What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

arizona FBGs: who is edge's heir? (1 Viewer)

pecorino

Footballguy
i'm assuming there are at least some FBGs out there from arizona. i was surprised that the cards didn't draft a replacement for edge. what can you tell me about their 5th rounder, tim hightower? is there a RB on the roster that stands to get the carries when edge falls off? seems to me that russ grimm and wiz run an offense that a RB could thrive in, plus the receiving corps is pretty strong, too. seems ripe for a breakout player this year.

Very unlikely that he is already on the roster. This is part of what makes Edge an attractive option. If he has enough tread on the tires at 29, then he is a lock for 300+ carries which seems to be further and farther between these days. Add to the fact that the offensive line is going to be much better this season because they are healthy and Edge is going to be really effective.

i'm higher than most on edge, too. but who steps in if he happens to get hurt or is ineffective? does JJ Arrington still have a pulse?

May not be just one player to take over, but I think adding KJ this year would make sense.

Edit: OK, AB posted for KJ at the same time!

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't be surprised if a Raider castoff (L. Jordan) or Jones (as others have mentioned) end up on the roster. They both may end up being a stop gap though. They'll probably use their top 10 draft pick next year on a RB.

Kevin Jones is a perfect fit for AZ (3rd down & goalline back, which they've been looking for for the past 2 seasons).

And if he turns out to be more great. If not, you have one of the bext backup RB's in the league.

I smell a SA sighting in the dessert soon. Why not? He has to work somewhere and the opportunities are extremly limited everywhere it looks like.

Users who are viewing this thread