What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Apple (AAPL) : Tim Cook announces iForum. Dodds and Bryant prepare shut down operations (1 Viewer)

Funny thing is that the stock should be up $130 not $30. I think Apple here at $450 is one of the best entry points I have seen in a long time. You are basically paying 12 times earnings for a company that is doubling year over year with $100 billion in cash and no debt. This year they will release a new iPad, the long awaited iPhone 5 (completely new form factor) and perhaps Apple TV. More importantly you will see Apple get tremendous traction in China and India in 2012. You have a scenario now with hundreds of millions of people around the world who have purchased an iPhone and who as a result will switch to an iMac or Macbook for their next computer. Very few of these people will ever buy a non-Apple product again for the foreseeable future. As I have said for years barring any major screw ups or a global meltdown Apple will be the world's 1st trillion dollar company in the next few years. It is currently valued at $450billion. Oh yea - one more thing: Apple will announce a dividend this year (I strongly believe this announcement will come in the next 3-6 months or sooner) and on the day it is announced we will likely see a 50-100 point move in Apple stock. Good luck

Funny thing is that the stock should be up $130 not $30. I think Apple here at $450 is one of the best entry points I have seen in a long time. You are basically paying 12 times earnings for a company that is doubling year over year with $100 billion in cash and no debt. This year they will release a new iPad, the long awaited iPhone 5 (completely new form factor) and perhaps Apple TV. More importantly you will see Apple get tremendous traction in China and India in 2012. You have a scenario now with hundreds of millions of people around the world who have purchased an iPhone and who as a result will switch to an iMac or Macbook for their next computer. Very few of these people will ever buy a non-Apple product again for the foreseeable future. As I have said for years barring any major screw ups or a global meltdown Apple will be the world's 1st trillion dollar company in the next few years. It is currently valued at $450billion. Oh yea - one more thing: Apple will announce a dividend this year (I strongly believe this announcement will come in the next 3-6 months or sooner) and on the day it is announced we will likely see a 50-100 point move in Apple stock. Good luck
A 50 point move on a dividend announcement?

A 50 point move on a dividend announcement?
you're right, maybe a 100 ;)

Bolded is the big fish. So far, the smartphone boom has been driven by western markets. But in the coming years, the entire world is going to be moving to smartphones. The potential for growth is still massive.

'Sarnoff said:
Someone should set up a poll: "What's dumber to root for: teams in different cities you never lived in (like a combo Lakers/Steelers fan), a NCAA conference instead of a team, or a multinational corporation (that may rely on slave labor)?"
'goonsquad said:
I love watching the bitter Apple haters slink out of the woodwork after an AAPL quarterly report. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
There's a lot of weird stuff in the FFA but this kind of bickering is among the most mystifying. What's up with this?

Approaching $470...hello $500 Crazy how cheap this stock is.

I agree with everything you said except the dividend. I don't see it happening.

yeah, it's probably getting priced into the stock already

To put it in perspective: Apple’s iPhone revenue last quarter ($24.4B) was larger than Microsoft’s TOTAL revenue ($20.89B). And before you say that Apple is a one-trick pony, all of Apple's remaining business revenue, not including the iPhone ($21.93B) was still $1 BILLION more than all of Microsoft's revenue. Astonishing!

Who is laughing now, Ballmer? :popcorn:

'goonsquad said:
'Major said:
Hmmmm....so you agree with the new form factor of the i5. :thumbup: I will be an iPhone owner in the fall if that is indeed true.

'goonsquad said:
'Major said:
Hmmmm....so you agree with the new form factor of the i5. :thumbup: I will be an iPhone owner in the fall if that is indeed true.
I do believe the iPhone 5 will be a new form factor. It may keep some design cues from the 4S, but it will be different enough. It'll be interesting to see how far Johnny Ive takes it; the 4/4S design has been incredibly successful for them and is much more distinctive than the 3G/S design was. I could see the 5 being similar to the step from iPad to iPad 2, more evolutionary than revolutionary in design. Or it could be an entirely new look. I can see the case for both approaches actually.

I do believe the iPhone 5 will be a new form factor. It may keep some design cues from the 4S, but it will be different enough. It'll be interesting to see how far Johnny Ive takes it; the 4/4S design has been incredibly successful for them and is much more distinctive than the 3G/S design was. I could see the 5 being similar to the step from iPad to iPad 2, more evolutionary than revolutionary in design. Or it could be an entirely new look. I can see the case for both approaches actually.
Either will be win-win for share holders - a significant redesign will result in an enormous demand. :thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Up another 8 points today....this thing won't stop once people get over the fact that just b/c the stock is trading close to $500 doesn't mean it's expensive (hello 3 for 1 split).

Either will be win-win for share holders - a significant redesign will result in an enormous demand. :thumbup:
I wouldn't be so sure sure about that. People seem to love the way it is now. If they redesign too much, you could have people move towards droids.

To put it in perspective: Apple’s iPhone revenue last quarter ($24.4B) was larger than Microsoft’s TOTAL revenue ($20.89B). And before you say that Apple is a one-trick pony, all of Apple's remaining business revenue, not including the iPhone ($21.93B) was still $1 BILLION more than all of Microsoft's revenue. Astonishing!

Wow, I've never seen that interview. That is one massive foot in his mouth. Arrogance doesn't pay.

I wouldn't be so sure sure about that. People seem to love the way it is now. If they redesign too much, you could have people move towards droids.
Wha??? No way, it's just the opposite. People will fall over themselves to display their new and improved iPhone on their ear. It's like a car to them now, these iAnythings, having the latest and greatest model is everything to them. They can't wait for a change.

'BRONG said:
Wha??? No way, it's just the opposite. People will fall over themselves to display their new and improved iPhone on their ear. It's like a car to them now, these iAnythings, having the latest and greatest model is everything to them.
exactly....not to mention there are many people like me who have never owned an iPhone and waiting patiently for the 5

Wow, I've never seen that interview. That is one massive foot in his mouth. Arrogance doesn't pay.
It doesn't pay without a loyal fan base. You have to have the fan base.

Do you think Microsoft execs are rethinking the wisdom of keeping Apple alive 15 years ago to keep the federal anti trust lawyers away?

Yo, I heard China is suing Apple for a Billion dollars for the word "ipad" or something. Can we go to war over that ####?

Do you think Microsoft execs are rethinking the wisdom of keeping Apple alive 15 years ago to keep the federal anti trust lawyers away?
No because the $150 million from Microsoft was a stock purchase, so Microsoft made a nice profit. Microsoft didn't have a choice anyway, as the investment was part of a larger court settlement against Microsoft and Intel that included a patent cross-licensing agreement between the companies and also made IE the default Mac browser. It didnt really have much to do with "saving Apple" or the anti-trust case, Microsoft and Intel were caught using code directly from QuickTime in Video for Windows.My link

Up another 8 points today....this thing won't stop once people get over the fact that just b/c the stock is trading close to $500 doesn't mean it's expensive (hello 3 for 1 split).
Already up another 9 points today, to $486. Are we looking at $500 by next week? :eek:

Already up another 9 points today, to $486. Are we looking at $500 by next week? :eek:
Yep. Although breaking past $500 will be tough psychologically...once it does it'll shoot to $600 as more people start to realize how much of a value play AAPL really is. I hope you guys get in while you can. The only thing potentially holding this thing back is outrage from China labor policies but that will likely be short term b/c the products are so awesome.

Yep. Although breaking past $500 will be tough psychologically...once it does it'll shoot to $600 as more people start to realize how much of a value play AAPL really is. I hope you guys get in while you can. The only thing potentially holding this thing back is outrage from China labor policies but that will likely be short term b/c the products are so awesome.
The Chinese are buying these as fast as they can get them. I mean, if they aren't outraged over it, why should we be? ;)

AAPL: 493.90 ( +17.22) :popcorn:

Apple Now Worth More Than Google and Microsoft Combined

By Neil Hughes

Published: 11:12 AM EST (08:12 AM PST)

Apple's stock soared to new heights on Thursday, pushing the company's market capitalization to $456 billion, a number that is greater than the values of rivals Google and Microsoft combined.

As of Thursday morning, Microsoft's market cap was around $256.7 billion, while Google was valued at around $198.9 billion. With Apple's stock up more than 3 percent in morning trading, the company surpassed the combined totals of both Google and Microsoft.

Undoubtedly. $500 by the end of this month at the latest, as long as Greece doesn't go buy itself a fleet of yachts on a no-limit 35% APR mastercard.

Undoubtedly. $500 by the end of this month at the latest, as long as Greece doesn't go buy itself a fleet of yachts on a no-limit 35% APR mastercard.
I'm thinking with the way today is going it may hit $500 by tomorrow. :ph34r:

yep...god bless options...Major bought more after earnings @ 450 :pickle:

Thanks for this post, I jumped it when I read this at ~450/share

Congrats, I always play with this idea and never pull trigger on it. I always back off of option plays because the stock has been so unpredictable over short terms. Oh well, I'm happy enough with my +3,593.64% earnings on my investment. :)

Congrats, I always play with this idea and never pull trigger on it. I always back off of option plays because the stock has been so unpredictable over short terms. Oh well, I'm happy enough with my +3,593.64% earnings on my investment. :)
I have a long term position in common stock and often trade options for short term/medium term plays (a few months to a year out). Small initial investment, unlimited upside, protected downside - Major likes this :thumbup:

I have a long term position in common stock and often trade options for short term/medium term plays (a few months to a year out). Small initial investment, unlimited upside, protected downside - Major likes this :thumbup:
I actually had a MAR 400 option queued up the day before the last earnings call and talked myself out of pulling the trigger. I knew the earnings would blockbuster, but with the price being held so low compared to the numbers over the past few years I worried that it would continue to bounce around 400 and then be driven back down again. I know I could hedge with selling puts but still don't feel comfortable enough with option trading to go of it.

Najarian on Cnbc was saying if you have a huge profit, maybe take a little off the table. I wasn't even considering it this morning when we were up 7 points. I see we went as high as 19 up before pulling back down here to 16-17. Selling 2 of my six calls (one march400, one april420) and holding the rest. These are turning out to be the best trades of my life.

would it be pathetic to buy 2 shares of AAPL?
Not at all....those 2 shares will probably be 6-8 shortly.
There are no real indications they're gonna split.
Think he means $600-$800?
No, I meant for a split...granted, no sure thing but I don't see why they won't in the next year. No clear indication of a dividend either. If you buy when there is clear indication it normally is too late.

Users who are viewing this thread