What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Anyone sitting AD this week? (1 Viewer)

gheemony

Footballguy
The FBG projections has decent numbers projected for AD, but not great numbers given that he faces the TEN defense, which has been stout. Is anyone sitting him for a "slightly" lesser talent (e.g., MJD, Turner) that is projected for a better game.

Seems like you just can't bench AD because he may have one of those monster games and you'd regret it all season.

No.

Too explosive. One play could score him starter's points. He'll have 20 shots at that play and a far higher chance of getting it than just about every other option.

You will get a lot of "Never bench your studs" responses, but I have debated starting a thread this week that he doesnt feel anything like the overall RB1 that the Top 250 continues to have him ranked at.

At this point Id rather have Westbrook, Barber, or Gore, with an honorable mention to Lynch and LT.

But Im starting him this week, and I do hope he has a few 150, 2 TD games in him this year. Next 2 weeks after this one come to mind..@NO and home vs Det.

Last edited by a moderator:
As much as I like the Titans' D, Steve Slaton ran all over them last week.

I'm not an AP owner but the only way he'd come out of my lineup is if he didn't play.

I am fascinated to see this week's rankings.

I won't list who FBGs has ranked above AP this week. But if you took every single FBG staff member and asked them if they'd start Chris Perry over AP this week, they'd roar with laughter. I know that AP is a little banged up and I know that Tenn has a tough run D. But I also know there's only a handful of guys that any smart owner would start over AP.

As much as I like the Titans' D, Steve Slaton ran all over them last week.I'm not an AP owner but the only way he'd come out of my lineup is if he didn't play.
and even then.......AP is currently 2nd in the NFL in rushing, only a few yards behind Turner despite having had to run against GB/Carolina instead of Det/KC and also being hurt last week. He's averaging 5.2 ypc and over 100 ypg. His only issue so far is that he's only scored 1 TD compared to 4-5 for some of those other guys. That will change. No way AP should ever be benched.

In 2007 did you bench Peterson last year against the revered Bears defense, or the AFC championship caliber Chargers defense?

I'll be at the game Sunday and wearing my Peterson jersey and starting him in every league where I am blessed to have Purple Jesus.

In 2007 did you bench Peterson last year against the revered Bears defense, or the AFC championship caliber Chargers defense?

I'll be at the game Sunday and wearing my Peterson jersey and starting him in every league where I am blessed to have Purple Jesus.
:confused:

I am fascinated to see this week's rankings. I won't list who FBGs has ranked above AP this week. But if you took every single FBG staff member and asked them if they'd start Chris Perry over AP this week, they'd roar with laughter. I know that AP is a little banged up and I know that Tenn has a tough run D. But I also know there's only a handful of guys that any smart owner would start over AP.
slaton, mccfadden, both MJD and f. taylor I mean come on, I could actually go on from there too.

If I couldn't bring myself to bench him last week, I certainly won't this week. I probably won't even bench him on his bye!

I benched ADP easily last week against Carolina and the RBBC threat since he was coming off an injury for CJ3. That being said, now that it's pretty clear he's back up to speed, I wouldn't want to bench him even with Tenn RD > Carolina... when your stud is gonna get 25+ touches a game, I think you take him vs the Steel Curtain unless your alternative is the Barbarian in a kindergarden playground.

You will get a lot of "Never bench your studs" responses, but I have debated starting a thread this week that he doesnt feel anything like the overall RB1 that the Top 250 continues to have him ranked at.At this point Id rather have Westbrook, Barber, or Gore, with an honorable mention to Lynch and LT.But Im starting him this week, and I do hope he has a few 150, 2 TD games in him this year. Next 2 weeks after this one come to mind..@NO and home vs Det.
WOW!You would rather have a broke down westbrook a gimpy LT this has been avg 2.6 ypc for a guy that is #2 in rushing yards and 1 week from getting his stud LT back in time for the Saints???Genius

You will get a lot of "Never bench your studs" responses, but I have debated starting a thread this week that he doesnt feel anything like the overall RB1 that the Top 250 continues to have him ranked at.At this point Id rather have Westbrook, Barber, or Gore, with an honorable mention to Lynch and LT.But Im starting him this week, and I do hope he has a few 150, 2 TD games in him this year. Next 2 weeks after this one come to mind..@NO and home vs Det.
WOW!You would rather have a broke down westbrook a gimpy LT this has been avg 2.6 ypc for a guy that is #2 in rushing yards and 1 week from getting his stud LT back in time for the Saints???Genius
Westbrook is far from broken down. If he misses this week so what Id still rather have him. His FF success is nowhere near as TD driven as ADP's, but just for good measure he scored 5 TDs in what amounts to 2 games.And LT was an honorable mention. It would be close but I would probably rather have ADP at this point.Don't read too much into my post. I listed 3 studs I'd take over him.. Not earth shattering. Me and the rest of the ADP owners are still waiting for that signature game to happen this season.

First of all, if Slaton can run on the Titans, so can Peterson.

But besides that, remember last year when Peterson faced the "vaunted" (sorry) Chargers run defense. The same kind of thread popped up and people talked about benching him. Remember how that turned out? IMO, the best players rise to the occassion when facing tough defenses. Peterson is too good to ever bench. He can score a ton at any time against any defense. Start him with confidence.

Westbrook is far from broken down. If he misses this week so what Id still rather have him. His FF success is nowhere near as TD driven as ADP's, but just for good measure he scored 5 TDs in what amounts to 2 games.And LT was an honorable mention. It would be close but I would probably rather have ADP at this point.Don't read too much into my post. I listed 3 studs I'd take over him.. Not earth shattering. Me and the rest of the ADP owners are still waiting for that signature game to happen this season.
I would not touch Westbrook with a 10ft pole.

One could argue that Marshawn Lynch is more dependable than any of these guys. Maybe not the break-out upsdie, but he's shown that his team is committed to getting him the ball plenty of times. Plus, he's injury free.

One could argue that Marshawn Lynch is more dependable than any of these guys. Maybe not the break-out upsdie, but he's shown that his team is committed to getting him the ball plenty of times. Plus, he's injury free.
I've got Peterson in one big $$ redraft league and M. Barber in another one. At this point I am MUCH more confident in Barber's ability to put up great numbers than Peterson. If I had my choice, I'd take Barber over Peterson in said league. That being said, the topic of the thread is regarding sitting Peterson or not. He's in as long as he's healthy- period. Someone mentioned it earlier but you never know when he's going to have one of those monster days. Last week Slaton nearly broke 2 long ones and even without breaking one he had a very nice game. Maybe it's just the Texans kinda' get up for the Oilers...I mean the Titans. But whatever it was the Texans O-line blocked well and Slaton ran well. BTW I live in Memphis and am very familiar with the the Titans D- I own them in one league and see often their ability to shut down a team. I kinda' have a feeling that Peterson is going to have a tough go of it this week but am leaving him in. :confused:

You gotta admit rankings are really just opinions but I would like to know in what universe Forte against the Eagles is a better start than Peterson against the Titans. I can see the sneakiness of the Perry call but I hear Shannon Sharp's voice here, "Come on Popa!"

Lynch missed three games due to an injury last year. He is just as susceptible as the rest of them.

As much as I like the Titans' D, Steve Slaton ran all over them last week.I don't understand why this should be the main reason to start someone in fantasy. You see this stuff all the time about how some stiff ran all over some team or some backup QB threw all over a team, so any player that's any good will have a big day against that same team. I understand the law of averages, but that stuff doesn't matter when you play in the NFL. Every week is different, look at Miami last week.

There are always odd games like a Slaton running all over a tough run D, that does not mean that every RB will run all over Tenn Def every week this year....Tenn did not gameplan for Slaton like they are for AP, could make a HUGE difference, then again AP might just be too good to hold down no matter what Def he's playing against.

I don't really see anybody predicting a big week from AP this week so there are some doubts...that said, he will be in my lineup this week, I'm in a TD heavy league so my expectations for him have been lowered for this season because I see him getting alot of yards this year but not enough TD's for my leagues scoring.

But besides that, remember last year when Peterson faced the "vaunted" (sorry) Chargers run defense. The same kind of thread popped up and people talked about benching him. Remember how that turned out? IMO, the best players rise to the occassion when facing tough defenses. Peterson is too good to ever bench. He can score a ton at any time against any defense. Start him with confidence.
:useless:

Adrian Peterson - PermaStarter

:goodposting:

Adrian Peterson - PermaStarter
:goodposting: I was one of those who benched Peterson last year vs. the Chargers, and I'm not going to repeat that again this year. I'm playing Peterson ahead of LJ, Graham, Selvin Young, and Chris Johnson.

Its AP not AD... almost didnt read the thread.

Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson (hamstring) was a limited participant during the team's Thursday practice.

Its AP not AD... almost didnt read the thread.

Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson (hamstring) was a limited participant during the team's Thursday practice.
Them's fightin' words...in an AD thread!

I'll be starting All Day after not starting him last week (that sorta worked out, but it won't work every time).

You gotta admit rankings are really just opinions but I would like to know in what universe Forte against the Eagles is a better start than Peterson against the Titans. I can see the sneakiness of the Perry call but I hear Shannon Sharp's voice here, "Come on Popa!"
:thumbup:

yeah I agree as well. I'm guessing Dodds was a big pimper of Forte before the season & he has looked great.. But it seems like when they talk up a guy before the season they keep them there.. No way I sould start Forte over Peterson if I owned them both..

/thread
I don't get it. :popcorn:
:hophead: It means "damn good post, son..." Nothing else needs to be said.

Seriously, if AD goes off, how do you feel if he's on your bench?
I never base who I start on this. I make a decision based on what I knew at the time and accept it.If there is something to learn from it, I'll do that. No regrets though...

...and I wouldn't bench AD again 07 Bush/Henry owner this week.

That is just darn :)

The FBG projections has decent numbers projected for AD, but not great numbers given that he faces the TEN defense, which has been stout. Is anyone sitting him for a "slightly" lesser talent (e.g., MJD, Turner) that is projected for a better game.

Seems like you just can't bench AD because he may have one of those monster games and you'd regret it all season.
AD?Anno Domini down?

Edited to add: All day uh. Interesting.

Damn hipsters.

Agree in general, but I think you take ADP over Barber because Dallas gets/will get a lot more passing TDs.I would start Turner over ADP if Turner had a favorable matchup, but not this week versus Carolina.As posted above, Tenn is not a defense that completely shuts down the run and furthermore ADP>>>>Slaton.

As much as I like the Titans' D, Steve Slaton ran all over them last week.I'm not an AP owner but the only way he'd come out of my lineup is if he didn't play.
and even then.......AP is currently 2nd in the NFL in rushing, only a few yards behind Turner despite having had to run against GB/Carolina instead of Det/KC and also being hurt last week. He's averaging 5.2 ypc and over 100 ypg. His only issue so far is that he's only scored 1 TD compared to 4-5 for some of those other guys. That will change. No way AP should ever be benched.
:cry:

Users who are viewing this thread