What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Anyone renew Global Entry / NEXUS / SENTRI lately? (1 Viewer)

Going on 4 months now...still pending.

Bang up job, boys!
I renewed mine and my two daughters a month ago (Nexus). It is in pending status, but because of delays they are tacking on another year before expiration (as long as you are in pending status).
Mine shows pending but also expired. Maybe because I didn't start the renewal process until AFTER (three weeks) the expiration date?

If so, that would suck.

Alright, help me out here. Applied for Global Entry, status just updated to conditionally approved. I live in SC but right over the border from Charlotte, NC. Next step is to schedule an interview, right? They have an office in the Charlotte airport, click on it and it says appointments full through 7/31/23. I put in a date for after that and Charlotte doesn't come up. I take it out for months and Charlotte never comes up so what to do? Is there a number I can call or something? Just go there and hope for the best? What's the move here?

Put in for renewal about a month ago and kind of forgot about it. Seeing this thread just spurred me to check. Still pending review.

Alright, help me out here. Applied for Global Entry, status just updated to conditionally approved. I live in SC but right over the border from Charlotte, NC. Next step is to schedule an interview, right? They have an office in the Charlotte airport, click on it and it says appointments full through 7/31/23. I put in a date for after that and Charlotte doesn't come up. I take it out for months and Charlotte never comes up so what to do? Is there a number I can call or something? Just go there and hope for the best? What's the move here?
Based on my experience 5 years ago and at a different airport (Logan) if you've got a free day you can show up and let them know you'd like to take any slot where there's a no-show and it should work.

Don't know if things are different today or location dependent though.

As of two months ago they had virtual interview slots - that was fast and easy.

I clicked on everything I could find and didn't see a link for a virtual interview. You're not eligible if you are a new Trusted Traveler but I have TSA Pre-Check so I don't feel like I am. Regardless, I might have to plan a business trip around an interview someplace or shell out the $29 for the service that finds you next available appointment.

Side question, other than my bubbly personality, do I need to bring anything to said interview other than my passport and drivers license?

I clicked on everything I could find and didn't see a link for a virtual interview. You're not eligible if you are a new Trusted Traveler but I have TSA Pre-Check so I don't feel like I am. Regardless, I might have to plan a business trip around an interview someplace or shell out the $29 for the service that finds you next available appointment.

Side question, other than my bubbly personality, do I need to bring anything to said interview other than my passport and drivers license?
like you said, maybe pass thru an airport with an available slot or open the scheduler every day and refresh every so often. id is what you bring and the application printed maybe?

10 months, still "pending"...
So when you say "still pending" is that before or after the interview? I filled everything out this weekend and by Tuesday was notified I was "conditionally approved". I have to book a flight to get an in person interview but I am conditionally approved.

So when you say "still pending" is that before or after the interview? I filled everything out this weekend and by Tuesday was notified I was "conditionally approved". I have to book a flight to get an in person interview but I am conditionally approved.

This has been 10 months waiting for a renewal, no interview needed from what I understand.

That's really odd as we renewed Global Entry on line a couple years ago and it was processed overnight, even though it said "it may take a few weeks".
I wonder what changed?

This has been 10 months waiting for a renewal, no interview needed from what I understand.

Email came today notifying me of my renewal approval. Total processing time 310 days.

I talked with a DHS officer when I got my appointment in f'ing Iowa (I live in Chicago) and the lack of appointments is because they don't have all available slots released on the webpage. They release them in groups. I did find an app for Apple phones, costs 5 bucks, it's called Global Interview. You select the offices you want to be notified of appointments at and it will popup on your phone, then you have to get to the DHS website and schedule the appointment. It was a lot easier to get appointments using the app.

Email came today notifying me of my renewal approval. Total processing time 310 days.
Better late than never :lol:

I talked with a DHS officer when I got my appointment in f'ing Iowa (I live in Chicago) and the lack of appointments is because they don't have all available slots released on the webpage. They release them in groups. I did find an app for Apple phones, costs 5 bucks, it's called Global Interview. You select the offices you want to be notified of appointments at and it will popup on your phone, then you have to get to the DHS website and schedule the appointment. It was a lot easier to get appointments using the app.
That explains a lot. I signed up for a more expensive (one time $12) that did the same thing and I got inundated by appointment opportunities on Saturday (six maybe?). I signed up for two different times in late August on the same day. Once you hit the enter button to accept the appointment it goes back to the home screen with no verification email or number to say it went through so I'm hoping I'm good to go. We'll find out when I show up I guess :shrug:

For my closest airport (Charlotte) had I not used this system, I would have never got an appointment. The website says they are 365 days on appointments and when I started getting the email notifications for the openings, they were all gone within an hour. Unless you live in or plan to fly through some of the airports that always have openings, I don't know how else you could schedule an appointment without one of these apps.

That explains a lot. I signed up for a more expensive (one time $12) that did the same thing and I got inundated by appointment opportunities on Saturday (six maybe?). I signed up for two different times in late August on the same day. Once you hit the enter button to accept the appointment it goes back to the home screen with no verification email or number to say it went through so I'm hoping I'm good to go. We'll find out when I show up I guess :shrug:

For my closest airport (Charlotte) had I not used this system, I would have never got an appointment. The website says they are 365 days on appointments and when I started getting the email notifications for the openings, they were all gone within an hour. Unless you live in or plan to fly through some of the airports that always have openings, I don't know how else you could schedule an appointment without one of these apps.
If you look on the Trusted Travel Program DHS dashboard once you log in it should list your appointment there.

Still pissed that I missed renewing before my expiration date in March. So dumb.

Especially considering I responded to this post in January. :wall:

If you look on the Trusted Travel Program DHS dashboard once you log in it should list your appointment there.
****! nothing. I hate this system

I received an e-mail at around 2:30a this morning indicating that my renewal application had been conditionally approved so I quickly jumped onto the DHS site to see if there were any appointments at my local airport (MIA). The first available was for September 5th so I grabbed it. I noticed that they had an option to select a remote, Zoom interview but there was not any availability for the foreseeable future.

I received an e-mail at around 2:30a this morning indicating that my renewal application had been conditionally approved so I quickly jumped onto the DHS site to see if there were any appointments at my local airport (MIA). The first available was for September 5th so I grabbed it. I noticed that they had an option to select a remote, Zoom interview but there was not any availability for the foreseeable future.
Decided to check the website again and saw that there was one single Zoom opening on August 8th so I snapped it up.

Moved my interview from in-person on September 5th to Zoom on August 8th.

One month earlier and I don't have to leave the house. Perfect.

I renewed my Global Entry last year, early. Like in January of 2022. The earliest I could get an in-person interview was in December of 2022. I showed up for that and got it processed.

I finally got my Global Entry renewed last week. But I didn't need another interview. Just added 5 more years to my expiration date.
I'll take it.

Decided to check the website again and saw that there was one single Zoom opening on August 8th so I snapped it up.

Moved my interview from in-person on September 5th to Zoom on August 8th.

One month earlier and I don't have to leave the house. Perfect.
Checked again right now and found one singular open appointment for later this afternoon at my home airport.

I'll take it, even if I have to leave my house to do it!

So, just signed up for Global Entry less than 2 weeks ago. Got the email conditional approval within a couple days. Searched for interviews and nothing was coming up.

I pulled up the office here in St. Louis on Google Maps and the reviews said to check on Wednesday or Friday between 12p-6p. That's when interview slots show up. Sure enough, last Wednesday, I looked just after noon and all these appointment slots are available including next day even. None were there an hour earlier.

Of course, there's no mention of this window to look anywhere except for this one Google review.

Anyway, appointment set for tomorrow. AMEX Platinum covered the cost and Marriott Brilliant covered the other for my wife.

If you can't find an appointment, perhaps check reviews for the location you want and/or reddit to maybe see if there's a specific window.

UPDATE: Finally managed my in person interview for Global Entry a few weeks ago and got my card in the mail late last week. What a miserable process if you're not in a larger city.

UPDATE: Finally managed my in person interview for Global Entry a few weeks ago and got my card in the mail late last week. What a miserable process if you're not in a larger city.
Interview done today, already approved. Big city living, FTW.

I decided to register my wife for Global Entry. She was approved in less than 24 hours. Interviews were booked through Thanksgiving. Checked periodically over the course of a couple of weeks and was able to get an interview for her on Tuesday after checking again Monday afternoon. Easy peasy.

My approval took a few months, hers took a few hours.

I decided to register my wife for Global Entry. She was approved in less than 24 hours. Interviews were booked through Thanksgiving. Checked periodically over the course of a couple of weeks and was able to get an interview for her on Tuesday after checking again Monday afternoon. Easy peasy.

I've been waiting for 4+ months. Still says "pending review". I even had it before but let it expire during the pandemic...

Screw the traffic! :wink:

I just did my interview on a layover in Houston...this was before Covid so don't know how many of those type of slots are available nowadays.

I have a question: FA-Q

Funny story, this whole thing has been nothing but circus music playing in the back ground fiasco after fiasco. I signed up for the notification program for $12/mth. Closest airport is Charlotte and there is never an appointment available. So after 3 months, I finally get an appointment I can get to. Day of go up to the airport with the intention of parking in hourly, walking across the street and PROFIT! The parking situation in Charlotte right now is FUBAR at best, they went to a reservation system that is just ****. I was there a few weeks prior and used the hourly lot and no reservations were needed because, ya know....freaking HOURLY! So I didn't think anything of it, leave work early on the glorious day, get there with plenty of time and tool into the parking area like I own the place. I am met by one of the attendants that are always present now at the automated, reservation only system to explain that all lots are full and unless you have a reservation, you ain't getting in. Angrily I head to the cell lot to make a reservation, there are none available so after waiting 3 months I miss my appointment because of f'n parking.

Reschedule and as I'm sitting in the office waiting to be whisked away by a Homeland Security officer, another guy I work with walks in.
"What are you doing here?"
"I'm here for my appointment."
"I'm here to figure out how to get an appointment!"

So I tell him the secret and go over to my interview. I tell the lady who interviewed me about the chance encounter and she asks, "do you like him?" I kinda laugh because he used to be my old boss and threatened to fire me a couple of times but I tell here he's cool so she hooks me up with knowledge. She told me she is the one who releases the appointment schedule and it was coming up the following Monday. So I hook ex-boss up and WALA! Homeboy gets an appointment on Monday for November 2nd.

She told me she is the one who releases the appointment schedule
How ridiculous that it's not automated in some way.
Well it is but Charlotte seems to be a hotspot so as soon as appointments are released they get scooped up immediately. The agent giving me the 411 made a huge difference as they release the entire month of appointments at once. The service you pay for basically tells you when an appointment gets cancelled so it's all fully automated just that there are a limited number of agents in Charlotte (2) as opposed to a Dallas or Chicago where I assume there are more than (2).

Just did my renewal for Global Entry. I was approved within a couple of days. Doesn’t look like I’m required to have the interview like the first time even though initially the process indicated I did. Weird. Mrs. O didn’t have one either so I’m not complaining. I noticed they now have remote interviews fwiw, but looks like the backlog is still insane.

I've been waiting for 4+ months. Still says "pending review". I even had it before but let it expire during the pandemic...
Still waiting. Been well over 6 months now.

Still waiting. Been well over 6 months now.
Can you call them?

Just got my new Global Entry card in the mail after a week or so. This was a renewal and only required card activation. No interview whatsoever. Awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread