What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Anyone not like Eddie Lacy? (2 Viewers)

Hated to do it but just put Crow in at RB and Gordon in at Flex over Lacey. After my Tre Mason debacle on Thurs nite I can't afford to take a low score if Lacey re-tweaks his hip, gets pulled, is underutilized, or just gets stopped by a very good BUF D. Just too iffy this game. He's been so good the past 10 weeks - hated to do it.

It means that, if Lacy shows any signs of struggling...
- PFT, on the meaning of "monitor".

Lacy has been probable all week, no? Was he ever downgraded?

And aside from 2 games (Min & NE) when has he been a workhorse all year? He doesn't have to be a workhorse to do well. His game has improved with the receptions and teams laying off the line due to Rodgers, better matchups, and his own improved running of course.

CJ Anderson was 21/58 (2.8ypc) last week, this was always going to be a tough matchup. One of those Lacy 10/40/0 games we saw early in the year seems like a real possibility but he has also become a big part of the passing game including at the goaline. 4 games with a receiving TD in the last 5, plus Buf has allowed 2 games with 3 rushing Tds in the last 6 including last week to another pass happy team. I don't have magnificent options. I'm sticking with him.
Would you start him over Ingram this week? As a Saints fan, i'd be very curious on your opinion because Ingram scares me too.
I guess if I had that choice I would likely start Ingram as he is almost certainly healthy and especially because Chicago looks like a very good matchup compared to Buffalo, but it's a similar situation because anything can happen. Ingram's fumble started off the disaster last week and things are in a huge state of flux in NO right now. Payton is taking names. Robinson is back and Pierre could get extensive action. The Saints could also return to their pass happy ways.

Last edited by a moderator:
Starting Evans and Ingram in lieu of Lacy and one of those guys. Can't risk a 5 carry no score game in the playoffs. If he blows up so be it-no indication that that will happen. Gotta play the odds.

RW:

Eddie Lacy is active for Week 15 at Buffalo.
Beat writers expect Lacy to share the workload with James Starks, but the Packers were hoping to divvy up the workload even before he suffered a hip bruise. Lacy is a borderline RB1 against a sagging Bills run defense. ...
Demovsky: The way coach Mike McCarthy was talking this week, you get the sense that regardless of Eddie Lacy's hip injury, they were going to split the workload between him and James Starks. That was their plan last week, and Lacy got 18 touches (13 carries, five receptions) before he dropped out in the fourth quarter with the injury. Starks got 12 (10 carries, two catches). The balance could be closer to 50-50 this week. But one thing seems certain, Lacy isn't going to get the 20-plus carries he got against Minnesota and New England the previous two games. That might not happen until the playoffs.
http://espn.go.com/blog/green-bay-packers/post/_/id/16250/mailbag-who-wins-a-packers-seahawks-nfc-title-game

Looks like i'm suddenly in a crowd
Not in my crowd. I'm starting Ingram, Lacy and Crowell over Jennings and other WRs in my RB/RB/Flex. I could be wrong, but I am starting him with confidence, especially because it is PPR and he has been fantastic in the passing game lately and I see a lot of dump offs with the pass rush.

If I had both Lacy and Starks, and those are my only options, I'm playing Lacy, no doubt. However, it gets a bt more dicey when comparing him to RBs outside of GB.

What level RB would you be confident sitting Lacy for? Would your other option have to be elite? An average option who gets work elsewhere? A starter splitting time elsewhere?

Still waiting for the sky to fall on this guy. He plodded his way to 100 yards on the ground against a good Buffalo defense. Anyday now, he will break down and die on the field. Any day... Because he's so fat, and fragile, and overrated, and average, and not (insert your favorite back here).

i think this is clear cut case of too much information clouding ppls opinions and hurting their actions. the facts were that lacy was active, was probable, and had practiced all week. almost all of the coaches quotes and media reports were positive and indicated lacy would remain and important part of the offense. it seems that a lot of ppl that benched lacy did not realzie that he has been splitting with starks to some extent all year. its too bad my opponent did not subscribe to some of the panic in this thread. but no, he started lacy, likely bc hes been a stud all year, and was listed as probable after practicing all week while his coach maintained he would be effective.

i think this is clear cut case of too much information clouding ppls opinions and hurting their actions. the facts were that lacy was active, was probable, and had practiced all week. almost all of the coaches quotes and media reports were positive and indicated lacy would remain and important part of the offense. it seems that a lot of ppl that benched lacy did not realzie that he has been splitting with starks to some extent all year. its too bad my opponent did not subscribe to some of the panic in this thread. but no, he started lacy, likely bc hes been a stud all year, and was listed as probable after practicing all week while his coach maintained he would be effective.
And it's not like you haven't heard it before. Always start your studs. But then again, Lacy isn't a stud. His situation is. Right?

Another overnalysis for me,

Somehow I still have a chance after tWo immense screw ups this week..

Still waiting for the sky to fall on this guy. He plodded his way to 100 yards on the ground against a good Buffalo defense. Anyday now, he will break down and die on the field. Any day... Because he's so fat, and fragile, and overrated, and average, and not (insert your favorite back here).
What on earth are you talking about, in all due respect, georg013? You have not a clue...

did E.Lacy finish the game strong?

curious if I can drop J.Starks now.

thanks
I can't say that Lacy closed the game strong as GB was in catch up mode. However, Lacy's runs were strong and impressive at least to me. Starks was a disappointment today.

Exactly. I almost at him for Crowell, and about an hour before game time I thought to myself, "He was your first-round pick, he's been on fire lately, and he's probable. How can you sit him?" Now if only I had sat Crow in my other league for Jeremy Hill...

Also, hope everyone learned that if Demovsky is giving conjecture and you don't see any actual quotes from anyone with the Packers...don't believe some split is going to happen automatically.

Also, hope everyone learned that if Demovsky is giving conjecture and you don't see any actual quotes from anyone with the Packers...don't believe some split is going to happen automatically.
Paralysis by analysis. Guilty here. Maybe I will learn someday

What on earth are you talking about, in all due respect, georg013? You have not a clue...
pretty sure hes poking fun at Lacys critics

shadyridr said:
NoMercy said:
pretty sure hes poking fun at Lacys critics
Thanks for the clarification! I completely missed the poking fun tribute. Sorry Georg013! I am a big fan of Lacy and reacted too quickly!

Rotoworld:

Eddie Lacy - RB - Packers

Speaking Thursday, Eddie Lacy (eye) said he's "very blind" and may have to wear goggles for Week 16 against the Bucs.

Lacy's eye is irritated due to an issue with his contact lens. He hopes to be able to wear contacts for the game Sunday, but left the door open for him to pull off the Eric Dickerson look. Either way, Lacy's status for Week 16 isn't in serious question, though he and James Starks could split work more evenly than last week. Lacy is currently our No. 5 running back for fantasy title week.

Source: ESPN.com

Dec 19 - 9:35 AM

Rotoworld:

Speaking Thursday, Eddie Lacy (eye) said he's "very blind" and may have to wear goggles for Week 16 against the Bucs.

Lacy's eye is irritated due to an issue with his contact lens. He hopes to be able to wear contacts for the game Sunday, but left the door open for him to pull off the Eric Dickerson look. Either way, Lacy's status for Week 16 isn't in serious question, though he and James Starks could split work more evenly than last week. Lacy is currently our No. 5 running back for fantasy title week.

wtf

Rotoworld:

wtf
I don't even know what that means. Is that an overreaction from two words, i.e. when people say they are blind without their glasses?

I take three things out of it. First, if he hopes to wear his contacts, then I interpret that to his eye is irritated with the contact now and he can't see without them and he is hoping the irritation goes away so he can wear contacts. Second, if he can't wear contacts, he will wear goggles. Third, I don't see anything that tells me he isn't playing and this is an injury that will take him off the field.

It seems like the overreaction that made people not play Lacy last week even though he was both probable and active. I was correct last week and I hope I am correct again.

Rotoworld:

wtf
I don't even know what that means. Is that an overreaction from two words, i.e. when people say they are blind without their glasses?

I take three things out of it. First, if he hopes to wear his contacts, then I interpret that to his eye is irritated with the contact now and he can't see without them and he is hoping the irritation goes away so he can wear contacts. Second, if he can't wear contacts, he will wear goggles. Third, I don't see anything that tells me he isn't playing and this is an injury that will take him off the field.

It seems like the overreaction that made people not play Lacy last week even though he was both probable and active. I was correct last week and I hope I am correct again.
This whole board is about over reaction.

I hope he rocks the Dickerson goggles and rumbles like a mad bull in a china shop.

Phat Eddie for 2 Tds and a ton of yardage!!

Rotoworld:

wtf

What's confusing you? The Friday before our FF Championship game and my RB1 is going into the game at best with eye irritation, at worst wearing goggles that may restrict his vision. I'm not benching in favor of Chris Polk bro, but I'd prefer to have no random issues going into week 16. Not over-reaction, just reaction. HTH

Rotoworld:

wtf
I don't even know what that means. Is that an overreaction from two words, i.e. when people say they are blind without their glasses?I take three things out of it. First, if he hopes to wear his contacts, then I interpret that to his eye is irritated with the contact now and he can't see without them and he is hoping the irritation goes away so he can wear contacts. Second, if he can't wear contacts, he will wear goggles. Third, I don't see anything that tells me he isn't playing and this is an injury that will take him off the field.

What's confusing you? The Friday before our FF Championship game and my RB1 is going into the game at best with eye irritation, at worst wearing goggles that may restrict his vision. I'm not benching in favor of Chris Polk bro, but I'd prefer to have no random issues going into week 16. Not over-reaction, just reaction. HTH
The article not your comment, i.e. I was thinking what you thought, what the heck is this about. Just a really strange out of the blue article with two words and a jump to a conclusion about splitting carries again.

Rotoworld:

wtf

Well stated about over reaction! I learned a major lesson last week. I centered my fantasy teams around Lacy this year because I had faith in him. I ride him all year and long and behold the injury conundrum leads the headlines going into last weekend's games. There was so much conflicting information floating around that I headache over deciding what to do. Even one of the experts on footballguys.com rated Starks over Lacy going into the game last weekend.

I am not totally happy with my decision but at the same time I am relieved. I started Lacy on one team and Starks on the other. I am playing for 1st place with the team I started Lacy and 3rd place for the team I started Starks. Had I started Lacy for both, I would be playing for two first place finishes. Oh well...can't blame my bad fortune on my Lacy blunder since Forsett, Luck, and A. Morris did not have big games. As for the eye issue, just overreaction! Start Lacy with confidence and who the heck cares about sharing carries with Starks or not? Lacy is too good to sit!

As long as he can see the endzone, I'm good. I made the mistake last week of sitting him and it almost cost me.

He should get 20 touches and hopefully a TD/100 yard game. Tampa Bay's defense is pretty bad to boot.

That link was better than the blurb:

Saying he's "very blind" and displaying his inability to see across the room without the contacts, Lacy told reporters Thursday that his eye started bothering him after wearing his contacts past their normal 30-day shelf life.
That is the fact that he needs contacts and his contacts irritated his eyes. This seems like a non-issue to me. I'm starting him unless they say he isn't good to go on Sunday.

Jerry Curl said:
stbugs said:
unckeyherb said:
Faust said:
Rotoworld:

wtf
I don't even know what that means. Is that an overreaction from two words, i.e. when people say they are blind without their glasses?I take three things out of it. First, if he hopes to wear his contacts, then I interpret that to his eye is irritated with the contact now and he can't see without them and he is hoping the irritation goes away so he can wear contacts. Second, if he can't wear contacts, he will wear goggles. Third, I don't see anything that tells me he isn't playing and this is an injury that will take him off the field.

This whole board is about over reaction.
Best post yet

Another 99 and a td...cramos and a few questionable play calls at the goalline (and his own failure a couple times ) kept it from being a huge day.

Finished as RB 6 in my league despite the slow start. Ahead of Charles and McCoy.

Last 4 weeks of the season he was RB #2 behind Bell.

Looks like he not only performed all year worthy of his spot...he came through when owners needed him the most on the year.

I was in a debate with some fellow football friends about Lacy and his level of talent. I said he is a top 5 rb talent in the NFL. They argued he is a product of the Packers system. I countered that he would be a good RB on tons of NFL teams and that he was good last year as a rookie RB when Rodgers missed half the season.

I think to be a top 5 NFL rb today you need plenty of things. First off you need to be a 3 down guy. Lacy is definitely a 3 down player and is becoming one of if not the best blocking rbs in the league. Secondly you need to be able to be consistent game in and game out. Lacy has developed into one of the most consistent RB's in the league.

You need to be able to score td's and Lacy again in his sophomore year has double digit td's (currently at 13 td's). You should have the ability to break long plays. Lacy has done this both as a runner and as a receiving back. His vision as great, his ability to run through guys as well as make guys miss are unique for a guy his size. He has one of the best run after contacts in the league and is a load to take down.

He is a talented player that is not getting his due as a player due to everyone crediting Rodgers or his situation. It helps having a good offense but Lacy is a pretty darn good player that would be successful in multiple places. I think it can be argued that Lacy is at least a top 5 rb in the league and is as complete a back as anyone in the game.

Well I need Lacy to come through for me one more week. In our two week championship format I should come out with leads in both my leagues thanks partly to him. I will be happy to see him run all over the Lions and give the Packers the NFC North Championship for yet another year.

Users who are viewing this thread