What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Anyone watch NFL Total Access tonite? (1 Viewer)

mstumpy50

Footballguy
I have never seen Shockey interviewed until tonite so I am not sure he acts like that all the time or not. However I find it hard to believe he wasn't buzzed for the airing. He was cursing, studdering, and not really making complete sense when he spoke. I know he is from Oklahoma and went to Miami but I have to think that this guy knows better than that. Not to mention all the times I have seen people on the show I have never seen the hosts and player drinking out of a coffee cup. They were drinking water as if they were trying to sober him up. Just wanted to see what others thought. I personally felt it was hysterical but maybe he is just like that all the time.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have never seen Shockey interviewed until tonite so I am not sure he acts like that all the time or not. However I find it hard to believe he wasn't buzzed for the airing. He was cursing, studdering, and not really making complete sense when he spoke. I know he is from Oklahoma and went to Miami but I have to think that this guy knows better than that. Not to mention all the times I have seen people on the show I have never seen the hosts and player drinking out of a coffee cup. They were drinking water as if they were trying to sober him up. Just wanted to see what others thought. I personally felt it was hysterical but maybe he is just like that all the time.
That was about the worst interview I have seen on Total Access. Shockey didn't even wait for Derrin Horton or Adam Schefter to finish asking their questions. He would just talk right over them and proceed to give a completely irrelevant response. He wasn't slurring his speech or anything, but it did seem he was really anxious and hopped up or something.

I am a fan of Shockey...he is a great player that plays with alot of attitude...but man did he ever sound stupid today....what a goof lol ..... I guess they don't pay him for his public speaking skills ..... It was funny to watch I will give him that...

Anything of relevance in the interview?
Not really. But not for lack of trying. They tried to ask him about the progression of Eli and the additions the Giants made but Shockey's weird answers gave no real info. I think eventually they gave up and just focused on asking him about a little peice they did on the bodn that players from the U have.

I think every time they show his face on TV, whether it's introducing him on MNF or just his picture for stats, they should use that clip from last year where he was pointing at the camera and dancing, then his team misses the FG and he turns to the scoreboard like "WTF?". That was classic.

I think every time they show his face on TV, whether it's introducing him on MNF or just his picture for stats, they should use that clip from last year where he was pointing at the camera and dancing, then his team misses the FG and he turns to the scoreboard like "WTF?". That was classic.
Or the clip where he turns to complain to the ref about pass interference while the play is still going on, and a Redskin LB intercepts the ball right at Shockey's knee and runs it back.

i was embarrassed FOR him. I watch that show all the time, and i can honestly say, he was, without a doubt, the BIGGEST iddiot they have EVER had on the show, current player or retired. He couldn't answer a question, he mumbled, he cursed, he was a total r'tard.

:lmao: I'd love to see a clip of this again.

:lmao: I'd love to see a clip of this again.
Here you go:
i432_shockeyshocked.gif

Kind of like a car wreck, too interesting to turn away. I already knew Shockey was a dumb jock, but I had no idea the extent of his social ineptitude. God it would suck to have to associate with him on a daily basis. :X

i wouldn't want to have to be a judge in a... "who was the worst guest host on total access EVAH between shockey & mcgahee contest"...

but it would probably be shockey with a bullet... he makes the chicken seller in devil's rejects seem like a nobel laureate in physics in comparison.

i wouldn't want to have to be a judge in a... "who was the worst guest host on total access EVAH between shockey & mcgahee contest"...

but it would probably be shockey with a bullet... he makes the chicken seller in devil's rejects seem like a nobel laureate in physics in comparison.
May explain why he went to a juco. There is nothing wrong with going to junior college, but when was the last time it was by choice?

if they ever do a remake of deliverance, i don't think shockey could be cast as a hillbilly. it might cause an uproar in the hillbilly community as an insult to their intelligence.

the reason he likes the care bears is because it is educational for him & helps as a vocabulary builder...

I caught the show and that was just bizarre. The first thing that came to mind is he obviously is not the brightest guy, but even without the fame and money he has something going for him. He is just the kind of guy all the smoking hot girls trip over themselves trying to hook up with.

I was thinking the same on this. He did look a little "off". But I'd think his personality would fit just fine in a locker room. It's a testosterone laden sport. Jeremy Shockey is a lot more indicative of the average NFL player than Peyton Manning or Tom Brady.

I thought he was pretty funny. Couldn't tell if it was nerves or something else ;) but he was entertaining.

Seemed like a big kid that can still get away with acting like it.

J

Kind of like a car wreck, too interesting to turn away. I already knew Shockey was a dumb jock, but I had no idea the extent of his social ineptitude. God it would suck to have to associate with him on a daily basis. :X
Any chance this changes your insane TE rankings? (They really arn't that crazy but the idea of Antonio Gates not being the no.1 TE leaves me :eek: )

Last edited by a moderator:
i like his line about washington.

"ya know, you can't buy a championship, washington proved that."

As a Giants fan, I cringe when Shockey gets near a microphone.

Every time I think he can't come off any dumber he proves me wrong.

Any chance this changes your insane TE rankings? (They really arn't that crazy but the idea of Antonio Gates not being the no.1 TE leaves me :eek: )
Hey Bojang...I don't have Gates number one for a reason; and his name is Philip Rivers. :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread