What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Beginner's Guide : 10 Rules of Badminton (1 Viewer)

For the record, she wasn't joking around when she said you two are always flirting. The second she mentioned it on the phone, you should have realized this is what she really thinks.

Threesome is on
I don't think so and I would have a hard time believing my wife is sincere if she brought it up. While the idea of a threesome sounds great and probably would be amazing in the moment, I think it could be a bad idea for our marriage over the long term. If my wife was ever serious about it, I would be willing to bet she would want to do it with someone we both don't know, not a really good friend (and a married one at that).
Odds are it won't end well but for our amusement, you should move forward with it. Your 5 minutes of pleasure will give us weeks of entertainment. Even longer if you can film them warming up without you.

Threesome is on
I don't think so and I would have a hard time believing my wife is sincere if she brought it up. While the idea of a threesome sounds great and probably would be amazing in the moment, I think it could be a bad idea for our marriage over the long term. If my wife was ever serious about it, I would be willing to bet she would want to do it with someone we both don't know, not a really good friend (and a married one at that).
ya think?

offdee said:
Sand said:
chet said:
Baloney Sandwich said:
offdee said:
Baloney Sandwich said:
Godsbrother said:
Ok I'll bite. How hot is the wife's friend?
cute more than hot but definitely on the upper end of the spectrum of my wife's friends. she married her high school sweetheart so pretty sure she has only been with her husband.
7: Cute girl at the club, in classes, at work, in apt building. Definitely cute, but not tops locally.http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk161/offdee/offdee%20Scale/TOS7.jpg

6: Fairly attractive, no major flaws but maybe minor ones

http://s280.photobucket.com/user/offdee/media/offdee%20Scale/TOS6.jpg.html#/user/offdee/media/offdee%20Scale/TOS6.jpg.html?&_suid=1403197446434016405667706977633
I like your example of a 6 more than your example of a 7 so tough for me to put evaluate off of those but from your scale descriptions I would say a solid 7, at times a 7.5
Don't listen to offdee. The kid is clueless. Even if you didn't know that before, the above pics prove it. We all know what a 7 looks like and we don't need his idiotic description and pics to figure it out.
I also know what an offdee 9 and 10 look like, but am still pretty pissed that those two pictures have been deleted from his scale. Keeps the 1 but deletes the 10? The travesty...
Not sure what you mean GB...

10: Almost flawless and very rare. Could be a top model, top playboy centerfold (nationally amazing, the MENSA of hotness)

http://s280.photobucket.com/user/offdee/media/offdee%20Scale/TOS10.png.html#/user/offdee/media/offdee%20Scale/TOS10.png.html?&_suid=140321493829208241496824655528

9: The hottest girl at the club, The hottest girl at school, etc (more locally amazing)

http://s280.photobucket.com/user/offdee/media/offdee%20Scale/TOS85b.jpg.html#/user/offdee/media/offdee%20Scale/TOS85b.jpg.html?&_suid=1403214928539005177913149021757
This has to be the most worn out, sophomoric shtick on the board. Just stop.

So ultimately, wife's friend sent you some stupid, kinda-flirty texts, you feel the need to tell the wife, and the wife will be down one friend shortly I'd imagine.

So ultimately, wife's friend sent you some stupid, kinda-flirty texts, you feel the need to tell the wife, and the wife will be down one friend shortly I'd imagine.
And wife now has a trust issue with baloney sandwich.

Probably not the absolute worst way to play it, but pretty bad.

The two ladies are trying to tell you to get lost when the kids sleep over because they don't need you to be there when they have lady fun. They're testing you to see if you'd be okay with them having fun with you knowing about it. Not three but those two.

NOTE - they're already getting it on.

Definitely backfired if the goal was to earn trust. Nothing positive came out of telling her. Now you will have to walk on a fine line whenever you deal with this friend or her name comes up in conversation.

Just by feeling the need to go right to the wife, he elevated the importance of the texts. And as you said, she's now probably suspicious of the sandwich's motives for showing her.

I'm not fully up to date on the story, but I didn't agree with all the original advice to tell the wife immediately.

It does nobody any good. The wife will lose a friend out of the ordeal when nothing happened and never will. It also makes wife suspicious of OP no matter what happened (the flirty text couldn't have just come from nowhere).

Wife had nothing to worry about before. Telling her might make OP feel more protected, but it makes the wife lose a friend and start worrying about her husband.

Best just to let everything go and move on before any real offense is committed.

Last edited by a moderator:
If my GF's friend sent me a text like that, it would make me feel very uncomfortable. I'd tell my GF right away.

I think it's kind of funny that so many people are more worried about trying to not lose the option of a threeway than making sure their relationship is happy. I'm sure half of it is shtick, but I'm positive most of it is serious. Did I say funny? I meant sad.

If my GF's friend sent me a text like that, it would make me feel very uncomfortable. I'd tell my GF right away.

I think it's kind of funny that so many people are more worried about trying to not lose the option of a threeway than making sure their relationship is happy. I'm sure half of it is shtick, but I'm positive most of it is serious. Did I say funny? I meant sad.
crying on the inside, sad.

Half + Most > 100%

I know I am in the minority, but I would have played it just like boloney, although I would have probably just forwarded the texts to my wife right away with a wtf. Not for fear, just because that is the type of relationship my wife and I have

I am OK with not having a threesome. Im not secure enough to be involved with something like that. Sure it sounds fun, but in reality, it would make me bonkers

I know, I know, I am the buzzkill

Half + Most > 100%
Are you questioning my math skills? :confused:

Largely ignoring is still just the best option.

If the GF somehow finds out, just say it didn't register as flirty and you just didn't think much about it. If you didn't respond or just responded something short and uninteresting, that story will hold just fine.

Bringing it up at all raises some suspicion on some level. Either it really was flirty, which means you invited it somehow. Or it wasn't, and you were reading "flirty" when it really wasn't there, which means you are interested in the friend. Lose-lose.

All happens with telling is the GF loses a friend and becomes suspicious of you.

Half + Most > 100%
Are you questioning my math skills? :confused:
I am questioning whether you are 'sure' half is shtick or whether you are 'positive' most is serious? I really don't know if 'sure' has a higher confidence level than 'positive' does.

I know I am in the minority, but I would have played it just like boloney, although I would have probably just forwarded the texts to my wife right away with a wtf. Not for fear, just because that is the type of relationship my wife and I have

I am OK with not having a threesome. Im not secure enough to be involved with something like that. Sure it sounds fun, but in reality, it would make me bonkers

I know, I know, I am the buzzkill
I would have added a picture of my nuts to the thread. Not ruling that out for later.

For you "report everything" guys, how far do you go?

Do you tell the wife/GF every time you think her friend's eyes linger?

Maybe you think she bent over in front of you, and you suspect she wanted you to check out her ###?

Maybe you saw her at the grocery store and you swear she gave you the #### me eyes.

Telling your GF/wife that you think her friend wants to #### you just seems like a terrible idea (whether you are right or wrong).

Maybe you think she bent over in front of you, and you suspect she wanted you to check out her ###?

Maybe you saw her at the grocery store and you swear she gave you the #### me eyes.

Telling your GF/wife that you think her friend wants to #### you just seems like a terrible idea (whether you are right or wrong).
Its not about what you know. Its what you can prove. Texts are pretty good evidenc

If the GF somehow finds out, just say it didn't register as flirty and you just didn't think much about it. If you didn't respond or just responded something short and uninteresting, that story will hold just fine.

Bringing it up at all raises some suspicion on some level. Either it really was flirty, which means you invited it somehow. Or it wasn't, and you were reading "flirty" when it really wasn't there, which means you are interested in the friend. Lose-lose.

All happens with telling is the GF loses a friend and becomes suspicious of you.
I am pretty much with Sheik because that's just the way I tend to operate, upfront. Especially given the possibility that it comes up anyway. I can see being dismissive if you think it will fly, but often that just raises suspicions.

I didn't bring it to my wife's attention right away but did being it up same day in a casual manner. There was a decent chance friend would have told wife she sent the original text to me so telling her was a hedge against that being the case. I know my wife and there was a lot more downside to not telling her than telling her.

The only way you bring it up to the wife is with annoyance (the Constanza approach mentioned earlier) like, "Why is your friend sending me this stuff?" Even then it only avoids the trust issue with your wife, it'll still probably have a negative impact on the relationship between your wife and her friend. If that's what you want then tell the wife. Otherwise it's an ignore unless you actually want to open up the drama factory.

Its not about what you know. Its what you can prove. Texts are pretty good evidenc
Exactly. Maybe Mr and Mrs Baloney are sitting on the couch one day and she remembers she needed to tell her friend something, but her phone is upstairs but Mr. B's is right there. So she grabs his phone to text her and in doing so, she sees a conversation between the two of them from a month ago that she thinks is flirty. Our hero is going to be in some ####, deserved or not.

So I get home last night and it is the usual chaotic scene of my 3 and 5 year old running around the place going all nuts and my wife having that look of you can taking f'ng care of them now. She had ordered a pizza which was coming shortly and showed me a to do list of about 20 things she wanted done either tonight or Friday. I ran upstairs to change into some shorts and started to work on putting together a kid's outdoor picnic table. Pizza arrives, we eat and it is time to give the kids their bath and put them to bed. Wife mentions she needs to go to Trader Joe's and Target so I tell her to go and I will finish putting the kids down.

Kids are down so I crack a beer and watch this week's Suits episode On Demand (underrated show in my opinion) and have two more beers and start watching Pulp Fiction on some cable channel when she finally gets home. I help her with all the bags in her car and sit back on the couch. She gets done putting everything away and joins me on the couch, we chit chat for a few minutes about whatever and then when there is an opening I go, "Hey, totally forgot to tell you about the text I received from your friend this morning"

I tell her about the picture and what she wrote, she asks me what I wrote back and says nice in a snide way when I tell her. Then I say, well you should see what she wrote then and I show her the phone.

Wife: "Wow, she is straight out flirting with you. I think she is horny and wants to bang you"

Me: "Yeah, I thought that was a little strange...perhaps she wants to couple swap"

Wife: "No way that is happening, Friend's husband is gross. I can't say I blame Friend for wanting to get some after being with him for so long"

Okay now, before anyone starts breaking out the fishing poles realize my wife is saying all of this in a light hearted joking manner. She goes on the say she is surprised friend wrote the last message and seemed more surprised than angry as they are really good friends. She goes on to make some comments that me and friend are always flirting with each other but more in a playful busting my balls manner than accusing me of anything (I think). I'm playing around and keeping it in the light hearted manner that my wife seems to be taking it but still a bit careful not to fall into any trap. Her phone rings and it is her best friend so she goes off into the kitchen to chat and I go back to watching Pulp Fiction (almost unwatchable when they edit for TV).

I hear her mention friends name that sent me the text while she is on the phone but can't make out everything she is saying. I do hear her say "They are always flirting with each other but I'm surprised she sent him that" but then the subject changes. She is on the phone for another 10 minutes or so and gets off and we decide to go to bed because it is late. Both of us are pretty tired and so no sexy time but as we are both lying down she brings it up again and says I think she might really want to bang you. I joke that who could blame her and my wife says she is serious to which I respond that I think she was just trying to be funny and interpreting too much into a text is silly. My wife says something about the fact that she knows friend is the one I would want to bang out of all her friends and says it will be interesting when she comes over in a few weeks (we both have boys the same age that are friends). My wife says she was going to see if her and her boy wanted to sleep over because she thought the kids would love it but now says she doesn't know. I laugh again but don't want to fall into a trap so I kiss her and go to bed.
I've had similar conversations with my wife when women were flirty with me and me, being the dumb ### I am, had no clue. I would usually end them the same way. A few times she would tell me the next morning that she couldn't sleep thinking about it. It would blow over in a day and never had any problem of any kind. A few times she would wake me up in the middle of the night. It would "blow over" and never be any problem of any kind. Either way, it's always worked out for me.

Never has resulted in a change of the dynamic of a friendship or acquaintance that I know of. So you are down a few rungs from where I have been. My initial reaction would be to woo the crap out of your wife this weekend to make sure she knows that she is the only one. While playfully letting her know that there is a pinch hitter on deck if necessary. But again, what the hell do I know...

Why we she be suspicious? If anything he earned more trust by being up front about it. I still say for most woman #### would absolutely hit the fan if she found out about the text down the road and the op didn't say anything.

I didn't bring it to my wife's attention right away but did being it up same day in a casual manner. There was a decent chance friend would have told wife she sent the original text to me so telling her was a hedge against that being the case. I know my wife and there was a lot more downside to not telling her than telling her.
I think you did the right thing. These things have a way of lingering and brought up at unexpected times. Since you told her, your wife knows it is instigated by the friend and not you.

Put yourself in her shoes for a moment.. if you found out your best friend was text flirting back and forth with your wife, how would you feel about it? If she never told you and you found out later, would you feel better or worse than if she told you about it up front so that you knew he did it?

Why do you need to hedge and what kind of downside can there be for you? If you would have let the friend tell the wife, the wife and her friend could have gotten a big laugh over it. You could have responded, if asked, that you thought nothing of it. You made it important by bringing it up. You certainly know your wife better than us, but it seems like you were acting out of position of not getting accused or in trouble by the wife.

Does the wife have any bi-tendencies?

After the wife said she knew you liked the gf best out of her friends you should have asked your wife if she found her friend attractive. Would have put it back on her while pushing the subject of a threesome along.

I think you did the right thing. These things have a way of lingering and brought up at unexpected times. Since you told her, your wife knows it is instigated by the friend and not you.

Put yourself in her shoes for a moment.. if you found out your best friend was text flirting back and forth with your wife, how would you feel about it? If she never told you and you found out later, would you feel better or worse than if she told you about it up front so that you knew he did it?
If wife found out 3 months later, and found out it ended right there? Why would wife think anything of it? If my best friend sent a text like that to my wife, I would assume his stupid sense of humor was a little inappropriate, and bust his balls about it. I certainly wouldn't get pissed at the wife or him.

Users who are viewing this thread