What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Austin Collie (1 Viewer)

clarkstonwolves

Footballguy
He was out last week and is questionable this week but, does anyone know of where he stands on the new "concussion watch"? (for lack of a better term).. I am very anxious to get him back in my lineup. I have a sneaky feeling that the Colts issues may lie in the lack of options for Peyton. Collie was top 10 before his original injury!

He was out last week and is questionable this week but, does anyone know of where he stands on the new "concussion watch"? (for lack of a better term).. I am very anxious to get him back in my lineup. I have a sneaky feeling that the Colts issues may lie in the lack of options for Peyton. Collie was top 10 before his original injury!
No word yet. My gut tells me that he will play vs New England, but I have nothing to back that up.

No word yet. My gut tells me that he will play vs New England, but I have nothing to back that up.
Hey Louisville.. I've won many-a-fantasy game going on "gut instinct"!.. Your input is much appreciated

Indianapolis Colts head coach Jim Caldwell said WR Austin Collie (concussion) has been cleared to practice but has not been cleared to play at this time, reports Phillip B. Wilson, of The Indianapolis Star.
Sounds very promising. I don't expect to see him in Week 11 but it seems like he'll be good to go for the end of the season.

Per Rotoworld

Austin Collie (concussion) is not expected to practice Thursday, and his status for Week 11 is in question.

Collie, Mike Hart (ankle), Joseph Addai (shoulder), and LB Clint Session (forearm) were all missing from the Colts locker room early Thursday afternoon. Phil Wilson of the Indy Star doubts that any of them will play at New England. Coach Jim Caldwell indicated that Collie may be cleared for practice, but he's not yet cleared for game action. Caldwell did say that Blair White (shoulder) looked good Wednesday, so he has a shot to start in the slot. Nov. 18 - 1:10 pm et

Not sounding good for this weekend. I just yanked him from all my lineups.

But for Week 12 and beyond . . . should be good to go.

http://www.rototimes.com/nfl/player/7772/notes#83535

Player Notes

November 18, 2010

Phillip Wilson of the Indianapolis Star doubts Austin Collie (concussion) will play against the Patriots on Sunday.

Our View:There had been some optimism that Collie would play after he put in a limited practice on Wednesday while not being listed on the Colts' injury report. Stay tuned...

Full participant at practice today.

rotoworld:

Updating a previous item, Austin Collie (concussion) was upgraded to full participation on Thursday.

Beat writer Phil Wilson suggested earlier in the day that Collie was doubtful to play this week because he was missing from the locker room. Now that he's practicing without limits, we suspect Wilson is more optimistic. We're tentatively penciling Collie in as the Colts' slot receiver this week at New England.

Full participant at practice today.rotoworld:Updating a previous item, Austin Collie (concussion) was upgraded to full participation on Thursday.Beat writer Phil Wilson suggested earlier in the day that Collie was doubtful to play this week because he was missing from the locker room. Now that he's practicing without limits, we suspect Wilson is more optimistic. We're tentatively penciling Collie in as the Colts' slot receiver this week at New England.
phil wilson on twitter:# @IamEls All I know is he's in NE. That suggests he has been cleared or he wouldn't have traveled. about 1 hour ago via Twitter for BlackBerry® in reply to IamEls * Reply * Retweet# #Colts WR Austin Collie traveled to NE. I expect him to play. about 1 hour ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

Full participant at practice today.rotoworld:Updating a previous item, Austin Collie (concussion) was upgraded to full participation on Thursday.Beat writer Phil Wilson suggested earlier in the day that Collie was doubtful to play this week because he was missing from the locker room. Now that he's practicing without limits, we suspect Wilson is more optimistic. We're tentatively penciling Collie in as the Colts' slot receiver this week at New England.
phil wilson on twitter:# @IamEls All I know is he's in NE. That suggests he has been cleared or he wouldn't have traveled. about 1 hour ago via Twitter for BlackBerry® in reply to IamEls * Reply * Retweet# #Colts WR Austin Collie traveled to NE. I expect him to play. about 1 hour ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®
I heard he needed to be cleared by an independent doctor in order to play this week I also heard that would have been done by sat.. I've got to gamble on either him or gates and after practicing fully for 2 days I'll roll the dice on Collie unless I hear the independent clearance is still pending,but I can't see him traveling if it was.

Any word on Collie after leaving the game early yesterday? I thought I saw that he suffered another concussion somewhere, but I had not seen anything beyond that.

Any word on Collie after leaving the game early yesterday? I thought I saw that he suffered another concussion somewhere, but I had not seen anything beyond that.
I didn't hear that he had another concussion - only that he was feeling woozy after taking a few hits, suggesting that he was still feeling some effects from the initial concussion. Any word would be great.

I didn't hear that he had another concussion - only that he was feeling woozy after taking a few hits, suggesting that he was still feeling some effects from the initial concussion. Any word would be great.
I think that's the definition of a repeat concussion.

Users who are viewing this thread