What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ballsy/Crazy/Stupid/Genius moves (1 Viewer)

iSnitch

Footballguy
Congratulations to everyone who made it to the championship - and if you didn't quite make it this far, better luck next season.

What ballsy/crazy/stupid/genius moves are you guys making in the last week of your season? And with the championship on the line, why are you making it?

This is one of the few weeks my starting roster has been a no-brainer. With Pat Williams and Reggie Bush out, I'm rolling with Turner and Pierre Thomas. Over Ronnie and Leon.

I'm also playing the Cowboys defense over the Jets - Cowboys have been amazing the last few weeks and I'm hoping their last game in their stadium plus a rookie qb in Flacco should net me quite a few points.

How about a starting backfield of Cedric Benson & Darren McFadden...???!!!

I'm considering as I've got LBJ & MBIII/Tashard...

thinking about the following: all PPR

sitting CJ3 for Kevin Walter

sitting Gates for Owen Daniels

sitting V-Jax for Bess

Kevin Curtis, Torry Holt for Greg Olsen

Starting Schuab over McNabb (not too crazy there)

Picking up and prob starting Foster over CJ3 (ppr)

Picking up NO kicker for last week.

Picking up Dallas D for last week.

Also picking up Houston D, Morris (NE)

All in all, im dropping half of my team and picking up 5 new players, 3 of which will be in my starting lineup....for the finals! :goodposting:

I'm thinking about benching LT for the 2nd week in a row (last week I played Rhodes). And I'll probably bench CJ3. I'm also thinking about some newcomers this week. I needed some new blood. Cedric , DeShaun , Tashard or maybe even Le'Ron . Or I've got Ryan on the bench too. Someone with a 2-syllable name for a change.

In a PPR league :

If Addai dresses - I'm sitting Addai/Rhodes tonight and planning to play Foster on Sunday vs the Rams. :sadbanana:

IF Gore plays Sunday that will force me to play Dunn vs SD instead of Foster. :wall:

The guy I'm playing is trotting LT(@TB) and D. Williams(@NYG) out there as his RB's but neither one has what I consider a great matchup. So I'm trying to hit a HR with Foster. :thumbup:

I just picked up Detroit kicker Hansen for just this game. The O/U is 50.5 points and no other game is more than 45. Its in a dome and Hansen is good at 50+ yarders (which gives bonus points). I can't believe I'm going with a DETROIT guy, but the proverbial shoe fits here!

A move I'm considering is rolling with Choice over Thomas Jones. Not sure I have the stones to do that though. I just have a feeling Choice is going to get 150 APY and a TD, just like he's done against Pitt and NYG. Dallas grinds out the clock in the 4th with Choice getting the majority of the yards. Bah, the safe play is Thomas Jones. He's been good to me all year. I'll stick with him.

I just picked up Detroit kicker Hansen for just this game. The O/U is 50.5 points and no other game is more than 45. Its in a dome and Hansen is good at 50+ yarders (which gives bonus points). I can't believe I'm going with a DETROIT guy, but the proverbial shoe fits here!
I also picked up Hanson and plan to start him. My opponent has Hartley. :unsure:

Considering picking up Orvloskey (or whatever the hell his name is)... and starting him over Rivers and Orton in the finals.

Not sure if that's a good move or not. Need a high upside play at QB.

Considering picking up Orvloskey (or whatever the hell his name is)... and starting him over Rivers and Orton in the finals.Not sure if that's a good move or not. Need a high upside play at QB.
I thought about that one but every time I sit Rivers he does well.....odds aren't great this week going to Fla and all but I can't put my championship in Orlovsky's hands.

Starting Pierre Thomas over Marshawn Lynch (ADP is my other back)

Starting Schaub at QB over Eli and Shaun Hill (not exactly ballsy)

Picked up Garrett Hartley just for this game (over Kaeding)

Schaub

P Thomas

ADP

Wayne

Calvin Johnson

Tony G

Garrett Hartley

Cowboys D

Let's hope that's the winning lineup.

Started Dom Rhodes as my flex in both my leagues:

League 1: Started Dom over ChJohnson, Jon Stewart, TChoice, DWard, LenDale

League 2 (PPR): Started Dom over Boldin (assuming he's out), Housh, Mewelde, DWard.

I only posted this after he got 60 yards and a TD...b/c I will take that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Starting Jennings and Steven Jackson while leaving Carolina's Steve Smith on the bench.

Unless of course I change my mind :goodposting:

-QG

beginning of the season:

schaub

MB3

reggie bush

anquan boldin

santan moss

championship game:

schaub

tashard choice

deangelo williams