What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

anyone here into fishing? (1 Viewer)

Got to sw fl Wednesday and have done some beach fishing. Using live shrimp, I've caught several ladyfish - small but still fun. I went down to the beach one evening w my BIL to smoke a cigar and brought the rod, we were half lit (drunk) and he says "you got something!" I take the rod out of the holder and definitely have something big. I'm reeling in and talking smack, "come to papa", then my line snaps.

I hadn't checked the drag, but it was too tight and the 60 lb test must have had some kinks. I think 60 lb test is too much but that was on the rod when we got here. I got it fairly close to shore and saw it's tail turn over in the water probably 7 ft out. It was fanned and dark brownish, probably a 10-15 lb fish.

The next morning we go back out and see a big black "something" in the water probably 10-15 feet offshore. In the clear water so it wasn't too far out. It was probably 6-8 feet long and dark. It moved slow so we think it was a manatee, but it was really skinny and had an elephant like snout looking mouth; very strange.

Went 35 miles out with a few friends to try to catch some Red Snapper, we had a blast. Launched from Bradenton at about 6:30am and made the trip out to 110-120 feet of water and hammered fish most of the day.

Brought home 7 American Red Snapper, 7 Mangrove Snapper, a Triggerfish, and a Small Yellow Tail Snapper.

Released fish included 4 keeper Gag Grouper from 23-28 inches (closed season), a bunch of 18-19 inch Red Grouper (minimum size is 20"), and 5 or 6 NICE Amberjacks (closed season). We also caught couple of Bonito and hooked a couple of nice sized lemon sharks that we didnt put in the boat.

A few of the Red Snapper were pretty nice, but none were real BIG hogs. Two of the Mangroves were the biggest Ive ever seen, measuring in at 24 and 26 inches (my previous biggest was 17 inches).

Red Snapper

Amberjack

Another Red

Mangrove Snapper

Both Big Mangos

Last edited by a moderator:
Outstanding pics Wingnut! I've always wanted to go fishing down there, but I've never had the opportunity. It looks like a blast!

I had an amazing MN walleye opener. Went up to Leech Lake and aside from the horrible hangover, five foot rollers, rain/snow mix, and 30mph winds we tore it up and limited out. I ended up with the big fish at just a hair under 26 inches. We spent our nights trolling at a nearby lake that is a local secret for massive walleye and we pounded the fish. We couldn't go more then a few yards without 20+ inch walleyes slamming our rapalas over and over. Throw in some massive smallmouth in the 4-5lb range and it was one of my best days of fishing ever.

I live in central Maine, but drove 6 hours up deep into the (Aroostook) County, close to Fort Kent and stayed a camp off a dirt road- 7 miles of dirt roads off route 11

to First Lake in Wallagrass, here,

the stars were like nothing I have seen (and I do live in Maine woods already).

I spent the weekend with my two kids, a friend and his two kids. The camp is a small one room 18th century logging camp but has a screen porch.

Fished all day played cribbage all night. On Saturday we caught 20 plus brookies (all native).

Sweet living.

Was taking the boat to a small lake near home that I had never fished before. Had transmission trouble so we limped home.

Ended up fishing a private pond and my friend caught a very nice size bluegill on a red worm near the end of the day. Otherwise we didn't do to well.

bluegillzilla

Did some beach fishing this week. Killed a ton of sand mullets and whiting. Only keepers were a couple of spotted trout, but also got a couple lady fish, a small spanish mackerel, a bass, a few catfish, and a small shark.

Got to sw fl Wednesday and have done some beach fishing. Using live shrimp, I've caught several ladyfish - small but still fun. I went down to the beach one evening w my BIL to smoke a cigar and brought the rod, we were half lit (drunk) and he says "you got something!" I take the rod out of the holder and definitely have something big. I'm reeling in and talking smack, "come to papa", then my line snaps.

I hadn't checked the drag, but it was too tight and the 60 lb test must have had some kinks. I think 60 lb test is too much but that was on the rod when we got here. I got it fairly close to shore and saw it's tail turn over in the water probably 7 ft out. It was fanned and dark brownish, probably a 10-15 lb fish.

The next morning we go back out and see a big black "something" in the water probably 10-15 feet offshore. In the clear water so it wasn't too far out. It was probably 6-8 feet long and dark. It moved slow so we think it was a manatee, but it was really skinny and had an elephant like snout looking mouth; very strange.
Picture #1 - 4 of the creature:Picture #1

Picture #2

Picture #3

Picture #4

Here was my Daily Breakfast

Did a little trout fishing on the caney fork river.

Sucky day for me with only a few caught...while the other two I was with were catching them left and right.

Including a nice 19" brown. Beautiful fish.

Picture #2

Picture #3

Picture #4

I've got a cupboard full of those "Top O Mast" glasses. lolMany frozen rumrunners down there.

What beach did you see that Lochness Monster? I'm usually in the water a few times a month. Never seen anything like that :unsure:

May never go back in

Picture #2

Picture #3

Picture #4

I've got a cupboard full of those "Top O Mast" glasses. lolMany frozen rumrunners down there.

What beach did you see that Lochness Monster? I'm usually in the water a few times a month. Never seen anything like that :unsure:

May never go back in
Barefoot Beach in Bonita Springs.

Picture #2

Picture #3

Picture #4

May never go back in
Oh Jesus!!!!NO!!! I've been taking my family there for years. Was just there last weekend frolicking in the water (throwing a tennis ball). Now you tell me this thing has been stalking me the whole time??!?!?!FFFfffuuuuuuuuuuu.....

Did a little trout fishing on the caney fork river.Sucky day for me with only a few caught...while the other two I was with were catching them left and right.Including a nice 19" brown. Beautiful fish.
That's a nice trout for the Caney

Picture #2

Picture #3

Picture #4

May never go back in
Whoa...that's like 20 minutes from me. I have seen dolphins, manatees, pelicans, all types of stuff on the beaches of Bonita Springs.

Did a little trout fishing on the caney fork river.Sucky day for me with only a few caught...while the other two I was with were catching them left and right.Including a nice 19" brown. Beautiful fish.
That's a nice trout for the Caney
Biggest one I have seen come out of there myself.Other guy I was with caught about a 15"...my best was 12"ish.Still a nice day.Cool 65 degrees when we got to the river...nice clear cold water and a bit of fog.

I was running along Bonita Beach yesterday here in Florida and I must have saw 2 or 3 good sized fish (at least 16 inches each) in only about 6 inches of water. They were just cruising the shore line looking for food I guess. It was crazy to see them only a couple of feet from the edge of the beach.

Besides live bait (pinfish, shrimp, etc.), what would work for these fish? Any lure suggestion?

I'm assuming they were either redfish or snook but I'm not sure. I had trouble making them out.

I was running along Bonita Beach yesterday here in Florida and I must have saw 2 or 3 good sized fish (at least 16 inches each) in only about 6 inches of water. They were just cruising the shore line looking for food I guess. It was crazy to see them only a couple of feet from the edge of the beach. Besides live bait (pinfish, shrimp, etc.), what would work for these fish? Any lure suggestion?I'm assuming they were either redfish or snook but I'm not sure. I had trouble making them out.
I was fishing along barefoot breach for several days (a mile or so south of doc's) and yes, there were tons of fish right up close to the shore. I never got a snook, only some crappy ladyfish. I was using shrimp, but wish I would've used a lure.That probably doesn't help much. The guys at master bait and tackle said the snook hang out on the first "shelf" of sand... Right were the waves hit. Lots of food right there I guess. Good luck, next time I'm down there I'm gettting snook!!

I was running along Bonita Beach yesterday here in Florida and I must have saw 2 or 3 good sized fish (at least 16 inches each) in only about 6 inches of water. They were just cruising the shore line looking for food I guess. It was crazy to see them only a couple of feet from the edge of the beach. Besides live bait (pinfish, shrimp, etc.), what would work for these fish? Any lure suggestion?I'm assuming they were either redfish or snook but I'm not sure. I had trouble making them out.
I was fishing along barefoot breach for several days (a mile or so south of doc's) and yes, there were tons of fish right up close to the shore. I never got a snook, only some crappy ladyfish. I was using shrimp, but wish I would've used a lure.That probably doesn't help much. The guys at master bait and tackle said the snook hang out on the first "shelf" of sand... Right were the waves hit. Lots of food right there I guess. Good luck, next time I'm down there I'm gettting snook!!
I know Wingnut has talked about catching snook from shore with live pinfish before but they can get expensive and are sometimes hard to keep alive if you don't have a good bait bucket/cooler.

I know Wingnut has talked about catching snook from shore with live pinfish before but they can get expensive and are sometimes hard to keep alive if you don't have a good bait bucket/cooler.
I know a guy who catches Snook on the beach all the time with nothing but artificials. Ill send him an email and ask what he uses.The other day my buddy called me and said Snook are starting to show up around Anna Maria Island on the beach...which means Ill be making a trip down there next weekend to see if we can catch a few.I have a new method for beach fishing with live pinners, without the need to lug a heavy bucket or to buy pinfish. I Take a cheap bait rod with me rigged with a sabiki and a 2oz weight. I take some gulp! strips (in squid or shrimp flavor), and tip 2 or 3 of the little sabiki hooks with a small piece of the gulp!. Toss far out in the surf. After about 20 seconds, reel in pinfish, hook him on Snook rod, and toss him out. Lather, rinse, repeat as bait is needed.

WN let me know if ya want company on your beach trip. I use Gulp! Jerk bait for almost all my in shore.

I took a charter out of N Cape Corral on Mothers Day. 6 of us brought back 11 red grouper, plus some other bycatch

I just found this thread for the first time. Alot of posts about salt water fishing in here. It is time for a little fresh water, wilderness fishing talk.

In 2 days I'm going to Ontario for a full 7 days of fishing with 4 fraternity brothers. We graduated 22 years ago, but get together every year now to fish, tell stories, laugh, and eat the best darn walleye dishes ever. We are driving through Michigan, through Sault St. Marie, and 3 hours north along the east side of Lake Superior. From there, we fly 40 miles NW to a lake on which we are the only cabin. The lake is 2 1/2 miles by 1/2 mile. This is a BIG fish lake for walleye and Northern Pike. Our biggest so far is a 30" walleye and a 45" Northern Pike.

The renters keep a diary, and we read often about how tough this lake is to fish. But, having been there 6 times now, we know this lake. We laugh when we read about others not being able to catch fish. The last 2 years, 4 of us have caught over 600 fish over 6 days. This year we have 5 guys and 7 days - we are aiming for 1000 fish.

Being the only cabin on the lake is fantastic. We get to act like guys and not get in trouble. But we are also serious fishingmen, and we go through walleye periods where we just SLAY them.

I will try to post some pics when I get back on June 19.

I was running along Bonita Beach yesterday here in Florida and I must have saw 2 or 3 good sized fish (at least 16 inches each) in only about 6 inches of water. They were just cruising the shore line looking for food I guess. It was crazy to see them only a couple of feet from the edge of the beach.

Besides live bait (pinfish, shrimp, etc.), what would work for these fish? Any lure suggestion?

I'm assuming they were either redfish or snook but I'm not sure. I had trouble making them out.
I would recommend a soft plastic swim bait. There are a LOT of really nice artificial swim baits out there. Here are a few favorites:Gambler Big EZ - I believe this is a FL bait company. Pretty sure they have a garlic scent in them already. Excellent swim bait.

Reaction Innovations Skinny Dipper - I've heard excellent reviews on this bait, nice swim motion and paddle tail, ribbed body to get noticed.

Zoom Swimmin Super Fluke - Zoom is one of the most popular baits out there. Easily available at ****'s and Walmart. I just watched a Bass tournament at Lake Murray, SC and the Zoom Superfluke was the preferred bait by all the leaders. I see saltwater shows where they use Zoom flukes on the regs. It is an awesome bait and comes in a variety of sizes and colors.

Zoom Super Salty Fluke - Same as the previous Zoom fluke but with a split tail instea of paddle tail. I think a split would be better for salt.

Berkley Powerbait Mullet - The great thing about this rig is it has a hook, weight, and scent already built in. Powerbait makes excellent scent, and it's a good bait. It 'matches the hatch' with the mullet color.

Color: Any time I see anyone fishing salt with soft plastics 9/10 times its white. You can't go wrong with it. Other then white, any white / silver / grey combination is good. If you look at the Zoom Super Salty fluke colors, ones I would pick for salt would be: Baitfish, Disco Violet, White Ice, White pearl. In the Skinny Dipper I would pick: Money Shot Violet, Pearl Blue Shad, White Trash

Scent: I'd probably get some Gulp garlic spray for any bait that doesn't have scent, like the Skinny Dipper, or the Zoom Fluke.

All in all, the Berkley Powerbait mullet is the easiest if you just want to go out and give it a try. You can buy it, tie it on, and fish. The Zoom Flukes are by far the most common bait in the group, and I think you would be able to find pearl white super salty flukes at just about any sporting goods store. If you get anything besides the Berkley you will have to rig it too though.

Rig: If I have a Skinny Dipper, Big EZ, or a Zoom Fluke... I'm going to need a hook. I have been using a 5/0 1/8 oz. Gamakatsu Superline EWG belly weight hook. Screw in Hooks are good too. I would just get a 5/0 or larger hook with an 1/8 to 1/4 oz. weight. Just about any brand hook is good, but Gamakatsu is the most popular and readily available at Wal Mart. I don't think you need to go any heavier with salt.

To the FL guys out there, E Stree Brat and Wingnut, PM me if you are interested, or know anyone that is in the market for a Saltwater rig. I have a really nice Okuma combo that I NEVER used and I am looking to get rid of.

Okuma 7' MH Reflexions rod

Okuma Experior EF40a

I'd probably sell the combo for $75. It's about $125 new.

To the FL guys out there, E Stree Brat and Wingnut, PM me if you are interested, or know anyone that is in the market for a Saltwater rig. I have a really nice Okuma combo that I NEVER used and I am looking to get rid of.Okuma 7' MH Reflexions rodOkuma Experior EF40aI'd probably sell the combo for $75. It's about $125 new.
I'll keep my ears open. Okumas are good reels, Ive owned one for over a year and really like it. If I wouldnt have bought a new Snook combo last month Id probably take it off your hands.

WN let me know if ya want company on your beach trip. I use Gulp! Jerk bait for almost all my in shore.I took a charter out of N Cape Corral on Mothers Day. 6 of us brought back 11 red grouper, plus some other bycatch
Im not sure if Im spending the weekend down near Longboat or not, Ill let ya know.And NICE catches on the charter. Was it a private or head boat? Cost? How far out? Im finally in the position to buy a boat this summer thanks to my new job, so Ill be giving you a call once I get it and learn some decent spots...Jutz, youre on the list too for a Polk County FBG fishing cornhole on the water, lol. :fishy:

It was a private charter. We were about 26 miles out in 80-90 foot. We paid the guy $150.00 each which I think was way to much. Especially for a captain who is friends with my stepfather.

That was a nice AJ you got. Those things pull like a mack truck. You seen me, I'm not a very big guy, and the first I hooked an AJ it took me to my knees.

Yeah, once the snook start getting thick up on the beach, we need to go hit some spots.

:fishing:

WN let me know if ya want company on your beach trip. I use Gulp! Jerk bait for almost all my in shore.I took a charter out of N Cape Corral on Mothers Day. 6 of us brought back 11 red grouper, plus some other bycatch
Im not sure if Im spending the weekend down near Longboat or not, Ill let ya know.And NICE catches on the charter. Was it a private or head boat? Cost? How far out? Im finally in the position to buy a boat this summer thanks to my new job, so Ill be giving you a call once I get it and learn some decent spots...Jutz, youre on the list too for a Polk County FBG fishing cornhole on the water, lol. :fishy:
IN! I know when you have a boat its a PIA to launch it by yourself. I would definitely be up to it. I might be selling a salt rod, but I still have a few other bass rods.

Went fishing for the first time in about 15 years on the Clarion river in PA. Caught one fish, 8 inches in length. I acted like I scored the game winning basket in game 7 of the NBA finals. I was Reggie miller and that little ### fish was John Starks. I owned his ### and let him know about it.

Going fishing on the Yough right outside of pgh next weekend while on a canoe trip, highly intoxicated.

IN! I know when you have a boat its a PIA to launch it by yourself. I would definitely be up to it. I might be selling a salt rod, but I still have a few other bass rods.
....which is why Im gonna keep it in a high and dry Marina in St Pete....no towing and launching unless I wanna take it down state or somethin. :yes:

I just found this thread for the first time. Alot of posts about salt water fishing in here. It is time for a little fresh water, wilderness fishing talk.In 2 days I'm going to Ontario for a full 7 days of fishing with 4 fraternity brothers. We graduated 22 years ago, but get together every year now to fish, tell stories, laugh, and eat the best darn walleye dishes ever. We are driving through Michigan, through Sault St. Marie, and 3 hours north along the east side of Lake Superior. From there, we fly 40 miles NW to a lake on which we are the only cabin. The lake is 2 1/2 miles by 1/2 mile. This is a BIG fish lake for walleye and Northern Pike. Our biggest so far is a 30" walleye and a 45" Northern Pike.The renters keep a diary, and we read often about how tough this lake is to fish. But, having been there 6 times now, we know this lake. We laugh when we read about others not being able to catch fish. The last 2 years, 4 of us have caught over 600 fish over 6 days. This year we have 5 guys and 7 days - we are aiming for 1000 fish. Being the only cabin on the lake is fantastic. We get to act like guys and not get in trouble. But we are also serious fishingmen, and we go through walleye periods where we just SLAY them.I will try to post some pics when I get back on June 19.
Have a great time and slay some fish!I wish I could head up there and do some fishing, but I could never get enough people because my buddies like to get hammered and burn rubber. Ahhhh Laporte...the only place I've seen to-go cups at the bar.

It was a private charter. We were about 26 miles out in 80-90 foot. We paid the guy $150.00 each which I think was way to much. Especially for a captain who is friends with my stepfather. That was a nice AJ you got. Those things pull like a mack truck. You seen me, I'm not a very big guy, and the first I hooked an AJ it took me to my knees. Yeah, once the snook start getting thick up on the beach, we need to go hit some spots. :fishing:
Heading to Indian Rocks Beach in about a week and planning on some surf fishing. Are snook in season?

It was a private charter. We were about 26 miles out in 80-90 foot. We paid the guy $150.00 each which I think was way to much. Especially for a captain who is friends with my stepfather. That was a nice AJ you got. Those things pull like a mack truck. You seen me, I'm not a very big guy, and the first I hooked an AJ it took me to my knees. Yeah, once the snook start getting thick up on the beach, we need to go hit some spots. :fishing:
Heading to Indian Rocks Beach in about a week and planning on some surf fishing. Are snook in season?
No catch and release only. snook have been hit hard with Bach to back hard winters. It could be a couple years before they open them back up

No catch and release only. snook have been hit hard with Bach to back hard winters. It could be a couple years before they open them back up
Just announced that September 1st 2011 it opens back up in the Atlantic (1 fish per person per day, slot size is 28-32 inches), but it will remain closed for the Gulf.

....Heading out the door in a few minutes to another offshore trip....will report back later with pics from the trip...

Well, today wasnt as productive as last week, but we did decent. We didnt get into any Red Snapper as expected, but I got my first keeper size Red Grouper, so that was cool.

Boat's haul for the day: 1 Red Snapper (about 23 inches), 2 Red Grouper (20-23 inches), 2 Kingfish (one was over 30lbs), and a couple small Mangrove Snapper, about 14 inches each. We got harassed by about a 4 foot Barracuda that stole 3 of our catches while we were reeling up...so we sent an amberjack head out and hooked him but he came loose when he got close...still saw him around after that but he had his fill and didnt rob us of any of our other fish. I was about 3 seconds late getting a pic as it was almost boatside, but man this fish was awesome and tore a couple big AJs and a Red Grouper up in a single bite, leaving us only the heads as we brought the fish up, slicing them like a hot knife through butter. Just incredible.

Ended up catching a couple keeper size Gags and a few nice Amberjacks that had to be released, and algo hooked and fought a couple of lemon sharks and Bonita that we didnt bother bringing in the boat. One of the guys got a nice little Porgy about 15 inches.

Pretty slow day for offshore, I think I only caught 4 fish, all were keeper size of something, but 2 were out of season and one was barely legal so I tossed him back. The captain got the biggest catch of the day, a 30+lb Kingfish, the only pic we got of it was me holding it up after he got the hook out

http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/7672/king1j.jpg

No other pics are really worth posting other than the King, no big fish today...but MAN Id go out every weekend if I could. Fish or no fish, its awesome being out there and leaving reality behind for 9 hours. :yes:

Well, today wasnt as productive as last week, but we did decent. We didnt get into any Red Snapper as expected, but I got my first keeper size Red Grouper, so that was cool.Boat's haul for the day: 1 Red Snapper (about 23 inches), 2 Red Grouper (20-23 inches), 2 Kingfish (one was over 30lbs), and a couple small Mangrove Snapper, about 14 inches each. We got harassed by about a 4 foot Barracuda that stole 3 of our catches while we were reeling up...so we sent an amberjack head out and hooked him but he came loose when he got close...still saw him around after that but he had his fill and didnt rob us of any of our other fish. I was about 3 seconds late getting a pic as it was almost boatside, but man this fish was awesome and tore a couple big AJs and a Red Grouper up in a single bite, leaving us only the heads as we brought the fish up, slicing them like a hot knife through butter. Just incredible.Ended up catching a couple keeper size Gags and a few nice Amberjacks that had to be released, and algo hooked and fought a couple of lemon sharks and Bonita that we didnt bother bringing in the boat. One of the guys got a nice little Porgy about 15 inches.Pretty slow day for offshore, I think I only caught 4 fish, all were keeper size of something, but 2 were out of season and one was barely legal so I tossed him back. The captain got the biggest catch of the day, a 30+lb Kingfish, the only pic we got of it was me holding it up after he got the hook outhttp://img839.imageshack.us/img839/7672/king1j.jpgNo other pics are really worth posting other than the King, no big fish today...but MAN Id go out every weekend if I could. Fish or no fish, its awesome being out there and leaving reality behind for 9 hours. :yes:
:thumbup:My oldest (just turned 7) caught his first bass today all by himself. It was very cool.

No other pics are really worth posting other than the King, no big fish today...but MAN Id go out every weekend if I could. Fish or no fish, its awesome being out there and leaving reality behind for 9 hours. :yes:
:yes: "Many go fishing all their lives without knowing it is not fish they are after"

So last year my oldest son decided he wanted to start muskie fishing. Got him the heavy duty rods and reels, huge tackle box to carry the heavy lures, guided fishing trips, up to the lake whenever we could. Also keep in mind that he plays 4 traveling sports so we dont have a ton of time.

Well he still manages to catch a 38" last August and a 42" in October. But yesterday he had a legendary morning for an 11 year old. His Mom took him out and he caught a 40" and an hour later caught a 51". Pretty cool. If I can figure out how to post the pic from my phone I will.

Im going on a guided catfishing trip :lmao: next month with this place. I think we go at night. Im expecting lots of drinking and good times.

Went on a charter out of St Pete yesterday, made a run to 75 miles offshore in 215 feet of water to look for Red Snapper. We ended up getting a late start and didnt drop our first baits till almost 12:30pm. Fished various spots til about 5:30pm. We only found one Red Snapper, and didnt really have a good day bottom fishing, but we did bring back plenty of fish. Yellow Tail Snapper were coming up behind the boat in our chum all day and were easy pickens with live freelined shrimp and white bait. The total haul was something like 25ish Yellow Tail Snapper, 6 or 7 Vermillion Snapper, a few Mangos, one Red Snapper, one Lane Snapper, a Scamp Grouper, an Almaco Jack and a few Bonita. We sampled the Jack at the dock once cleaned, with some seasoning and soy sauce, and man it was some of the best raw fish Ive ever had.

I didnt catch many fish, I got one keeper Vermillion, one keeper Yellow Tail, and 3 or 4 nice Amberjacks that we couldnt keep. Heck of a fun day though, it was very cool being that far offshore. We were so far out that we were in a completely different weather system - the seas laid down flat and it was an eerie calm for a while out there.

Not many pics were taken since there was no big fish, but heres a shot of the haul at the dock. The white table is about 20 inches wide, so you can see we didnt get any big hogs. Everyone took home a nice big bag of fillets, so it was a good day even though we came up short of our goal.

Mess of fish

Video of what it looked like 60-70 miles out. After 2-3ft seas most of the way out, all of a sudden the whitecaps disappeared and it turned soft and flat, and the water was like glass.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbGXtE2TfIE

Couple more pics

The vessel

John's Pass, FL

Gators on the Pass

Depthfinder showing 174 feet of water on the way out

Users who are viewing this thread