What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Anyone not like Eddie Lacy? (2 Viewers)

New Seahawks RB Eddie Lacy's contract includes monthly weight clauses.
Lacy gets $55,000 for every month he meets the team's target weight. It's 255 for May, 250 for June and August, and 245 for the season. It jibes with Pete Carroll's Tuesday assertion that the Seahawks want Lacy to play in the 240s. Even with Lacy currently in the 260s, they're perfectly reasonable goals. Lacy will be on the wrong side of a career crossroads if he can't get in shape this season.

Source: Field Yates on Twitter 
Mar 16 - 7:45 PM

but WheelsUp said his eyes say he's already below 255

unless seattle has a habit of just giving money away and Lacy is already at 255 or close it. must be over 260. Seattle's not about to shell out money for the guy to lose about 2 pounds over the next 6 weeks

Last edited by a moderator:
Ironic Brew, as you brought it back up with your remark, not me. This time, make sure you are actually done debating it. ;-)
Lacy is a fat man, no one disagrees, but 267? Naive to think that. Its so amazing people see that picture and say he is 267.
There are multiple pictures circulating, none look at 267. Google what a guy who is 5'11 and 270 looks like.
My guess is 250 ish right now. The numbers in the incentive line up.

Field Yates ‏ 33minutes ago
Eddie Lacy's weight incentives breakdown ($55k for each month achieved)
May: 255 lbs
June & August: 250 lbs
September-December: 245 lbs

I wanna add, what is up with talking positive about a player mean you own them or have an agenda? Are people that simple minded and short sighted? Do we have to constantly talk negative about players to feel cool and accepted?
So clueless :lmao:

Or, you can just look at the photo and see for yourself.
His wiki page lists him at 250lbs. What's so hard to believe that he hit 267 after a cheat day turned into a cheat month.

The Seahawks contract weight incentives imply he's in the 260's right now. Those incentives are easy money too.

Lacy signing contract >>> http://www.dynastytradecalculator.com/dynasty-rookie-rankings.html
Lacy at airport >>> https://twitter.com/christomasson/status/841687173015429121

No one has confirmed that he is 267, not one person but a guy who cited unnamed sources. Incentives are there to incentivise, you can incentivise people to stay at something like 255 and not gain more. They already gave the guy you claim is 267 lbs based off an unsubstantiated report, 3 mil in guaranteed money, but 55k is a lot and crossing the line? You wanna follow the narrative, thats fine, but you're getting upset when you are the one who said you were done arguing about it. What is up with people saying they will do something and not doing it? Be done then.

Look at the title of the thread. lol Goes to my point, people only want to trash players around here and this was started years ago. We wonder why threads get so argumentative. People get angry when you defend players or try to not trash them consistently. I have conceded he is fat, but since I have not conceded he is fat enough it angers some. The irony is the clueless ones are the people who just hate and cant find any positives. Glad to see the guy who only provides emoticons still only provides such, you cant expect people who cant discuss topics in depth to do better than that I suppose.

I would hope that by signing a 250 guy for 5 million to be a rb in the NFL would kind of imply that he shouldn't gain more weight. It will be another reclaimation project for Pete carrol, took a floundering lynch and turned him into beast mode. Took a fat Mike Williams and got a year out of him. On to lacy, we will see how it turns out.

Breaking News, Eddie Lacy to change position's to DT. It's the one position where they want him to GAIN weight. What as sad waste of talent because he can't stop eating. He probably cost himself 20MIL dollars over food in the last 2 years  :rolleyes:

There is so much hate and stupidity in this thread. 

Everyone is fixated on his weight and act as if his weight determines his success. He has always been big! He was super fat last year and still had a 5 yard clip per carry. 

Spare the weight argument he's a big mofo that is motivated on a new team that fits his running style perfect.  He's going to be a beast in that system and probably have his best year to date. This is my opinion. 

But seriously a bunch of grown men squabbling over 15 pounds on a 260 plus guy makes me embarrassed for you.  It's comical really. 

There is so much hate and stupidity in this thread. 

Everyone is fixated on his weight and act as if his weight determines his success. He has always been big! He was super fat last year and still had a 5 yard clip per carry. 

Spare the weight argument he's a big mofo that is motivated on a new team that fits his running style perfect.  He's going to be a beast in that system and probably have his best year to date. This is my opinion. 

But seriously a bunch of grown men squabbling over 15 pounds on a 260 plus guy makes me embarrassed for you.  It's comical really. 
He started the 2016 season at 235. He got hurt at 265. So between August and October he put on 30 pounds. He also got hurt. Probably not a coincidence. 

His bad season in 2015 where he was benched for James Starks he weighed 255. That's not significant for you?! 

The guy is over 260 arguably. That's a big difference. 

You want to reference last season, 71 carries isn't a big sample size. I want to be clear before I say the next thing, I'm not an advocate for taking away "that one long run" for guys, because it's completely cherry picking his stats, but it's not like he was ripping off 5 yards each time he carried the ball. I think it's important to look at the CARRIES he had individually, not the end result. He had long runs of 25 yards or more 4 of the 5 games he played in. Besides that he was largely ineffective (pun not intended).

Unless he can get down to 240 (and stay there), I think you're more likely to see a repeat of 2015 numbers than 2016. We can only weight and see I guess... ha... ha... ha... 

Bad news for LACY owners......

Word has it that Lynch is going to help him get settled in with the team.......bad news...can you say SKITTLES??? So much for Lacy getting his weight down... :P

I can just see Eddie at the Buffet line...."I'm in the top .1% of people given the rare chance to play in the NFL, and I'm on my 3rd chance to get my weight down and stay in the game and make big money.......but that orange chicken looks so good, and look at that Sunday bar....ok, time to buckle down....only 3 more trips"....

This just in........Seattle area Hometown Buffets are posting Eddie Lacy's photo at the counter with a "do not serve" notification.....apparently the Seahawks are pulling out all the stops to help LACY. 

Faste LACY, Faste!! Life might be like a box of chocolates, but you need to put that box down!!

unless seattle has a habit of just giving money away and Lacy is already at 255 or close it. must be over 260. Seattle's not about to shell out money for the guy to lose about 2 pounds over the next 6 weeks
That's an awful take.  They are paying him to MAINTAIN his weight.  Whether he's there already or not in incidental.  They want him to get there and stay there and each month that goal is lower.

That's an awful take.  They are paying him to MAINTAIN his weight.  Whether he's there already or not in incidental.  They want him to get there and stay there and each month that goal is lower.

that posting was in response to WheelsUp convinced that he was 255 already which I guess at the end of the day it doesn't matter

even if he's 255... that's 25-30 pounds more than how much he weighed when he performed his best. and 35 more pounds than lynch when Lynch was successful in this system.

if he can get trim and stay trim I'll gladly eat my words. In "China food" even

I'm careful to assign money opinions to other people. I have met pro athletes that are as thrifty as anyone you could meet.

Fact is, we don't know what 385 grand means to him.
That's a lot of china food  ;)

You're correct though. Lacy may very well be motivated by this. I agree with Pete Carroll... if he can get down to 240 and stay there I think he will have a very successful season. I have no doubt he will meet his target weight at these deadlines. I am just skeptical that he will keep the weight off, because historically he's put it all back on even during the season. 

Once again, I have no idea how much he actually weighs but putting a weight clause in a contract that he must be at certain weight limits each month does not necessarily mean he's already over that weight limit. They may just not want him running out to a buffet now that he signed his contract and gain weight. It could be an incentive to "maintain" and not "lose".

Once again, I have no idea how much he actually weighs but putting a weight clause in a contract that he must be at certain weight limits each month does not necessarily mean he's already over that weight limit. They may just not want him running out to a buffet now that he signed his contract and gain weight. It could be an incentive to "maintain" and not "lose".
...and maybe the aliens really did help build the pyramids.

We don't really know.

Bad news for LACY owners......

Word has it that Lynch is going to help him get settled in with the team.......bad news...can you say SKITTLES??? So much for Lacy getting his weight down... :P

I can just see Eddie at the Buffet line...."I'm in the top .1% of people given the rare chance to play in the NFL, and I'm on my 3rd chance to get my weight down and stay in the game and make big money.......but that orange chicken looks so good, and look at that Sunday bar....ok, time to buckle down....only 3 more trips"....
I wish you would go away. Your post are childish and make you look silly.  You act like my 5 year old. 

Seriously whats the point? I don't care one way or the other but it's guys like you that real interested parties leave FBG. 

hoffman0001 said:
This just in........Seattle area Hometown Buffets are posting Eddie Lacy's photo at the counter with a "do not serve" notification.....apparently the Seahawks are pulling out all the stops to help LACY. 

Faste LACY, Faste!! Life might be like a box of chocolates, but you need to put that box down!!
Are you writing this from daycare? Does mommy know you have her phone? 

I wish you would go away. Your post are childish and make you look silly.  You act like my 5 year old. 

Seriously whats the point? I don't care one way or the other but it's guys like you that real interested parties leave FBG. 
WOW....really? Why so nasty?

I read about this yesterday.  I'm a Packer fan and was one who wouldn't have minded bring Lacy back.  He sure takes a lot of abuse for his weight and it is a major concern but he was a valuable contributor to the Packers and seems like overall is a pretty decent guy.  I hope he gets his weight in check and does well.

I read about this yesterday.  I'm a Packer fan and was one who wouldn't have minded bring Lacy back.  He sure takes a lot of abuse for his weight and it is a major concern but he was a valuable contributor to the Packers and seems like overall is a pretty decent guy.  I hope he gets his weight in check and does well.
I was hoping we'd bring him back on a reasonable salary but after hearing his weight I'm glad we didn't. I much prefer Ty and a rookie in that case. However, he has never been a problem player. He is obviously a good person. Just loves food. 

I've always liked Lacy and though I can see the reason for all the shade (he only brought it on himself by not getting something controllable under control), he's one guy I am rooting to come back strong and prove doubters wrong.

Even better if he does it at 250+ to stick a fork (ahem) in the eye of all the body shamers.

He has proven himself to me as someone who has a lot of talent and skill and can be a fantastic (if not elite) NFL back. Just need to be consistent. at that level. 

Plow on Eddie. Plow on. 

Eddie Lacy checked in at 253 pounds during his first weigh-in with the Seahawks.
The NFL offseason is amazing. Lacy needed to weigh under 255 pounds to earn a $55,000 bonus. The Seahawks want Lacy to be under 250 by the summer and maintain a playing weight of 245 during the season.

Source: Sports Trust Advisors on Twitter 
May 15 - 12:58 PM

According to Wheels Up, Lacy has gained weight. That can't be good

I have no doubt he is maybe 245ish in that pick based off height and size.
FTR: I have no doubt he will get to 245. I just have a suspicion come October he will need a bigger pant size

He's never been a small back, and he was averaging 5 ypc before he got injured last year, not sure why people don't think he could do that again in Seattle with a quarterback known for running. I know Rodgers runs too, but he doesn't have the same reputation for it.  My only worry with his weight is staying healthy. If he can stay healthy, he'll have the opportunity to rush for 1000 yards and lots of TDs. It sounds like Carroll wants him to be their goal line back which could have Lacy mimicking Blount from last year.

He's never been a small back, and he was averaging 5 ypc before he got injured last year, not sure why people don't think he could do that again in Seattle with a quarterback known for running. I know Rodgers runs too, but he doesn't have the same reputation for it.  My only worry with his weight is staying healthy. If he can stay healthy, he'll have the opportunity to rush for 1000 yards and lots of TDs. It sounds like Carroll wants him to be their goal line back which could have Lacy mimicking Blount from last year.
I don't think it's a coincidence that he gained all of his weight back that he lost all last offseason and then got hurt last year. 

He's such an enigma. In GB he was terribly misused. A big man with the foot grace of a ballerina comes rarely in the NFL; Bettis is the best comparison in my mind. But GB drafts him to work out of a pass-happy offense. He has some success, with his talent it was inevitable he'd register on the board, but McCarthy continued to split his carries with a smaller and less talented back, never letting him bruise his way to success. Anyone who watched Lacy carefully over the last few years knows he has a legit chance to be a 1500 yard back, given health and opportunity. He definitely has the talent, the burst, the foot ability, the power, etc.

Scheme-wise, Seattle was the perfect landing spot. But this is not the o-line that blocked for Lynch. This is also not the same competition he saw in GB. James freaking Starks stole carries there. Here he has the talented Prosise and Rawls to contend with. They will get their touches, especially Prosise on 3rd downs. Which means Lacy with compete with Rawls on the thumper downs. Unless he comes into camp in the best shape of his career and establishes himself early with a couple great games, Lacy will be a fantasy wasteland. 

Maybe I'm just bitter. I took him in the second round of my dynasty startup in 2015, and he's one of the reasons my team has been awful. Just awful. The fat *******.

I would have liked to see him make a statement and come in weighing a little less but at least he is on course for now.

I know everyone loves to hate on Fat Eddy but I think he has a chance to flirt being an RB1 in standard and should be an RB2 in PPR.He has proven to be very talented and Seattle paid him like a starting RB, I also think their lack of faith in Rawls is one of the reasons they signed him.

I would have liked to see him make a statement and come in weighing a little less but at least he is on course for now.

I know everyone loves to hate on Fat Eddy but I think he has a chance to flirt being an RB1 in standard and should be an RB2 in PPR.He has proven to be very talented and Seattle paid him like a starting RB, I also think their lack of faith in Rawls is one of the reasons they signed him.
Eddie Lacy is guaranteed 2.8 million dollars. 

Danny Woodhead, Theo Riddick, Ryan Mathews, Bilal Powell, Shane Vereen, James White are all guaranteed more. Chris Thompson is guaranteed about the same (2.75). I wouldn't necessarily call that starting RB salary. 

Seattle has very little invested in him in the grand scheme of things. Goes to show what the market really was for a perennially overweight RB who just got off a significant injury. 

If he hits, it's quite the coup for Seattle. If he doesn't, they are only out backup RB money. It's a pretty decent deal for seattle who really needs a RB, however I think they are just fine behind Lacy TBH... it'll be a time share with them trying to get the most out of Lacy that they can until he gets hurt

Eddie Lacy takes on the P90X 30-day challenge

Eddie Lacy is doing the P90X 30-day challenge in his latest effort to drop weight.

Lacy recently weighed 253. His goal is to get to 245 by Week 1. "The 30-day challenge, it’s pretty much something else that I can do to help me reach my goal, reach what I have to do to stay in condition and be in better condition," Lacy said. Lacy earns $55,000 in incentives if he weighs 250 in July and August, and $55,000 each time he weighs in below 245 during the season.

Source: Tacoma News Tribune

Jun 4 - 2:01 PM

God it'd be a miracle blessing if this guy turns back into a reliable RB1. Hell, at this point I'd taken an average RB2. 

One of the biggest reasons my fantasy team sucks is because I drafted this guy in the second round of our startup. 

Eddie Lacy is guaranteed 2.8 million dollars. 

It's a little disingenuous to look at it that way since the incentives are easily attainable so it's a $5.5MM one year deal. As long as he makes weight and is active on game days that's his salary. 

It's a little disingenuous to look at it that way since the incentives are easily attainable so it's a $5.5MM one year deal. As long as he makes weight and is active on game days that's his salary. 
What I meant by that is if they cut him, he's due 2.8. Yes, with incentives (which are easily attainable as you mention) it's 5.5. He has to stay healthy which is the big concern. If he gets hurt he loses a lot of money. But so does any athlete. You are correct if he fulfills his side he gets 5.5 so that is really his salary. I was just stating what he was guaranteed... 

Users who are viewing this thread