What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Anyone starting Garcia this week vs. Washington? (1 Viewer)

gbill2004

Footballguy
Garcia could be in for a huge game this week vs. the skins. Anyone else starting him, and if so, over who? What are your projections for him this week? The skins rank as the 27th defense in the league, so Jeff could be in for a big day...

Am starting him over Eli. Made the move last week to play Jeff and am sticking with him until Eli shows he can be consistent and reliable.

First round of our playoffs, picked him up to start over Bulger and Rivers, hope its the right choice

Right now I picked him up for 2 playoff teams. He'll def start in one over Delhomme (Campbell, Losman) and garcia may also be starting over Bulger (Garrard, Campbell). Haven't made that call yet but I think it's likely.

Picked him up this week, starting him over Garrard & Roethlisberger. Garcias fresh and playing great on a pass happy team against a poor pass defense. What's not to like.

I just hope he's feeling "crithp" this week.

:pics:

dont mind me...just taking some pics of everyone who will be :wall: on sunday night for overcoaching...

:pics: dont mind me...just taking some pics of everyone who will be :wall: on sunday night for overcoaching...
Please. That completely depends on the matchup. If you're starting Garcia over a guy like Brees, Manning, etc, then sure, that's nuts. However starting him over say Bulger, or in my case, Rivers, is a reasonable move given Garcia's numbers last week and the great matchup.

I have been flip flopping between Vince Young and Jeff Garcia. Right now I have Young in there.

Some how, my decision will come back to bite me in the ###.

FBG has him as the #5 overall QB this week...

I just don't know if I can pull the trigger on Garcia, though...all the pieces fit, but can I really do it?

Is the general consensus in agreement with FBG on this ranking?

:pics: dont mind me...just taking some pics of everyone who will be :wall: on sunday night for overcoaching...
Please. That completely depends on the matchup. If you're starting Garcia over a guy like Brees, Manning, etc, then sure, that's nuts. However starting him over say Bulger, or in my case, Rivers, is a reasonable move given Garcia's numbers last week and the great matchup.
Definitions of anomaly on the Web: * deviation from the normal or common order or form or rule
color me crazy but banking on a one week performance vs someone who's been a consistent performer is not what i want to do in the first week of the playoffs. give me rivers any day of the week over garcia...

Definitions of anomaly on the Web: * deviation from the normal or common order or form or rule
color me crazy but banking on a one week performance vs someone who's been a consistent performer is not what i want to do in the first week of the playoffs. give me rivers any day of the week over garcia...
In my league over the last three weeks, Rivers has scored 18 points, 5 points, and 11 points. Garcia has scored 13, 14, and 32. Garcia didn't even play the whole game in the one where he scored 13. Add in the matchups (Garcia v. WAS, Rivers v. DEN), and I think going Garcia is a reasonable move.

I'm starting him over Bulger & Grossman.

Some more good info here:

http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index...howtopic=293258

Over the past three games he's put up some nice stats:

66 for 111, 59.5% completion percentage, 641 yards, 6 TD, 0 INT, 93.7 QB Rating

He is doing pretty well in Philly's pass-happy system thus far. His fantasy playoff schedule starts out nicely @Washington, and diminishes when he visits NYG then Dallas.

defensive rankings:

pass-yards pass-TDs INTs Sacksweek 14 @Washington 24 T-Last T-Last T-Lastweek 15 @NYG 23 T-14 T-16 T-16week 16 @Dallas 12 T-5 T-9 T-27Thoughts on my specific situation: I have Bulger, Grossman, Garcia.Week 14: I'm planning on starting Garcia. Can't trust Rex. Bulger plays Chicago.

Week 15: Will probably start him over Bulger & Grossman.

Week 16: Thinking people will want to find another option this week. Bulger plays Washington so I'll go with him.

Last edited by a moderator:
On the fence betweeen him and Brees. Yes, I know this may sound nuts, but Brees' two starting WR's appear to be out, this is not trivial.

First round of our playoffs, picked him up to start over Bulger and Rivers, hope its the right choice
I made a waiver for him this week to start over Favre and Rivers. Hoping it pans out. First week of the playoffs. Fingers crossed.

On the fence betweeen him and Brees. Yes, I know this may sound nuts, but Brees' two starting WR's appear to be out, this is not trivial.
Go with Brees brother. It doesn't matter who he's throwing to. Cowboy's pass D is not good and NO will probably be trailing in the second half. Good luck either way.

Washington will have a healthy Shawn Springs back at corner for one of the few times this year. Believe me when I say that the Skins' pass D is a different animal when he is playing and healthy.

i have to choose between garcia nad romo, am I nuts? just afraid that MBIII will steal the red zone from romo, but i think he'll rebound off his poor (by fantasy standards) performance against the Giants. Still Garcia can smell the end zone and is ready to take off running at any time. i think romo enjoys the pocket.

i have to choose between garcia nad romo, am I nuts? just afraid that MBIII will steal the red zone from romo, but i think he'll rebound off his poor (by fantasy standards) performance against the Giants. Still Garcia can smell the end zone and is ready to take off running at any time. i think romo enjoys the pocket.
I don't think you can bench Romo at home against the Saints mediocre at best D.

He's had WR issues for weeks -- don't even think twice -- Brees all the way. And I think they end up having to throw alot anyway.

He's had WR issues for weeks -- don't even think twice -- Brees all the way. And I think they end up having to throw alot anyway.
brees did nothing last week, and save for the lucky bomb to copper at the buzzer 2 weeks ago, did nothing then either. dont kid yourself into thinking that he's just as good without colston and horn. dallas will shut brees down in prime time at home. besides the bears, there isnt a worse matchup for brees.

Picked him up when I lost McNabb. In our league a QB gets 1 pt for every completion. I expect him to have 20+ completions tomorrow. If he gets 2 or more TD's, even better. I'm going against Kitna in the 1st round of the playoffs and I expect Kitna to do well vs MINN. I think Garcia is a good fit for Reid's short passing game offense.

Willie

Looks like I'll jump in (head first) on this one. I'm starting Garcia over Harrington & Gerrard.

This matchup is just too good to pass up. I also have Westbrook to go along with him, so It's GO GO E-A-G-L-E-S for me in the first round of our playoffs.

brees did nothing last week, and save for the lucky bomb to copper at the buzzer 2 weeks ago, did nothing then either. dont kid yourself into thinking that he's just as good without colston and horn. dallas will shut brees down in prime time at home. besides the bears, there isnt a worse matchup for brees.
Did I miss something two weeks ago?21-30 349yds 2TDsThat might have been a tremendously lucky TD (actually awfully defended) but he still put up good yards.Can you be sure what Garcia will do this week? Or any week? Go ahead, check the numbers since you're talking about last week for Brees.Garcis threw for just 140 yds (although 2 TDs were nice) against the Colts, not exactly a tough matchup. The week before, agains tthe Titans in nearly a full 3 quarters of work? 26/48 189 yards and 1td.Now, maybe you can chalk that up to a guy not prepared to step in or something but let's not let a single 300+ yard game go to our heads. It's not like Brees hasn't had those games this year.Dallas matchup is bad, I'll grant you that. But I think they stop the run and make Brees challeneg them in the air - and I think he puts up good yards. Just my opinion, sure - but I can't see how you can unequivicably say Garcia is better.I suppose you could say the same thing about Brees, though. We'll see tomorrow night.

Starting Garcia ahead of Garrard, Big Ben, Alex Smith in one league.

Benching Garcia in favour of Palmer in another league.

putting him in over Grossman and Kitna here. team's been strong all season, but I'm pretty banged up for the playoffs...

I may be a **&%$# for doing this but....How's Garcia workin' out for you guys?I myself am enjoying Brees to the tune of 5 TDs as of the 3rd quarter. :banned:

Last edited by a moderator:
garcia did great...if i'd started brees, i would have won by even more than i'm going to.

in retrospect, would brees have been the better start? yes, but it would be hard to predict that. garcia had the smaller downside -- but also the smaller upside.

Of course you couldn't predict this shelacking....

But this is also why you don't overcoach -- you play your studs with very little exception.

:bye: I wish D. Bree's was in my line up , but instead I am left with Garcia, VW and Vick,. I took Garcia, with no regrets, I made it into 2nd round playoffs, but lost KJ. Any chance Garcia will do well against G MEN DEFENCE, they have been hurt lately and I see this as a must win for both teams I predict 21-28 points wins the game.

Users who are viewing this thread