What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ashley Judd vs. Mitch McConnell Kentucky senate 2014 (1 Viewer)

How could you possibly see her beating him, let alone easily? This guy has been the leader of his party in the Senate forever. He's very powerful in the party. He can raise money. Ashley Judd is a mannequin. A very pleasant looking mannequin, but who has ever heard her speak her own words beyond a couple mintues on late night tv or 30 seconds during a Kentucky basketball game? And no House first? Straight to the Senate? Never.

Last edited by a moderator:
She is wildly popular in Kentucky. She no slouch academically either. Masters from Harvard. Mitch is on his way out. Call me crazy, but mark this thread.

http://www.suntimes....-us-senate.html

I know she is avoiding the questions from the media, but am I alone in thinking that she could beat him. I can see her beating him easily.
Does she have any qualifications besides being a B-Movie actress? If not, then I think she's fooling herself.
B Movie Actress!! :lmao: :lmao:
Name the last 5 movies she was in. Can't can ya? :) She was closer to the A-List about 10 years ago, but that's about it. My proof.

I know she is avoiding the questions from the media, but am I alone in thinking that she could beat him. I can see her beating him easily.
Does she have any qualifications besides being a B-Movie actress? If not, then I think she's fooling herself.
Name the last 5 movies she was in. Can't can ya? :) My proof.
She's not a B-list actress dude.

She's certainly not an A-List actress. Maybe a B+ list then?

She is wildly popular in Kentucky. She no slouch academically either. Masters from Harvard. Mitch is on his way out. Call me crazy, but mark this thread.
I repeat, have you ever even heard this woman speak?
A speech? No. I'm sure she has given many though. She's active in many charities, and organizations. It's not like she's some unknown. Have you heard her speak? Where are you coming from?

How could you possibly see her beating him, let alone easily? This guy has been the leader of his party in the Senate forever. He's very powerful in the party. He can raise money. Ashley Judd is a mannequin. A very pleasant looking mannequin, but who has ever heard her speak her own words beyond a couple mintues on late night tv or 30 seconds during a Kentucky basketball game? And no House first? Straight to the Senate? Never.
Not like McConnell was ever a represenative.

Every time I see McConnell, I can't help think of Mason Verger from Hannibal. There's some similarities there and Judd is hot so she's got a really good shot.

She's a one-hit wonder, just like Nate Silver. ;)
Who the #### is Nate Silver? Oh, isn't he that TWO hit wonder? :)

A speech? No. I'm sure she has given many though. She's active in many charities, and organizations. It's not like she's some unknown. Have you heard her speak? Where are you coming from?
You're right. She should easily beat him.

Why do you guys hate Nate Silver!!!!!! :sadbanana:

That would be two more than any GOP pollsters. Or you.

You're right. She should easily beat him.
Thank you Mr.Jack.

That would be two more than any GOP pollsters. Or you.
What are you insinuating here? :boxing:

Agreed, but the man does have a point. That's a decade of Hollywood crap topped with a TV series.

Well, there you go. She's popular in Kentucky. Apparently she has given a speech or two. And?????? She is active in charities. Wow!!!!!!! Let's all vote for her. Clearly she's incredibly qualified.

Well, there you go. She's popular in Kentucky. Apparently she has given a speech or two. And?????? She is active in charities. Wow!!!!!!! Let's all vote for her. Clearly she's incredibly qualified.
Refresh my memory - what are the qualifications to be a US Senator?

Thanks for the incredible insight champ.

Community Organizer?

I have no idea if Ashley Judd should be a senator or not, but it would be nice to have a bunch of non career politicans in Congress.

Community Organizer?
She is?

Community Organizer?
nope, thats what's needed to beat Republicans for President.

I have no idea if Ashley Judd should be a senator or not, but it would be nice to have a bunch of non career politicans in Congress.
Absolutely. I'm not objecting to it, just the notion that she could "easily beat" the highest ranking Republican in the Senate, who has held his seat for 24 years, for his seat in a state that just went for Mitt Romney.

Absolutely. I'm not objecting to it, just the notion that she could "easily beat" the highest ranking Republican in the Senate, who has held his seat for 24 years, for his seat in a state that just went for Mitt Romney.
I agree. She has next to no chance of beating McConnell.

Absolutely. I'm not objecting to it, just the notion that she could "easily beat" the highest ranking Republican in the Senate for his seat in a state that just went for Mitt Romney.
:shrug: Democratic Governor. Democratic mayors in Lexington and Louisville.

Have we EVER had any of these type of politicians? Once they get in and see how good they got they ALL want to stay. I would say that if Judd actually won she would end up being a career politician too. The non-career politicians will always be a very small minority.But I also think that there still needs to be someone there with experience so I don't think a career politician is necessarily be a bad thing. You don't want ALL rookies running the show.

Have we EVER had any of these type of politicians? Once they get in and see how good they got they ALL want to stay. I would say that if Judd actually won she would end up being a career politician too. The non-career politicians will always be a very small minority.But I also think that there still needs to be someone there with experience so I don't think a career politician is necessarily be a bad thing. You don't want ALL rookies running the show.
Mitch is ardently against campaign finance, and term limits. He won his last senate bid by a meager 6%(53-47) over an unknown Bruce Lunsford. I can imagine an energized Dem party blazing his ### with the star power of Ashley Judd. She has the money, and backing to pull it off as well. Don't be shocked!

Thanks for the incredible insight champ.
Oh, you're welcome. I mean, given that you're sure she has given many speeches that's good enough for me. What else matters???And, besides, she's WILDLY popular in Kentucky!!!!!!! Woo Hoo!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread