What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Anyone go RB-RB-RB in their draft? (1 Viewer)

I never planned to, but I ended up having to do this yesterday. Picking from the 2 spot in a 12 team 1/2 PPR, 2 RBs/2 WRs & 1 RB/WR flex

Rice

SJax

Gore

Marshall

Manningham

Boldin

Stafford

Then I lost track ;-)

Felt there was a big WR dropoff right where I was picking (Nicks was the last one remaining and he was picked at 2.10), and with a flex starter spot I thought this was the best value. Still, very happy with the way this worked out, but we'll see. In retrospect I maybe should have grabbed Jennings or Austin there, but the RB value was just so much higher at that point.

I drafted last night, and ended up going rb-rb-rb. It is a ppr league, with a flex that can be a qb. The Quarterbacks flew off the board, and I just kept going rb. Here is how it turned out, drafting out of the 2 spot of a 14 team league;

Adrian Peterson

Rashard Mendenhall

Maurice Jones - Drew

I took the guys above in the first three rounds - then went wr/wr and got Stevie Johnson and Marques Colston....ended up having to take Cassel and Garrard as my qbs. Hoping the three running backs can overpower some teams.

Decided to go with this strategy the other night. Here are the 1st couple rounds...pretty happy with the outcome...

14 team PPR. Start QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, Flex

1.04 -- Jamal Charles

2.11 -- Matt Forte

3.04 -- Ahmad Bradshaw

4.11 -- Santonio Holmes

5.04 -- Steve Johnson

6.11 -- Matt Stafford

7.04 -- Santana Moss

8.11 -- Sam Bradford

Just went RB-RB-RB in the tackle heavy leg of the FBG IDP Survivor leaguefoster at 1.1, then scooped up forte and gore at 2.12, 3.1Didnt really want to get on the back end of a qb or wr run since those were flying off the board. Its true it does kinda restrict you for the rest of the draft, but at the same time, being best ball, im fine fielding a qb by committee, and patching together a nice deep wr core albeit without the true #1....It has its risks especially in a 2RB/3WR/1flex, and you can't go into the draft planning on it, but if the right guys fall it doesnt hurt to lock up your rb position early IMObtw just got mike williams at 4.12 and took dallas clark at 5.1
True, but in the same league, I went RB-WR-RB-WR-WR-RB, and I don't even think my RBs are that worse than yours, and my supporting cast is MUCH better.Which would YOU rather have through 6 rounds (PPR Scoring)?A (Going RB for top 3)Arian FosterFrank GoreMatt ForteMike Willams (TB)Dallas ClarkPaul PoslusznyB (spreading out the RBs)LeSean McCoyPeyton HillisKnowshon MorenoLarry FitzgeraldSteve JohnsonAnquan BoldinBy Spreading out the RB love, I am only slightly behind you in RBs, and considerably ahead at WR. RB just seems to be one of the deepest positions this season, and going RB-RB-RB this year just seems like a bad idea.

It wasn't my original intention, but I did it in a work league last night. I ended up with the following, drafting out of the 11 spot...

QB - Josh Freeman

QB - Sam Bradford

RB - Chris Johnson (1.11)

RB - Darren Mcfadden (2.02)

RB - Ahmad Bradshaw (3.11)

RB - Reggie Bush

RB - Willis McGahee

WR - Miles Austin (no idea why he slipped to the fourth, it was a work league, but most other picks were rather normal)

WR - Percy Harvin

WR - Mike Thomas

WR - Nate Burleson

WR - Lee Evans

K - Cundiff

D - Atlanta

1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1FLEX, TE, DEF, K -- PPR League. Scoring favors pass catching RB's and has a -.5 pts per incompletion by QB.

I too went RB-RB-RB intentionally. I ended up with a very similar team as the OP:

Rice

SJax

Gore

Holmes

Dez Bryant

A. Collie

Stafford

(Etc...)

Still prefer RB-RB-RB. I ended up going RB-RB-WR-RB due to the pace of the draft, but I still think RB early is the most proven winning strategy based on VBD.

I was totally prepared to do it in the FBG IDP Survivor league (ppr)...

7th pick Would have been:

1) MJ Drew

2) R Mendenhall (was RWayne)

3) P Hillis

4) P Harvin

5) would have been StJohnson/MManningham (was D Williams)

6) --idp RMathis

7) R Grant

8) C Ochocinco

9) J Jones

10) E Manning

11) S Bradford

12) D McNabb

13) idp

14) idp

15) idp

16) L Kendrick

17) P Burress

Last edited by a moderator:
I went RB-RB-RB in league 11 of the Ultimate Survivor. I am normally very WR heavy, but the value fell at RB. I like the way it turned out.

Charles

Chris Johnson

Gore

Lloyd

Maclin

Britt

Ryan

S Smith (CAR)

Edwards

Olsen

Ringer

Orton

Z Miller

Hunter

C McCoy

F Davis

Sanders

Dam Williams

I'm loving the look of some of these RB heavy drafts. It seems like half of my league is trying to employ the upside down drafting method, which has lead to some nice RB value falling to me. In a recent 12 team non PPR draft from the 7 spot, I got:1. Mendenhall2. McFadden3. Forte4. Ingram5. Lloyd6. Santonio7. B. Roeth8. Santana Moss9. Stafford10. Jacoby Ford11. Nate BurlesonAccording to the Draft Dominator, I got 4 of the top 15 overall players based on my league settings. This league starts 1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 W/R, and 1 TE. It seems risky to grab a guy in the 4th round who won't be starting week 1, but every year it seems like a team with stacked RBs rolls into the #1 seed of the playoffs. I've been thinking about this strategy for a while and I think my team is going to be a force. I'll work the wire to strengthen my WR and TE, but I doubt the competition for those players will be as desperate as it'll be for RBs. We have three teams with the following RB1s: Beanie Wells, Ryan Matthews, and Knowshon Moreno. They will be claiming RBs every week.
That's a fine, fine team. You can go RB-RB-RB (or in this case RBx4) if you have selected, targeted, sliding WRs in mind like Lloyd.

I also had a weird draft in which I ended up going 4 RB in a row, which is very much not like me.

I had the 4th pick in a 12 team league that is PPR. We start QB RB WR TE R/W R/W R/W/T K D

Jamaal Charles- RB KC

Steven Jackson- RB STL

Peyton Hillis- RB CLE

DeAngelo Williams- RB- CAR

Brandon Lloyd- WR- DEN

Ben Roethlisberger- QB- PIT

Rob Gronkowski- TE- NE

Mike Thomas- WR- JAC

Julio Jones- WR- ATL

Pittsburgh- D- PIT

Tony Gonzales- TE- ATL

Cam Newton- QB- CAR

Nate Kaeding- K- SD

Denarious Moore- WR- OAK

Going 3 straight RB isnt outdated in a league that still starts only 2 WR and and is capable of starting 3 RBs with a flex. The league's starting requirements is outdated, not the strategy. I can never understand why a league would allow you to start more RBs than WRs but I would always look to take advantage of what it is.

10 Team PPR - 2 Flex, can start up to 3 Rb. QBs/WR fly off the board, so I just kept taking best RB available:

4th Pick

Rice

MJD

DMC

Bowe

Romo

Felix

Nicks (keeper)

Dallas Clark

Collie

The other Manning

Addai

Lance Moore

Gronkowski NE

Jacoby Ford

Tolbert

I did have Nicks as a keeper, so it made it a no brainer, but even w/out Nicks I you can't pass on those guys if they are there.

Just went rb-rb-rb out of the 3 spot, went surprisingly well imo.

10 team, 1 PPR, 0.1 PPC - Start 2 RB, 1 RB/WR, 2 WR

1.03 Ray Rice

2.08 Steven Jackson

3.03 Peyton Hillis

4.08 Peyton Manning (couldnt pass on him)

5.03 Chad Ochocinco

6.08 Mario Manningham

7.03 Austin Collie

8.08 Julio Jones

9.03 Danny Woodhead

10.08 Willis Mcgahee

11.03 Eli Manning

12.08 Rob Gronkowski

13.03 Lee Evans

14.08 Lance Kendricks

15.03 San Diego D/ST

16.08 Stephen Gostkowski

Just did it due to the WRs I was targeting in the 2nd/3rd not being available.

12 team, 1 QB, 2 RB, 3WR, 1 TE, 1 flex RB/WR/TE, K, D 1/10 rush, 0.75 ppr, 1/15 receive, 6 pts all TDs

1.3 Rice

2.10 Forte

3.3 Felix

4.10 Bowe

5.3 Santonio

6.10 Harvin

Happy with the way the draft started but will have to sort out a QBBC.

12 teams - 2 RBs / 2 WRs / 1 RB-WR flex

1 - Charles

2 - Hillis

3 - Ingram

4 - D Bryant

5 - S Holmes

6 - Witten

7 - Stafford

8 - Bush

9- Freeman

10 - AJ Green

11 - Patriots

12 team, 2 RB (0.5 ppr) 3 WR (1 ppr) 1 flex

1.04 McCoy

2.09 SJax

3.04 Felix

4.09 Dez

5.04 Steve Johnson

6.09 Manningham

7.04 Schaub

8.09 Gronk

9.04 D. Bess

10.09 Tate (draft was same day as Foster's injury)

11.04 McGahee

I just don't see it any more, unless there was a WR or QB run in the second round. I could only do it if 3rd round I'll still looking at a top 10 RB. In a PPR league you are giving up to much to pick up a second RB2 and looking into the 4th round for your #1 WR from a field (lower half)second (third/fourth probably) tier WRs. In a 10 team league probably still happens more often.

10 Team PPR - 2 Flex, can start up to 3 Rb. QBs/WR fly off the board, so I just kept taking best RB available:4th PickRiceMJDDMCBoweRomoFelixNicks (keeper)Dallas ClarkCollieThe other ManningAddaiLance MooreGronkowski NEJacoby FordTolbertI did have Nicks as a keeper, so it made it a no brainer, but even w/out Nicks I you can't pass on those guys if they are there.
You are going to absolutely MURDER this league. Nice work, and great value.

Decided to go with this strategy the other night. Here are the 1st couple rounds...pretty happy with the outcome...14 team PPR. Start QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, Flex1.04 -- Jamal Charles2.11 -- Matt Forte3.04 -- Ahmad Bradshaw4.11 -- Santonio Holmes5.04 -- Steve Johnson6.11 -- Matt Stafford7.04 -- Santana Moss8.11 -- Sam Bradford
Good God man. Congrats on your championship.

This was an autodraft, never even adjusted ESPN's pre-rank. I had a meeting and didn't log in for it, non-money league, 12-team start 3WR PPR:

(6) - Chris Johnson RB

(19) - Michael Turner RB

(30) - Peyton Hillis RB

(43) - Peyton Manning QB

(54) - Marques Colston WR

(67) - Anquan Boldin WR

(78) - Sidney Rice WR

(91) - Ryan Grant RB

(102) - Pierre Thomas RB

(115) - Joe Flacco QB

(126) - Zach Miller TE

(139) - Ravens D/ST D/ST

(150) - Ricky Williams RB

(163) - Nate Kaeding K

(174) - Jason Campbell QB

(187) - Billy Cundiff K

So yeah, I'm looking to trade some RBs. Would've been a decent draft if it hadn't picked Peyton, TBMike was still available.

This was an autodraft, never even adjusted ESPN's pre-rank. I had a meeting and didn't log in for it, non-money league, 12-team start 3WR PPR:(6) - Chris Johnson RB(19) - Michael Turner RB(30) - Peyton Hillis RB(43) - Peyton Manning QB(54) - Marques Colston WR(67) - Anquan Boldin WR(78) - Sidney Rice WR(91) - Ryan Grant RB(102) - Pierre Thomas RB(115) - Joe Flacco QB(126) - Zach Miller TE(139) - Ravens D/ST D/ST(150) - Ricky Williams RB(163) - Nate Kaeding K(174) - Jason Campbell QB(187) - Billy Cundiff KSo yeah, I'm looking to trade some RBs. Would've been a decent draft if it hadn't picked Peyton, TBMike was still available.
I wouldn't trade any of your top three RBs unless you could get a strong WR for Turner, which is unlikely in a PPR league. Hillis falling to the third is a steal in PPR, so it's obvious the rest of your league doesn't value him as much as David Dodds who currently ranks him as RB7. Time to hit the wire for WRs and a new TE. It looks like you can safely drop about four guys. I'd look to roster some of these players if available: Lance Kendricks, Aaron Hernandez, Antonio Brown, Arrelious Benn, Andre Roberts, Denarius Moore, Greg Little, Emmanuel Sanders, and Earl Bennett. Don't feel pressure to make a trade happen immediately. You don't HAVE to make any trades to make the championship with this roster. You do HAVE to extract value from the waiver wire regardless of position. If you're going to trade, I'd target an undervalued guy like Santana Moss as opposed to a top stud like Larry Fitzgerald. Another risky player who I'm starting to really warm up to is AJ Green. I'm feeling an abundance of targets for him and he's got the raw talent to turn them into fantasy production. I don't get the impression that he's all that coveted in redraft leagues, so you might be able to get him cheap.

I went RB-RB-RB in a 14 teams non-PPR league with QB RB RB RB/WR WR WR TE DEF lineup. I had the first overall pick. It was not planned but I couldn't resist. 7 WR and 4 QBs were off the board at the turn of round2/3...

1 AP

2 Hillis

3 Blount

4 P Manning

5 Wes Welker

6 Pierre Garcon

7 Tolbert

8 Gronkowski

10 Michael Bush

11 NE Def (8th defense gone, i know i know...)

12 Bernard Scott

Draft is still going "slowly over the weekend" on as we couldn't finish in one evening :banned:

I will try to snatch up 2-3 more very deep WRs, unfortunatelly I couldn't get a decent backup to Manning, only currently available QB are Cassel, Kolb, Fitz, Campbell, Beck and Mcnaab. Guess I will probably end up trading Tolbert or Bush for a WR during the season.

Went RBx4 in an FPC draft the other night....very happy with it....I can flex 2 RBs and only have to find 2 serviceable WRs each week.

McCoy

Gore

Shonn

Deangelo

V. Davis

Garçon

Ocho

Lance Moore

Sidney Rice

Greg Little

Denarious Moore

12 team, PPR, 5th pick, start QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, flex.

Had absolutely zero intention of going 3 RB to start, way the draft fell just felt it was the way to go.

LeSean McCoy (Phi - RB)

Maurice Jones-Drew (Jac - RB)

DeAngelo Williams (Car - RB)

Stevie Johnson (Buf - WR)

Brandon Marshall (Mia - WR)

Matt Ryan (Atl - QB)

Jimmy Graham (NO - TE)

Jacoby Ford (Oak - WR)

Lee Evans (Bal - WR)

Brandon Gibson (StL - WR)

LaDainian Tomlinson (NYJ - RB)

Kyle Orton (Den - QB)

Aaron Hernandez (NE - TE)

Atlanta (Atl - DEF)

Mark Clayton (StL - WR)

Billy Cundiff

10 team, PPR, 5th pick, start QB, 1RB, 2WR, TE, 2 flex.

Plan was to grabmy top guy at 1.1 and look for the best WRs at 20 and 21. However, when push came to shove went the opposite way and took three straight RBs.

1.1 Adrian Peterson

2.10 Peyton Hillis

3.1 Maurice Jones-Drew

Did not swing totally to WRs as I added a fairly early QB, but wound up with TB Mike Williams, Brandon Marshall, and Santonio Holmes as my top three.

Waited very late on TE as I see an abundance of nice players at that position, especially with no additional ppr over the RBs and WRs and unable to flex them. Got Pettigrew in the 13th.

Yup my final draft of the year I did this. This is a 8 year running 100.00 buyin league.1.00 add 1.00 drops Has a few fish and a few sharks and few in the middle.

12 team 100.00 buyin .5 ppr 6 pt all tds start 1qb 2 rb 3 wr 1te 1rb/wr flex 1k 1d

I passed up on some pretty good wrs in the 3rd to land Felix Jones in my final draft.

1. (7) LeSean McCoy (Phi - RB)

2. (18) Frank Gore (SF - RB)

3. (31) Felix Jones (Dal - RB)

4. (42) Peyton Manning (Ind - QB)

5. (55) Mike Williams (TB - WR)

6. (66) Mario Manningham (NYG - WR)

7. (79) Santana Moss (Was - WR)

8. (90) Steve Smith (Car - WR)

9. (103) Julio Jones (Atl - WR)

10. (114) LaDainian Tomlinson (NYJ - RB)

11. (127) Sam Bradford (StL - QB)

12. (138) Ronnie Brown (Phi - RB)

13. (151) Greg Olsen (Car - TE)

14. (162) Bernard Scott (Cin - RB)

15. (175) Javon Ringer (Ten - RB)

16. (186) Matt Hasselbeck (Ten - QB)

17. (199) Kansas City (KC - DEF)

18. (210) Sebastian Janikowski (Oak - K)

12 team, 4pts pass TD, .5PPR, start QB/2RB/2WR/Flex(RB/WR), TE/PK/Def...15 rounds only.

1.04 RB Ray Rice

2.09 RB RUN DMC

3.04 RB Peyton Hillis

4.09 TE Jason Witten

5.04 QB Tony Romo

6.09 WR Mario Manningham

7.04 WR Santana Moss

8.09 Beanie Wells

9.04 WR Lance Moore

10.09 WR Lee Evans

11.04 San Diego

12.09 WR Jordy Nelson

13.04 WR Jacoby Ford

14.09 PK Gostkowski

15.04 QB D.McNabb

I like going 3 RBs early when you can actually start all three of them. This league only has .5PPR so it lessens the value at WR. I should have started WRs on the 4/5 turn but I am happy to find who I did to fill in at WR.

First time my league did a 3rd round flip draft, I had overall #2 pick. Big time receivers kept going, my toughest decision was in the 2nd round with the choice of VJax vs. Forte. I thought I couldn't pass Forte up at 23 and if I didn't get Felix at the end of the 3rd round I'd never see him and I think he's going to have a huge year. Overall, I'm happy as good value kept coming to me. As long as my WRs perform adequately, I should be in a good spot. 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1Flex (WR/RB), 1K, 1Def - standard scoring passing TD 4pts, 1/25yrds pass, 1/10 rush/rec, all other tds 6pts, -2 for turnovers.

1. (2) Adrian Peterson

(Min - RB)

2. (23) Matt Forte

(Chi - RB)

3. (35) Felix Jones

(Dal - RB)

4. (47) Santonio Holmes

(NYJ - WR)

5. (50) Mark Ingram

(NO - RB)

6. (71) Matthew Stafford

(Det - QB)

7. (74) Josh Freeman

(TB - QB)

8. (95) Lance Moore

(NO - WR)

9. (98) Rob Gronkowski

(NE - TE)

10. (119) Lee Evans

(Bal - WR)

11. (122) Jacoby Ford

(Oak - WR)

12. (143) DeMarco Murray

(Dal - RB)

13. (146) Lance Kendricks

(StL - TE)

14. (167) Stephen Gostkowski

(NE - K)

15. (170) Antonio Brown

(Pit - WR)

16. (191) Arizona

(Ari - DEF)

Went RB-RB-RB-RB-QB in my 10 team PPR start 2 RB 2 WR 1 flex league out of the 5 hole:

J Charles

F Gore

Felix Jones

Reggie Bush (reach but I liked him better than the WR options)

Drew Brees

Sant. Holmes

Percy Harvin

Austin Collie

Lance Moore

Sidney Rice

Not thrilled with my WR's but since I only have to start 2 most weeks I feel like my flex spot might give me an advantage.

No PPR, start QB, 2RB, 2WR, RB/WR, TE, K, DEF

I don't see how going RB-RB-RB is antequated in non-PPR with a flex (you can argue that our format is antequated but it's a long running league). I did a bunch of different mocks and each time the teams where I went RB-RB-RB had better total projected points over the year than the other teams. Our league has real deep benches and there is absolutely nothing of note to pick up off of waivers once the season starts, and it's always easier to find a startable WR if need be. Injuries always present issues for most teams in the league without significant RB depth.

- I thought it was important to lock up three clear starting RBs

- Each time the RB was at the top of VBD

- I had no intention of taking a QB early as I have a late round QB as my 5th overall QB and had him targeted the whole time

- I have several mid-range WRs that I think will outproduce quite a few of the guys going earlier.

10 teams, I was pick #4. My draft went:

1. CJ

2. Gore

3. Forte

4. Gates

5. Hightower (my least favorite pick, but I like him a lot and there were no WRs that presented good value here, at least IMO)

6. Manningham

7. Steve Johnson

8. Josh Freeman

Also picked up Lee Evans as well as Brandon Gibson and Greg Little for late flyers.

Like the team a lot. I was able to get clear, startable handcuffs in Ringer and Barber, and Hightower is great depth. Barring catastrophe I'll be one of the few teams in my league not scouring the trash heap for a startable RB this year (or starting a WR in my flex which is always bad in non-PPR).

The teams that went WR-WR early, or QB-WR, or whatever, all look weaker to me and are going to have major, major bye and injury issues (unless they get crazy lucky). I don't want to be the guy starting Justin Forsett because of injuries and byes (he's the "top" RB available and unrostered)

12 team, 4pts pass TD, .5PPR, start QB/2RB/2WR/Flex(RB/WR), TE/PK/Def...15 rounds only. 1.04 RB Ray Rice2.09 RB RUN DMC3.04 RB Peyton Hillis4.09 TE Jason Witten5.04 QB Tony Romo6.09 WR Mario Manningham7.04 WR Santana Moss8.09 Beanie Wells9.04 WR Lance Moore10.09 WR Lee Evans11.04 San Diego12.09 WR Jordy Nelson13.04 WR Jacoby Ford14.09 PK Gostkowski15.04 QB D.McNabbI like going 3 RBs early when you can actually start all three of them. This league only has .5PPR so it lessens the value at WR. I should have started WRs on the 4/5 turn but I am happy to find who I did to fill in at WR.
Stacked. I agree that if you decide to go RB/RB/RB you should normally not take an early QB and TE, but there are mid/late round options to fill out your WR corp. This will be one of the top scoring teams all year, I bet.

I went RB-RB-RB and absolutely love my team.

12 Team, Non Keeper, Non PPR

4 Passing TD

6 Rec/Rush TD

1/25 Passing Yards, 1/10 Rec/Rush Yards

STARTING LINEUP

QB - Roethlisberger

RB - Mendenhall

RB - Gore

WR - Austin

WR - Manningham

WR - Britt

FLX - Felix Jones

TE - Hernandez

K - Henrey

D - Detroit

DRAFT RESULTS:

8 Rashard Mendenhall (RB PIT)

17 Frank Gore (RB SF)

32 Felix Jones (RB DAL)

41 Miles Austin (WR DAL)

56 Mario Manningham (WR NYG)

65 Ben Roethlisberger (QB PIT)

80 Kenny Britt (WR TEN)

89 Santana Moss (WR WAS)

104 Brandon Jacobs (RB NYG)

113 Josh Freeman (QB TB)

128 Willis McGahee (RB DEN)

137 Aaron Hernandez (TE NE)

152 Jerome Harrison (RB DET)

161 Isaac Redman (RB PIT)

176 Dustin Keller (TE NYJ)

185 Delone Carter (RB IND)

200 Deji Karim (RB JAC)

209 Lions (DST DET)

224 Denarius Moore (WR OAK)

233 Alex Henery (K PHI)

I did from the 6th spot. I think I was in denial about how fast the WRs would keep going. My WRs are weak and RBs thin. I will have to work the waivers and trades. 12 team redraft 1QB 2RB 2WR 1RB/WR/TEflex 1TE 1PK 1DEF. If I go injury free, I am ok, otherwise :thumbdown:

Passed on H Nicks for Hillis. doubts about it now

Looking for Stafford, he went in 5th, all my handcuufs were gone before my 12th round pick.

1. McCoy

2. Hillis

3. F.Jones

4. Holmes

5. Gates

6. Big Ben

7. Julio Jones

8. Freeman

9. L Evans

10. Hernandez

11. Collie

12. Giants should taken Detroit, they went 2 picks later

13. Saints

14. Denarius Moore

15. Leon Washington

16. Gostkowski

17. Cook

Looks lik Manningham, S.Moss, and Stevie Johnsons were popular WRs if you went RB-RB-RB early. I also notice those that waited at WR had no problem waiting a little longer till the 5th, 6th, 7th if need be. Very interesting thread.

I would encourage folks to go to the upside down thread where you wait 4-5 rounds for RBs. I am really starting to think both are completely viable options depending on league scoring and set up. If you can master both, and you can adjust on the fly, I think it would make you pretty much bulletproof as an owner.

12 team redraft 4pt TD pass, 6pt rec/rush td

pass 25yd/1pt 10rec&rush/1pt

Drafted 12 in person grabbed last 4 off waivers (time crunch)

I was pick #6 for 1-4 rounds, then 12th next 5-9 rounds, 11th pick 9-12

QB RB RB WR WR WR/RB TE K DEF

1 RB Rice

2 RB McCoy

3 RB Forte

4 WR S. Johnson

5 QB Roethlisberger

6 WR Lloyd

7 WR Thomas

8 TE Gronkowski

9 RB Jackson

10 WR Moss

11 QB Stafford

12 WR Little

Off waivers I got:

WR D Moore

TE Daniels

DEF Saints

K Suisham

Since draft I dropped Little for Cardinals defense to help matchups

I feel like I robbed these guys. I think I may have went RB RB RB in my other 2, let me check

2nd one. 10 team .5PPR 1pt per 20 pass yds, 1pt per 10 rush/rec, 6 all td

QB RB RB WR WR W/R/T(flex) TE K DEF

1. (1) Ray Rice (Bal - RB)

2. (20) Peyton Hillis (Cle - RB)

3. (21) Matt Forte (Chi - RB)

4. (40) Ben Roethlisberger (Pit - QB)

5. (41) Mike Williams (TB - WR)

6. (60) Santonio Holmes (NYJ - WR)

7. (61) Mark Ingram (NO - RB)

8. (80) Mario Manningham (NYG - WR)

9. (81) Owen Daniels (Hou - TE)

10. (100) Sidney Rice (Sea - WR)

11. (101) Philadelphia (Phi - DEF)

12. (120) A.J. Green (Cin - WR)

13. (121) C.J. Spiller (Buf - RB)

14. (140) Dallas (Dal - DEF)

15. (141) Kevin Kolb (Ari - QB)

16. (160) Lance Kendricks (StL - TE)

17. (161) Josh Scobee (Jac - K)

3rd another PPR

10 team .5PPR, 1pt per 25 pass yds, 1pt per 10 rush/rec, 6 rush/rec td, 5 pass td

QB RB RB WR WR W/R/T(flex)x2 TE K DEF

1. (4) Arian Foster (Hou - RB)

2. (17) Peyton Hillis (Cle - RB)

3. (24) Matt Forte (Chi - RB)

4. (37) Jahvid Best (Det - RB)

5. (44) Dez Bryant (Dal - WR)

6. (57) Percy Harvin (Min - WR)

7. (64) Santonio Holmes (NYJ - WR)

8. (77) Tony Romo (Dal - QB)

9. (84) Kenny Britt (Ten - WR)

10. (97) New York (NYJ - DEF)

11. (104) Brandon Pettigrew (Det - TE)

12. (117) Pierre Garcon (Ind - WR)

13. (124) Sam Bradford (StL - QB)

14. (137) Jacoby Ford (Oak - WR)

15. (144) Ben Tate (Hou - RB)

16. (157) Aaron Hernandez (NE - TE)

17. (164) Greg Little (Cle - WR)

18. (177) Alex Henery (Phi - K)

RIDE THE LIGHTNING BABY!

Wasn't planning it but the way the chips fell. 12 team, start 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1K,1D picking 7th in a 3rd round flip draft.

1.07 LeSean McCoy

2.06 Frank Gore - planned to go WR here but an early run on RB thinned it out and I wanted two solid guys.

3.06 Steven Jackson - Big run of 7 WR's in the 12 picks after I took Gore, only 1 other RB Bradshaw so I couldn't resist.

4.07 Mike Williams (Tampa)

5.06 Santonio Holmes

6.07 Matt Schaub

7.06 Chad OchoCinco - this is where I regretted the 3 RB start, the 2 guys I wanted Manningham or Amendola went a few picks before mine

8.07 Lance Moore - Hoping he steps up

9.06 James Starks

10.07 Jordy Nelson

11.06 Kevin Kolb

12.07 Greg Olsen

13.06 Lance Kendricks - On the FBG bandwagon :thumbup:

14.07 Derrick Ward

15.06 Andre Roberts

16.07 Eric Decker

17.06 Neil Rackers

18.07 Cowboys

Looks lik Manningham, S.Moss, and Stevie Johnsons were popular WRs if you went RB-RB-RB early. I also notice those that waited at WR had no problem waiting a little longer till the 5th, 6th, 7th if need be. Very interesting thread.

I would encourage folks to go to the upside down thread where you wait 4-5 rounds for RBs. I am really starting to think both are completely viable options depending on league scoring and set up. If you can master both, and you can adjust on the fly, I think it would make you pretty much bulletproof as an owner.
There was a thread asking "which players are you 'ALL IN' on this year" (with lots of misguided responses IE "Adrian Peterson!!", but I digress).Those of us who did the RB heavy early style drafts definitely are "all in" on these mid-round receivers, which was pretty much my plan. Not something I'd do every year but it seemed like the right strategy this year. If I believe my own projections, which I sort of have to (otherwise, what's the point), then these guys will get it done:

9 Wayne, Reggie 166.2

10 Wallace, Mike 163.6

11 Moss, Santana 162.6

12 Manningham, Mario 161.3

13 Evans, Lee 161.1

14 Johnson, Steve 159.9

15 Jackson, DeSean 158.6

16 Bowe, Dwayne 157.5

17 Lloyd, Brandon 153.8

18 Harvin, Percy 151.3

The 4 in bold were the ones I had in mind, should the right RBs fall early. I got all but Moss (gambled on him falling one too many rounds...).

I'm fine with having essentially two starters who are really WR2 types, given the strength of my RBs. I just have to hope they're actually WR2s and not WR4s... aka... my projections don't suck... :unsure:

'atcdav said:
I did from the 6th spot. I think I was in denial about how fast the WRs would keep going. My WRs are weak and RBs thin. I will have to work the waivers and trades. 12 team redraft 1QB 2RB 2WR 1RB/WR/TEflex 1TE 1PK 1DEF. If I go injury free, I am ok, otherwise :thumbdown: Passed on H Nicks for Hillis. doubts about it nowLooking for Stafford, he went in 5th, all my handcuufs were gone before my 12th round pick.1. McCoy2. Hillis3. F.Jones4. Holmes5. Gates6. Big Ben7. Julio Jones8. Freeman9. L Evans10. Hernandez11. Collie12. Giants should taken Detroit, they went 2 picks later13. Saints14. Denarius Moore15. Leon Washington16. Gostkowski17. Cook
Gates was a steal. McCoy/Hillis is a nice combo, throw in Felix for big upside, gotta like that. Big Ben with Gates makes one of the best combos of QB/TE in whatever league you are in so before we even get to the WRs, you are dominant across the board so far. JJ as a WR1...Lee Evans...I would look to trade one of the QBs to get a WR, just my .02 Collie is not much of a lift at the moment. You still can win many of the weeks, WRs are streaky. Work that waiver wire.

Users who are viewing this thread