What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bench Peyton? (1 Viewer)

With Harrison and Addai not expected to play, is anyone considering putting Peyton on the bench? Tampa Bay's defense has looked better than many would have thought this year - if they're able to limit Reggie Wayne's effectiveness, Peyton could find open targets hard to come by.

I guess it really depends on who your backup is - I have Favre, so it probably wouldn't be much of a dropoff. Even so, I am really wrestling with the idea of benching a healthy Peyton.

Anyone else?

The thing to think about is if Addai is out, Peyton will be throwing a ton anyway. He will get his one way or another. It might be Dallas Clark on a seam route instead of Marvin, but Peyton would be tough to bench for me

Like you said, it probably depends on who your back-up is. I'm guessing though that most Manning owners didn't worry about snagging a second QB too early in the draft, so I imagine there are very few Manning owners that own QB's potentially worth starting over him (like Romo or Kitna). Favre might be the only exception, but I agree that I would have a hard time starting Favre over Peyton.

And if there ARE Manning owners out there that also own Romo or Kitna, then there's a trade somewhere out there that they need to be making.

Last edited by a moderator:
i've been benching manning in one of my leagues.... for romo...

i've tried trading him or romo, and everyone wants to give me pretty much nothing for them since they see my predicament...

but yeah, i'm defintely looking to trade manning... and don't plan on playing him over romo this week...

i think favre or manning is a good question... i'd go with manning, even more so if adai is out

Given Indy's starting running back is out, I'd suggest this is a bad idea unless your backup is Palmer, Brady or Romo.

With Addai out Manning's value goes up in my book. Say welcome back to the days of passing it inside the opponent's 5 :yes:

Wayne, Clark and Gonzales are still a more talented trio than most receiving corps in the league. And Harrison got hurt at the end of the first quarter last week and Manning was facing two big-name CBs yet his production was pretty much unaffected.

Steeler07 said:
With Addai out Manning's value goes up in my book. Say welcome back to the days of passing it inside the opponent's 5 :confused:
:thumbup: Manning will be fine. Im sure Colts fans would love to see that rookie WR do something. 6 catches thru 4 is non-factorish. Now may be the time. The Keith kid looks really good in his backup role, so Im not sure there will be a huge dropoff anyway. But as far as benching Manning. Only against Baltimore in your fantasy playoffs. If it were to ever happen again.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread