What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

BBQ Contest....choose our team name (1 Viewer)

BigJohn and I would like to thank everyone for their entries. There were a few that were very close to being chosen, but one came to us tonight that we will be going with. "Smokin' in the John BBQ" will be our team name for this event.

It is a 1-day event (Sept.27) in Trotwood Ohio, only chicken and pork ribs will be judged. $50.00 entry fee with a 15-team cap and a $500.00 first prize. They are using KCBS rules but are inquiring if KCBS judges will be used.

We will have McClure's rubs as our secret weapon. Will report more as we get closer to Q-day.

Thanks again everyone for your interest and name suggestions.

BigJohn and I would like to thank everyone for their entries. There were a few that were very close to being chosen, but one came to us tonight that we will be going with. "Smokin' in the John BBQ" will be our team name for this event.

It is a 1-day event (Sept.27) in Trotwood Ohio, only chicken and pork ribs will be judged. $50.00 entry fee with a 15-team cap and a $500.00 first prize. They are using KCBS rules but are inquiring if KCBS judges will be used.

We will have McClure's rubs as our secret weapon. Will report more as we get closer to Q-day.

Really? Idiot Boxer gives you those gems and you guys pick the one that sounds like you're smoking your BBQ in the bathroom?

What you just witnessed here, folks, is a PJTM. To wit, a situation where an FBG asks for help from the board, gets great suggestions and ignores them all in favor of a very questionable choice.

What you just witnessed here, folks, is a PJTM. To wit, a situation where an FBG asks for help from the board, gets great suggestions and ignores them all in favor of a very questionable choice.
This phenomenon does need a name - what does PJ stand for?

ETA - D'oh - the OP's name.

I think it needs a more generic name though, he's just the latest example.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oof.

We're happy with our choice. IB did give us great suggestions. There were others too, but in the end, we get to pick what we want. Funny how that works.

Update?

I presume you'd have told us if you won.

Did you finish #2 ?

Update?

I presume you'd have told us if you won.

Did you finish #2 ?
lolololol

I posted in the Smoking and McClure's thread but forgot about this one. We took 3rd in Ribs out of 15 teams.....$175.00 payday. Chicken was fantastic but not what the judges were looking for. Very pleased with our results for the first time out. We actually got some great feedback about our name.....it will be around for a while.

Users who are viewing this thread