What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Anyone subscribe to NFL Replay? (1 Viewer)

Qmaster

Footballguy
I was considering subscribing to the pre-season NFL Replay. Anyone subscribe last season, did you like the offering?

TIA :popcorn:

I was considering subscribing to the pre-season NFL Replay. Anyone subscribe last season, did you like the offering?TIA :popcorn:
it's very nice imo... been a subscriber since they started game rewind. i watched the hall of fame game using it and it seemed the quality has improved, but i can't say for sure. you can use the "plays" option to go to specific plays you want to see, guys you're wanting to see, etc. and the condensed version is very nice to speed through the game in about 30-40 mins. as primarily a dynasty guy, i find it a great tool to have and at only $20 for the preseason version, a great investment. i'm really excited about the coaches tape feature on game rewind plus this season, can't wait for that!

Here's my take...

Last year - I bought both Preseason ($30) and Game Rewind (I think it was $50-60). I used preseason more and game rewind irritated me because the good games were blacked out. Quality was great but I wasn't planning on signing up this year....

Well....here's what sealed the deal for 2012 and why I paid $70 for the "Super Fan" package.

1) Condensed Button - You can watch condensed games - no commercials AND all time between plays is gone - It is amazing how fast you can watch a football game - Very cool.

2) Coaches Film - This is included in Super Fan package for all games, all season. This was only given to NFL teams before this year, so this was a big deal for signing up and great to watch for the X and O fan out there.

3) Android Tablet Support - They are supposed to have Ipad and Android support, it is not out yet and I won't get upset unless it is not out by regular season. This is another big plus. Until then I use Splashtop Streamer 2 and stream my laptop on my tablet - looks great !

So they got my $70 and it will be worth it.

I hope that helps, Kev

Thanks for the input guys.

I figured $20 was a small investment to test-drive it for preseason.

Really enjoying watching the games tonight, $20 well spent.

:thumbup:

First year investing in this ( the super fan and preseason package) and I love it already. It's so nice reading something and then going to the game tape to see if it's true. I have to admit a lot of the time I disagree with what "conventional" thought is about a.player simply by watching the tape,

Just subscribed for this year. They have a nice iPad app & airplays to my TV , awesome stuff. I used the promo code directv that I found at slick deals.

its $19.99 , with the promo its $16.99

the Steelers/Eagles game is buffering a lot. Only one I really had a problem with

I was considering subscribing to the pre-season NFL Replay. Anyone subscribe last season, did you like the offering?

it's very nice imo... been a subscriber since they started game rewind. i watched the hall of fame game using it and it seemed the quality has improved...
Does anyone else share this opinion?I subscribed last season and loved the condensed games which allow you to watch every play of every game in a timely manner BUT the quality of the streaming was just terrible at times. I stream almost everything I watch so it has nothing to do with my internet connection or time of day. In my experience streaming quality breaks down like this...

Netflix

Hulu

TWiT

Amazon

Crackle

NFL Rewind

If it just improved to Crackle quality I'd probably subscribe again.

'BoltBacker said:

it's very nice imo... been a subscriber since they started game rewind. i watched the hall of fame game using it and it seemed the quality has improved...
Does anyone else share this opinion?I subscribed last season and loved the condensed games which allow you to watch every play of every game in a timely manner BUT the quality of the streaming was just terrible at times. I stream almost everything I watch so it has nothing to do with my internet connection or time of day. In my experience streaming quality breaks down like this...

Netflix

Hulu

TWiT

Amazon

Crackle

NFL Rewind

If it just improved to Crackle quality I'd probably subscribe again.
This is my first year subscribing so I don't have much to compare it to, but I do stream Netflix. It's not on par with Netflix, but I'd say the majority of the time I'd rate it from pretty good to very good. Sometimes it's very grainy. Not sure exactly how streaming technology works, but I wonder if the quality changes during the regular season when you probably have higher traffic streaming games (if that makes a difference?).

Sometimes it's very grainy. Not sure exactly how streaming technology works, but I wonder if the quality changes during the regular season when you probably have higher traffic streaming games (if that makes a difference?).
This has been my experience as well but I don't really think it's a traffic issue because I have an odd work schedule so sometimes I would try watching a game on a random day like WED morning at 2am PST and it would randomly be grainy. There shouldn't be much traffic at that time of day so it was kind of frustrating, especially when free services like Hulu and TWiT are never grainy.

Sometimes it's very grainy. Not sure exactly how streaming technology works, but I wonder if the quality changes during the regular season when you probably have higher traffic streaming games (if that makes a difference?).
This has been my experience as well but I don't really think it's a traffic issue because I have an odd work schedule so sometimes I would try watching a game on a random day like WED morning at 2am PST and it would randomly be grainy. There shouldn't be much traffic at that time of day so it was kind of frustrating, especially when free services like Hulu and TWiT are never grainy.
Yeah my concern was that if it's randomly grainy now during the preseason, is the quality going to drop during the regular season when more people are trying to stream the game. Again, I don't know exactly how the streaming technology works, so it might not affect it at all.

If anyone's still interested, I have codes for NFL Game Rewind Season Plus and NFL Audio Pass. Looking to sell Game Rewind for $20 and Audio Plus for $10. Thanks!

Does anyone know how to get NFL Replay to your TV? Roku box? Have to direct connect a PC?

I do the direct connect via a computer, and love it. I assume if you have an apple TV you could link it to your iOS device as replay now is accessable with those. I don't think you can use a Roku box or any other small "set top" box.

The computer connection worked great, and during preseason I was actually able to stream 4 games at once and they all came in just fine.

Users who are viewing this thread