roster space he'll provide when he gets hurt again.
You're aware he got hurt early in week 1, right?He was hurt last year and 2002. I wouldnt consider that an injur risk.

menobrown said:
I think his value is absolutely at an all-time high mainly because the skill position players are breaking down and while that did not hurt Mcnabb last night it will take it's toll as the season progresses.Stallworth's hamstring is looking like a chronic situation, Westbrook has been battling a knee all year, Brown hurt his shoulder and LJ Smith has cropped up on the injury report twice already.
There's some pro/con here....Skill position players breaking down, but also on the defensive side, so McNabb will have to keep up.Easy schedule vs the #31, #30, #27, and #24 defenses in the league (yes you read that right), but... look at the rest of his schedule, he's got two tough matchup with CAR and JAC (who Brunell threaded), but those are both at home, the rest of the way looks pretty cakey. He may not have a slew of 4TDs game down the road, but make sure you keep his long-term potential in perspective. The week 9 bye is nice to plan around as well, as players you are still convinced on here after Week 4 (but turn out to be a bust) can be dropped by then for a filler.

But just how far down can he go? He is outpacing the avg QB in most leagues by almost 12-14 pts a week...eventually he has to slow downa bit but he has the capability to explode. Rex Grossman, Charlie Frye, and David Carr are riding the pine in most leagues even if they have been outscoring Matt Hasselbeck week in and week out. Other than the Manning Bros, no one you would feel comfortable starting is anywhere close. If you have McNabb you are likely 3-1, or maybe even 4-0 at this point in the season. Can't be very many owners out there 0-4 with Mcnabb...if so I'd like to see their rosters.
First off, paste giant globs of data ESPECIALLY in table format using the tags wrapping it.Second... I've got someone in mine with an 0-4 team with McNabb in an expert league, who is also near the bottom in total points. 12 teams/16 playersMcNabbTOChad JohnsonLaMont JordanJamal LewisCrumplerKasaySea DGo figure...

Yeah, I always look to trade a player who's averaging more than 30 pts per game. :crazy:Get a grip people.....
Why not... if you are suffering at one position... and can get a good QB in return. Say if you got Steve Smith, Gregg Jenning, & Eli Manning for McNabb and a kicker...

Yeah, I always look to trade a player who's averaging more than 30 pts per game. :crazy:Get a grip people.....
Why not... if you are suffering at one position... and can get a good QB in return. Say if you got Steve Smith, Gregg Jenning, & Eli Manning for McNabb and a kicker...
Why doesn't the guy go ahead and let you screw his sister, mistress, and wife if you are getting all that for McNabb.

I just have to add the fact that Philly scores almost everything through the air (i.e Stallworth, Westy reception & score, and when they don't there's a strong probability McNabb runs it in, see yesterday), and with Buck being involved in two cough ups yesterday I don't see that changing anytime soon. So add that all up and basically anytime Philly scores, in what is a pretty dynamic offense, there's a very high probability McNabb is putting up 6+ fantasy pts.

In years past I'd say Westbrook being out would hurt their offense immensely, and it definitely does witnessed by yesterday's slow start... but with the addition of Stallworth, they still have a number of good weapons through the air for him to get the job done.

I love it when people look a gift horse in the mouth. McNabb will contiune to put up good numbers and that is a fact. He might lay a stinker now and then, but he will average 20-25 points a game for the year.

You can say what you want, but anyone who wants to trade out of that is just plain dumb.

My McNabb offers..from early last week, were: Favre and K.Jones and Brady, Edge, CJ for McNabb, FWP,and Housh. I passed on both. I am still looking for a trade.

I love it when people look a gift horse in the mouth. McNabb will contiune to put up good numbers and that is a fact. He might lay a stinker now and then, but he will average 20-25 points a game for the year.

You can say what you want, but anyone who wants to trade out of that is just plain dumb.
:rolleyes: Thanks for the insight. What if you can trade him for another QB that also averages 20-25 and improve your team somewhere else?As the topic starter, let me try to clarify my point. McNabb will put up good numbers the rest of the year, BUT if the injuries around him cause his numbers to come down some, I think it makes sense to consider trading him at his peak value. A lot of people in this thread are asking what QB you would trade McNabb straight up for--I think that's asking the wrong question (because the only answer to me is P. Manning, which is tough to pull off). To put it another way, if McNabb's numbers = Carson Palmer's from weeks 5-16 and you could get a person in your league to trade you Palmer and player B for McNabb and player C, where player B is an upgrade over player C, you would want to do that.

I'm not saying McNabb will drop off, I'm just asking the question based on some of the red flags going up. I'm a McNabb owner, so I would prefer he keeps playing at this level and winning me games. Based on his hot start, there's a good chance McNabb finishes as a top 3 QB for the year, but unless your league awards $ for for that, it doesn't help you much if he performs below 3-4 other QBs from this point forward and you could have moved him at peak value to improve your team.

:rolleyes: Thanks for the insight. What if you can trade him for another QB that also averages 20-25 and improve your team somewhere else?As the topic starter, let me try to clarify my point. McNabb will put up good numbers the rest of the year, BUT if the injuries around him cause his numbers to come down some, I think it makes sense to consider trading him at his peak value. A lot of people in this thread are asking what QB you would trade McNabb straight up for--I think that's asking the wrong question (because the only answer to me is P. Manning, which is tough to pull off). To put it another way, if McNabb's numbers = Carson Palmer's from weeks 5-16 and you could get a person in your league to trade you Palmer and player B for McNabb and player C, where player B is an upgrade over player C, you would want to do that.

I'm not saying McNabb will drop off, I'm just asking the question based on some of the red flags going up. I'm a McNabb owner, so I would prefer he keeps playing at this level and winning me games. Based on his hot start, there's a good chance McNabb finishes as a top 3 QB for the year, but unless your league awards $ for for that, it doesn't help you much if he performs below 3-4 other QBs from this point forward and you could have moved him at peak value to improve your team.
Well said.It is allowed in fantasy football to trade your studs. I think.

I will probably hold on to McNabb because I think I have enough to go all the way. But, I can see thousands of situations where trading McNabb is a good thing. And there is no better time than now, while he is at his peak.

I have been offered McNabb, Addai and Gates for FWP, TJones and Heath Miller. I am concisdering this and...

...I am debating countering with Gore (4 fumbles in 4 weeks scares me) for McNabb.

But the Injuries arrounnd him scare me and giving a RB for a QB scares me to.

I wasn't looking to trade McNabb but was made an offer tonight I couldn't refuse:

McNabb

Droughns

Buckhalter (owner has Westbrook)

A. Bryant (owner has A. Smith)

for

Bledsoe/Romo (already had his bye week)

T. Barber (already had his bye week)

Harrison

Scoring: 6 pts all TD's, 1 pt/10 yds rushing/receiving, 1 ppr, 1 pt/25 yds passing

Lineups: 2 QB's, 2 RB's, 3 WR's, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DST, 2 Flex (RB, WR or TE)

Why I made the trade:

1) I LOVE McNabb, but feel he is due to come back to earth a tad, especially since Westbrook, Stallworth and Brown are all banged up.

2) Bledsoe may not pass for as many yards but since Dallas has a respectable running game and very good receiving corp, I feel confident Bledsoe will be a better than average producer. My other two QB's are Pennington and C-Pep, so I will play best 2 of 3 based on matchups.

3) I pick up TWO bye weeks and this also helps cover me for a bye week issue later on as McNabb and Pennington were both in off week 9.

4) I upgrade my RB's (Tiki is now my RB2 behind LJ and ahead of Foster, Bush, Norwood, Jones-Drew, Turner.

5) I upgrade my WR's (Harrison is now my WR1 ahead of Roy Williams, Cotchery, Evans and R. Smith)

6) The owner I traded with is NOT in my division and we have already played each other so McNabb can only hurt me H2H in the playoffs.

7) Overall, I feel I improved my team's scoring consistency which in the long-run will improve my chances at the playoffs as we use the CBS Power Rankings (combo of H2H, total pts and overall wins) to determine our two wildcard teams.

I feel good about my trade and am not looking for comments good or bad about it...I hope my trade analysis provides some food for thought to other owners looking to trade / trade for McNabb. Good luck to all!

:shrug: I'm kinda assuming that most people would rather not play FF with their ######ed cousin I guess.

I traded him before this weekend.

Gave up

Mcnabb

FWP

for

Portis

Culpepper

Delhomme was my backup, and I needed a quality RB with a softer playoff schedule.

I wasn't "shoppin" Mcanabb.

I was shopping FWP, and the owner offered that blockbuster to me, so I took it.

To bump this up.I just traded McNabb, R Bush, TO.forP Manning, T Bell, and Randy Moss.
I know two people in your league who hated their draft. :) It seems quite even, actually.McNabb=ManningBush<T.BellOwens>Moss
I actually like my team. I just hate sitting around. I dont know how anyone can say McNabb=Manning. SO far, McNabb has been better, but if I had to bet I would say from here on out Manning gets more points.I mostly made the deal to get Tatum. I had bye week problems week 7...not anymore!

Brutal schedule over the last 7 or 8 weeks of the season..factor in the cold weather, injuries are mounting up ..etc..

I'd wait a few more weeks, then trade him as a `sell high` candidate..

Brutal schedule over the last 7 or 8 weeks of the season..factor in the cold weather, injuries are mounting up ..etc..I'd wait a few more weeks, then trade him as a `sell high` candidate..
Where exactly does that schedule get brutal? I am really getting tired of this assumption. Week 9 BYE Nov 12 Washington 1:00pm Nov 19 Tennessee 1:00pm Nov 26 @Indianapolis 1:00pm Dec 4 Carolina 8:30pm Dec 10 @Washington 1:00pm Dec 17 @N.Y. Giants 1:00pm Dec 25 @Dallas 5:00pm Dec 31 Atlanta 1:00pm Washington is giving up 230 yds and 2 TDs thru the air...they get to play them twice!TN and Indy are not scary at all...in fact they might be viewed as possible juicy match ups.Carolina is not a bull on defense right nowThe Giants??? Please, they have had a blowtorch taken to their secondary so far this season, McNabb will do it again to them.Dallas??? OK, but at the end of the season, playoffs looming, the game may play a lot different. That schedule is just fine.

Brutal schedule over the last 7 or 8 weeks of the season..factor in the cold weather, injuries are mounting up ..etc..I'd wait a few more weeks, then trade him as a `sell high` candidate..
Now may be a better time than in a few weeks, 3 of 4 teams Philly has played so far have been garbage teams and they're looking at Dallas, New Orleans (who seems to have a vastly improved defense) and Tampa Bay (seems to have taken a turn for the worse). But still I don't think his stock gets any higher than it is right now. With that said I still think he'll finish in the top 3 as far as fantasy points go this year, Philly won't stop tossing the ball!!

Washington is giving up 230 yds and 2 TDs thru the air...they get to play them twice!
This will change when (if?) Shawn Springs is starting again.
No it will not. Springs has been in the league almost 10 years now, and he was awesome when he first got in the league much like Charles Woodson...to me he is simply an avg to slightly above avg CB at this point. And this injury has kept him out over a month so far...maybe he won't have any impact this season. Springs is getting old at 31...his best days are behind him.

Washington is giving up 230 yds and 2 TDs thru the air...they get to play them twice!
No it will not. Springs has been in the league almost 10 years now, and he was awesome when he first got in the league much like Charles Woodson...to me he is simply an avg to slightly above avg CB at this point. And this injury has kept him out over a month so far...maybe he won't have any impact this season. Springs is getting old at 31...his best days are behind him.
:goodposting: McNabb actually has a nice schedule ahead of him. Injury would be the only reason to get rid of him now. (to him, or most of his weapons)If you are the owner of the number one scorer in fantasy football, you hold on and enjoy the ride.

I think Springs return will help the Redskins immensely.The Redskins have basically the same D they had last year. They have Adam Archuleta instead of Ryan Clark and they added Andre Carter. So, unless losing Ryan Clark was a devestasting blow, the only major difference is the absense of Shawn Springs.

The Redskins D is definately giving up lots of yards and big plays through the air. They don't blitz as much and they are not as aggressive. When/if Springs returns, the Redskin D may look more like it did last year.

Going into the season, I thought McNabb was primed for a great season. He has played well before, and without the TO headache, he is set to do it again. I predict McNabb will be one of the top qbs (1 or 2) going forward and see no drop off, barring a McNabb injury.

Also remember, McNabb is a very good runner, although he has not run much lately. If there are significant injuries to other Philly players, I exepct to see more running from McNabb, which will futher bolster his fantasy numbers.

I think Springs return will help the Redskins immensely.The Redskins have basically the same D they had last year. They have Adam Archuleta instead of Ryan Clark and they added Andre Carter. So, unless losing Ryan Clark was a devestasting blow, the only major difference is the absense of Shawn Springs.

The Redskins D is definately giving up lots of yards and big plays through the air. They don't blitz as much and they are not as aggressive. When/if Springs returns, the Redskin D may look more like it did last year.
Archuleta and Sean Taylor are better at run support than they are on pass defense, that's a fact. Springs is not a shutdown CB at this stage in his career. He was not Darrell Green or Champ Bailey or any of the other really top notch DBs the Skins have had over the years. You are basically trying to convince me to unload Mcnabb because Shawn Springs might....M-I-G-H-T improve the Skins a bit on pas defense...that's ridiculous, sorry.

Users who are viewing this thread