What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

AP's tragic situation (1 Viewer)

That sucks for ap and I hope everything goes well BUT any chance he misses sundays game? I mention this because Gerhart is likely on the wire in some leagues.
Knew it was just matter of time. Sad, who cares about fantasy stats in this thread right now?
I do. Its sad but this is a FANTASY SITE. Why do I even bother responding to your posts anyways? Troll posts all over thr place
Dude...who the hell here knows if AP is going to miss this week's game? This is a breaking story.

I would have a real hard time not beating that guy to within an inch of his life and slipping by at least a foot.

T's and P's in this situation. Terrible all the way around

That sucks for ap and I hope everything goes well BUT any chance he misses sundays game? I mention this because Gerhart is likely on the wire in some leagues.
Knew it was just matter of time. Sad, who cares about fantasy stats in this thread right now?
Calm down. You're on a fantasy football site.That being said, there's no way anybody would know if he's playing. I would bet he plays, but there is a chance he misses I guess.

Best wishes for AD and his family.

I do. Its sad but this is a FANTASY SITE. Why do I even bother responding to your posts anyways? Troll posts all over thr place
Make a thread for Gerhart then and keep tabs on those reports from the hospital. Cross your fingers, this could be great news for your fantasy team!

This kind of reality in my fantasy world bums me out. I don't feel much like trying to figure out how this situation can help me win my fantasy football league right now.

Guess that makes me a guppy.

Interesting... Hope it's nothing as bad as it sounds.
I think its bad when Tragic is used
Apparently the baby is in critical condition
It's easy to sit here and say I'd be choking that guy, blah blah. But I was just thinking about what I'd do if someone put my 15 mo old in the hospital in critical condition from choking and I just felt an intense sadness all over. Thoughts and prayers for sure. Hope everything turns out just fine for the little one. Such a terrible situation all around.
DEATH DESERVES TO COME TO ANYONE FOR HARMING A CHILD IN SUCH A GROTESQUE FASHION, THERE IS NOT A PLACE FOR THEM ON THIS EARTH.
I don't know about death... lethal injection isn't fair. It's an easy way out. Can we bring back stoning as a legal form of death sentence in cases where a child was harmed?
Let's go back to medieval times to draw and quarter this guy.

Phenix said:
Well I guess we see what kind of person you are. A Selfish type who cares more about your make believe team then a human being. But then again you just attacked me for showing compassion, so we get it. While I may be abrasive discussing football, you will never see me care more about football in a thread of a sensitive topic or not show compassion. What if it was your child, could we talk about the game on sunday instead?
You must have a sad life if you get so abrasive over every of the thousands of strangers' tragedies that happen every day. Or do you know him personally? You have Facebook to express your emotions, or even the FFA. This board is to discuss information and how it affects the game.Again, best wishes for AD and his family.

Phenix said:
Well I guess we see what kind of person you are. A Selfish type who cares more about your make believe team then a human being. But then again you just attacked me for showing compassion, so we get it. While I may be abrasive discussing football, you will never see me care more about football in a thread of a sensitive topic or not show compassion. What if it was your child, could we talk about the game on sunday instead?
Is not posting about fantasy football on a fantasy football site the new litmus test for your self-worth? I guess the tiers of people areGood: Posts on a fantasy football forum about praying for Adrian Peterson's kid

Better: actually prays for Adrian Peterson's kid

Okay: doesn't post in thread at all

Hitler: wonders if AP will play

I'm of the opinion that not talking about fantasy football on a fantasy football forum out of "respect" or whatever is the equivalent of politicians wearing flag pins.

I mean, yeah, anyone who tweets at AP "yo dude you gonna play on Sunday if your kid does, I'm 2-3 and need those points" is pretty much the worst, but I don't think AP is checking the shark pool on his phone to ensure that he has our support.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a Viking fan and an AP owner. I hope he stays with his child and doesn't play. His son is more important than the game.

But I'm also not going to judge people who are wondering about what he'll do. I'll be keeping tabs on this story both to see how the son is doing and to see whether AP will play or not...

Phenix said:
SameSongNDance said:
Phenix said:
Abrasive? Try clinically insane.
Says a guy whose only post in a thread about a 2 year old getting choked is to attack one of the few guys showing compassion and setting fantasy football aside. Irony.

Also, easy to see who has kids and who does not.
Who says compassion and talking about fantasy football are mutually exclusive?

While Phenix is abrasive and sometimes, ok pretty much always an ### in here he's spot on in this instance.

Pipes said:
While Phenix is abrasive and sometimes, ok pretty much always an ### in here he's spot on in this instance.
Not really? How is asking the simple question "Will AP play Sunday?" inconsiderate? We're not directly tweeting at him and it's not like any of us aren't caring and hoping his son comes out of this okay. But this is a fantasy forum. Should we not discuss AP's status for Sunday? Instead we should just all start him blindly and hope he plays. And if he doesn't, start him to show our support for his child. And possibly lose money in your fantasy leagues because that's how dedicated we are to showing support for AP!

Last edited by a moderator:
Phenix said:
SameSongNDance said:
Phenix said:
SameSongNDance said:
Phenix said:
ldizzle said:
Phenix said:
ldizzle said:
Says a guy whose only post in a thread about a 2 year old getting choked is to attack the one of the few guys showing compassion and setting fantasy football aside. Irony.

The fact that you have kids scares the crap out of me.
Yes because with comments like that and attacking a guy for caring shows you would be a better father. To even direct a comment like that when you have no clue the father I am is shameful.
They're not attacking you for caring. That's what you're not understanding about this whole thing.

Phenix said:
SameSongNDance said:
Phenix said:
SameSongNDance said:
Phenix said:
ldizzle said:
Phenix said:
ldizzle said:
Says a guy whose only post in a thread about a 2 year old getting choked is to attack the one of the few guys showing compassion and setting fantasy football aside. Irony.

Yes because with comments like that and attacking a guy for caring shows you would be a better father. To even direct a comment like that when you have no clue the father I am is shameful.
They're not attacking you for caring. That's what you're not understanding about this whole thing.
Correct, we're attacking you for acting like you're the only one who cares. When in fact we all care.

I hope we get to see the updated version of this photo next season when AP's son is 3 years old:

http://images.ftw.usatoday.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Adrian2l.jpg

TMZ reports Adrian Peterson's two-year-old son is in critical condition after he was allegedly severely beaten by the man dating the child's mother.
This is a followup on this morning's post that Peterson was dealing with a "tragic" personal situation in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. Peterson remains in South Dakota. 27-year-old Joseph Patterson has reportedly been charged with aggravated felony assault and battery of an infant. Peterson's son was unresponsive when medical personnel arrived at the scene Wednesday night. He has reportedly suffered severe head injuries. Keep Peterson and his son in your prayers.

He is apparently back with the team now, but it is hard to imagine how is mind can focus on football now.

TMZ reports Adrian Peterson's two-year-old son is in critical condition after he was allegedly severely beaten by the man dating the child's mother.
This is a followup on this morning's post that Peterson was dealing with a "tragic" personal situation in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. Peterson remains in South Dakota. 27-year-old Joseph Patterson has reportedly been charged with aggravated felony assault and battery of an infant. Peterson's son was unresponsive when medical personnel arrived at the scene Wednesday night. He has reportedly suffered severe head injuries. Keep Peterson and his son in your prayers.

He is apparently back with the team now, but it is hard to imagine how is mind can focus on football now.
I hope Adrian plays on Sunday, without him my team is screwed.

Can't believe even THIS thread got personal. Please stop responding, it's not the same as losing. It's kind of the opposite.

There is a different thread about Gerhart now if you want to talk about the fantasy implications.

Well I know football is APs job.

And If my son is critically hurt and in th hospital, Im not working.

granted footbal <> normal work, but still I can see the Vikings not batting at eye at ADP missing the game.

Wow, I don't know how I would respond if it were me in his place.

FYI, Adrian and his son were reportedly very close. I imagine this Robert Patterson guy is probably lucky he's in prison or things would probably turn out worse for him.

Here's Adrian with his son at training camp:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1721242-adrian-petersons-son-shows-up-to-vikings-training-camp-to-visit-dad
His kid with the helmet on is unbelievably adorable. As I posted above, hope we get to see similar photos next season when junior is three years old.

Sad, AD has dealt with a lot of tragedy -- guy can't seem to catch a break there. Saw brother hit by drunk driver and killed as a young child, brother shot and killed the night before the combine, now this.

It's no wonder the guy runs angry.

Hope the little guys pulls through and the attacker gets his. Last I heard, that kind of crime doesn't go unpunished within the prison community.

Peterson's reportedly back at stadium and will practice today. Hopefully that means his kids okay and stable.

Pipes said:
Not really? How is asking the simple question "Will AP play Sunday?" inconsiderate? We're not directly tweeting at him and it's not like any of us aren't caring and hoping his son comes out of this okay. But this is a fantasy forum. Should we not discuss AP's status for Sunday? Instead we should just all start him blindly and hope he plays. And if he doesn't, start him to show our support for his child. And possibly lose money in your fantasy leagues because that's how dedicated we are to showing support for AP!
Because no one knows what's going to happen this Sunday. The Vikings don't know and I doubt even AP knows so what's the point of speculating about it when there is a chance a man's son could die? Oh wait your pretend team could be negatively impacted by this...my bad. This seems like a time to just let the news come in and see what happen rather than conjure up fantasy scenarios that really don't mean anything in the grand scheme of things. What's next? Should I trade Adrian Peterson because...? People take this hobby way too seriously sometimes.

Phenix said:
SameSongNDance said:
Phenix said:
SameSongNDance said:
Phenix said:
ldizzle said:
Phenix said:
ldizzle said:

Wow...funny you are calling people out Phenix, while you're posting this stuff in other threads...

People in glass houses...eh!

http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=694683#entry16059056

Pipes said:
Because no one knows what's going to happen this Sunday. The Vikings don't know and I doubt even AP knows so what's the point of speculating about it when there is a chance a man's son could die? Oh wait your pretend team could be negatively impacted by this...my bad. This seems like a time to just let the news come in and see what happen rather than conjure up fantasy scenarios that really don't mean anything in the grand scheme of things. What's next? Should I trade Adrian Peterson because...? People take this hobby way too seriously sometimes.
Obviously nobody knows what will happen this weekend. The point is, don't go around jumping down peoples throats for asking a fantasy question on a fantasy related website. And acting like somehow your moral compass puts you at a higher ground then the rest of us. Nobody is sitting here saying "Who cares about APs kid, lets talk about the fantasy implications". Everyone agrees this is horrible and awful and hope that junior pulls through with a full recovery.

Phenix said:
SameSongNDance said:
Phenix said:
SameSongNDance said:
Phenix said:
ldizzle said:
Phenix said:
ldizzle said:

Wow...funny you are calling people out Phenix, while you're posting this stuff in other threads...

If you cannot see the sarcasm, well, I cant help you.

Chachi said:
SameSongNDance said:
Phenix said:
SameSongNDance said:
Phenix said:
ldizzle said:
Phenix said:
ldizzle said:

You, my little furry friend are a piece of garbage. You jump all over me for little quips about nonsense over a players prospects and fantasy football. Yet you come into a thread about a 2 year old who is in critical condition and act like a ####### d-bag with no humanity. Better check yourself, perhaps someone needs to give you a reality check pal. The Chachinator is up to the task. Go #### yourself.
Is this in response to me, because I've never seen your name before let alone "jump all over you for little quips". Either way, of course I wish all is well with AP and his family and of course I believe Phenix to be clinically insane. Those two thoughts aren't mutually exclusive.

Phenix said:
SameSongNDance said:
Phenix said:
SameSongNDance said:
Phenix said:
ldizzle said:
Phenix said:
ldizzle said:

If you cannot see the sarcasm, well, I cant help you.
I'm glad that you making jokes about this situation is perfectly fine. But people asking completely reasonable questions is horrible and they should all be ashamed of themselves!

We (all of us) are pitiful. When we say "Hey, Hernandez hasn't been found guilty of anything yet," people say "Shut up! We are speculating and that is ok.

When we speculate, someone says "Show some compassion."

When we show compassion (like a few years ago asking if anyone knew is Jeremy Maclin was really sick with a disease, people blasted "Oh get over yourself, you just want to know if he is going to help your FF team this year."

THe facts are, things like this (and worse) happen thousands of times a day and are probably happening in your community. But we only talk about it here because it is AP. I don't recall seeing anyone start every morning with "Guys, pray for my neighbor Mrs. Gillicutty...her husband had a stroke last night."

So let's be honest and real and move on.

History tends to show us that athletes play more than they don't play when tradgedy strikes. So it really just comes down to Peterson, as a man and his opinion becuase the team will let him play if he wants and they will support him if he doesn't.

Like someone above said, if it were me, I am with family and I'm sure my team and fans will understand. If they don't, they can pound sand. That's my boy.

But with AP, we will see and no one should judge, either way because we all grieve or take out our frustrations in different ways. Respect it and move on.

You shouldn't make jokes about a situation like this nor should you worry about fantasy implications under these circumstances.

Priorities, folks.

Just horrible. Sad this kid wasn't living with his father. This could have been easily avoided.
How could this have been easily avoided, you do not even know the facts or what happened.
Maybe I don't but I thought that the kid was beaten by the boyfriend of AP's baby momma in some apartment? Is that not correct? I'm pretty sure this situation goes down different had he been living with his dad in one of his mansions.

I hope Adrian plays on Sunday, without him my team is screwed.
Give it a rest already.

Users who are viewing this thread