What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Are you starting Jordy this week? (1 Viewer)

Danish Bengal

Footballguy
With Cobb and possibly Jones out it seems like a no brainer. However Jordy is gonna get covered by Haden all day. This is the stats of opposing teams WR1 so far this season:

Wallace 1/15/0

Smith 7/85/0

Jennings 3/43/0

Green 7/51/0

Stevie 2/19/0

Calvin 3/25/0

That is an average of 7.5 points in PPR. Scary! Will Rodgers be able to force feed Jordy the football, and am I over analyzing this?

<script language='javascript'> </script>

With Cobb and possibly Jones out it seems like a no brainer. However Jordy is gonna get covered by Haden all day. This is the stats of opposing teams WR1 so far this season:

Wallace 1/15/0
Smith 7/85/0
Jennings 3/43/0
Green 7/51/0
Stevie 2/19/0
Calvin 3/25/0

That is an average of 7.5 points in PPR. Scary! Will Rodgers be able to force feed Jordy the football, and am I over analyzing this?
Keep in mind Stevie got hurt early and Calvin played less snaps than usual and was hurt to begin with.

I can't even believe I'm going to say this....but.....bump Finley.

whoops didn't see the thread on this...nevermind.

Last edited by a moderator:
Starting him. Rodgers is just good (and arrogant) enough to keep targeting him expecting big plays. Fitz was the latest example of the always start your studs theory last week.

If you sit him, you'll be happy to see his 3-37, 0TDs on your bench around 6:45 PM on Sunday.

You'll go and get a beer and see that his stats were updated to be 4-111, 1TD around 6:48 PM. Tough to sit a guy with long TD ability...even if Haden is covering him. One bad angle or blown coverage and Jordy is off to the races.

Haden is great, but I'd challenge him if he shadows Nelson.

Jordy stays in my starting line-up.

With the injuries, Rodgers is going to force-feed Jordy regardless of who is covering him. Sheer targets alone will get him plenty of fantasy points.

I toyed - very briefly - with the idea of benching him for Nicks. He was a high target guy before the rest of the WRs got busted. As mentioned already, the big play factor is impossible to pass on.

Maybe a comparison between Ladarius Webb and Haden would put minds at ease? I mean, Webb is probably a tick lower than Haden as far as abilities but Nelson did pretty well against Webb last week, especially when Cobb and Jones went down.

I'm not even contemplating takin him out of my lineup, but then again my other choices aren't that inspiring. I suppose if I had another top 15 wr to choose from I might consider benching him. For me in my situation he's a must start every week and take the good with the bad.

Of course you start him. Over the last two and a half years now, as long as he's healthy, NO receiver has been a more consistent presence in the top five FF WR's. Not Calvin, not Andre, not Fitz...nobody.

If you believe in the slightest in the maxim "don't bench your studs," you don't bench Jordy, ever. Guy just scores and scores and scores.

<script language='javascript'> </script>

Wallace 1/15/0

Smith 7/85/0

Jennings 3/43/0

Green 7/51/0

Stevie 2/19/0

Calvin 3/25/0

Keep in mind Stevie got hurt early and Calvin played less snaps than usual and was hurt to begin with.
IIRC, Stevie had 2/19 on the first drive AND a PI call in the endzone that lead to a fred Jackson TD. All on Haden and all within the first 5 minutes of the game. Lets wait a minute before we put him in the champ or revis zone.

Of course you start him. Over the last two and a half years now, as long as he's healthy, NO receiver has been a more consistent presence in the top five FF WR's. Not Calvin, not Andre, not Fitz...nobody.

If you believe in the slightest in the maxim "don't bench your studs," you don't bench Jordy, ever. Guy just scores and scores and scores.
This.

You'd have to have one hell of a deep bench to even consider sitting Jordy.

I dont get this thread. Hes currently 100% started in cbs lineups. Im benching the immortal keenan allen for jordy.

No question for me, I'm starting him, heck, just traded for him however I do have Reggie Wayne on the bench

in what I believe will be a shoot out.

I'm thinking about benching him but not sure. I got lucky with my WR picks this year in the league I have Jordy and have C. Johnson, J. Blackmon, V. Jackson and A. Brown (start two, one flex in a PPR). I'll be watching how Blackmon and Calvin are healthwise. If they're both good to go (and indications that there won't be a limited snap count for Calvin), then I'm leaning towards keeping him on the bench this week. But I think unless you have really good options you have to go with Jordy.

Does Josh Gordon get shut down being close to the only long ball threat in Cleveland with a noodle arm QB?

So a polished WR like Nelson who can run the Out and the GO, has a rocket arm QB who is deadly accurate, that guy we want to sit down.

Do I have that right?

Does Josh Gordon get shut down being close to the only long ball threat in Cleveland with a noodle arm QB?

So a polished WR like Nelson who can run the Out and the GO, has a rocket arm QB who is deadly accurate, that guy we want to sit down.

Do I have that right?
You used the word "we" so that means you are included in those who want to sit Nelson.

Do I have that right?
You used the word "we" so that means you are included in those who want to sit Nelson.
More like a person that was being ushered to the wrong seat/section. I was being glib when I said "we"...No I would not sit Nelson for any reason, guy produces like a SOB as long as he is healthy. His TD production per catch has remained pretty off the charts. 26 of his 144 receptions dating back to 2011 are TDs.

Sorry if my sarcasm wasn't screaming thru my 1st post.

I'm not sure what Brandon Weeden's arm has to do with Joe Haden's efficacy as a shutdown corner, though I agree that Nelson is hard to bench.

I'm not sure what Brandon Weeden's arm has to do with Joe Haden's efficacy as a shutdown corner, though I agree that Nelson is hard to bench.
The OP is alluding that with less weapons that Nelson will be locked down as the only WR option right now. Josh Gordon is an example of a true WR1 but on a bad team with a bad QB...Nelson has a lot more going for him. You don't bench Gordon going up against top flight DBs, Nelson should be thought of similar is the point.

I am eager too see how Nelson does being the guy now. I think he was the guy anyways, this just means more targets going forward IMO.

My only concern is injury for him at this point, not match ups. I consider Nelson a WR1 at this point and he is ranked #7 overall at WR at 19.8 PPG/PPR...no way he sits.

Users who are viewing this thread