What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Are you a fan of the team you "Follows Closely"? (1 Viewer)

serious business

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
50 years and 1 playoff win and I was still a fan!

Millen finially did me in, I went from a die hard fan to an observer after years of his :thumbdown: .

Trying to work my way back but still feel like a battered wife.

Last edited by a moderator:
fan but not a fanatic who puts on facepaint and blindly follows.

i like to think i am pretty realistic.

trying to get a better gauge on what to make of this business. :thumbup:
Rather stupidly, the form where you select your "follows closely" asks you to identify your "favorite team". So, in reality, the team indicated by "follows closely" doesn't necessarily mean the poster knows anything about that team, rather, that's the team they don't follow objectively.

After Gary Anderson missed that field goal against Atlanta and we lost, I faked that I had the flu and didnt go to work for two weeks.. :goodposting:

After Gary Anderson missed that field goal against Atlanta and we lost, I faked that I had the flu and didnt go to work for two weeks.. :thumbup:
Well, I missed the next day of work after that miss, but not for the same reason...... And yes, I am a Fan.

I used to be a fan of the Jags when they first started (in addition to NE since I was very young). I hopped on the Jag bandwagon like many others. However, I have been off that wagon for many years. I think we're now referred to as Jag offs.

Well i would think there are a lot of fans of teams that follow other teams in their division pretty closely and wouldn't be considered fans of those teams. I bet there are a lot of NYG fans who are pretty knowledgeable about the Cowboys, Redskins and Eagles.

Well i would think there are a lot of fans of teams that follow other teams in their division pretty closely and wouldn't be considered fans of those teams. I bet there are a lot of NYG fans who are pretty knowledgeable about the Cowboys, Redskins and Eagles.
This theory makes sense, I guess what threw me off was the question...Are you a fan of THE team you follows closely. Not trying to nit pick, just didn't fully understand where we were going here.I guess I'm a Falcons fan but I follow tons of teams pretty darn closely between my fantasy teams and a couple wagers placed here and there.

Yes - have been since I was 7 or so. Big Bengal fan too ...they are just 2nd and always will be. However, I despise Mangina and have had a nasty case of stomach ulcers since he was hired.

Defending Champs said:
Maybe I missed the point here, but if I follow a team closely, aren't I a fan?
Well lets say you are a fan of an NFL team but live in Cleveland. Maybe you "follow closely" the Browns since that is the only thing of interest in Cleveland but you are actually a fan of an NFL team.

Vikings fans follow Green Bay closely only to bash fans. So in their case No.

In my case yes.

I do everything in my power to follow the Buffalo Bills, but am a huge fan of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

49ers period. No love for the rest of the teams in the league.

I do follow my fantasy players closely tho.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread