What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Arnaz Battle's "Gift" Points (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur Wood

Footballguy
Arnaz Battle owners received 7.5 "phantom" fantasy points in 2 of my leagues last night in which owners had him in their starting lineups.

Many of you were probably not glued to the riveting MNF classic between the 49ers and Seahawks last night. With the Hawks up 17-0 and about 3 seconds left on the clock before halftime the Niners have the ball on about their own 40. Instead of taking a knee, Alex Smith throws a long Hail Mary pass (well short of the end zone) on which Battle leaps up gets 2 hands on the ball, brings it down and clearly drops the ball as he hits the ground. The ref rules it a catch, the clock has now expired and everyone leaves the field for halftime. No need for a booth review. ESPN shows the replay once and confirms it as the most obvious missed call that you'll ever see (100% obvious). Again, no need for a booth review.

Battle gets a 45 yard catch. 4.5 pts for yards, 1 pt for 1st down reception, 2 pts for a catch > 40 yards = 7.5 pts.

Merry Christmas!

not gonna lose sleep over it, but that "catch" did cost me 1 VP in a league that I need to get as many as possible from here on out. But hey, the 49ers need all the help they can get.

My brother needed a big game from Seattle's D last night and got it. But came up just short because of those 45 yards(bonus points awarded for low yardage allowed). Oh well. Stuff like that happens every week.

You sound like a degenerate gambler complaining about a meaningless 4th quarter field goal.
I have no horse in this race. I actually was laughing about it with a Battle owner in the coffee room this morning. Sure you still have missed calls on penalties, but you rarely have such a blatant missed call on a big FF play in this age of instant replay.I bring it up mainly because so few folks were probably watching that pathetic game.Had the same play occurred in the recent Pats/Colts game there would have been a 5 page thread on the topic already

Last edited by a moderator:
bulger2holt said:
Do people actually own Battle ?
I actually looked at picking him up based on the big number of targets he gets, but since he seems to drop most of them I passed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread