What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Anyone not like Eddie Lacy? (1 Viewer)

If the draft were held today, he'd be a 5 RB, behind only Peterson, Foster, and Martin. Baring injury, today might be his floor. In the event of injury, would it be a committee of Starks/Kuhn?
Haha. I own him in a lot of leagues so I'd love this, but really??? You're off your rocker.

Pretty much saw enough to safely project him as a RB2 for the rest of the season, with low RB1 upside. The key was being in the game with Rodgers in the 2 minute drill. He should get a significant portion of snaps going forward. Let's just hope he's a bit more sure handed going forward.

steveski said:
SoBeDad said:
If the draft were held today, he'd be a 5 RB, behind only Peterson, Foster, and Martin. Baring injury, today might be his floor. In the event of injury, would it be a committee of Starks/Kuhn?
Haha. I own him in a lot of leagues so I'd love this, but really??? You're off your rocker.
It depends on the scoring system, but in TD-heavy leagues he's definitely top 5. Name other RBs likely to score more TDs? Take Ridley off the list. Maybe Steven Jackson.

He's the guy, and that was great to see. He looked awkward presenting a target to Rodgers after chipping - hopefully that improves so he can get more targets. Some good, some not so good.

steveski said:
SoBeDad said:
It depends on the scoring system, but in TD-heavy leagues he's definitely top 5. Name other RBs likely to score more TDs? Take Ridley off the list. Maybe Steven Jackson.
Lynch, Richardson, McCoy, Spiller, Sjax, Morris

Don't feel like wasting any more time listing off the next 5 or so RB's

And don't get me wrong, I'm rooting for you being right I just don't see it. If you are right then I'm going to win most of my leagues this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
steveski said:
SoBeDad said:
maybe in an NFC North only league

steveski said:
SoBeDad said:
I've been a pretty vocal supporter of Lacy's, but this is just cuckoo.

This was good to see, a solid performance vs one of the best D's in the league on the road.

He looks like a solid RB2 with upside and is pretty much a must start going forward unless you are stacked @RB!

Just as I stated at the top of this page, I own him in a lot of leagues. Needless to say, I'm not happy. Hopefully this is a quick recovery. At least the guy who did it hurt himself when he tried to do it to Starks 20 minutes later.

I couldn't find a general thread solely about Lacy, so figured this was as good of a place as any.

With a week off due to concussion and a bye coming up, I'd like to hear other peoples opinion on where he stands for the rest of the season assuming he comes back week 5. This is a very pivotal time in his value and am very interested in gauging it for both buying and selling opportunities. Do you think he will reclaim the bulk of the carries, hole RB2/3/Flex status when he's back, come back to a three headed RRBC?

I am not sure if like or dislike this update from Roto.

Eddie Lacy (concussion) expects to play when the Packers come out of their bye in Week 5.
This is not a lock because Lacy failed his concussion test on Saturday. But he has been cleared for exercise and the belief is that he'll be cleared for contact when the Packers reconvene in ahead of their Oct. 6 game against the Lions. We won't know how Lacy is doing until Monday as he flew home to Louisiana yesterday. He was going to return to the feature back job anyway, but it certainly doesn't hurt that James Starks (knee) and John Kuhn (hamstring) are both nursing injuries of their own.

I am not sure if like or dislike this update from Roto.

Eddie Lacy (concussion) expects to play when the Packers come out of their bye in Week 5.
This is not a lock because Lacy failed his concussion test on Saturday. But he has been cleared for exercise and the belief is that he'll be cleared for contact when the Packers reconvene in ahead of their Oct. 6 game against the Lions. We won't know how Lacy is doing until Monday as he flew home to Louisiana yesterday. He was going to return to the feature back job anyway, but it certainly doesn't hurt that James Starks (knee) and John Kuhn (hamstring) are both nursing injuries of their own.
Hes got two weeks to pass it

Well yeah I get that, but he didn't pass it Saturday. I'd rather he had passed it even though he didn't play..that's all.

Curious to see the workload distribution if he is a full go for a big divisional home game in week 5. Pack are 1-2 after all.. no more fartin around.

HAs LAcy ever had a concussion in college before? As a former Jahvid Best owner, I cringe a bit when a young guy has lingering concussion symptoms.

HAs LAcy ever had a concussion in college before? As a former Jahvid Best owner, I cringe a bit when a young guy has lingering concussion symptoms.
I don't think so. 10 years ago he likely would have gone back in the game. This cuncussion was very different than the Best concussions.

Eddie Lacy (concussion) participated "in all aspects" Monday's practice.
It was just an informal session ahead of Wednesday's official return to practice, but it's an excellent sign for Lacy's Week 5 prospects. With James Starks (knee) sitting out on Monday, Lacy could be immediately thrust back into bell-cow duties, though fellow rookie Johnathan Franklin showed well enough in Week 3 that he should get a look as a change-of-pace back.

Is anyone concerned by the fact that in his one true game against San Fran he was very mediocre on the ground finishing with a 2.9YPC?

At the time we assumed it was because of the 49ers stout run defense, but since then we've seen that they are capable of being run on (See IND, SEA).

Is anyone concerned by the fact that in his one true game against San Fran he was very mediocre on the ground finishing with a 2.9YPC?

At the time we assumed it was because of the 49ers stout run defense, but since then we've seen that they are capable of being run on (See IND, SEA).
Too early to be worried IMO.

As a Lacy owner, I was more concerned that Jon Franklin looked notably better than Lacy and Starks in the last half of football this team played (sans the notorious game-losing fumble). I was concerned enough pull the trigger on a trade to free up room to grab Franklin as a result. And now I get to play the who knows who to start game with these two. It's Lacy for now, but if Starks comes back any time soon, this could turn into a very ugly committee with all three being complete wildcards in any given week and near unstartable.

Still, if you own Lacy and Franklin is out there, you may want to grab the latter if you can. Their prospects for late season fantasy glory are closer than we all thought at the beginning of the season. Franklin looked like a gamer and a PPR beast last game. I've been pimping him all offseason, so this post is biased, probably. But watch Franklin's plays from the Cincy game and tell me he doesn't look good. He showed that same knack for vision, catching and big plays for years at UCLA. I realize that the Pac 10 isn't the SEC, but this guy was a beast his last two years in college and now he's flashed as a pro.

Im not worried about Starks at all. Franklin will get touches, maybe he becomes the 3rd down back, but Lacy is still the guy to own here (when healthy). Im trying to buy Lacy before this week's games in leagues I don't have him in.

Im not worried about Starks at all. Franklin will get touches, maybe he becomes the 3rd down back, but Lacy is still the guy to own here (when healthy). Im trying to buy Lacy before this week's games in leagues I don't have him in.
I think you are right on this.

Big week in determining Lacy's value up or down. SF game was decent, then concussion, out, Bye. Starks out of the picture for now and a clear 2 horse battle for touches against a team that should give up some points.

I currently own Lacy but just put out an offer to the Franklin owner. I think Lacy is slightly overvalued and Franklin is slightly undervalued at the moment, but I am happy to be wrong.

Anyways, definitely a :popcorn: week for the Lacy owners.

Big week in determining Lacy's value up or down. SF game was decent, then concussion, out, Bye. Starks out of the picture for now and a clear 2 horse battle for touches against a team that should give up some points.

I currently own Lacy but just put out an offer to the Franklin owner. I think Lacy is slightly overvalued and Franklin is slightly undervalued at the moment, but I am happy to be wrong.

Anyways, definitely a :popcorn: week for the Lacy owners.
Yeah, will be tuned in with interest. They say the Lions can be run on too so it raises the expectations for me. I expect at least 80 yards and a touch.

Franklin's become the wild card because he did look good in his touches before the bye. That said, Lacy has a chance to put his mark on the season and the franchise but it needs to start this week.

I don't think GB staff can ignore Franklin's 13/103 effort vs solid Cincy D/ST. It will be interesting to see how this plays out. I am surprised how much higher Lacy is ranked compared to Franklin in both Fball Guys and ESPN polls. Rankings suggest majority of carries expected to go to Lacy.

I shipped Eddie Lacy for Vincent Jackson today. Done deal.

Thread's been great, good input from most along the way.

interesting. Out of curiosity, is that because you are down on Lacy going forward or for some reason higher on VJax due to Glennon? I own both Lacy and VJax and I would probably not have made that trade. Then again, I was offered Ray Rice for Vick and Lacy and turned it down..

Just interesting to see others perceived value of Lacy.

I don't think GB staff can ignore Franklin's 13/103 effort vs solid Cincy D/ST. It will be interesting to see how this plays out. I am surprised how much higher Lacy is ranked compared to Franklin in both Fball Guys and ESPN polls. Rankings suggest majority of carries expected to go to Lacy.
He's the third string RB on a team that likes to use one guy.

interesting. Out of curiosity, is that because you are down on Lacy going forward or for some reason higher on VJax due to Glennon? I own both Lacy and VJax and I would probably not have made that trade. Then again, I was offered Ray Rice for Vick and Lacy and turned it down..

It's because RB's were my strength and my WR3 has been Britt, Vincent Brown, Eddie Royal, and Chris Givens. I'm tired of playing that game, none ever gave me points worth a crap when I started them. I still have Doug Martin (big Tampa fan, I am, suddenly!), Gio Bernard, Jones-Drew, and Joique Bell.

He, on the other hand, was starting Lamar Miller and Cunningham (of StLouis) this week with only Morris on the bench. And he still has Dez Bryant and a few other WR's.

I am not down on Lacy. I'm not even sure I will come out ahead on this trade. I'm not high on Glennon or what he may bring, either. It was just a move I felt I needed to make, and it's HOPEFULLY a good buy-low time on Vincent Jackson.

Edit: Oh, and I'm not going to lie, the guy I traded with (who is 1-3 with a weak team) is facing last year's champion (currently 2-2, but has a good team) this week. So I don't really mind giving the guy's team a boost this week. Enemy of my enemy thing. I know that part of it is VERY short sighted, and I'd have made the trade anyway, but just throwing it out there as something I noticed.

It's because RB's were my strength and my WR3 has been Britt, Vincent Brown, Eddie Royal, and Chris Givens. I'm tired of playing that game, none ever gave me points worth a crap when I started them. I still have Doug Martin (big Tampa fan, I am, suddenly!), Gio Bernard, Jones-Drew, and Joique Bell.

He, on the other hand, was starting Lamar Miller and Cunningham (of StLouis) this week with only Morris on the bench. And he still has Dez Bryant and a few other WR's.

I am not down on Lacy. I'm not even sure I will come out ahead on this trade. I'm not high on Glennon or what he may bring, either. It was just a move I felt I needed to make, and it's HOPEFULLY a good buy-low time on Vincent Jackson.
gotcha. thanks

Are you sure Lacy is going to be "the guy"? Perhaps you're right, but I don't see it being clear cut. I saw the 49'er game. Lacy looked okay, but definitely nothing special. He lost a critical fumble which may have lost them the game as well. So you can't make the argument that he has proven to protect the ball any better. I didn't see the game Starks had, but he clearly put up better numbers than Lacy. Whatever that's worth. Then there was Franklin's half against one of the best front 7's in the league. He didn't just look good, he looked special and it was all him making the plays. They had him hemmed up several times and he showed excellent vision and patience to set up his blocks for the cutback. Turned losses into big gains. I don't see how that gets ignored when the coaches go back and watch that game film. I don't pretend to know who McCarthy is going to roll with, but I don't see how its cut and dry at all and I certainly don't think Lacy will now have a long leash. Whatever happens, let's just all hope it doesn't turn into the hot hand situation.

Are you sure Lacy is going to be "the guy"? Perhaps you're right, but I don't see it being clear cut. I saw the 49'er game. Lacy looked okay, but definitely nothing special. He lost a critical fumble which may have lost them the game as well. So you can't make the argument that he has proven to protect the ball any better. I didn't see the game Starks had, but he clearly put up better numbers than Lacy. Whatever that's worth. Then there was Franklin's half against one of the best front 7's in the league. He didn't just look good, he looked special and it was all him making the plays. They had him hemmed up several times and he showed excellent vision and patience to set up his blocks for the cutback. Turned losses into big gains. I don't see how that gets ignored when the coaches go back and watch that game film. I don't pretend to know who McCarthy is going to roll with, but I don't see how its cut and dry at all and I certainly don't think Lacy will now have a long leash. Whatever happens, let's just all hope it doesn't turn into the hot hand situation.
Lacy didn't look special because he didn't have room to run. Franklin did. Franklin was the 4th string back before 3 injuries put him in a game that - while looking good (like Starks the week before) - he lost with an untimely fumble. McCarthy doesn't use a RBBC. He likes to have one guy. They liked Lacy more as a prospect, they liked him more during camp, then preseason, etc. I don't think 13 carries are going to change that.

Before his bye I was working a combo of D Jax, Vereen and Jimmy Graham for Edelman, Lacy and Gronk - it was centered around ongoing discussions of D Jax for Lacy, which is probably decent value (granted, Lacy had his bye coming up and D Jax had not #### the bed this past week)... I was trying to get a little more and he came back asking for Julius Thomas instead of Gronk.

Long story - convoluted trade where I was shocked that he would have traded Graham for an injured gronk and then for Orange Julius.

Short story - I think Lacy's value was and is about D Jax.

Lacy didn't look special because he didn't have room to run. Franklin did. Franklin was the 4th string back before 3 injuries put him in a game that - while looking good (like Starks the week before) - he lost with an untimely fumble. McCarthy doesn't use a RBBC. He likes to have one guy. They liked Lacy more as a prospect, they liked him more during camp, then preseason, etc. I don't think 13 carries are going to change that.
Franklin had room to run? If you're saying that, you didn't watch the game. That was what was so impressive. He didn't have room. Several times the Cincy LBs had their gaps filled, Franklin waited for his blocks found a cutback crease and showed nice burst threw it. Turned nothing into big plays.

Once again, the fumble argument is nil. Lacy's fumble wasn't any less significant. They were backed up inside their own 20, on the road, in a tied ball game, playing the defending NFC champs. A game that could have very significant playoff implications. Thats exactly the kind of position and point in a game when a coach calls a nice safe run up the middle, which is exactly what McCarthy did. Lacy didn't protect the football, coughed it up, the niners go up by seven and GB ultimately loses the game by 6. Sorry, but that was a pretty big fumble too. Especially when it very well could be the difference between playing in GB or in San Fran come December.

Franklin had room to run? If you're saying that, you didn't watch the game.
False.

Again, 13 touches from the 4th string back who showed nothing in camp and struggles in protection is not going to cause McCarthy to change his MO and use a RBBC.

Franklin had room to run? If you're saying that, you didn't watch the game.
False.

Again, 13 touches from the 4th string back who showed nothing in camp and struggles in protection is not going to cause McCarthy to change his MO and use a RBBC.
All kinds of room. I'm sure Lacy would have made those plays.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1785928-johnathan-franklin-deserves-credit-for-breakout-performance-in-week-3

Those are three pretty good plays. Maybe he makes a couple equally nice runs against SF, had he played. I don't know. I do know that Lacy had very little to work with in SF - who was in the backfield more often than Cincy was.

I also know Lacy was a better prospect and - like Starks and Harris - beat Franklin out in camp and was named the starter, by a coach who has yet to use a RBBC.

Considering my other options are DWill and Jacquizz with tough matchups, I'm rolling with Eddie but I'm not expecting too much.

Users who are viewing this thread